Light Novel - Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Light Novel Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

Petrit Zeneli

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not surprised Rem ended up being much more liked than any of the other female characters. I mean okey she was in a lot of the story until Emilia was saved, but I think it's also due to your typical reasons.
- She's more interesting than the main "heroine"
- She's not a damsel in distress like Emilia aka useless as hell.
- Actively helped out whenever she could.
- Sacrificed herself countless times in order to help Subaru reach his goal.
- She's pretty much the ray of light that brought Subaru back from insanity and when she HAD the chance of accepting his offer of running away she rejected him, not because she doesn't love him but because she could see and KNEW he wasn't being himself.
- She's the "underdog love rival". How is she the underdog in this? She's not the main useless heroine so by default odds are against her and she will lose.

Thing is authors always establish the main love interest from the start and refuse to budge. I don't know what it is with Japan and these sort of love stories because it makes no sense. I mean why even have a love rival then? What is their point if their destiny is to lose regardless of what they do, how is it interesting? All it does, is give fans false hope and they buy said characters merchandise to show their support for said character, and that's practically what Rem has turned into, a cash cow. The author will dangle Rem x Subaru in front of fans but never make it canon. Man I feel depressed .__.
The reason why I enjoy watching Anime is because the stories are so fucking beautiful when they're done right, and there are dozens of beautifully written stories out there...Kaichou wa Maid Sama, Kyoukai no Kanata, Hellsing, Shokugeki no Soma, Clannad, Your Lie in April, Naruto...fucking loads of them, and then I see something like this that's so fucking beautiful (I'm crying inside)...the story the characters, the setting...fucking everything is perfect...and as you said Rem is just there as a sideline character who probably won't even be given the time and day to be recognised as Subaru's true Love and what WILL WE HAVE IN THE END? FUCKING NOTHING...THAT'S WHAT...Goodness sakes Rem's story is so much more tragic then that Self Loathing Half Elf with a Low self Esteem issues, and she still will be picked as Love End game for Subaru, and not Rem...she's done so much in one scene "You bastards stole my sister's horn and stole my reason to live but that wasn't enough? Now you have come here, and steal my reason to die, too?" - Rem EP 15 than Emilia will never come close to achieving in her entire cannon ark...and it hurts, that the story will be butchered to reign in the cash on one characters popularity instead, of using said characters popularity to show why she's the reason the story is beautiful. Every point you wrote was perfect and you're right on all accounts and what's not fair is that she'll just be a side character with nothing to gain in the future arks, while Subaru goes ahead and plays Love birds with a bimbo who can't even defend her fucking self.

D'you know what hurts the most is this comment Rem made when she talks about SubaruI "love it when you stroke my hair. I feel as if we can understand each other through the contact between your hand and my hair. I love your voice. Just hearing you say one word makes my heart feel warmer. I love your eyes. Normally, they look stern, but when you're being kind to someone, I love the way they soften. I love your fingers. For a boy, you have such lovely fingers. But when they clutch me, I know they are the strong, slender fingers of a man. I love the way you walk. When we walk together, I love the way you occasionally turn, to make sure I keep up. I love the way you look when you sleep. You look unguarded, like an infant, and your eyelashes are on the long side. When I touch your cheek, you calm down... And when I playfully touch your lips, you don't even notice... And it makes my heart ache terribly. I love you." It breaks my heart no matter how many times I read it, and watch the anime episode, and it's not fucking fair.

This scene fucking broke me and I still haven't recovered from it.

This story reminds me of Naruto for some odd reason...Subaru is Sakura, Emilia is Sasuke, Rem is Naruto...Rem will always try to show Subaru why she loves him and will bare her heart out, but Subaru just won't listen no matter how hard Rem tell's him...Subaru will run after Emilia and Emilia will do the same thing to Subaru...Subaru will turn towards Rem and she rejects him...Enough\s enough with this bullshit...I've had it with Authors giving character multiple lovers...fucking Hell man just stick with one and drive the story...

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
That is not quite true though... Subaru wants to do ANYTHING to save Rem. Even Roswaal mentioned that Emilia might lose Subaru if he actually suceeds.

The WN is at arc 6/11. Dear proud members of the Rem-supporting-club. Don't give up yet!

Tias

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
That is not quite true though... Subaru wants to do ANYTHING to save Rem. Even Roswaal mentioned that Emilia might lose Subaru if he actually suceeds.

The WN is at arc 6/11. Dear proud members of the Rem-supporting-club. Don't give up yet!
In this case Roswaal was a vessel for the author to tease the fans, dangling that delicious Rem x Subaru ship over our heads to keep the cash cow alive. Lets not try and delude ourselves like that one naruto x sakura forum where people were so in denial over how the manga ended that they thought it must be an illusion. Only way I see Rem x Subaru happening is if the jealouse with somehow takes over Emilia as a vessel ( they shared same voice actor and look similar apparently so who knows, fingers crossed). Only Emilia's death leads to the outcome I want ._.

YbKWzNEb

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
if the jealouse with somehow takes over Emilia as a vessel ( they shared same voice actor and look similar apparently so who knows, fingers crossed)
I doubt the author will use that again. It happens in
Arc 4

Tias

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
I doubt the author will use that again. It happens in
Arc 4
Well damn.
Also even if it happened, the thing that would be annoying about it is that it would feel like Rem would just be the 2nd choice since he couldn't have his first choice. Would be nice if he chose her even with useless Emilia sitting on the table as an option.

