Shounen - Sakamoto Days by Suzuki Yuuto | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Sakamoto Days by Suzuki Yuuto

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It doesn't make sense for Nagumo to say that he is his best opponent though. Maybe among the new generation.
I think it makes sense if his only point of comparison is a younger Sakamoto and Akao. That leaves the statement with just enough leeway to big up Gaku, while also keeping Sakamoto, Akao, and Nagumo's hype in tact.

We don't know who Nagumo has fought over the years, but it's possible that no one was able to give him a challenge like Sakamoto and Akao did back in the day. And since all three just got stronger from that point, things likely remained that way outside of a few potential stand outs. And after Akao went missing, they probably never fought one antoher again as they developed towards their Prime selves.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think it makes sense if his only point of comparison is a younger Sakamoto and Akao. That leaves the statement with just enough leeway to big up Gaku, while also keeping Sakamoto, Akao, and Nagumo's hype in tact.

We don't know who Nagumo has fought over the years, but it's possible that no one was able to give him a challenge like Sakamoto and Akao did back in the day. And since all three just got stronger from that point, things likely remained that way outside of a few potential stand outs. And after Akao went missing, they probably never fought one antoher again as they developed towards their Prime selves.
Maybe, but it's hard for me to imagine that Nagumo didn't fight the current Order members at least once. Maybe he was talking about potential too.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Maybe, but it's hard for me to imagine that Nagumo didn't fight the current Order members at least once. Maybe he was talking about potential too.
I don't know. The Order are super professional and treat their job, well, like a job, lol. I don't think they would really have internal fights like that as they are basically co-workers.

Gaku is pretty much an anomaly. Even Sakamoto acknowledges his strength and he was the vanguard for Slur for the longest. I just think he's supposed to be that strong.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Looks like Uzuki always planned to use Muto as the bomb. Unless there is still another bomb in play.

Lots of build up for a rather obvious twist. Makes me think there's a twist within a twist coming. We may find out who Nagumo is truly working for soon.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Nagumo confirmed Top 2 in the Order, not surprising.

Nagumo being disguised as Gaku was obvious, I am more surprised that both Sakamoto and Slur got fooled. I expected the opposite.

The chairman seems to be a decent combatant?

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Finally, Shin's time to shine. Hagumo had grown on me as of late, so I'm glad he's his opponent. Kumanomi apparently has a secret brocon side it seems. At least, she's particularly protective of him.

Uzuki walks away from getting his heart stabbed. There is more to him than meets the eye. I wonder if it'll simply be revealed that his organs basically flipped or if there is something more to it.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't think Kumanomi's affection for Gaku was hidden :XD.

Shin gets a fight at last but when Haruma was preparing his attack I honestly thought Sakamoto was going to one shot him :D.

Teaming up with Shishiba should be good for Shin, unlike the other Order members he isn't a lunatic.

Last edited:

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn Shin, as soon as Sakamoto exits the room, you lose some competence.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Shishiba had to see how bad Shin is to realize Osaragi's skills... How strong is Amane supposed to be, I guess around Mafuyu's level?

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
How strong is Amane supposed to be, I guess around Mafuyu's level?
It's kind of hard to gauge as he never got a real chance to show off, but he should be stronger than Mafuyu. He's the top student in the JCC currently and has shown some decent feats. He got the drop on Club Jam to cut off his arm and both Sakamoto and Shin praised his physical abilities, though they were holding back.

If Carolina Reaper is comparable to his brother, Amane should be fine in taking him on while Shin and Shishiba take on the Al Kamar survivors.

Shin's confidence really is the only thing holding him back. Hagumo seems impressed by his durability. Makes sense as we know he's strong enough to obliterate most people with his physicality.

I do wonder how it's all going to come together though. He's been forcing his ESP since the exams, he learned some techniques from Satoda-Sensei that he's barely used, he has his power gloves, he's been slowly growing more accustomed to fighting Sakamoto, and, now, he's growing more comfortable with not relying on ESP. He's been gaining tools, but just hasn't made use of all of them.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's good to see Shin fight without ESP, but as he said there are no rules when it comes to killing. Haruma is strong but because of his obsession with sports his moves can be read when his opponent plays the game. That's not really a good thing. I wonder if he'll stop caring at some point.

