Light Novel - Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Light Novel Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think I will read it after all. The anime is up to date with the LN, right? From where do I start reading the WN?

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
No the Anime is not completely up to date with the LN. One Interlude and one chapter of Vol 9 are missing.

You need to start from LN Vol 9 Interlude "Let's eat".

YbKWzNEb

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
No the Anime is not completely up to date with the LN. One Interlude and one chapter of Vol 9 are missing.

You need to start from LN Vol 9 Interlude "Let's eat".
Two interludes btw.
"Moments in the dragon carriage"

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The LN chapters have been translated?

YbKWzNEb

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Petrit Zeneli

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I started this the day before yesterday and finished it yesterday and I really liked it. But good lord during what? the middle of the series, Subaru basically turned into a disgusting pathetic piece of shit. I was honestly close to dropping the series solely because he his behavior was so annoying that it was getting unbearable to watch. Praise Rem for his sanity turning to normal though. But this aside.

I'm also disappointed in the obvious Subaru x Emilia ending. I mean I knew rooting for Rem was going to be a fruitless endeavor but still. I don't know why, but the "love rival" always seems to put much more effort and work into winning the main characters heart yet and still loses to the "main" heroine. Subaru hadn't even met Emilia when he came to the world and already told himself "first cute girl I meet is the girl I'm gonna chase after because THAT IS WHAT ALWAYS HAPPENS IN THIS SORT OF SETTING". Emilia was mostly just a damsel in distress. Whenever she DID do something useful it was mostly in one of the timelines where Subaru died, so in the successful "routes" she is mainly just passive and protected. Is Emilia cute and adorable? Yes, no doubt about it but she's just so passive and sort of boring. Hell, even Felt was more appealing and did more than Emilia if you ask me.
Rem has time and time again sacrificed herself for Subaru, her body twisted in so many ways and broken, yet she crawled to him in order to free him his chains. She brought him back from the brink of insanity but Subaru, the one track minded hero keeps running after Emilia because that's what he put into his head. So yeah, I don't understand the point of a "love" rival when they pretty much just lose all the time anyway. They don't even "spice up" the story because you KNOW they don't win and you just end up feeling sad for them because they often times deserve the happiness more.

I give the show a 8/10
Just to let you know that that Ep 25 wasn't even the true ending for RE:Zero...this is the true ending for RE:Zero that I posted a week ago but was removed due to Profanity and Censorship...here it is...NO SPOILER tags because you all deserve to get it first hand...you can find this on AnimeSuki forums too....as well as TranslateChicken

After many deaths and loops, Subaru & co finally bring an end to this bloody conflict, with the best possible outcome... or so it seemed.

Rem was the heroine of the entire 80+-chapter arc but after all was said and done, it was revealed she was "eaten" by the Grand Bishop of Gluttony. Her physical body remains in a coma, but her existence is erased from the world. Meaning, no one but Subaru remembers her. Not even her beloved sister Ram. And this happened BEFORE the new "loop point" was established i.e lap pillow with Emilia Love declaration/confession, making it impossible for Subaru to reset. He even committed multiple suicides in attempt to reset this tragedy.

Rem was the only person that stayed at his side with unwavering trust and devotion, so this devastates Subaru who had just managed to recover from so much averted tragedies.

She remains in coma even now, 200 chapters later in arc 5. But the Grand Bishop of Gluttony is one of the enemies in this arc, and Rem's spirit seems to be part of him, so we may see her finally restored.

here's Rem's last moments before and after her memories and name were eaten by Gluttony.

Intending to proclaiming her identity, Rem shook her head.

In this moment, the name she really wanted to say was

[Rem: Right now, I am only someone who is beloved by the person she loves. Companion of the Hero, the one I love the most in all the world, no matter what. Natsuki Subaru’s companion, Rem]

A pristine white horn emerged from her forehead, an immense surge of mana flew into her body from the atmosphere.

Her body drinking in new strength, the chain of her morning star writhing, rattling, the ice spears around her ringing in anticipation.

She opened her eyes, taking in the world and the feeling of the atmosphere. In her mind, she was seeing his face.

[Rem: Prepare yourselves, Sin Archbishops. Rem’s hero shall bring punishment upon you!]

Raising her morning star, the same instant the ice spears flew, Rem’s body shot forth.

As if in reply, Batenkaitos’ mouth stretched wide open, full of fangs.

[Ley: How wonderful!! —-Ah such PASSION! LET’S EAT!!]

Clash met clash, and in that instant she thought—

I wish when he realizes I am gone, it could cause a small ripple in his heart.