YbKWzNEb

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Well damn.
Also even if it happened, the thing that would be annoying about it is that it would feel like Rem would just be the 2nd choice since he couldn't have his first choice. Would be nice if he chose her even with useless Emilia sitting on the table as an option.
:XD This dialogue in Arc 5 might cheer you up though.
Even if Subaru clearly told his feelings, Emilia’s mental growth wasn’t quite there yet. It seemed like no progress was made up until now for these two in regards to their understanding of the type of love formed in a relationship between a man and woman.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Let us remain vigil for the return of our sweet little angel, who could wipe the floor with Subaru anyway :cheez

YbKWzNEb

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It might be late but this dialogue from Re:Petit 7 shows that White Fox is aware of Rem's popularity status. This episode was released after "Zero Kara" btw.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
It might be late but this dialogue from Re:Petit 7 shows that White Fox is aware of Rem's popularity status. This episode was released after "Zero Kara" btw.

I really hope she comes back. It's possible. Give me a hint will you? Does Gluttony get killed or defeated?

Petrit Zeneli

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In this case Roswaal was a vessel for the author to tease the fans, dangling that delicious Rem x Subaru ship over our heads to keep the cash cow alive. Lets not try and delude ourselves like that one naruto x sakura forum where people were so in denial over how the manga ended that they thought it must be an illusion. Only way I see Rem x Subaru happening is if the jealouse with somehow takes over Emilia as a vessel ( they shared same voice actor and look similar apparently so who knows, fingers crossed). Only Emilia's death leads to the outcome I want ._.
I have a theory that once Emilia, Subaru and the other knights reach Satela's cage or the place she's sealed that Emilia will collapse and her memories will return to her. Thing is with that said Emilia will be the one who will unleash Satela but not on her own free will, she's connected to Satela and if you say that Emilia is Satela's vessel then, all that Satela needs is for Emilia's blood to be drained and sacrificed whilst draining her mana, which would include Subaru's too, since Satela resides in his heart too...you see both Subaru and Emilia are needed to unleash Satela, and once it happens then Subaru will probably have to kill Satela and Emilia together, which will devastate him even more...and Rem will be there to help him heal and move on again.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Don't get me wrong Emilia has a wonderful smile but Rem's smile just melts your heart and I've tried plenty of times to hate Rem in the past...I can't do it...I just can't! Rem's just like her sister Sam are too precious and I love them unconditionally. Emilia is like a child still learning to walk and talk...don't get me wrong she's charming but her personality is 1 dimensional...yeah in future episodes and arcs we may see Emilia improve and her character developed more, but it's going to come out very forced and that's not right....she's like what @Tias said..."A vessel" an empty body with nothing to build up on! I may be proven wrong but this is like fishing only to catch a boot at the end of the cord.

YbKWzNEb

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Emilia is like a child still learning to walk and talk...don't get me wrong she's charming but her personality is 1 dimensional...yeah in future episodes and arcs we may see Emilia improve and her character developed more,
Funny thing though, Rem is a much more developed character in just 1 arc which is arc 3 than Emilia IMO. Even Subaru was quite disappointed as seen in the dialogue of arc 5 posted above.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
To be fair, Emilia was kinda frozen in time and I am pretty sure she never had the chance to "learn" such things.

We can only pray for Rem getting the love she deserves.

YbKWzNEb

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I am pretty sure she never had the chance to "learn" such things.
Speaking of learning, one of the funny events that occured in Arc 4 is this

Emilia's misconception that kissing makes babies due to what Annerose(which is a 9 year old girl btw) told her.

Petrit Zeneli

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Funny thing though, Rem is a much more developed character in just 1 arc which is arc 3 than Emilia IMO. Even Subaru was quite disappointed as seen in the dialogue of arc 5 posted above.
1 arc...don't you mean 1 episode?...Or should I say 1 scene eclipsed everything any other character could/would/have/will accomplish. Crusch accomplished more in 1 episode and did it on the White Whale hunt...just that alone showed how strong and independent she is...I fucking love Crusch...always will...I hope she finds a man that will Love her in future chapters to come....not Lovebird type of Love but one like Subaru and Rem have...gosh I wish she was real so I could cuddle her.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Speaking of learning, one of the funny events that occured in Arc 4 is this

Emilia's misconception that kissing makes babies due to what Annerose(which is a 9 year old girl btw) told her.
Hahahahahahahahah that was funny...hell even I laughed at that...oh gosh the memories are starting to flood back into my head...thank you for this.

YbKWzNEb

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
1 arc...don't you mean 1 episode?...Or should I say 1 scene eclipsed everything any other character could/would/have/will accomplish. Crusch accomplished more in 1 episode and did it on the White Whale hunt...just that alone showed how strong and independent she is...I fucking love Crusch...always will...I hope she finds a man that will Love her in future chapters to come....not Lovebird type of Love but one like Subaru and Rem have...gosh I wish she was real so I could cuddle her.
Yeah i mean 1 arc which is Arc 3. Emilia did have the spotlight on Arcs 1, 4 & 5.

Petrit Zeneli

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah i mean 1 arc which is Arc 3. Emilia did have the spotlight on Arcs 1, 4 & 5.
True but it was lackluster and it came of as very cliche

Tias

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
To be fair, Emilia was kinda frozen in time and I am pretty sure she never had the chance to "learn" such things.

We can only pray for Rem getting the love she deserves.
from what I've read online Subaru choose Emilia and Rem is still in her coma.
Not gonna follow this series anymore <_<

I find it boring how it's so obvious that the main heroine always "wins".

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
from what I've read online Subaru choose Emilia and Rem is still in her coma.
Not gonna follow this series anymore <_<

I find it boring how it's so obvious that the main heroine always "wins".
That is not quite right. By now he loves Rem as much as Emilia if not more. Even the witch with the ability to "turn into" what Subaru wants the most, turned into Rem.

Tias

Reaction score
Country
Denmark