Special Move - Techniques Discussion | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Special Move Techniques Discussion

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Technically, Echizen do a Samurai Drive while he's in PoP as well. But I'm not sure if he can pull that move outside PoP, so it might not be a move combination.

Also, Sanada do combine his move to beat Zero Shiki.

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it's possibly in theory by might be taxing adding the special on top of the black hole though. I have always expected him to his destruction out of black hole.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
I see no reason why you can't combine moves though since most special moves in POT are all or nothing it'd not make a whole lot of sense. For example if you combine yips and a power shot, it'd be something that strips five sense and if they somehow hit the ball they'd still get overpowered. However that's redundant because either alone is enough to win the game if they're working so you might as well just focus on one. I'm not even sure how Sanada's combination technique was enough to overcome Zero Shiki in the first place other than that it's a combination technique.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm not even sure how Sanada's combination technique was enough to overcome Zero Shiki in the first place other than that it's a combination technique.
From what I can tell, he used Fire to hit the ball with a lot of force, Forest to decrease the ZS spin and then Lightning to add his own spin or something and that together was enough to force the ball back over the net.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
From what I can tell, he used Fire to hit the ball with a lot of force, Forest to decrease the ZS spin and then Lightning to add his own spin or something and that together was enough to force the ball back over the net.
But the offensive part (Fire/Lightning) seems to be just for their offensive part (it busted Tezuka's racket) so that'd seem like Forest alone was enough to return it, but if it was, why didn't he use it earlier? I guess you can say Lightning gives him the speed to get to the precise spot right before the ball was going to roll back.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
The decrease in spin due to Rin is probably not enough to break Zero Shiki. Zero Shiki do contains an abnormal amount of spin, supposedly seem to be more than Tezuka Phantom because Tezuka can keep hitting phantom when he can't hit Zero Shiki. The power in Ka is probably needed to breakthrough that spin as well. Lightning is probably so that Tezuka won't be able to return it. Well, Tezuka still did return the ball and Sanada do use his roar aura to move the ball over to Tezuka side, but that's beside the point.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
So because it came up in the chapter discussion, I wanted to bring up some discussion points regarding Tanegashima's Imetsu Mu.

First of all, about the name. I think we've been referring to it as Void more recently, but that translation is actually missing some information. As some of you might recall, when the move first appeared Sai translated it with Halt Destruction Nothingness or something along those lines.

Modifying this a bit, you basically get "Turn Destruction Into Nothingness", which you'll probably agree sounds like a description of what it actually does. The keyword here is "destruction." Keeping this in mind, it stands to reason that Mu is only effective against shots with destructive properties. In turn this also means it shouldn't do anything against moves without destructive properties, say Myougi for instance.

I'm aware this isn't an unpopular theory by any means, but I felt like breaking it down like this gives it some additional credit.

Now the second thing: does Mu work against multi-ball moves? I'm sure they count as destructive moves, but the reason why I'm wondering is that when we saw people return multiple balls in "slow motion", it was more like one continuous motion if you know what I mean. But when Tanegashima uses Mu, he sometimes hits it in pretty weird positions, so can he transition from one ball to the next like that?

I'm sure Tanegashima can return most of the multi-ball moves even without Mu anyway, but I'm wondering if maybe Byoudouin has one or two he can't return because they usually have some other effects added to it, or Pirates of the World because it splits into a much greater amount of balls.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I've been trying to figure out what Heracles' move, Silver Light of Mt. Olympus, does, but I'm struggling to come up with something that fits a move of that level. Considering the after images, it seems to drastically increase his speed, but is that it? Anyone else got any ideas?

meowmachine

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
The decrease in spin due to Rin is probably not enough to break Zero Shiki. Zero Shiki do contains an abnormal amount of spin, supposedly seem to be more than Tezuka Phantom because Tezuka can keep hitting phantom when he can't hit Zero Shiki. The power in Ka is probably needed to breakthrough that spin as well. Lightning is probably so that Tezuka won't be able to return it. Well, Tezuka still did return the ball and Sanada do use his roar aura to move the ball over to Tezuka side, but that's beside the point.
Hm, I thought Yukimura was telling Sanada to hit Rin to neutralize Phantom but Sanada refused because of his pride. Eventually, Sanada started hitting Rin so Tezuka would waste his stamina on Phantoms while Sanada could threaten Rai at any time forcing Tezuka to use Phantoms even when Sanada could return it.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Hm, I thought Yukimura was telling Sanada to hit Rin to neutralize Phantom but Sanada refused because of his pride. Eventually, Sanada started hitting Rin so Tezuka would waste his stamina on Phantoms while Sanada could threaten Rai at any time forcing Tezuka to use Phantoms even when Sanada could return it.
Zero Shiki =/= Phantom

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I've been thinking about Yips the past couple days and while doing so, I started wondering if we need to define the senses of smell and taste more broadly in this case. Being unable to taste or smell anything is pretty inconsequential in a tennis match after all, so does the opponent just not notice when he loses those two senses? Or do we have to treat stealing those senses more as disabling the nose and tongue respectively?

I don't have any solid evidence for this, but as far as I can remember, we've never had anyone talking out loud while yipped? And when thinking about the match between Fuwa and Yukimura, at the end, Fuwa collapses and loses consciousness. This isn't shown in detail in the manga, but in the anime, when Yukimura goes through that process, it seems a bit like he's suffocating while grasping for air from what I recall.

If this is indeed the case, it makes Yips even more gruesome than it already is.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm wondering about the effect Bismarck/Siegfried's Howling has on other doubles techniques. If the opponents become unaware of each other, would their own Howling/Synchro still work? So for example, if Bismarck/Siegfried faced Schneider/Bertie, would the latter be able to use Satellite Perspective?

Anyone got any theories regarding this?

Animariano

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I don't think ... the Howling and the Sinchro, they are basically states of mutual concentration between two people. By being "disconnected" from your partner, I think you lose that state of concentration. Even more so if they are complementary skills, such as Bertie / Schneider's, where both parties are necessary. For example, the Yukimura / Tokugawa Howling, where the techniques are individual, but shared between the two, could continue to work for a while.

Ganonslayer101

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel like E.B. shuts down howling since their individual abilities can't combine. As for Synchro i think it prevents you're opponents from entering Synchro but can't stop it if their already in that state. Since the players act as a single unit while in the state, I don't think it can be nullified.