Shounen - Sakamoto Days by Suzuki Yuuto | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Sakamoto Days by Suzuki Yuuto

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Never thought much about this, but maybe Akira's ability is similar to Shin? If not, they might have used her corpse for experiments and managed to reproduce it.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I neeeed to catch up Asaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap !

Happy to see that that there are more and more readers ! It's currently one of the best's jump manga.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
No answers but at least we got this:

:lmao

Maybe Mr Deer will be useful to learn stuff, maybe not.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm assuming their journey back to Japan is going to be delayed through shenanigans, otherwise this trip will feel a bit short. That would also give Slur's Gang the time to wreck havoc across the country and set up the Big Hero Returns moment for Sakamoto and Shin. Oh, and the other kid as well.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

A nice light transition. Kinda necessary after everything that happened in Thailand.

Strong Hana was certainly a surprise, but then again, she is Sakatmoto's daughter.

Kashima has been low-key since the Lab arc, but he's always been a fun character in his brief bits and this was a good chapter for him.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So Kashima has been converted by Hana. but he still wants to save Slur. Considering their history I am surprised Sakamoto agreed to "save" him so easily.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Still needto catch up, but i'm happy to share this tweet about the manga, some recognition doesnt hurt <3 !

This is pretty much how @HereNThere sold me on this series :XD . I posted that Nakaba was the best at fighting choreography among the authors I know and he told me to read Sakamoto Days.

I am not sure I would say that Yuuto is better but they are definitely comparable.

It's also funny that both are named Suzuki :D.

A museum with all kinds of weapons huh. Considering what we have seen already, there should be a lot of crazy stuff.

Three Order members are being targeted right now? The sniper is either extremely skilled or plain stupid. I hadn't thought about this before but maybe Heisuke will grow strong enough to join Order? Kinda strange to see him interacting with all of them here.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

The Order using Heisuke as hostage surprised me but it's true that they and Sakamoto aren't exactly a team.

Despite what Shishiba said, all of them have shown that they care about stuff like this, besides Takamura(lack of screen time) and Osaragi (but she is cute! :XD) I liked the short discussion between Sakamoto and Nagumo.

They have an interesting new member :lmao.

I can't see why the Order would want to stop Sakamoto from going to the exhibition. Assassin or not he isn't a threat to them. So Kamihate must hate Sakamoto for some reason.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Kamihate is probably not a girl, too easy after an ending like that. I bet it's a cyborg or something.

Gaku nii-san :XD.

Looks like this arc will have pretty much everyone?

The one that Shin wants must be Seba.

Kaji came back to get injured again. Mafuyu and Nao must be the ones carrying the bomb. All the members of Team Sakamoto are by themselves already.

I still find the way the assassin world is highlighted odd but it can't be helped at this point I guess.

That theory of Shin is too simple. The bomb's radius isn't that big and all the Order members don't have to be with the boss. Osaragi was already seen wandering alone. If Sakamoto calls Nagumo it can easily be thwarted too.

Now that the deer isn't with X his controller is probably useless as well.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
That theory of Shin is too simple. The bomb's radius isn't that big and all the Order members don't have to be with the boss. Osaragi was already seen wandering alone. If Sakamoto calls Nagumo it can easily be thwarted too.

Now that the deer isn't with X his controller is probably useless as well.
To be fair to Shin, he did dismiss the idea earlier on and note that the main bomb as still somewhere else. Still even if he circled back to the incorrect conclusion, I think Shin's picking up on smaller pieces of a larger plan. Even if they aren't near the main guy, Mafuyu and Toramaru's bomb may be necessary to trigger the larger bomb. At least, assuming the larger bomb isn't a metaphorical bomb.

Kashima confirmed that the bomb could be triggered from their deaths, so they are still in play even without his controller.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
X confirming this plan, but it still seems way too simple. There has to be a twist.

Shin didn't look great in this chapter... Osaragi is the worse Order member they could have met.

The way the chairman has been characterized, his death wouldn't exactly be a big loss.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Shin needs a glow up badly as his Telepathy always fails against Order level individuals. At least his reflexes were good enough to allow Mafuyu to keep his foot.