—This alone, was what Rem wished for in her final moment.
Link can be found here...https://translationchicken.com/2016/09/13/rezero-arc-3-interlude-ii-lets-eat-22/

How tragic that even in her final moments that the one person that went through her mind was Subaru...the boy she loved more than anything and that breaks my hearts. And the Author played it safe rather than give us the proper ending....the two faced prick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Tias

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Just to let you know that that Ep 25 wasn't even the true ending for RE:Zero...this is the true ending for RE:Zero that I posted a week ago but was removed due to Profanity and Censorship...here it is...NO SPOILER tags because you all deserve to get it first hand...you can find this on AnimeSuki forums too....as well as TranslateChicken

After many deaths and loops, Subaru & co finally bring an end to this bloody conflict, with the best possible outcome... or so it seemed.

Rem was the heroine of the entire 80+-chapter arc but after all was said and done, it was revealed she was "eaten" by the Grand Bishop of Gluttony. Her physical body remains in a coma, but her existence is erased from the world. Meaning, no one but Subaru remembers her. Not even her beloved sister Ram. And this happened BEFORE the new "loop point" was established i.e lap pillow with Emilia Love declaration/confession, making it impossible for Subaru to reset. He even committed multiple suicides in attempt to reset this tragedy.

Rem was the only person that stayed at his side with unwavering trust and devotion, so this devastates Subaru who had just managed to recover from so much averted tragedies.

She remains in coma even now, 200 chapters later in arc 5. But the Grand Bishop of Gluttony is one of the enemies in this arc, and Rem's spirit seems to be part of him, so we may see her finally restored.

here's Rem's last moments before and after her memories and name were eaten by Gluttony.

Intending to proclaiming her identity, Rem shook her head.

In this moment, the name she really wanted to say was

[Rem: Right now, I am only someone who is beloved by the person she loves. Companion of the Hero, the one I love the most in all the world, no matter what. Natsuki Subaru’s companion, Rem]

A pristine white horn emerged from her forehead, an immense surge of mana flew into her body from the atmosphere.

Her body drinking in new strength, the chain of her morning star writhing, rattling, the ice spears around her ringing in anticipation.

She opened her eyes, taking in the world and the feeling of the atmosphere. In her mind, she was seeing his face.

[Rem: Prepare yourselves, Sin Archbishops. Rem’s hero shall bring punishment upon you!]

Raising her morning star, the same instant the ice spears flew, Rem’s body shot forth.

As if in reply, Batenkaitos’ mouth stretched wide open, full of fangs.

[Ley: How wonderful!! —-Ah such PASSION! LET’S EAT!!]

Clash met clash, and in that instant she thought—

I wish when he realizes I am gone, it could cause a small ripple in his heart.

—This alone, was what Rem wished for in her final moment.
Link can be found here...https://translationchicken.com/2016/09/13/rezero-arc-3-interlude-ii-lets-eat-22/

How tragic that even in her final moments that the one person that went through her mind was Subaru...the boy she loved more than anything and that breaks my hearts. And the Author played it safe rather than give us the proper ending....the two faced prick.
From what I have heard the light novel or whatever has not ended yet? I mean I heard it was still on-going and that Subaru was trying to bring her back somehow. But otherwise I've already known that her existence was erased and that they cut this part out of the anime.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
They did not cut anything. They simply STOPPED before it happened.

Petrit Zeneli

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From what I have heard the light novel or whatever has not ended yet? I mean I heard it was still on-going and that Subaru was trying to bring her back somehow. But otherwise I've already known that her existence was erased and that they cut this part out of the anime.
It's the Web Nove by the way...and also! lWhy not have the episode or two showing the parts where Rem and Crusch are fighting Gluttony and Greed...for goodness sakes it could have been brilliant to have that part included, and leave a cliffhanger where Subaru commits multiple suicides...I mean it's better to have a BIG WTF ending which would have hyped the next season even more. Didn't the Writer/Artist not think that it's important to show the battle between Rem/Crusch and Gluttony and Greed...fuck sake Crusch looses her arm and memories, and Rem's very existence and NAME is forgotten...I feel cheated with that shit that we got in the Anime...that's not fucking fair to me or anyone who loves the show, that includes YOU TOO.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
They did not cut anything. They simply STOPPED before it happened.
Why stop it...why not show it? How fucking hard can it be? How....I'm NUMB and Angry inside knowing that we got cheated from a good story to follow an Idiots wishful Lust, to hook up with a Girl who has Low self esteem issues...and how dare they make Subaru use Rem's own words on Emilia when he confessed to her...I don't think anyone here understands how I feel about this....it's wrong to cheapen a story with garbage like that....the two faced prick.

