Reviewer Alliance HQ Thread | Page 15 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Reviewer Alliance HQ Thread

What series should we start reviewing next?

• Naruto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One Piece

• New Series (specify in post)

• Total voters

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania

The mentioned ideas so far + more

- Art review
- Individual character review
- Team/Group/Oranization review from the story
- Plot review
- Arc review
- Mangaka interpretation (Learn more about the person behind the manga) {Not a Review, but interesting no less}
- Arc theme, symbolism, names & art review (Bleach for example, has a big theme in each arc, current old Germany).

Just brainstormin here.. anyone has more ideas for more potential ideas?
Also should we expand further than reviews? For example, once in a while talk about the mangaka? I'm sure many people could be interested in that, I would :3
All these things are present as templates in this section...check the rules, info and template suggestion threads here in the proofing area or the main manga review section....threads are stuck so they should be visible enough...
Talk about the mangaka can be done as well...I suggest this section: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/917-Authors-Artists

Quantized

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
All these things are present as templates in this section...check the rules, info and template suggestion threads here in the proofing area or the main manga review section....threads are stuck so they should be visible enough...
Talk about the mangaka can be done as well...I suggest this section: http://mangahelpers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/917-Authors-Artists
Selective attention is a powerful thing :p
On a series note, did not see it no. Pretty sweet post you made there, will be sure to go through it in details :)

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Newbie isn't on the team anymore. As you remember, he had some troubles getting used to our format, so in the end we decided that he would leave.

Anyway, Lasza, danzou, welcome both to the Revier Alliance. :party

Mattia, you can open a Bleach 485 JR Thread. :thumbs
oh,so the Team is now made of me,Lazsa,Danzou,saitospike and sometimes The Underscore,right?
anyway,no need to be in a hurry,Bleach chapter didn't come out yesterday...

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
oh,so the Team is now made of me,Lazsa,Danzou,saitospike and sometimes The Underscore,right?
anyway,no need to be in a hurry,Bleach chapter didn't come out yesterday...
Yep.

You can always go to the OP of this thread to check the various teams.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

The JR threads are opened beforehand to discuss the various details, e.g. who is going to write what section. So, next time you log on, make a thread.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Well, since HxH is getting hiatus'ed again, it's safe to assume that the next series we'll add (in case nothing goes wrong >_>) will be OP and sPOT.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Not considering seinen series? Or maybe the new hit shounen Shingeki no Kyoujin? It would be awesome to have another monthly...

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Not considering seinen series? Or maybe the new hit shounen Shingeki no Kyoujin? It would be awesome to have another monthly...
Seinen, right. How could I have forgotten. :facepalm

I'm not sure that Shingeki has enough posters for a team of reviewers, though I'll have to re-check that.

Out of seinen only Gantz seems suitable now. I think we have enough shounen as of now, so actually Gantz seems more realistic than sPOT.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Btw bene, since you are a global mod, I think it would be interesting to create a review prefix. Not all the forums have their dedicate sub-forum for reviews (only the big 3 if i remember right), and it would be easier to find them if they had a prefix.

Edit : Well actually it does exist already... So I recommend that all those who create the review threads use it, it does not seem the case so far.

Last edited:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Btw bene, since you are a global mod, I think it would be interesting to create a review prefix. Not all the forums have their dedicate sub-forum for reviews (only the big 3 if i remember right), and it would be easier to find them if they had a prefix.

Edit : Well actually it does exist already... So I recommend that all those who create the review threads use it, it does not seem the case so far.
When we changed the VBulletin version we should've added the review prefix to all non-Big 3 manga boards...but please PM or post here if a forum doesn't have it

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
When we changed the VBulletin version we should've added the review prefix to all non-Big 3 manga boards...but please PM or post here if a forum doesn't have it
sPOT from shounen, plus all 4 seinen sub-sections need a review prefix.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
sPOT from shounen, plus all 4 seinen sub-sections need a review prefix.
Noted...they will get the prefix once reviews are posted...

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
a question Captain Alpha,will my team review bleach chapters although The underscore will review them by himself? I'm talking about the weeks The Underscore won't be with us,and will do the job on his own, will there be 2 reviews(ours and his)?

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
a question Captain Alpha,will my team review bleach chapters although The underscore will review them by himself? I'm talking about the weeks The Underscore won't be with us,and will do the job on his own, will there be 2 reviews(ours and his)?
Yes, that's the plan.

On a side note, stop calling me captain. It was a nice pun, for once. It doesn't work 24/7. ;)

I don't address bene as "global moderator benelori", either. Though I wonder how he would react to that. :3c

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Yes, that's the plan.

On a side note, stop calling me captain. It was a nice pun, for once. It doesn't work 24/7. ;)

I don't address bene as "global moderator benelori", either. Though I wonder how he would react to that. :3c
;).

Yet,I wonder how 2 reviews will work.hoping they won't "diminish" each other.I'd prefer to find out a solution to that...

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Yet,I wonder how 2 reviews will work.hoping they won't "diminish" each other.I'd prefer to find out a solution to that...

What do you mean by diminish? The more reviews, the better, no? :shifty

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
What do you mean by diminish? The more reviews, the better, no? :shifty
the opposite,imo. if there were 10 reviews,would it be better? reviews are long and need time to be read,a lot of reviews would make people avoid reading all of them. I hope you get what I mean,although I may be wrong.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
10 reviews is overkill, 2-3 reviews is perfectly normal. I don't see why one person should dominate one series all by himself. More reviews = More POVs.

It's the same as if only one person would post in the chapter discussion thread.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

On a sidenote, I am currently in the process of severly updating the OP. Should be finished in 2-3 days.

kdowns

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
You still can call me team leader kdowns :3c

I read sPOT and hxh if member are needed for those.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
You still can call me team leader kdowns :3c

I read sPOT and hxh if member are needed for those.
HxH is getting hiatus'ed again so there can't be any JRs in the first place. We might need a hand at sPOT in the future, though. :ninja

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Alpha,I see that some of the reviewers will send you their reviewed part. will we do the same thing to you? and if not...will I do the part of uploading the picture?

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Alpha,I see that some of the reviewers will send you their reviewed part. will we do the same thing to you? and if not...will I do the part of uploading the picture?
No need to send me anything. Everything should be posted in the respective JR thread. And usually, it's the captains job to do all the technical stuff, including uploading the panels.

---------- Post added March 20, 2012 at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was March 19, 2012 at 08:35 PM ----------

I gathered an OP team (check the OP *OMG, double pun*) and told them to move to this thread. That aside, I also told them that the one in charge are Cez and bene. That's because starting from now they are, in other words, it's them who decide what series to review next, what changes make to the format and what people to recruit/crop.

I'm gonna log off for *insert random two-digit number* of days, so meanwhile, those two will take over.

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

LOL, I never even asked if they wanna accept the job. Such a bad leader I am :3c