Didn't expect a Kaiju-esque fight scene, but I thought it was pretty brilliant.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What now Mafuyu? :lmao

I wonder what was going through X's head. Feeding him lies like that.

And yes Shin isn't very impressive. Osaragi was more reasonable than I expected.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess I need to make peace with the fact that I'm a Shin stan because I'm getting mighty antsy for him to do something of note.

Shin power up incoming.

Wondering how Sakamoto and Toramaru are going to deal. I imagine we're going to see Sakamoto deal with the bomb in an unorthodox manner while dealing with the the JAA.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't understand why Sakamoto can't just call the Order members? The final pages were great but the way the story is unfolding not so much.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't understand why Sakamoto can't just call the Order members? The final pages were great but the way the story is unfolding not so much.
The Order pretty much drew a hard line for Sakamoto's crew after Thailand. They threatened to kill them if they involved themselves in the search for Uzuki again.

Nagumo also implied that they're fine with the threat of the bombs as long as it meant Uzuki showed himself afterwards.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The Order pretty much drew a hard line for Sakamoto's crew after Thailand. They threatened to kill them if they involved themselves in the search for Uzuki again.

Nagumo also implied that they're fine with the threat of the bombs as long as it meant Uzuki showed himself afterwards.
I guess it makes sense in-universe but my biggest problem with this is that the Order hasn't been portrayed as edgy enough to do that.

It's very hard for me to imagine the Order seriously trying to kill Sakamoto and his crew.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I guess it makes sense in-universe but my biggest problem with this is that the Order hasn't been portrayed as edgy enough to do that.

It's very hard for me to imagine the Order seriously trying to kill Sakamoto and his crew.
While I agree this particular plot point is weak for reasons I'll get into in a bit, I can very much imagine The Order following through on their threats.

Despite their seemingly amiable and quirky personalities, we know for a fact that the lot of them can, will, and have killed people at the drop of a hat. They don't need to be overtly edgy because the series established early on that they are killers at their core and developed their character around that idea. Which brings me to why this conflict between Sakamoto and Order doesn't work.

Which bring me to my main point. The Order's sudden annoyance at Sakamoto's doesn't really make sense as the series hasn't shown them hampering The Order's goals in anyway. They have basically been working parallel to one another with barely any crossover until Thailand. Even then, their being there did not interfere with Hyo's operation. Heisuke blames himself, but we know that Slur's gang had already pegged Hyo's arrival and he was going to be ambushed regardless. Had Sakamoto not went to Thailand, The Order would've ended up vacating their location anyhow as, even if Hyo didn't die, the fight would've brought attention to them. So the Order had no real reason to feel the way they currently do about Sakamoto.

As I mentioned, The Order are killers at their core. On the flip side, Sakamoto is someone who has basically erased that aspect of himself. They have an idealogical difference. They both want Uzuki, but one side wants Uzuki dead and the other side will keep him alive. That's a simple enough conflict of interest despite their amiable relationship. Instead of them just suddenly feeling like Sakamoto and his group have become pest, they can just be aware that Sakamoto's presence means that there is a 100% chance that he will interfere when they try to kill Uzuki and want him to stay away for that reason alone.

TL;DR: Instead of the vague reasoning of "annoyance" that we got, The Order should be in conflict with Sakamoto over the fact that he's no longer killer and could interfere with their job of assassinating of Uzuki.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Sakamoto is without a doubt, the coolest fighter!! :nod

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So uh, yeah, nothing much to say except that shit has officially hit the fan.

Also, Shin's abilities stopped working. That's an interesting twist.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Things are finally getting interesting.

Gaku VS Nagumo? It's not going to end well for the former...

Gaku wanted to fight Takamura... :sweatdrop

Unsurprisingly, he is no match for Nagumo.

Great chapter. I loved the part with Gaku going gamer mode IRL.

It doesn't make sense for Nagumo to say that he is his best opponent though. Maybe among the new generation.

The Gaku at the end is obviously Nagumo.