Tias

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
It's the Web Nove by the way...and also! lWhy not have the episode or two showing the parts where Rem and Crusch are fighting Gluttony and Greed...for goodness sakes it could have been brilliant to have that part included, and leave a cliffhanger where Subaru commits multiple suicides...I mean it's better to have a BIG WTF ending which would have hyped the next season even more. Didn't the Writer/Artist not think that it's important to show the battle between Rem/Crusch and Gluttony and Greed...fuck sake Crusch looses her arm and memories, and Rem's very existence and NAME is forgotten...I feel cheated with that shit that we got in the Anime...that's not fucking fair to me or anyone who loves the show, that includes YOU TOO.

Why stop it...why not show it? How fucking hard can it be? How....I'm NUMB and Angry inside knowing that we got cheated from a good story to follow an Idiots wishful Lust, to hook up with a Girl who has Low self esteem issues...and how dare they make Subaru use Rem's own words on Emilia when he confessed to her...I don't think anyone here understands how I feel about this....it's wrong to cheapen a story with garbage like that....the two faced prick.
Well here is the thing. I heard that the animation studio or wasn't sure if they would make another season, dunno if it has to do with popularity or whatever, but because of that they chose the safe route. After so many deaths and so much trial and error it's also a "nice" change of pace that it ends on a happy note ( I'm gonna vomit, screw Emilia, long live Rem). Sort of like "come on, give the guy a break he's been through enough shit for the time being". If it kept being bad endings upon bad endings it would get stale. Besides from what I heard he commits suicide several times in hopes of fixing things once he finds out what has happened. If the anime continues I'm sure we'll get to see all of that, but even so, what I care the most about is that subaru ends up with Rem buuuut we know how this song always ends =I

YbKWzNEb

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

My 2 cents for White Fox deciding the safe route. (was also expecting the shitstorm)
1. Time constraint(27 something minutes instead of 50 like episode 1)
2. Rem is a cash cow after "Zero Kara". Almost all Rem merchandise are sold out after their announcement.
3. Animation studio is not sure for a 2nd season.

Edit: Illustrations update for Re:Zeropedia

Last edited:

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
My 2 cents for White Fox deciding the safe route. (was also expecting the shitstorm)
2. Rem is a cash cow after "Zero Kara". Almost all Rem merchandise are sold out after their announcement.

Thank you very much for the pic. :hurr
As for the second season, I think that we will get one in the near future considering the popularity this series got.
Maybe it's just my wishful thinking, but I'm pretty positive that it will happen! :D

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thank you very much for the pic. :hurr
As for the second season, I think that we will get one in the near future considering the popularity this series got.
Maybe it's just my wishful thinking, but I'm pretty positive that it will happen! :D
Well it's not as if Re: Zero got too much negativity, and since anime usually brings a lot of new readers into the source material, most people would give a second season the green light

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Well it's not as if Re: Zero got too much negativity, and since anime usually brings a lot of new readers into the source material, most people would give a second season the green light
In fact, I think they will, but the question is when?
It seems that 2 years of waiting is a given considering the actual state of the LN....

YbKWzNEb

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
In fact, I think they will, but the question is when?
It seems that 2 years of waiting is a given considering the actual state of the LN....
I also believe they will adapt a 2nd season considering they already have a VA and an appearance of frederica which is an arc 4 character.
Probably letting the amount of written material to catch up before green lighting the anime.

Amount of material
Arc 1 - Vol 1 - Episode 1-3
Arc 2 - Vol 2,3, - Episode 4-11
Arc 3 - Vol 4,5,6,7,8,9 - Episode 12-25
Arc 4 - Arc1 + Arc 2 + Arc 3 worth of material combined - 1 whole season
Arc 5 - Arc 3 worth of material - 12-13 episodes

Episode 11.

Edit: Speaking of Frederica, she will be receiving a prequel story according to this tweet

Last edited:

Petrit Zeneli

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
English? Translation chicken translated Interlude 2 "Let's Eat" up to Arc 4 Chapter 1
Interlude 1 "Moments in Dragon carriage" is in this link - https://zeroliveblog.wordpress.com/2016/09/18/rezero-vol-3-interlude-carriage-one-act/
update on illustration for volume 10. apparently it is supposedly its volume cover.

