Chapter - Shingeki no Kyojin 139 FINALE Chapter Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Shingeki no Kyojin 139 FINALE Chapter Discussion

What do you think about the ending (you may change your vote later)?

• Total voters

Equaling Heaven

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I always enjoyed your insights on SnK. You always analyzed really well, looking forward to seeing that in other places.
Ah sheesh, you sure you talking about me? Hahaha I kid. Thanks for the appreciation, I try my best to express how I feel about the things I like.

Segul

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
If zeke were still alive then i’d say i’d miss this series but nah. Maybe ill get to see more of him in an eventual sequel to the aot highschool anime

Kyuchan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Very interesting, i wonder if these leaks are legit.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
How I want that to br true.

Heero Yuy

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Very interesting, i wonder if these leaks are legit.
It's fake, someone in one of my many discords pointed out that panel is photoshopped of kid Eren from when Eren and Zeke were looking at Grisha's memories and the long haired Eren is actual Zeke's body with Eren's head edited on to it

Shad

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Leaks look legit.

I'm actually happy that isayama will try to have a final chapter that focuses a lot on answering some of the pending questions.

The was my main concern until now

Heero Yuy

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Leaks look legit.

I'm actually happy that isayama will try to have a final chapter that focuses a lot on answering some of the pending questions.

The was my main concern until now
It's not lmao, if there was legit leaks, it would be posted everywhere, the two subreddits for AoT would be freaking out, the main subreddit and titanfolk reddit which none of em have leak threads posted.

Shad

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
It's not lmao, if there was legit leaks, it would be posted everywhere, the two subreddits for AoT would be freaking out, the main subreddit and titanfolk reddit which none of em have leak threads posted.
The text describing the chapter is also not legit?

Heero Yuy

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The text describing the chapter is also not legit?
None of the leaks that are coming out are legit, lmao.
Like literally here's one of the screenshots someone sent me.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also, if I recall Isayama said the ending is bittersweet and none of these supposedly leaks really scream bittersweet.
Legit some of em sound like fanfictions lol.

shipleyy

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys. I haven’t been that active on the forum for a few years now. I have been just really busy with work, and it sucks to not have been able to post during all of these amazing chapters that I’ve come out over this time. But I just want to say that reading this mango with all of you guys has been a blast. I’ve been following SnK for about 4 1/2 years maybe five years now, and the community in this manga is just absolutely incredible. I have been a hard-core fan from the get-go and it is incredible to see so many other like-minded people who really enjoy this story as much as I do maybe some even more. This is the only place that I’ve ever been able to read or talk about ideas with people and so I just wanna say thank you guys for everything over the last several years because it really does mean a lot to me to have a place to talk about my favorite stories. I can’t believe that we are finally at the ending of this adventure, but it is also some thing that I’ve been excited for. I would be lying if I wasn’t eager to see how this all plays out and how Isayama ends this journey for all of us. There have been so many different aspects of the story that just drew me in more and more. From the politics to the war to the behind the scenes schematics to the science to the biology, all of it has been cultivated to submerge us in this cruel world that he’s created. And it’s a beautiful one. I don’t know exactly how many of the leaks are true, but ultimately, I think that I will be satisfied with basically any ending that we are given. I think that the story has been written extremely well and everything that has been put in here has been deliberately and with a sense of purpose that drove the story to its next plot point. There have been so many different incredible characters that we’ve met along the way and their development was never anything short of shallow. The story itself has unfolded in so many different areas that no one could’ve ever really predicted the way that it was going and that is something you don’t see too often. I’m always going to love, re-read and talk about this manga and thank you again guys because it’s people like you who otherwise I wouldn’t have an amazing community to talk to about this story.

requiem46

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I still hope Eren is not the father
I'm pretty neutral on the father topic. I think it'll be Eren's, but on a 70/30 scenario:

- On one hand, I don't think Eren and Historia have really had much development as a potential romantic couple. They were definitely important to each other, but she's the queen and he's a titan shifter damned to die in a few years after commiting mass genocide as per his future memories, which doesn't leave much room for romance in the first place. The only way in which I could see him being the father is if on learning that he's going to do a genocide to protect her and Paradis (and die while at it), Historia realizes she really cared about him. Right then she realizes that she would like to at least have him be the father of her child / spend one night together before he leaves and they don't ever meet again.

- On the other hand, Historia has been blatantly cast aside during the second half of the story and for some people it's almost as if Eren being the father makes her retroactively relevant, and this is BS. Whoever is the father is no excuse to the disgrace they've done to her character arc in the first place.

