Shounen - Sakamoto Days by Suzuki Yuuto | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Sakamoto Days by Suzuki Yuuto

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So, what happened at the end? Did Kindaka try to save Uzuki, knowing what was happening? Or was he trying to kill him? I guess the former makes more sense because he could have taken the antidote to save himself first.
No idea myself, but the former would make the most sense for the reason you stated. Uzuki was already dooming himself along with Kindaka and would've died either way. No reason for Kindaka to land the killing blow himself at that point.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hmm, the chapter was a bit off.

Kindaka was supposedly dead on the scene, but they kept his body on life support of three days? Only for Nagumo to, once again, state that he is dead?

Also, this chapter reveals that Hyo should've known about Uzuki, despite him mentioning that he didn't know who he was after Uzuki revealed himself to be alive to Sakamoto. While Yostumura gave Uzuki the benefit of the doubt in Kindaka's murder, Uzuki was still a suspect so The Order should've done the bare minimum of research on him. At least he should've been committed to memory.

Other than those issues, the chapter was fine. Uzuki and Rion clearly came into some sort of understanding as it looks like she was only killed recently. No way Uzuki murdered her and just lugged her pristine body around for a whole year. Either she's dead or Rion is pulling a Yotsumura and playing dead to have more freedom in doing whatever work she's doing.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah, I was confused seeing the state of her corpse. This arc was great but the pacing of the two last chapters was too fast.

Last edited:

Royami

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel like this arc plodded along then we got a sudden time jump and the face off between Sakamoto and Slur in 2 chapters? It was a bit strange.

I think in general I liked this arc, everything between Slur and Akao was actually really interesting. But Sakamoto felt so uninvolved in everything, I found it a bit strange, especially when it this arc was supposed to give us more context for his beef with Slur. All I really got is that Sakamoto himself doesn't even really seem to understand what went down in the past, which is a bit underwhelming. Also I think I would have liked more resolution with Konomi and her mom, a decent chunk of the arc is spent on protecting them/getting them to safety. Honestly even a page or two for them would have been nice.

I will say though that I'm honestly really interested in Uzuki/Slur now, and his line "I'm tired" really resonnated with me. I'm excited to see him in Bangkok and get some more context behind what went on with him and Akao in that year she was missing.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I feel like this arc plodded along then we got a sudden time jump and the face off between Sakamoto and Slur in 2 chapters? It was a bit strange.

I think in general I liked this arc, everything between Slur and Akao was actually really interesting. But Sakamoto felt so uninvolved in everything, I found it a bit strange, especially when it this arc was supposed to give us more context for his beef with Slur. All I really got is that Sakamoto himself doesn't even really seem to understand what went down in the past, which is a bit underwhelming. Also I think I would have liked more resolution with Konomi and her mom, a decent chunk of the arc is spent on protecting them/getting them to safety. Honestly even a page or two for them would have been nice.

I will say though that I'm honestly really interested in Uzuki/Slur now, and his line "I'm tired" really resonnated with me. I'm excited to see him in Bangkok and get some more context behind what went on with him and Akao in that year she was missing.
I think the skipped part might be more revealing regarding Sakamoto and Uzuki's relationship. Since it ended this way Shin will probably know, but we'll have to wait for another flashback at a critical moment.

Hyo and Heisuke meet just like that? :amuse

New arc in Thailand and new members of the orphanage came to help Slur.

I don't know what to think about Rion possibly being alive? What reason would she have to hide and put a bounty on Sakamoto like that?

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I did not expect Kumanomi to just obliterate someone like that. She's definitely being presented as on another level. Thinking about it now, the Order must see some crazy potential within Mafuyu and Toramaru if they feel they would be beneficial to the crew they've already attained.

And yeah, I don't know why Rion would put a bounty on Sakamoto like that. Not only that, but she did it in a rather blatant and obvious manner, like she wanted to bring attention to herself. According to Nagumo, it possible to fake an account, so she didn't need to use her real account to do it.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
How did she crush him like that? <_>

Hyo will obviously lose, especially with the sudden reveal that he is the weakest but I hope it won't be too one-sided at least? Would be sad to see a member of Order get wrecked.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hyo will obviously lose, especially with the sudden reveal that he is the weakest but I hope it won't be too one-sided at least? Would be sad to see a member of Order get wrecked.
I don't think the take away was that he was the weakest, just that he didn't have the natural talent the other members of the Order do. He had to Rock Lee his way into the gang, which I'd say is pretty impressive in this world.

