Shounen - Tegami Bachi by Asada Hiroyuki | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Tegami Bachi by Asada Hiroyuki

niphredil

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki

*mostly* my fault because the translation got delayed. but 38 Edited Manga is out now, we can all rejoice. and it looks effing brilliant /o/

also YAY Sai thank you <3

Akiyama

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

The volume covers are so well done, too bad VIZ is slower than hell releasing this series.
Aki note - This is the 2nd time Lag hasn't appeared on a cover, the first was volume 7.

Jaymie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Oh my god, it's so pretty. I always melt away at the sight of Tegami Bachi covers. @_@

Whoo, double digits!

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I finally got curious and decided to check out this series. The art and plot are magnificent. Very well-done. I love how this manga is very to-the-point about the characters and plot. Glad that Gauche is back, it actually made my cry (which is rare) when he refuted his existence.

It really made me ponder, the whole sun flicker event. On that same day when the sun flickered and people lost their left eye or a part of their heart and some saw something alive open it's eye screaming "mother", a boy with a spirit insect in amber in his eye, isn't read as human by the Maka, and who is searching for his mother taken away, was born? Coincidence, eh?

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States

Volume 11 out October 4th, season 2 anime starting this Saturday.

Razeus

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow Pretty interesting manga I'm currently reading chapter one as we speak and I must say the artwork is really impressive so is the concept of Delivery letters and giving it a deep meaning makes my mind wonder so with that being said I'm a offical Letter Bee fan =3.

deleted

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Letter Bee is such a pretty and nice manga! I just love it! X3
Second favourite after DGM. The art is really good and I like the characters very much, although I'm not such a big fan of such stories. But seems like I'll make an exception this once.

I'm so happy the first volume came out this month. (Germany is pretty slow with bringing new mangas to us ^^; )

Razeus

Reaction score
Country
United States
Letter Bee is such a pretty and nice manga! I just love it! X3
Second favourite after DGM. The art is really good and I like the characters very much, although I'm not such a big fan of such stories. But seems like I'll make an exception this once.

I'm so happy the first volume came out this month. (Germany is pretty slow with bringing new mangas to us ^^; )
Ahh I didn't know that were currently at volume 3 in the US right now.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Chapter 47 is out! Not to much doing in this chapter, action wise. Lily's monologue is interesting. In light of real world current events a civil servant questioning her role is a little more interesting. If letters contain someones heart it is a little poignant that class resentment, repression, rebellion, and anti-government sentiment prevent her from seeing the joy that her deliveries bring people.

I am really curious how the battle with the Cabernet goes, now that Lag's heart bullets won't load.

earthforge

MH's Most High Quality Poster
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: [Featured] Tegami Bachi by Asada Hiroyuki

I guess the Heart Bullet Gun not loading is a result of Lag realizing Gauche really being Noir.

I liked Lily's backstory, very understandable. All she really deserved was to be a Bee at a different time, when the unrest wasn't so terrible. I also wonder why she's been put among the last group to confront the Cabernet - defeating Gaichuu doesn't seem to be her forte. Hope she survives this chapter.

Razeus

Reaction score
Country
United States

I guess the Heart Bullet Gun not loading is a result of Lag realizing Gauche really being Noir.

I liked Lily's backstory, very understandable. All she really deserved was to be a Bee at a different time, when the unrest wasn't so terrible. I also wonder why she's been put among the last group to confront the Cabernet - defeating Gaichuu doesn't seem to be her forte. Hope she survives this chapter.
That how I saw it the shock of having the hope that gauche was back to suddenly see that he was really noir will shock lag to the point he can't open his heart anymore. So its like his heart is closed off poor lag otherwise good chapter.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Lag seems to have genuinely lost confidence since realizing that was not Gauche. Though I have my doubts that the difference between Noir and Gauche is as stark as Lag seems to think, as if they are two different people.

Hopefully Lag gets a hold of himself. I'm not sure Lily has the capacity to defeat the Cabernet. I'm hoping she can provide him with the emotional support or slap in the face he needs to load his heart bullets.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

I also wonder why she's been put among the last group to confront the Cabernet - defeating Gaichuu doesn't seem to be her forte. Hope she survives this chapter.
I've been wondering this too. She does not seem strong enough to fight, nor does she seem to have the self confidence or conviction in her role as a bee to provide back up. There must be something about her we don't know but I can't think of anything or come up with any predictions. So far she is an interesting character, I hope she does something really surprising.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
I wonder how I escaped this serie since it seems to be one of the big hit. So thanks to Googlez_kun and the what are you reading next thread :-)
I started with the anime in order to catch rapidly so it was a pleasant surprise to see that there was some big modifications in the plot, that made reading the last chapters of the manga more entertaining.
All in all, this manga gave me a Full metal alchemist feeling (which is quite good). The letter bees and the alchemists seems to have some common points.
As for the recent chapters, it seems we will have some long awaited answers (well not that long for me) about the capital, or maybe even more questions. I wonder if we will see Lag's mum in the flashback

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
This is one of the series that makes me cry a lot. I feel like hugging the Lag kid and tell him that everything will be fine, and be strong. hehe :)

My first encounter was the anime TV, and it touched my heart. It was really a great story and the music was good too. I'm now reading the manga and enjoying it. :)

Anera

Reaction score
Country
France
I'm frustrated.

Don't take me wrong, I really love this manga, I don't even have the words to express what I feel when I'm reading it, it's just wonderful and it made me cry a lot of time. (I'm easily moved but still)

I don't know how it is in another countries regarding publications. The fact is, in France, 18 volumes have been released. And the end is supposed to happen in the 20th volume. I don't know how it could be true, the author can't resolve all that is left in two volumes, that's impossible. I'm so upset, Tegami Bachi is one of my favourites and I genuinely thought this manga had a lot of potential.

So, I wonder : what about Japan ? Is this manga successful ? If not, it would explain why it seems to end a bit abruptly ? (yeah, I don't know about the end yet but I'm being pessimist)

Kushina

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know about it's success in Japan, but from what I saw in the scans that will be of volume 19, the author does a year+ time jump where Lag grows and changes significantly. It seems that he is significantly suppressing his "heart" in preparation for the final battle against the sun. In the US, 18 volumes have also been released, with volume 19 not being out til Summer 2016.

I found this link regarding sales from last year. http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1249559 Tegami Bachi volume 18 sold about 70,000 copies while Naruto volume 70 sold almost 600,000 copies in the same time frame. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it was enough to be 13th on the list.

I also am sad this series is ending. The jump between volume 18 and 19 seemed a bit stark, IMO, as if the author was rushing to conclude the series. While they did release a good bit of information about everything, I thought there would be a bit more time spend finding the children born on the Day of Flicker. But maybe there will be focus on that in volume 19 and volume 20? I am not against a shorter series (compared to something like Naruto or One Piece), but I also like the story to be well-paced throughout and progress naturally.

Reverseshin

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
View media item 28116Hello everyone! I’m a huge fan of tegami bachi and I’m making this thread so I (also others) can share tegami bachi Raws and scans of magazine pages. The goal of this thread is to get tegami bachi manga Raws to resurface (especially the later ones) in HQ because I saw that later on when Manga Editors where doing the series after J.A.C, they where using watermarked Chinese scans (which where of bad quality) and there where no raw providers at all. In this thread the goal is to share and preserve tegami bachi manga Raws, especially archiving the Raws from back in the early days form forms, raw paradise ect, and to also share your scans of Tegami Bachi Chapters.