Shounen - Sakamoto Days by Suzuki Yuuto | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Sakamoto Days by Suzuki Yuuto

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Author : Suzuki Yuuto
Genre : Comedy, Action, Shonen
Magazine : Weekly Shonen Jump (Shueisha)

Synopsis :
Taro Sakamoto used to be an unrivaled hitman, earning legendary status in the underworld. But one day, the unthinkable happened. Sakamoto fell in love. He started dating, retired, got married, and had a kid, growing overweight as a result. Though now working as a humble convenience store owner, the world of hitmen still follows him. Sakamoto, along with Shin, an Esper and employee at his small store, will protect his humble life and family, or die trying. (Source : Wikipedia)​

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Good series. Of the series currently running in Jump, I'd say it's the best in terms of action.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I m really enjoying it, so far. It gives me some Gintama vibes. Love the humor and the setting too. :zomg
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Was on my phone yesterday, couldnt post some pics, but here are some moments slice-of-life-ishamong the ones I enjoy the most (from one of my fave chaps so far )

:teehee

that cute moment, the memeories of his daughter's birth :

a doting papa :arf

Royami

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've really loved this series so far. The mix of heart, comedy, and action goes together so well in this series so far and I love the main cast. I'd have to say Heisuke is my favorite character so far, his competence as a sniper combined with being a loveable idiot is so appealing to me. I love how they keep recruiting people to work in their store. I feel like this manga really shines in it's one off chapters, but I do feel like each arc has been an improvement over the last. Excied to keep following it.

Monox D. I-Fly

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I hope the old swordsman didn't die...

Wookitake

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The new girl for sure is related to Uziki/X/Slur. For suuuuure.. That was kind of expected since her introduction, actually.

Royami

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone else see the voiced comic? I thought it was pretty good, I can't really imagine Sakamoto sounding like that, but maybe I have unrealistic expectations.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gaku's robot doll reminds me of the GT-Robos from Toriko.

Really wish this got more discussion here. Lot of cool stuff happening.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's a quick way to get Shin up to specs physically. But I think that's just the surface level change. The gloves won't help if he still can't read his opponents mind, which is his issue against high level opponents, so I think the real goal is the simple fact of removing limiters from his brain, so he can likely push his psychic abilities further.

Midak

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
My current overall impression so far of Sakamoto Days is a bit mixed.

The best aspect comes from the action and more specifically to the battle choreography. Very well thought, clear and fun to read.

In terms of characters, the series has improved a lot since the beginning. Excluding Shin, who has become almost the protagonist in terms of exposure time, all the more interesting characters were introduced later on. Akira is definitely a step ahead compared to Lu who unfortunately has been relegated to a very minor role. The order members are funny and cool so far.

My biggest problem with the series is how the villains are managed which does not help to build an interesting overall plot.
The fact that the main villain group has to force young and reluctant people to join them does not them look menacing, but rather a bit in difficulty.
Moreover, we do not know enough about them to really "fear" them or understand them. I believe this is, so far, one of the weakest aspects of this manga.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I personally like how the villains are handled ATM. Gaku for example is very threatening.

What I find a bit wacky is how the assassin world itself is handled. I don't know sometimes it feels like it's something fantastic. I have asked myself if maybe it shouldn't have been about bounty hunters or maybe in a fictional world.

Aeneas

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I lost interest, unfortunately. The worldbuilding just wasn't doing much for me. Still has the best action in Jump at least.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I think it has potential but so far, I feel the author isn't handling the worldbuilding bit well. It's difficult to feel interested somehow

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So Database is the janitor's brain/nickname. I had a feeling there would be more to him once they revealed he was Amane's grandfather.

Sakamoto being the strongest student is no surprise but he being much stronger than Nagumo and Rion is.

Since Shin is good at counterattacks, Aikido would really fit him.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Damn, RIP Satoda-sensei. Right in front of Sakamoto and Akira too.

The fight became rather one-sided after their first moves.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Slim Sakamoto is back after all.

Last edited:

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Slim Sakamoto is back after all.
Definitely been a minute since we've seen him in action. I guess fighting an Order Level assassin is what it takes to get him to burn enough calories to get back to that mode. Makes sense. Trade-off for being stronger in Fat Mode is that he needs to work extra hard to get to his peak form again.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Amane's memory is as good as his grandpa?

Not everyone is at the same level and we don't know if Shin really defeated him with that punch but it seemed too easy.

Royami

Reaction score
Country
United States
So... how do you guys feel about Satoda Sensei's death

I feel like this is a pretty big development for the series since no one we know has really died yet... but I guess I kind of wish it was handled better? She has such a cool setup as a character that I feel that Suzuki should have done more with her. I wish she had given Kanaguri more of a fight. Idk her dying to protect her students is a great concept I just feel like it happened too quickly or something

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So... how do you guys feel about Satoda Sensei's death

I feel like this is a pretty big development for the series since no one we know has really died yet... but I guess I kind of wish it was handled better? She has such a cool setup as a character that I feel that Suzuki should have done more with her. I wish she had given Kanaguri more of a fight. Idk her dying to protect her students is a great concept I just feel like it happened too quickly or something
Was surprised but something like this had to happen eventually. At least it'll motivate Akira to get better.