Reinhard Van Astrea Vs Gray Fullbuster | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Reinhard Van Astrea Vs Gray Fullbuster

Who wins?

• Reinhard Van Astrea

• Gray Fullbuster

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kantos

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Nah. Variety is good in different manga's but mashima has ruined his own creation by making like 3/4ths of his panels into fanservice even with serious situations. I guess I'll simplify it: gray's backstory/character could be done well but due to the way hiro writes things now-a-days, gray is doomed to not be taken seriously by those who can't stand cheap writing and idiotic fan service scenes (I can ignore fan service occasionally but hiro spams that shit constantly)
I agree, but that's mostly fanservice characters are usually generated from the female variety in this manga. From a hindsight perspective, if you look at the depth, and visual outlook of the scenes Gray is depicted in, relatively, he's easily been one of the best written and developed characters in this manga, and is one of the few characters Mashima has a done a good job in implementing with his increased depth along the way.

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
I agree, but that's mostly fanservice characters are usually generated from the female variety in this manga. From a hindsight perspective, if you look at the depth, and visual outlook of the scenes Gray is depicted in, relatively, he's easily been one of the best written and developed characters in this manga, and is one of the few characters Mashima has a done a good job in implementing with his increased depth along the way.
Thus gray is pretty much the most "interesting" of all the ft crew. All serious scenes with natsu usually get ruined with lucy panty flashes or nudity albeit often times shown at angles to prevent outright ******. My current gripe with gray was how seemingly he didn't even check juvia for a pulse and just ran off but for whatever reason. Whats-her-face sky girl found her alive (take note gray did think juvia was dead... so did he check for a pulse if he really thought she was dead?) And if so this is just another case of shit writing on hiro's part. Dude's too pussy to face backlash on killing off any of the ft cast and friendship and my little pony always saves the day
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Basically: I find it hard to take FT characters seriously due to mashima's deus ex machina writing

Kantos

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thus gray is pretty much the most "interesting" of all the ft crew. All serious scenes with natsu usually get ruined with lucy panty flashes or nudity albeit often times shown at angles to prevent outright ******. My current gripe with gray was how seemingly he didn't even check juvia for a pulse and just ran off but for whatever reason. Whats-her-face sky girl found her alive (take note gray did think juvia was dead... so did he check for a pulse if he really thought she was dead?) And if so this is just another case of shit writing on hiro's part. Dude's too pussy to face backlash on killing off any of the ft cast and friendship and my little pony always saves the day
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Basically: I find it hard to take FT characters seriously due to mashima's deus ex machina writing
Well Gray was emotionally out of it, so he wasn't exactly at a stable condition. He just assumed life would repeat over itself considering all of his other loved ones died because of all the burden that has been put on his shoulders at a very early age.

The pulse was probably at a very weak unstabilized rate, so he must not have felt it in time, and plus emotions took over to a point that he just wanted to destroy the cause of what happened to Juvia due to it. Had it been a different situation, Gray would definitely would've stayed back and checked properly at her pulse.

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Well Gray was emotionally out of it, so he wasn't exactly at a stable condition. He just assumed life would repeat over itself considering all of his other loved ones died. The pulse was probably at a very weak unstabilized rate, so he must not have felt it in time, and plus emotions took over and he just wanted to destroy the cause of what happened to Juvia.
You're giving more credibility to the scene than it actually has. You'd probably do a better job at story telling than he does. These guys are always fighting and while it never happens, death is "expected" with their dangerous powers so why didn't he try to save her... look for someone with healing powers instead of ditching juvia like a ragdoll or something. The pulse thing is kinda flimsy so I don't buy it

Kantos

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
You're giving more credibility to the scene than it actually has. You'd probably do a better job at story telling than he does. These guys are always fighting and while it never happens, death is "expected" with their dangerous powers so why didn't he try to save her... look for someone with healing powers instead of ditching juvia like a ragdoll or something. The pulse thing is kinda flimsy so I don't buy it
No lol. Fairy tail characters don't expect death, they expect these characters to be magically saved because of magic you know. I think you're just undermining how badly Gray was out of it emotionally to a point that he was unable to control himself and go after someone who did that to his potential wife. Considering he held her by her arms he must have overlooked whether she was still breathing from the weak pulse, and was aware that IL chain breaks when someone dies, so he took that into consideration.

That+ Emotional context+ Narrowed pulse is safe to say it made him put Juvia down and go after the foe.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Gray lost?
Well, I feel bad to the guy who nominated him...poor guy must be feeling all devastated right now :(

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Gray lost?
Well, I feel bad to the guy who nominated him...poor guy must be feeling all devastated right now :(
Lmao nice try dude xD

Reinhard has a good chance of losing to laxus or jellybean :(

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Ironically the one I considered the best ft husband material compared to gray or hibiki imo was not even nominated unfortunately : Gadjeel .... but well

glad reinhard made it against mister ice-boy, ! ^^

Kantos

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ironically the one I considered the best ft husband material compared to gray or hibiki imo was not even nominated unfortunately : Gadjeel .... but well

glad reinhard made it against mister ice-boy, ! ^^

Gajeel is crap compared to Gray and Hibiki though.

Gray stayed with his waifu for 6 months, and has sacrificed his whole life for Juvia>>>Gajeel feats.

Reinhard is going to lose against Laxus anyway. He might beat Jelly.

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Gajeel is crap compared to Gray and Hibiki though.

Gray stayed with his waifu for 6 months, and has sacrificed his whole life for Juvia>>>Gajeel feats.

Reinhard is going to lose against Laxus anyway. He might beat Jelly.
Now you're just fucking with us... right? Hibiki has hardly shown up, is a fodder character and doesn't have a real personality other than some cardboard cut out playboy like the other 2 stooge mates of his

Kantos

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Now you're just fucking with us... right? Hibiki has hardly shown up, is a fodder character and doesn't have a real personality other than some cardboard cut out playboy like the other 2 stooge mates of his
Bish plz. Hibiki is straight up husbando material.

Look at him. Swinging his waifu Jellal around with a smile.

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Gray was not that bad as husbando keeping in mind is a FT character, but I guess the alliance against the FT fandom was decisive.

At least gramps was avenged. :hip

Dlanor_A.Knox

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Yessss~!!! Reinhard you go honey! :confetti

Kantos

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Gray was never a serious husbando option? Dude lived with his waifu for 6 months as husband and wife, and pretty much indirectly confessed to her.

You for real? He has better feats than Neinhardo does.

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ladies and gentleman, here are the results of this battle:

#1 Reinhard van Astrea - 46 votes (+5)
#2 Gray Fullbuster - 27 votes (+5)

Status
Not open for further replies.