Team - StrawHat Pirates VS BlackBeard Pirates | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Team StrawHat Pirates VS BlackBeard Pirates

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
With invisible flying slashes being a thing, I think we've got a more of an idea on Shiryu's capabilities with his fruit. If he shows the ability to control the trajectory of them like Mihawk, then we'd have a pretty devastating swordsman for that fight.

I'm also thinking that he'll, somehow, gain an Asura like ability, which would allow him to use multiple swords for sneak attacks and such. Sort of like Ron Perlman's character in Afro Samurai did with his hidden third arm. That'd be pretty cool.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Whereas we know First Mates are the strongest in the crew, it can't be proven and therefore incorrect to conclude they are the first to join the crew( the only known one is Rayleigh). Case and point is that Yasopp was the first member shown to join Shanks' crew, yet Ben Beckman is the first mate. You're welcome to prove me otherwise.

None of that even matters with regards to this discussion.
I was told Yasopp wasn't the first to join and that Ben Beckman was actually first one to be. We have to see clear flashback of Shanks starting out before to say who join first on that as scene with Yasopp only isn't enough to say alone.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
With invisible flying slashes being a thing, I think we've got a more of an idea on Shiryu's capabilities with his fruit. If he shows the ability to control the trajectory of them like Mihawk, then we'd have a pretty devastating swordsman for that fight.

I'm also thinking that he'll, somehow, gain an Asura like ability, which would allow him to use multiple swords for sneak attacks and such. Sort of like Ron Perlman's character in Afro Samurai did with his hidden third arm. That'd be pretty cool.
Why are people saying Kaido's slashes were invisible? I don't think they were. Kiku got slashed probably because she tried to block it (and hence the sword was cut as well).

Shiryu may be able of doing it, though. He may awaken the fruit and show more than Absalom was capable of.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
That is not about realism, it's about what a word means. A captain is a captain. A first mate is a first mate. Nothing wrong with having mistaken the meaning of the term "first mate", I only intended to make you more knowledgeable.
I get what you mean, but stating OP's logic sees it differently as if your first mate, you become vice-captain/vice-captain like of the crew as it shown in majority of crews we seen. True there been certain cases on that not being the case, but don't think it change with BB's as he see Burgess as his trusted man to get job done even to be on his own.

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why are people saying Kaido's slashes were invisible? I don't think they were. Kiku got slashed probably because she tried to block it (and hence the sword was cut as well).

Shiryu may be able of doing it, though. He may awaken the fruit and show more than Absalom was capable of.
Denjiro said they were invisible.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Denjiro said they were invisible.
Apparently he did in the official mangaplus version, I hadn't read that one.

The fan translations only called them "wind scythes" and "lames d'air" in french. Could anyone confirm what they said in japanese?

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Apparently he did in the official mangaplus version, I hadn't read that one.

The fan translations only called them "wind scythes" and "lames d'air" in french. Could anyone confirm what they said in japanese?
According to Artur, the OG Japanese uses the term kamaitachi, which is wind blades/ sycle weasel. That's strange because the English translation never referred to Cavendish that way and he has the same epithet.

Another translator who examines the full context would be welcomed.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
According to Artur, the OG Japanese uses the term kamaitachi, which is wind blades. That's strange because the English translation never referred to Cavendish that way and he has the same epithet.
I think the invisible thing is a mistranslation then. They don't seem any different from the wind flying slashes most strong swordsmen can produce. But much more deadly of course.

It is still a possibility than Shiliew can make them invisible for real, though.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
TBH I don't think this will even happen. Half the strawhat crew does not seem ready to face their equivalent in a yonko crew. BB arguably has the least impressive set of yonko commanders but even then most of them seem far stronger than franky, brook, robin, nami, ussop and chopper.. It's hard to imagine the series lasting long enough for the non luffy/zoro/sanji/jinbe strawhats to be competitive at the YC tier. I suppose franky has the best chance since his technology could justifiably improve by leaps and bounds between arcs but the other strawhats actually have to become stronger the old fashion way to a great extent.

Monox D. I-Fly

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
TBH I don't think this will even happen. Half the strawhat crew does not seem ready to face their equivalent in a yonko crew. BB arguably has the least impressive set of yonko commanders but even then most of them seem far stronger than franky, brook, robin, nami, ussop and chopper.. It's hard to imagine the series lasting long enough for the non luffy/zoro/sanji/jinbe strawhats to be competitive at the YC tier. I suppose franky has the best chance since his technology could justifiably improve by leaps and bounds between arcs but the other strawhats actually have to become stronger the old fashion way to a great extent.
Franky can upgrade Usopp's, who in turn can upgrade Nami's.

Brook, Robin, and Chopper are all DF users so we may see their Awakenings.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Franky can upgrade Usopp's, who in turn can upgrade Nami's.