The first pages of the last chapter... Haruma is self-aware. Still curious to see if he'll end up breaking his rules.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Shin Supremacy Baybee!

I would've preferred a physical power up, but I guess this works.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
An evolution of Shin's power huh... I wonder if it's simple communication or if he'll be able to control people like that.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Didn't think we'd go the "tie" route. Shin still has a lot of growing to to, but he did good for now. Haruma is a great character and I wonder what his role will be from this point on. Given that he's served a purpose, I wonder if his days are numbered.

Shishiba swapped one kid for another, lol. This should be a decent fight. I don't know if Shishiba will make it out of here though. Carolina Reaper seems to be a bit tougher than his brother. I actually wonder if Club Jam was a bit nerfed for plot purposes.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Shin is so naive, sparing a killer like that...

I was indifferent to Shishiba before, but he grew on me so much. His lines about school to Amane killed me :lmao.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
A turn of events I wasn't expecting.

Asaki killed Rion and it was just glossed over. He's not dead and still Uzuki's goal, so we'll be getting back to him later I assume.

Rion is indeed just an alternate personality for Uzuki. A bit odd since it seems like he inherited her sight as well, but I guess it wasn't really specified that her ability came from her biological eyes. It seems the identtity is at odds with it's goal as well. She was created to keep him safe, but she also wants him dead. If the memory thing is true, then that may mean that there is more than two identities, both with clashing goals. The baseline Uzuki may be caught between wanting revenge and wanting to die to keep from doing harm and the other two identities are working towards those wants.

Old Man Takamura is back and I have no idea what chaos he's going to call.

Very excited to see what happens next.

I thought the days of a manga chapter getting my heart pumping was long gone. This chapter proved me wrong.

Gaku

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
This arc has been nothing short of amazing but still bothers me how Shin was able to inflict so much damage to Haruma, hes supposed to be one of the top fighters on Slurr gang and was done by a simple attack by someone who isnt even the strength type.

Another thing is how wasted Carolina reaper was, finally does something after almost two years and gets done in a couple chapters, truly a shame given his cool design and gimmick.

The arrival of Takamura was unexpected but damm if it isnt another flashy entrance, wonder how will it go against Sakamoto since it looks like to much for him to handle.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Nagumo is not an Order member anymore? Is he going to join the shop?(Probably not). Anyway, he is getting too sentimental, didn't expect that from him. Especially since he is from a spy family.

Memories of Akao or not, it's still just a persona. They should kill Slur.

Takamura's arrival is cool but I want to see Osaragi VS Kumanomi more now :D.

This arc has been nothing short of amazing but still bothers me how Shin was able to inflict so much damage to Haruma, hes supposed to be one of the top fighters on Slurr gang and was done by a simple attack by someone who isnt even the strength type.

Another thing is how wasted Carolina reaper was, finally does something after almost two years and gets done in a couple chapters, truly a shame given his cool design and gimmick.

The arrival of Takamura was unexpected but damm if it isnt another flashy entrance, wonder how will it go against Sakamoto since it looks like to much for him to handle.
Haruma's obsession with sports is a big weakness which can be exploited. I personally didn't find him very impressive.

Sword-Saint

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wonder if Slur itself is a split personality?

Also wondering if Rion!Uzuki can use the paths technique

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
As Demonspeed already mentioned, Haruma's adherence to his sportsmanship was the main cause of his downfall. As for Shin's final hit, the upper limits of the power gloves have never really been explored, so he had some leeway there in terms of strength. Add that to the fact that he popped Haruma in the jaw and, most likely, rattled his brain, it's not too unbelievable. He seemingly pushed it to the limit since he couldn't even move after taking his shot.

I wonder if Slur itself is a split personality?
This is what I'm thinking as well.

I personally didn't find him very impressive.
Blasphemy.