Reviewer Alliance HQ Thread | Page 14 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Reviewer Alliance HQ Thread

What series should we start reviewing next?

• Naruto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One Piece

• New Series (specify in post)

• Total voters

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
just to tell you,Captain Alpha, I've already talked with Mrlazsa at school,I told him about our projects,he told me he'd be glad to help,but of course the one who decides is you ;)

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
let me know how i can help with the DGM review, if there is a certain section you want me to summarize or give my input for

Delbi

Reaction score
Country
Joker
So any idea when the first joint Naruto review is going to be? Just kind of want a heads up so I can put some time aside to do what I need to do for it.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Alpha, Bene, Cez. The ABC of the Reviewer Alliance.

Puns aside, I updated the OP with the various teams. As you can see, I made bene the Naruto team leader. That's kinda temporary, right now. I just thought that the naruto guys would know and trust bene the most, so that's really the only logic right now.

That aside, I will PM everyone from the OP and tell them to go to this thread and subscribe. Once we have everyone done that, I believe we can actually begin to discuss the future of the RA.
Sure...I can be a team leader, never saw this post, sorry...

So...I'm not familiar if there's a new system or not, but is it still voluntary to join a project, or does the team leader pick the team members?

Welcome Delbi btw!:party...quite the pleasure to see you here

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Hello all, I am jdw. I frequent the Naruto section and will be participating in Naruto reviews.
ninjabot here, ready to give this reviewing thing a shot. It's my first time trying something like this, so bare with me. Naruto's my favorite manga, and alot of you guys should know me from said section.
Wow:vin...why didn't I check this page earlier? This will be interesting:teehee, but a great pleasure nonetheless...

Hi I'm benelori and I will be UR captain or something:p

---------- Post added at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:21 PM ----------

So any idea when the first joint Naruto review is going to be? Just kind of want a heads up so I can put some time aside to do what I need to do for it.
If the others are okay with it, then we could review this week's chapter...however it won't have to be right after it...so let's say we should be ready by Saturday...

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

I made the Naruto Joint review thread...that will be thread where we will work

Delbi

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Alright cool, so I guess when the chapter comes out we'll discuss it and divvy up who does what?

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Alright cool, so I guess when the chapter comes out we'll discuss it and divvy up who does what?
Yup...something like that...we will also decide on what to write in it....though I have the standard format I used in my reviews in mind, which of course can change...but I will detail that in the Naruto Joint review thread

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Yosh, let's get this started.

First of all, I welcome all our newcomers and comebackers (comebackers? :blink) to the Reviewer Alliance :party

I hope that you all will have a fun experience while working here and will find new friends ). Remember, that the main point of writing a review is having fun. That's why I want you to look at your fellow reviewers not only as coworkers, but as comrades. (yeah, great pun >_>).

Anyway, let's move from the congratulations to the actual business.

@ D.GM Team

With Cez as the team leader, I can be safe for the organizational aspect. The team's pretty much worked together, so I think we can directly switch to regular monthly reviews. However, I think that making one review a month is not very much.

What do you guys think of making some spin-off manga reviews, like volume/art/character reviews?

@ Bleach Team

We have some problems. Kinda. Right now, the team consists of three people, with Underscore participating only in one review every 4. In other words, he'll join the JR team once a month, the other three weeks, he'll write standalone reviews. That's why as the first task, I want the team captain mattia, to check out the Bleach section and look for possible new reviewers. I think 2-3 more people will suffice. Assuming that not everyone will accept, let's make it a 5 people list.

Let's say a 3 days deadline. PM me the results, once you're finished, mattia. :thumbs

@ Bakuman Team

My worries lie in the fact that the whole team consits of respectively newcomers. KD hasn't got much organizational experience ASAIK. My advice to you kevin. Be more active. Post in the thread, send reminder PMs, show everyone you're the boss. :hip

@ Fairy Tail Team

Worst. Situation. Ever. We're dead low on reviewers in that team. I'm still waiting for the reply of 2 possible FT reviewers, but we'll need other actions if they don't reply anytime soon. Frosty, same as mattia, PM me your thoughts on new possible FT reviewers.

@ Naruto Team

Soooooo... my newest expirement. :plot

First of all, just like you all did in this thread, it is required that you go to this thread and subscribe. Everything Naruto JR related, will be discussed in that thread. Everything else, in this one. However, regardless of the topic, you can always PM me or Cezgeth if you have any questions at all.

Likewise, I will explain you the basics of review writing in the Naruto JR Thread as well.

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Yes,sir. I already contacted Mrlazsa,who accepted. I wanted him to be my lieutenant in the Bleach team,but since fairy tale situation is the worst,he may be more useful there. Well,we will decide in 2 days ;)

Mrlazsa

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
hi everyone! mattia told about the possibility of being part of the bleach JR and i'd be glad to cooperate, also since i understand there are some problems with fairy tail i just want you to know that i could also work on that

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I can help with Fairy Tail as well, if there's a dire need...I'll check the thread for more info

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
just to know,do we really need Fairy Tale reviews? we already have to review some mangas,and since Fairy Tale isn't very followed (in this forum either),wouldn't that be a waste of time?

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
just to know,do we really need Fairy Tale reviews? we already have to review some mangas,and since Fairy Tale isn't very followed (in this forum either),wouldn't that be a waste of time?
I don't think it's a matter of how popular it is....if people like it and want to contribute, then why not?

