Chapter - Shingeki no Kyojin 139 FINALE Chapter Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Shingeki no Kyojin 139 FINALE Chapter Discussion

What do you think about the ending (you may change your vote later)?

• Total voters

kenedyfake

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
it seems to me a shitty end, sorry for the rudeness ... if the author has balls, Snk could have stayed in history.
this summary is very bad. I hope it's fake. I'm denying myself the reality

KagamiKuroko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Assuming these leaks are true, i can't help but think kodansha interfered and stop yams from giving the ending he wanted

Mintastic

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Panama
Wow, if these leaks are true, then.... holy jolly that was nowhere what I expected. Truthfully I'm a tad disappointed, but it is what it is.

Shad

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
My 2 cents.

I don't think we ever were happy with spoilers ever, it is always better to wait until official release. :yoda

Kyuchan

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
On the one hand i'm satifisfied with this ending, however there are still too many questions to answer (about Historia for example, and i hope we'll get an explanation). On the other hand, i thought it'd be waaaay more tragic, but it is what it is.

hunterxyamani

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
another manga where the ending is bad -_-' naruto and bleach and seven deadly sins and now this pfff why japenese mangas always screw up in the end...

Lil meen

Reaction score
Country
United States
another manga where the ending is bad -_-' naruto and bleach and seven deadly sins and now this pfff why japenese mangas always screw up in the end...
The long running shonen manga curse.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

This ending is underwhelming but honestly not to the point of destroying the series tbh. This is still one of the greatest manga of all time and come in the history books as a legendary series. Just hope the anime improves on this ending.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'll pretend they held back Isayama if this is the ending.

requiem46

Reaction score
Country
Spain
The leaks look pretty incomplete. No mentions of Ymir or the parasite, so there's probably something else there.

I think we might have been trolled hard with the infamous final panel. The damn thing creates rants over the father's identity and in the end is not even used lol

Lil meen

Reaction score
Country
United States
For me it is not even the fact that it is a happy ending. Honestly, I would take a bittersweet ending over an (edgy everyone dies) ending. My thing is that it feels super forced and incredibly shonen, which yes it is a shonen but not a Fairy Tail type shonen. I moreso wish the fake leaks were real tbh. Welp guess we need to cope to fan fiction then or see if the anime improves the ending at all. Also I really hope a spin off (probably from a different author) can adapt the great titan war. That would definitely make for an awesome long running spin off. If that does happen it will probably be in bessatsu but it may end up in WSM.

Jedidiyah

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It isn't just manga, people consistently have this sentiment with works that unfold over a period of time (think Lost, or Game of Thrones for a recent example). There is time for everyone to read their own pet backstories into it, create head canons, explore the possibilities and then, as it winds down, feel sorry for it all to go away. It's like a Rorschach blot, everyone can love it because each fills it with their own. Or the way politicians talk in vaguest jargon, the art of being all things to all people. But an ending puts an end to it. I think people overlook that all things to all people can only go so far, and underestimate how hard it is to craft an ending to a complex and controversial story, especially when the plotline gets rethought and painted over multiple times over 10 years. We'll see in this thread how "better endings" are supposed to go in unrelated or diametrically opposite directions, according to different people.

Lil meen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys despite your opinions please respect the author. I have seen a ton of disrespect towards the author and this happens with literally every manga (demon slayer, domestic girlfriend, neverland). I personally don’t think it is that deep to write off the entire story, all of that incredible complexity, pacing, foreshadowing, and world building. I would honestly put the ending in the demon slayer (mediocre) catagory of shonen endings. Even if your opinion is different and it ruins your 11 year experience, the author has put his heart, soul, and effort in this work and you shouldn’t beat him up or call him names because of a last minute screw up. The author are people to and you don’t know how it will affect his’ mental health. Just wanted to put this out there, haven’t seen disrespect here but a lot in general.

sean_cam

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys despite your opinions please respect the author. I have seen a ton of disrespect towards the author and this happens with literally every manga (demon slayer, domestic girlfriend, neverland). I personally don’t think it is that deep to write off the entire story, all of that incredible complexity, pacing, foreshadowing, and world building. I would honestly put the ending in the demon slayer (mediocre) catagory of shonen endings. Even if your opinion is different and it ruins your 11 year experience, the author has put his heart, soul, and effort in this work and you shouldn’t beat him up or call him names because of a last minute screw up. The author are people to and you don’t know how it will affect his’ mental health. Just wanted to put this out there, haven’t seen disrespect here but a lot in general.
I'll be happy with the ending as long as Isayama is. ❤

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Interesting concept, with body horror, ultra-violence, teen angst, and poor/absent character development, and kind of falls apart when the first act's POV characters are introduced to the wider world. You know, like The Hunger Games. Or Gantz.

And no, fantasy stories aren't cursed to have shitty endings. Naruto was actually decent. Fullmetal Alchemist was a masterpiece. But let's also recognize that SnK hooked everyone not for its amazing writing but for the body horror, ultra-violence, and teen angst. We *want* SnK to be some sort of masterpiece of fiction because its story took on epic themes: world wars, genocide, racism, the spiral of hatred, etc. The 2nd act never really did justice to those themes because, well, that wasn't the author's forte. He was great at the whole "humanity in a bird cage surrounded by human-shaped giant monster cannibals" thing, but that's not what the second act was about.

Lil meen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting concept, with body horror, ultra-violence, teen angst, and poor/absent character development, and kind of falls apart when the first act's POV characters are introduced to the wider world. You know, like The Hunger Games. Or Gantz.

And no, fantasy stories aren't cursed to have shitty endings. Naruto was actually decent. Fullmetal Alchemist was a masterpiece. But let's also recognize that SnK hooked everyone not for its amazing writing but for the body horror, ultra-violence, and teen angst. We *want* SnK to be some sort of masterpiece of fiction because its story took on epic themes: world wars, genocide, racism, the spiral of hatred, etc. The 2nd act never really did justice to those themes because, well, that wasn't the author's forte. He was great at the whole "humanity in a bird cage surrounded by human-shaped giant monster cannibals" thing, but that's not what the second act was about.
I completely disagree. I would say that the story doesn’t become a masterpiece until season 3 part 2 and the series progressively got better and better every season. I will be honest and say yes when I was younger the ultra edginess and epic battle scenes is what got me into this. Without context of season 4 season 1 biggest appeal was the action, animation, and music. Me like everyone expected it to never go pass the “ultra edgy shonen” catagory.

Why season 4 was so huge is not only because of it’s unexpected turn but how well the turn was handled and the foreshadowing of that turn. A turn that makes you look at the series from a edgy battle manga to a political war manga. Heck, even going back to the first half of season 2 there were some complaining about the emphasis on dialogue and politics of the AOT universe as the core audience wasn’t used to that pacing, they were expecting moreso latter half season 2. The change of attack on titan is really what sold the show back into the mainstream, why the franchise wasn’t this hype up since 2013-2014 because lets be real the hype was dying down a bit after season 2.

pamuchi

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
>Farmer being the father
In other news, water is wet. Also, I'll wait for the chapter to drop and give my impressions.

Hesham

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
Why i think that armin is the actual father of historia's kid. Can we talk more about the owl Eren kruger? I wish to find some answers about him in the last chapter he is truly the most mysteries man in the whole sotry