Historia definitely asked Eren to have a baby (i.e: "would you get laid with me?" in an ambiguous enough Japanese line), but Eren could have rejected the proposal because he was going to die in the near future and/or he doesn't want the baby to be known as the Genocidal guy's offspring. Historia still went and had the baby because she had decided to have one regardless, and Farmer would have been willing to do it (the MP story about his background is probably true, so he was definitely trying to atone for his past misdeeds to her). Farmer has been shown to care for Historia, and we know he's on a first name basis with her, so although we haven't seen the development of that relationship, there could have been one.

The baby itself is clearly symbolic of a future for Paradis. If Eren is the father, you get extra bonus points of parallels for Grisha-Dina but the baby is not used as a tool but free. If Farmer is the father, you get different kind of bonus points referencing the Kenny-Uri conversation about miracles and people throwing stones surpassing that and reconciling with their victims.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I'm pretty neutral on the father topic. I think it'll be Eren's, but on a 70/30 scenario:

- On one hand, I don't think Eren and Historia have really had much development as a potential romantic couple. They were definitely important to each other, but she's the queen and he's a titan shifter damned to die in a few years after commiting mass genocide as per his future memories, which doesn't leave much room for romance in the first place. The only way in which I could see him being the father is if on learning that he's going to do a genocide to protect her and Paradis (and die while at it), Historia realizes she really cared about him. Right then she realizes that she would like to at least have him be the father of her child / spend one night together before he leaves and they don't ever meet again.

- On the other hand, Historia has been blatantly cast aside during the second half of the story and for some people it's almost as if Eren being the father makes her retroactively relevant, and this is BS. Whoever is the father is no excuse to the disgrace they've done to her character arc in the first place.

Historia definitely asked Eren to have a baby (i.e: "would you get laid with me?" in an ambiguous enough Japanese line), but Eren could have rejected the proposal because he was going to die in the near future and/or he doesn't want the baby to be known as the Genocidal guy's offspring. Historia still went and had the baby because she had decided to have one regardless, and Farmer would have been willing to do it (the MP story about his background is probably true, so he was definitely trying to atone for his past misdeeds to her). Farmer has been shown to care for Historia, and we know he's on a first name basis with her, so although we haven't seen the development of that relationship, there could have been one.

The baby itself is clearly symbolic of a future for Paradis. If Eren is the father, you get extra bonus points of parallels for Grisha-Dina but the baby is not used as a tool but free. If Farmer is the father, you get different kind of bonus points referencing the Kenny-Uri conversation about miracles and people throwing stones surpassing that and reconciling with their victims.
I don't see what else could have been done with historia though. With her role as queen it's not like she could be in the front lines. Add to that the importance of her baby to the country's security in general, which meant she could barely take on diplomatic missions... I suppose she could have appeared more in decision making though her appearing sporadically to make random contributions that would have been made irrelevant thanks to eren simply taking over the country is not really doing her much justice either.

FatKitty

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I made this account here just to talk about Attack on Titan. I started reading it in 2013. I haven't really commented the last couple of years but I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone here. I am not a big manga fan, with Attack on Titan being the only one that I have ever read. I don't really see myself using this account ever again.

So to everybody here- Goodbye, and it was an honor serving with you!

Lord Traffy Law

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm an interesting chapter
The answer not really given but I like it

Jedidiyah

Reaction score
Country
United States
I made this account here just to talk about Attack on Titan. I started reading it in 2013. I haven't really commented the last couple of years but I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone here. I am not a big manga fan, with Attack on Titan being the only one that I have ever read. I don't really see myself using this account ever again.

So to everybody here- Goodbye, and it was an honor serving with you!
I also joined just to discuss SnK. It really helped with understanding and appreciating many pieces that I would have missed otherwise, reliving the good parts, and just generally enhancing the experience. So I want to thank everyone too. Now that it is about to end it is very bittersweet, and I do not really want to leave. If you have reading suggestions I'd appreciate it. I did not read much manga, but I liked those with complex storylines that do not shy away from the darker side of life and take moral issues seriously, like Death Note and Promised Neverland. But SnK was unique in its depth and impact, torn chacters, and the risks Isayama was willing to take by upsetting expectations and conventions.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Gotta say, the real leaks look completely unremarkable. Still not happy that eren turned into hitler times 1000.

Shad

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I also joined just to discuss SnK. It really helped with understanding and appreciating many pieces that I would have missed otherwise, reliving the good parts, and just generally enhancing the experience. So I want to thank everyone too. Now that it is about to end it is very bittersweet, and I do not really want to leave. If you have reading suggestions I'd appreciate it. I did not read much manga, but I liked those with complex storylines that do not shy away from the darker side of life and take moral issues seriously, like Death Note and Promised Neverland. But SnK was unique in its depth and impact, torn chacters, and the risks Isayama was willing to take by upsetting expectations and conventions.
Legend of the galactic heroes (original), if you can get passed the old graphics it super worth it.