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
First of all, the goal of the Reviewer Alliance (aside from increasing the popularity of reviews and reviewers) is to create reviews for every manga section. However, there is such a thing as priority in this matter so some series will get JRs sooner than others.

Our current series are a little mix of everything. Bakuman is not the most popular section, especially compared to the Big 3, but it's "my section", if you can call it that way. If it wouldn't be for me, Bakuman wouldn't see any JRs for a long time. The bleach JRs exist because I already worked with Underscore and I knew I could rely on him. D.GM is a monthly series, and I wanted to "experiment" a little. FT was the first real "expansion". I took popularity as the first measure instrument. Although other sections like HxH or OP were more active, I still went with FT because I felt more comfortable with this section. And naruto is naruto. I just wanted to have a team full of heavyweight OVER 9000 posts reviewers.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Here's a list of the current sections and the respective amount of pages in the various chapter discussion threads. The one's in green are series that are already in our arsenal, the one's in blue, which are most likely to be added next. As you see from this list, the most likely candidates are OP, HxH and sPOT. Claymore can wait a little, because Super Angilis is already doing reviews for that series. However, this isn't a final decision right now, only a rough draft.

Shounen

Naruto (40-50)
Bleach (10-15)
One Piece (20-25)
HxH (5-10)
AoN (2-3)
D.GM (5-10)
Toriko (2-3)
Claymore (5-10)
Reborn (3-5)
Fairy Tail (3-5)
Bakuman (3-5)
sPOT (5-10)
Air Gear (2-3)
Kenichi (3-5)
Beelzebub (2-3)

Seinen

Beserk (3-5)
Gantz (5-10)
Vinland Saga (2-3)
Liar Game (1-2)

Manwha/Manhua

Breaker NW (3-5)
Noblesse (1-2)
ToG (2-3)

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
If you actually want to do SPoT, the primary SPoT people on MH are Sai, Chaos, and I. We've drafted Darj, but she doesn't actually post (well, she got one post in last week...), and then we have some people, but um...I somehow doubt I could convince Sai or Chaos to do it, but there are always people like Jyten or Atobe around. Perhaps Fayte or Friss, or Darj...If you're interested, I'll get some people.

While I love SPoT, it's really not that popular at all. It only has that many posts because of all the crackpot theories. I do like my Shuuji theory though. :P

Last edited:

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I would be honored to review bleach.
uhm,I told you to make a small introduction post about yoursel :p ,by the way,I've chosen you and Mrlazsa to be the newcomers of the team I captain,that is the Bleach one, from now on you will work directly for me(no it's a joke ;) )and in our squad there are Saitospike and The Newbie,whereas The Underscore will coop with us just 1 week every 4.

Last edited:

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
uhm,I told you to make a small introduction post about yoursel :p ,by the way,I've chosen you and Mrlazsa to be the newcomers of the team I captain,that is the Bleach one, from now on you will work directly for me(no it's a joke ;) )and in our squad there are Saitospike and The Newbie,whereas The Underscore will coop with us just 1 week every 4.
Newbie isn't on the team anymore. As you remember, he had some troubles getting used to our format, so in the end we decided that he would leave.

Anyway, Lasza, danzou, welcome both to the Revier Alliance. :party

Mattia, you can open a Bleach 485 JR Thread. :thumbs

Last edited:

Quantized

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I like the idea of broader Reviews for D.gray-Man (Also other ideas here, but since my focus is D.Gray-Man atm).

So assuming we should not run out of fuel, we could for example do 2, maybe 3 a month? If doing too many, we would have long periods with low/none potential ideas to write about.

The mentioned ideas so far + more

- Art review
- Individual character review
- Team/Group/Oranization review from the story
- Plot review
- Arc review
- Mangaka interpretation (Learn more about the person behind the manga) {Not a Review, but interesting no less}
- Arc theme, symbolism, names & art review (Bleach for example, has a big theme in each arc, current old Germany).

Just brainstormin here.. anyone has more ideas for more potential ideas?
Also should we expand further than reviews? For example, once in a while talk about the mangaka? I'm sure many people could be interested in that, I would :3

Jyten

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
If you actually want to do SPoT, the primary SPoT people on MH are Sai, Chaos, and I. We've drafted Darj, but she doesn't actually post (well, she got one post in last week...), and then we have some people, but um...I somehow doubt I could convince Sai or Chaos to do it, but there are always people like Jyten or Atobe around. Perhaps Fayte or Friss, or Darj...If you're interested, I'll get some people.

While I love SPoT, it's really not that popular at all. It only has that many posts because of all the crackpot theories. I do like my Shuuji theory though. :P
Hey, I still talk to you guys about SPoT! ...just maybe not on MH...or often right now...not my fault! Freaking Konomi trollin!

Also, I can review FT every week or w/e it entails as I actually like FT right now. Freaking 7 years of sleep was really irritating though. Zi, frostymouse, whatever his name pulled me into it. I now blame him for everything. <3

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Hey, I still talk to you guys about SPoT! ...just maybe not on MH...or often right now...not my fault! Freaking Konomi trollin!

Also, I can review FT every week or w/e it entails as I actually like FT right now. Freaking 7 years of sleep was really irritating though. Zi, frostymouse, whatever his name pulled me into it. I now blame him for everything. <3
I mentioned you in that post...somewhere... :P

Yes, so I dragged Jyten into this, and he'll be starting for us for this week's FT chapter (275).