Shounen - Sakamoto Days by Suzuki Yuuto | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Sakamoto Days by Suzuki Yuuto

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Also, Slur never joined Order, right?
It hasn't been confirmed, but it's a possibility. He knows a decent amount about The Order and how they operate and refers to Takamura respectfully as if he were his senior at one point in time, the same way Nagumo referred to Yostumura.

Anywho, another week, another awesome chapter. Looks like the author is making it a bit vague as to who is actually the most skilled among the three troublemakers at that point in time.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So Sakamoto wasn't the strongest back then? Looks like Nagumo was the strongest.

These poll results are surprising? Shin first? Sakamoto fifth? The Order members are more popular than I expected overall. Glad to see Gaku in the Top 10! :nod

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So Sakamoto wasn't the strongest back then? Looks like Nagumo was the strongest.
I think it's supposed to be vague and the intent was to highlight their special abilities. At a glance, Rion seems to be the strongest and most capable of the bunch, keeping up with Kindaka from the jump, with him praising her as putting up the best performance. Then you have Sakamoto, who Kindaka seems to have underestimated initially due to his lackluster performance, but eventually forced him to use his full speed after he began to adapt to him. Uzuki demonstrated a lack of presence and analytical ability that took Kindaka off guard.

Then we have Nagumo, who Kindaka implied was holding back and who chose to sit the fight out. The only thing we have to go off of was the kick he gave Kindaka, so that may imply that he's more of a physical monster than what's been shown, but I'm not sure.

These poll results are surprising? Shin first? Sakamoto fifth? The Order members are more popular than I expected overall. Glad to see Gaku in the Top 10! :nod
This was honestly the best poll in recent memory. I love how crazy and surprising it was.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think it's supposed to be vague and the intent was to highlight their special abilities. At a glance, Rion seems to be the strongest and most capable of the bunch, keeping up with Kindaka from the jump, with him praising her as putting up the best performance. Then you have Sakamoto, who Kindaka seems to have underestimated initially due to his lackluster performance, but eventually forced him to use his full speed after he began to adapt to him. Uzuki demonstrated a lack of presence and analytical ability that took Kindaka off guard.

Then we have Nagumo, who Kindaka implied was holding back and who chose to sit the fight out. The only thing we have to go off of was the kick he gave Kindaka, so that may imply that he's more of a physical monster than what's been shown, but I'm not sure.

This was honestly the best poll in recent memory. I love how crazy and surprising it was.

The fact that Satoda said that Sakamoto was the strongest by far in a previous chapter is something I haven't forgotten and found surprising but yes they should be close to each others. Still, with what the examiner said about Rion relying too much on her sight I got the impression that Nagumo was considered the strongest of the three by him. Because it's a weakness which can be easily exploited.

The poll results were very surprising indeed. I don't know how popular characters are and I am not particularly fond of Shi so seeing him 1st and so far ahead of Sakamoto was something. I expected the latter to be first.

If I had to rank my favorite characters it would be: Gaku > Akira then Sakamoto and Nagumo either could be 3rd or 4th.

Royami

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting post from twitter that translated the authors comments of the popularity poll-- It said:
" - About Akira he said "In fact, Akira had already decided to fall into the darkness when she first appeared"
- He thought Sakamoto would be lower than 5th and Takamura would be 1st"

Suzuki's comment that Akira was already willing to fall into darkness is kind of interesting to me if true. I mean, her seeking out her aunt and being aware she's an assasin do kind of indicate that she's willing to follow her down that path, but it also kind of just feels like something she's doing to find Rion, not that she likes being an assasin all that much. I guess I'm just wondering if it's an accurate translation though, I feel like it would make more sense if he was saying he had already planned Akira's fall into darkness since the beginning regardless of her popularity but idk.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah, she doesn't have the personality. Just the talent.

It's probably about her resolve to find Rion.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm surprised the author expected Sakamoto to rank lower. In regards to the Akira statement, it does feel like a translation issue, although, at the same time, her joining to the JAA to find out about Rion does kind of imply that she's willing to do whatever as it is an organization for assassins and she would be expected to kill at some point.

This new chapter addressed my nitpick from a couple weeks ago. The mission is indeed a test, but it is also an execution should they have failed, as others apparently did. While Satoda believed in their success, the school had already written them off as dead. I had assumed that Satoda had more of a say than she actually did.

