Discussion - Shingeki no Kyojin: Before the Fall | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Shingeki no Kyojin: Before the Fall

ufnovaes

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I know what you guys mean, but honestly I don't think that any "shifters" are featured in this story. I know this happens/happened a long time ago and probably doesn't have a direct impact in the current story, but from what I recall Eren was the first known "person who can turn into a titan". Had something of the sort happened before SnK, I think it would be known by now.
Don't forget about memory wiping!

Not gonna start a theory because I can't read the raws... Just look at the pictures... but almost every titan so far doesn't just eat people, most kill and sometimes doesn't even eat... what is very unusual

Last edited:

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Unfortunately we can't know yet whether those titan behaviour inconsistencies are just a spin-off discrepancy or if they're more than that. I found it interesting that guns were in widespread use. (Also the MP officer that arrests Kyukuro in chapter 10 had a strangely modern look to her in general.) Perhaps guns were allowed for a while before they were confiscated (and people's memories of them were accordingly wiped).

I've finally caught up on the English chapters. I'll try reading ahead a bit in Japanese (which is much easier in context than it is when you're just looking at summaries and isolated images).

Last edited:

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Cover and first chapter of vol.6: http://kc.kodansha.co.jp/product?isbn=9784063765649 (click on the white square in the center-left), vol.7 should be come out on december (when the hell does this spin-off end?! I find it so underwhelming compared to the main story...)

Nigga Titan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
From what I've seen it looks like a shifter.
Let it be known, Eren was the first shifter that was DISCOVERED by the people in the walls.

ufnovaes

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Thank God someone is translating it again! But I can't shake off the feeling that every other titan here is too smart to be regular one.
Check out the one on chapter 13 throwing titans, c'mon!

What about Dario Inocencio and Tha titan below:

Last edited:

DrFabulous0

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So is Naraka the warriors' homeland?

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Where was this Naraka mentioned?

DrFabulous0

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In Chapter 11 when they are awaiting exile, Cardina tells Kuklo about Naraka, being a town that is rumoured to exist outside the walls. The two plan to try and find it once they are exiled outside wall Maria, of course they never make it.

Last edited:

vanihba2000

Reaction score
Country
India
Naraka means hell in sanskrit/hindi...and it's pronounced "nuh-rk" when you read in the sanskrit script. I'm wondering why they gave it a sanskrit name :P.

And it was presumed to be in the north direction. While the warriors attacked from the south....

Last edited:

DrFabulous0

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
And it was presumed to be in the north direction. While the warriors attacked from the south....
That's a guess but fair assumption given that "The titans come from the South." and therefore humans would logically build their town to the North, the idea of a titan settlement doesn't occur to Cardina. Alternatively it could be a different town (Ymir's people?) or just and urban myth. It would be cool if it turned out to relate to the main snk storyline in some way.