Semifinal - Son Hak vs. Marian Cross | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Son Hak vs. Marian Cross

Who wins?

• Son Hak

• Marian Cross

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Hmm... even though I know who I want to vote for.... I want to know some things.

I said these questions in the other match. But I want to do the same for these two husbandos... just to clarify things for me.

What is their relationship with their family/friends?

And

What is their established relationship that is not their waifu (say like a close friend that they didn't want to lose or with a parent that they really love)?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
dame ! do you want me to spoil you :arf ?
Which

The scene where Allen met Marian when Nea took over his body and met the Earl?

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Hmm... even though I know who I want to vote for.... I want to know some things.

I said these questions in the other match. But I want to do the same for these two husbandos... just to clarify things for me.

And

What is their established relationship that is not their waifu (say like a close friend that they didn't want to lose or with a parent that they really love)?

Your answers are all in 2nd post of the thread and all previous posts for Marian ♥. As for Hak Farf did a great detailed campaign (see op post) exposing all Hak relationships with the one he loves. Again i think theres a huge difference in being in love and showing his love to someone and being husbando material, which require s some capability and maturity, i dont say Hak has not those, but Marian is well more experienced as a family man and with women generally speaking. Feelings alone are not enough. Check back my previous posts for this point. I dont deny though that Hak sounds to be a great choice, Again Farf did an incredibly great campaign, you ll find all your answers if you reread what she wrote. Unfortunately for me, Marian is quite unpopular due to the way the anime portrayed him and also due to Dgm more than 2 yr hiatus and the new quarterly release rythme, and DGM being not exactly as much popular (people generally knows only the anime especially the 1st one that was aired more than 10 years ago) than Akatsuki which suddenly became extremely well received and prolly one of the most popular shojo since the anime's airing.

Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Lemme see how to answer those without spoiling:
Hak is adopted and his relationship with his real parents is unknown. He was very young when he got adopted though, so he might as well not know his parents. So he has an adopted father, the former leader of the Wind Tribe, and a younger brother, also adopted. He gets along well with his father, but also pester him, in a father-son playful way. He has no problem in openly mentioning he's adopted though. He's protective of his little brother, which also has a frail health, and sustain respect for his father, which goes both ways. Mun-deok, the adoptive father, seems to nurture a lot of confidence in Hak's integrity. Hak is also very liked in the Wind Tribe, by his fellows.
He has 2 childhood friends: Yona and Su-Won. People are alrdy aware about his relationship with Yona, and about Su-Won... He has a troubled relationship with him, but I can't go into details without spoiling the first chapter.
He becomes friends with other people along the story. It's worth mentioning Yoon, Kija, Shin-Ah, Jae-Ha and Zeno. Again, Hak is aloof, sassy and blunt, so he's often provocative with them, with pranks and darings. He trusts his friends though, and hold them as companions in whose hands he confides what he holds of more valuable.

Erh... That one was basically answered in the first part? XD
Let's see, he admires King Il, Yona's father, and bases a lot of decisions and actions on King Il's view, since he trusts it and believes that the king was far more than what he displayed.
He also has that kind of relationship with Mun-deok where words are unecessary when it comes about knowing what the other one really is. It's a bond that wasn't granted but built, they simply grew to know what each other are made and capable of and then take each other's back based on it. To the point that if he has to pick between aiding Yona or postponing it to save his own tribe, he's aware of when and how he has to intervene to assure his people's safety. That's very endearing to me. I wish I knew my folks that well.
So yeah, aside from his SO, he has, at least, a whole Tribe he deeply cares about and lives for.

Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Your answers are all in 2nd post of the thread and all previous posts for Marian ♥. As for Hak Farf did a great detailed campaign (see op post) exposing all Hak relationships with the one he loves. Again i think theres a huge difference in being in love and showing his love to someone and being husbando material, which require s some capability and maturity, i dont say Hak has not those, but Marian is well more experienced as a family man and with women generally speaking. Feelings alone are not enough. Check back my previous posts for this point. I dont deny though that Hak sounds to be a great choice, Again Farf did an incredibly great campaign, you ll find all your answers if you reread what she wrote. Unfortunately for me, Marian is quite unpopular due to the way the anime portrayed him and also due to Dgm more than 2 yr hiatus and the new quarterly release rythme, and DGM being not exactly as much popular (people generally knows only the anime especially the 1st one that was aired more than 10 years ago) than Akatsuki which suddenly became extremely well received and prolly one of the most popular shojo since the anime's airing.
Yeah but imagine that... for someone you've been calling "teenie", that is 18~19 in reality, to hold and commit to that amount of responsability, as a leader of a tribe and general of a nation (not to mention the survival of the kingdom's princess), that alrdy says a lot about his maturity. It's a trait that beats and transcends time, that someone older maybe would build over a much longer horizon. If you add it to perspective: notion and quality of decisions over age, I dare to say he'd beat Marian as well.
I won't revisit the "women experience" point again^^" From own experience I can say that means nothing, specially 'cause I live a contrast in my relationship, and that never had any weight. On the contrary, I would never be able to settle down with doubts over loyalty, which is far more important than how he would treat me as a "female" at first ('cause people learn, you know? Character is way more relevant in that sense, meeting my needs can be built) and how that would reflect on our family overall. I value respect and commitment over that said experience.