I assume Takamura is one of the four Order members, which means we have one unknown member running around. I wonder if it is another former troublemaker. Otherwise, The Order kind of has the crap end of the deal, while the school just gets to keep sending them students to clean up.

The twist is funny, but also unexpected. Wonder what the deal between these two is and how it plays into the future.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Is it me or the two girls look like Sakamoto's wife? The balloon looked like Fat Sakamoto too.

All these little interactions between Rio and Uzuki... :twitch

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
All these little interactions between Rio and Uzuki... :twitch
Yeah, I'm really wondering what we're leading to. Feels like there is an attempt at adding some chemistry between the two.

And if we take Uzuki's apparent views that the JAA is corrupt into consideration and Nagumo's seeming suspicions towards Rion's death, that situation may have been much more complicated than Sakamoto was aware. He did seem rather single minded in his younger days and might not have seen the full picture.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Sakamoto's done some crazy things in this series, but that feat with the grenade was ridiculous. I need him to chill.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Did Sakamoto become fat because it made his daughter laugh I wonder?

The trio is so strong. It's hard to imagine a single assassin good enough to defeat them.

These three are just too strong. I am curious to see how Nagumo's art of disguise will be explained. It honestly seems supernatural.

Royami

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Some more good action this week. Sakamoto going through the flipping car was amazing.
I'm guessing we are done with these guys for now? But they still have 100 kilometers to go before reaching the airport, so I'm guessing they're going to meet some more dangerous enemies.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Did I miss something, is this still a flashback?

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Did I miss something, is this still a flashback?
Still in the flashback, yes.

This was a mellow chapter, but a lot of information was dropped. Confirmation of everyone's specialties and how they stack up to one another, Uzuki and Akao development, Nagumo's backstory, and Uzuki's reasoning for getting involved.

It looks like these three were more heavily involved in the coup situation than I expected.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Man, what is Suzuki doing teasing that Uzuki x Rion ship...

Rion the best at using conventional weapons, Sakamoto the best at weaponize anything and Nagumo is skilled at everything?

If Nagumo has a spy background then surely he must have noticed something about Uzuki? Or is his naivety going to cost him here...

Sakamoto always finds a way :D.

Considering his personality I don't know why Uzuki's brother chose him for this mission.

Rion probably heard the discussion but is hiding it.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Considering his personality I don't know why Uzuki's brother chose him for this mission.

Rion probably heard the discussion but is hiding it.
He may be the only choice available with the skills to pull it off. He seems to be really good at hiding his intent, killing or otherwise, so he can infiltrate this group without them being none the wiser.

If this identity disassociation trait of his pans out, I'm assuming Kei's second personality will be based on his brother's, assuming he's "dead". And if that's the case, then that may add another layer to Slur's group.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The good deeds guy didn't last long :XD.

The poison from his partner works under certain conditions. I guess it's physical ability? He found Rion's speed convenient.

He may be the only choice available with the skills to pull it off. He seems to be really good at hiding his intent, killing or otherwise, so he can infiltrate this group without them being none the wiser.

If this identity disassociation trait of his pans out, I'm assuming Kei's second personality will be based on his brother's, assuming he's "dead". And if that's the case, then that may add another layer to Slur's group.
And in this chapter, the Order guy noticed something is wrong.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The good deeds guy didn't last long :XD.

The poison from his partner works under certain conditions. I guess it's physical ability? He found Rion's speed convenient.

And in this chapter, the Order guy noticed something is wrong.
Karma guy got it pretty bad too. Crushed by a car.

I don't think it's just physical ability, as Kindaka is fine and he has pretty good specs too. I think his theory on it being heart rate makes sense for the moment. Those who are quick to rush in get affected the most. Or maybe it gets stronger in reaction to body heat, so the more active you are, the more potent it becomes.

Yeah, it's not surprising The whole scope of his mission was something he didn't want to do in the first place, to the point he wanted to drop out. Now, while he doesn't have to kill innocents, he has to kill Kindaka under the threat of Gaku dying. The stakes have been raised on his end on short notice. It's no wonder he's letting his visage slip.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Is Rion supposed to die in this flashback? I don't remember.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is Rion supposed to die in this flashback? I don't remember.
Seems likely. Sakamoto is explaining his past with Uzuki and, presumably, the reason he tried to kill him. Rion is probably said reason.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So, what happened at the end? Did Kindaka try to save Uzuki, knowing what was happening? Or was he trying to kill him? I guess the former makes more sense because he could have taken the antidote to save himself first.