Brook, Robin, and Chopper are all DF users so we may see their Awakenings.
Ok, a few points:

1.- Upgrading ussop's weapon isn't near enough. He is a sniper... we have seen gun users in this series, they too are haki users, and in some cases particularly skilled at that. Izo is using guns effectively against kaido, beckham stopped kizaru by merely pointing a gun at him.... A fancier weapon would without a doubt help ussop but it alone won't bridge the gap between him and new world top players. his homologues in other crews are likely to be insanely skilled haki users and ussop is literally years away from that. The gang had two years to train and over that time luffy only mastered the basic forms of haki along with hardening. Zoro got the basic forms of haki, armament and projection... Sanji got the basics of armament, no hardening and maybe some capacity to peek into the future (and that's a very soft maybe).

2.- There is a case to be made that nami can potentially carry herself with merely upgraded weapons. She pretty much throws natural disasters at people at this point and if she manages to keep zeus in the future then she can hit way above her tier so to speak. She could aspire to be a sort of glass cannon with tech alone. Though she will be in constant peril against homologues in yonko crews. Add to that her lacking the capacity to protect her own weapon with haki.

3.- awakenings are not going to bridge the gap between the strawhats and new world top players. Awakenings are useful of course but... just that. What makes them dangerous is the skill behind the users. Add to that brook, robin and chopper relying on physical combat and their own martial arts... They can't rely on tech improvements either. Basically, for their awakenings to matter they would have to be way stronger than they are now anyways. Otherwise they are just weak people with awakenings. Add to that them like ussop being literal years away from any degree of competency with haki. Unless they master it way faster than luffy, zoro or sanji...

Grandmaster Woro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Luffy fights the captain (blackbeard)
Zoro fights the swordsman (shiryuu)

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Luffy vs Blackbeard
Zoro vs Burgess
Sanji vs Shiryu

Looks to be more setting to happen around from how I see it. Though I do respect most others' opinions on fight process especially for rest of the Strawhats. However we have to see who will is 10th member to BB Pirates and I don't think it's Aokiji given he looks more like he can be like Drake in being an spy than truly one of their commanders despite his power.

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
don't see sanji fighting shiryuu. Would be too boring and predictable because sanji already has experience against invisible opponent. In fact, sanji fought the previous invisible DF user. Sanji vs burgess is more interesting.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It simply makes more sense for zoro to engage shiryu. And perhaps it will be an opportunity for him to take his observation haki to the next level given shiryu's invisibility.

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
It simply makes more sense for zoro to engage shiryu. And perhaps it will be an opportunity for him to take his observation haki to the next level given shiryu's invisibility.
Yes. Fighting against shiryuu improves zoro's swordsmanship where has to be able to notice invisible slashes towards him

Luke Beifong

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I imagine that in the fight between the SH pirates and the BB pirates all the Straw Hats will surpass his weak points and become much more stronger for the final war. So, for example, Zoro fighting against Shiryuu will help him to evolve his CoO Haki and Sanji fight against Burges or Avalo can help him to evolve his CoA Haki to another level. The BB pirates are the last pirates villains in my point of view, after they are defeated and Luffy becomes the PK, the final war will take place, so the SH need to be at theirs peak

HereNThere

Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think BB and crew are going to be apart of the larger conflict along with the WG. BB may share Xebec's goal of becoming King of the World, which would put him more at odds with the them at the end, rather than the Yonkou.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ehh, but feels like an Pica fight on Zoro needing to be aware of his surroindings and ask for help to catch him if he just turn invisible off and on to hide around. I rather not have an boring fight and rather he face someone else. Burgess with new DF would be more his style and be compliment on facing fighter opponent than usual enemies with weapons while Sanji gets the swordsman with Shiryu along fighting in the world of visibility and invisibility.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I imagine that in the fight between the SH pirates and the BB pirates all the Straw Hats will surpass his weak points and become much more stronger for the final war. So, for example, Zoro fighting against Shiryuu will help him to evolve his CoO Haki and Sanji fight against Burges or Avalo can help him to evolve his CoA Haki to another level. The BB pirates are the last pirates villains in my point of view, after they are defeated and Luffy becomes the PK, the final war will take place, so the SH need to be at theirs peak
I wouldn't mind Sanji vs Burgess if his new DF will be theorize as Diamond Fruit which be interesting fight to see to break diamonds. Still don't see any reason on Avalo though as not much interests why they will face.

Idk if they will still have weaknesses as if BB fight takes place around after facing WG, then Admirals and Vice Admirals be enough to take them to another level on their power. We have to see on how things will goes, but pretty sure Oda wouldn't give 2 people invisibility if he wasn't expecting a fight between them. That is too coincidental for them not to interact especially when doing respective stealth missions more.

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Idk if they will still have weaknesses as if BB fight takes place around after facing WG, then Admirals and Vice Admirals be enough to take them to another level on their power. We have to see on how things will goes, but pretty sure Oda wouldn't give 2 people invisibility if he wasn't expecting a fight between them. That is too coincidental for them not to interact especially when doing respective stealth missions more.
What stealth missions has Shiryu performed so far? Serious question, I may have forgotten.