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Yeah but imagine that... for someone you've been calling "teenie", that is 18~19 in reality, to hold and commit to that amount of responsability, as a leader of a tribe and general of a nation (not to mention the survival of the kingdom's princess), that alrdy says a lot about his maturity. It's a trait that beats and transcend time, that someone older maybe would build over a much longer horizon. If you add it to perspective: notion and quality of decisions over age, I dare to say he'd beat Marian as well.
I won't revisit the "women experience" point again^^" From own experience I can say that means nothing, specially 'cause I live a contrast in my relationship, and that never had any weight. On the contrary, I would never be able to settle down with doubts over loyalty, which is far more important than how would he treat me as a "female" at first ('cause people learn, you know? Character is way more relevant in that sense, meeting my needs can be built) and how that would reflect on our family overall. I value respect and commitment over that said experience.
"teenie" word was a joke, but what i meant when mentionning his age is that generally speaking men are less responsible and capable than women when they re that young, and usually 18/19 years for a guy is too young to handle responibilities, thats for most of cases, but that s not at all an absolute truth, my brother get maried in his early twenties he was still a student and i was like shocked when i knew he was going to get married, but he ends up being incredibly mature and an adorable husbando. I dont think though Hak is close to Marian regarding maturity and handling responsibilities.

Again Marian is not an unloyal guy, as i said ealier the only thing we know about him regarding women is what Hoshino said :" “Cross likes good women, and expensive wine and dislikes dirty bastards” theres nothing about him being unfaithful or so. "good women" she said, not beautifu or young ones, she insisted on him liking being with a good & nice person. Marian is definitely not the cheating kind of guy as i said earlier, so far he's only shown being gallant and having a soft spot for women. he’s not commited in some relationships in any kind. I think people are wrong about marian bc of the fillers added in the anime, sadly. If he was the unfaithful type, do you think i would have nominated him ? I do think he s the kind of guy to commit 200% to a person he loves, as he did when he adopted Allen, and thats makes him a great Husbando material.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Again Marian is not an unloyal guy, as i said ealier the only thing we know about him regarding women is what Hoshino said :" “Cross likes good women, and expensive wine and dislikes dirty bastards” theres nothing about him being unfaithful or so. "good women" she said, not beautifu or young ones, she insisted on him liking being with a good & nice person. Marian is definitely not the cheating kind of guy as i said earlier, so far he's only shown being gallant and having a soft spot for women. he’s not commited in some relationships in any kind. I think people are wrong about marian bc of the fillers added in the anime, sadly. If he was the unfaithful type, do you think i would have nominated him ? I do think he s the kind of guy to commit 200% to a person he loves, as he did when he adopted Allen, and thats makes him a great Husbando material.
Ah, mind me not, I haven't watched the anime (DGM) to know how impactful on opinions those fillers are. But solely by drawing a conclusion from that sentence (“Cross likes good women, and expensive wine and dislikes dirty bastards”) you can tell that he has a taste for "many womEn". You don't remark a guy enjoying a good person if he hasn't been around many specific ones - in this case, females. For it to be listed as a point that defines and describes him, you can safely say he's used to be around a noteworthy amount of them. I agree with you, that's not a statement on his loyalty, but it rings a warning signal. I, personally, wouldn't feel comfortable with that. And, well, it's not like the series provides material on how he'd behave with a lifetime partner.

Last edited:

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
Is this still going on? How has Son Hak not won yet? :nah

Dlanor_A.Knox

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Is this still going on? How has Cross Marian not won yet? :nah

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Okay, I’ve been reverted. While I still would drop my pants in a flash for a night of unprecedented homosexual love-making if I ever saw Cross in the flesh (the dude’s definitely my type, look-wise, charisma-wise, etc) but since it’s been a long time since I read DGM I’ve kind of glorified how good a Husbando he might make, I think..

Meanwhile, having read he first ten chapters of AnY and all of Farf’s campaigning, Hak definitely sounds more like the type you’d want to spend your life with. Like, almost too good, but definitely not “too perfect”.

Congrats, @Farfalla, you won me over.

Sorry Erin.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
@Organizized :s

Knew from the very start you would never support me, sadly, you already did this in all previous stages and previous wars, even when you promised to give your support so, Orga you have no word. :pout

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
@Organizized :s

Knew from the very start you would never support me, sadly, you already did this in all previous stages and previous wars, even when you promised to give your support so, Orga you have no word. :pout
Pff, only stage I didn’t vote Cross was against Sanji so don’t even dare start with that. :hmph And the deciding factor there was that you said I was stupid for not voting for the better Husbando, but for the series I like more. Well, here I was, about to vote Cross, but turns out I was won over by the better Husbando despite only having read DGM of the two.

And I never gave you my word I’d vote for HxH over FMA or Gintama (which were the only ones I voted over HxH, btw) so I didn’t break any word there.

You keep insulting my integrity by using slander and false accusations so I’m not even gonna refrain from saying this: I was going into this battle fully ready to vote for Cross. The fact that I didn’t is on you for not making a better case. So there!

I take that “sorry” back. :hmph

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Okay, I’ve been reverted. While I still would drop my pants in a flash for a night of unprecedented homosexual love-making if I ever saw Cross in the flesh (the dude’s definitely my type, look-wise, charisma-wise, etc) but since it’s been a long time since I read DGM I’ve kind of glorified how good a Husbando he might make, I think..

Meanwhile, having read he first ten chapters of AnY and all of Farf’s campaigning, Hak definitely sounds more like the type you’d want to spend your life with. Like, almost too good, but definitely not “too perfect”.

Congrats, @Farfalla, you won me over.

Sorry Erin.
Oh, 10 chaps? *-* Coolie. I think it's a soft reading that wond't blow people's mind but has an interesting enough universe and plot (although I wouldn't call them unique) to pay for the ride o/ So hope you also liked the series. It's been my casual chilling time thing.

Elusia

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Now it has gone quiet.... :D

As much as I want to vote for Marian for Erin-san's constant campaigns about him, I can't ignore Farfalla-san's answers to me (which I find it very satisfying) and her awesome campaigns in previous rounds.

After reading both of their campaigns again, I finally made my decision.

\o Son Hak gets my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.