Well here is the thing. I heard that the animation studio or wasn't sure if they would make another season, dunno if it has to do with popularity or whatever, but because of that they chose the safe route. After so many deaths and so much trial and error it's also a "nice" change of pace that it ends on a happy note ( I'm gonna vomit, screw Emilia, long live Rem). Sort of like "come on, give the guy a break he's been through enough shit for the time being". If it kept being bad endings upon bad endings it would get stale. Besides from what I heard he commits suicide several times in hopes of fixing things once he finds out what has happened. If the anime continues I'm sure we'll get to see all of that, but even so, what I care the most about is that subaru ends up with Rem buuuut we know how this song always ends =I
So that's Satela huh...well I always thought that Emilia could be Satela's doppleganger or copy made by her without any memories, with only just a name and vague conjured memories...like a hollow replica or a memory made in Time. These events seem to be coming to a point and it could be all Satela's doings trying to fix a mistake she made in the past...You're probably wondering what that is? Well maybe Flugel fell for someone else in the past and it made her jealous, and history seems to be repeating itself now that Rem is in the picture...which is why she sent the Witches cult to eliminate Ram and Rem in the past, and they almost took out Ram and stole her horn...thing is why target someone in the past? Well Ram and Rem are very powerful Oni, which by working together they can be more powerful rather than if they were One...and if Subaru and Rem fall for each other and they were to be targeted...mainly Subaru...the twins would step in and take her and the Witches Cult out, and Ram almost did...had she had her Horn cut and stolen? Ram and Rem would have been a force that not even Satela could destroy on her own, which is why she gave Subaru the "Return by Death" so she can cheat the system...how did she do it? Well she made sure Lust got in Subaru's eyes and made him fall for her Replica/Time Remnant/Copy/Clone so his only goal is to save her, and she succeeded since Subaru's mind was only on Emilia at the time and forgot about Rem...Satela succeeded in her first part of the plan, which was to Eliminate all possible Love rivals for Subaru...Does everyone know that "Lust" is in this world right? What if Satela send Lust to where Subaru would meet Emilia, and have his eyes fixated on her and played with his heart so that...for all we know his feelings may not be of Love for Emilia but Lust.

One thing I'm going to tell them is "History Repeating Itself" I'll let them worry about that themselves...and...it seems to me that there's "Lust" in Subaru's(Flugel's) eyes...I wonder what that could mean? HaHa. Also what made Satela become the so called "Jealous Witch" and why is she Jealous and for what reason...if Subaru is Flugel and Time Travel is prominent in this story, does that mean that Subaru as Flugel fell in Love for someone else, and history is repeating itself...which is why Rem's existence and memories were removed from Time, but since Time Travel is a factor...Could Satela want to change the past so Subaru doesn't Love anyone else but her, and only her?

You know what would be an interesting kicker in this story is if Emilia, wants to keep Subaru for herself and for Subaru to Love no one but her, but since Subaru Loves Rem as much as Emilia, this would make her feel jealous. What if the world of RE:Zero in that world has different rules about Love and Marriage since everything is different, such as Fruits and Vegetables sound different, Time is calculated differently, What if Love works differently too? Such as one person cannot have multiple Love partners and that it's forbidden...think how Subaru would be if he realises that he can't Love both Emilia and Rem, and that polygamy/monogamy is punished in RE:Zero world...What would Subaru do? Would he have to give up Rem for Emilia and close his heart, knowing that he still Loves and Cares for her? Would Emilia forbid Subaru to have other relationships with other girls? This thought has been leaving me sleepless at nights sometimes! Could this lead to Emilia being a control freak?

Last edited:

YbKWzNEb

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Last edited:

Tias

Reaction score
Country
Denmark

I'm not surprised Rem ended up being much more liked than any of the other female characters. I mean okey she was in a lot of the story until Emilia was saved, but I think it's also due to your typical reasons.
- She's more interesting than the main "heroine"
- She's not a damsel in distress like Emilia aka useless as hell.
- Actively helped out whenever she could.
- Sacrificed herself countless times in order to help Subaru reach his goal.
- She's pretty much the ray of light that brought Subaru back from insanity and when she HAD the chance of accepting his offer of running away she rejected him, not because she doesn't love him but because she could see and KNEW he wasn't being himself.
- She's the "underdog love rival". How is she the underdog in this? She's not the main useless heroine so by default odds are against her and she will lose.

Thing is authors always establish the main love interest from the start and refuse to budge. I don't know what it is with Japan and these sort of love stories because it makes no sense. I mean why even have a love rival then? What is their point if their destiny is to lose regardless of what they do, how is it interesting? All it does, is give fans false hope and they buy said characters merchandise to show their support for said character, and that's practically what Rem has turned into, a cash cow. The author will dangle Rem x Subaru in front of fans but never make it canon. Man I feel depressed .__.