I also think the chapter is implying he has a single aspect he's good at, but like Heisuke, he dominates in that field.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't think the take away was that he was the weakest, just that he didn't have the natural talent the other members of the Order do. He had to Rock Lee his way into the gang, which I'd say is pretty impressive in this world.

I also think the chapter is implying he has a single aspect he's good at, but like Heisuke, he dominates in that field.
For some reason I have never thought much about the rankings among the Order members.

Takamura and Nagumo are obviously Top 2 so I guess he is 3rd at best? And stronger than the rookie Osaragi. Brute force is probably is main strength.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
For some reason I have never thought much about the rankings among the Order members.

Takamura and Nagumo are obviously Top 2 so I guess he is 3rd at best? And stronger than the rookie Osaragi. Brute force is probably is main strength.
Yeah, aside from those two, I don't think there is a real hierarchy of strength. At least, not one that can be seen between Shishiba, Osaragi, and Hyo. Or even Yotsumura and Kanaguri if you add them. They all seem to hang around the same level given what we've seen of their feats.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Hyo isn't completely outclassed. That's good! I hope Heisuke will leave without a second thought.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm, Hyo was incapacitated by an MRI machine earlier in the series, implying some sort of metal implants or cybernetics, so Kumanomi should be a bad match for him as well. However, she hasn't moved him directly like she did Kashima, so I'm not sure if that's still in play.

Gaku

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Wasnt that due to the thing Sakamoto throw at him?

Some of those things for the IV packs or something.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wasnt that due to the thing Sakamoto throw at him?

Some of those things for the IV packs or something.
I guess so, looking back. I wouldn't think the IV stands would be strong enough to both withstand the force applied by the MRI and keep Hyo, a nigh superhuman, in place, but I guess they are extra strong in this world, lol. Plus he carried it away when he really didn't need to. Between his chin strap (which apparently isn't metal) and that misinterpretation of the scene, I thought he was cybernetically enchanced.

This chapter was pretty good. Hyo doesn't have the mentality of an assassin, which is his weakness. He was always shown to be nice, but I didn't think his character would be like this, given his position. I'd say his ascension into an order member is even more impressive with that outlook. Also, yeah, it looks like his main gimmick is "punch good" and he's probably the best at it.

Really curious about what was going on with the Al Kamar Orphanage and the JAA. Slur's group has a crazy amount of insight.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Of course, Heisuke appears. Hyo isn't suited to be an assassin but the way it ended was weird. He gave up to easily? Was he unable to move or is it because of his weak mindset? I guess it's the latter.

When I saw the title I thought Kumanomi would retreat.

Nice teamwork between Hyo and Heisuke. I like how the latter told her to shut up too.

Lutv

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
RIP Hyo, I never thought the chapter to end like this.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So the JAA was indeed bringing up the Al-Kamar orphans to be the ulitmate assassins. I thought that may have been the case, but was kind of hoping it'd be a bit deeper than that, which, to be fair, there still may be more to it. While potentially simplistic, it does make plenty of sense if the party who called for the JAA coup was the mastermind behind this idea. Once they take over the JAA, they would have then had completely loyal Order members to enforce their new regime.

Kumanomi's words also seem to imply that all of the orphans may have legit powers beyond the standard super human feats we've already seen. More along the lines of Shin's "supernatural" abilities than just being crazy skilled and physically strong. So Uzuki and Gaku may have way more up their sleeves than they've already shown. That may give a bit more meaning to small moment where Uzuki and Kashima looked at Gaku expectantly when he asked who would take out Takamura. He doesn't think he can do it, but they may think he's best suited to do so.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Whoa, Hyo died just like that. That's one Order member down.

I never thought too much about the Al-Kamar orphanage. The "artificially create Order members' line does make me think that they wanted people with superhuman abilities or even artificial humans. It's still a rather weird line, it's not like the members were born that good or anything.

Akira, Sakamoto, possibly Gaku in this arc too. This will be a great one :gar .
--- Double Post Merged, ---

If the rest of the Order comes as well it'll be insane...

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
If the rest of the Order comes as well it'll be insane...
I think they'll stay in Japan. Either way, an insane fight is about to start with most of Slur's Group heading that way. Japan is about to be a complete battleground and I'm not going to lie, I'm not liking the Order's chances.

Shin and the rest of the next gen assassins need to get on the level quick because they'll really need to pull their weight to back the Order up.

Well then, I can honestly say I didn't see that twist coming.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What the hell is this? It's more than copy it looks like Slur absorbed Rion's personality and her memories.

Or what, are we supposed to believe it's a disguise? :confused

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The change in the artstyle of Uzuki's eyes may imply that he somehow gained her dynamic vision as well. What in the world happened at that Orphanage to give him that kind of ability?