Shounen - Tegami Bachi by Asada Hiroyuki | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Tegami Bachi by Asada Hiroyuki

niphredil

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki

While between translations, here's a detailed summary of this month's Chapter 25 as best I can figure. This is wordy and long! Apologies in advance XD; Under s tags both for length and obvious spoilers.

We see Lag's memories after he shot the Heart Bullet at Big Sis, beginning with his first meeting with Niche, and him saying he had intended to save her, but he ended up being the one who was saved (cue my heart melting). Big Sis realises the Heart Bullet contained Lag's Heart and that she's seeing his feelings towards Niche. Lag takes the opportunity to rush over to Niche, who is pretty beaten up by now. Sis struggles to grasp the concept of a human and Maka being joined forever by a bond, and concludes that it's impossible and mere human insolence to think it possible. Meanwhile, the villagers make their escape, carrying off some of the "legendary" water... but who cares about them ;P Sis continues berating humans, and then Niche too for being stupid enough to be taken in by them. As her anger grows, her speech gets even weirder than before and sounds almost beastial, it's pretty scary.

Anyway she forms this huge wrecking ball type thing with her hair and attempts to kill both Lag and Niche. Steak drags Niche underwater to get her out of harm's way, while Lag continues firing at Sis. He asks if there are ANY living creatures who aren't "foolish" as Sis calls them - humans have tried to form bonds with Maka; she's attacking her own sister.. and he ends with saying he'll never forgive her if she harms Niche, in a rare moment of badassery. Sis notices his Spirit Amber eye, thinking this is the only reason he didn't smell human, but then apparently noticing something else we don't hear about, because she then continues her attack. More badassery from Lag (seriously, I'm shocked and impressed), ending with him shooting her at point-blank range.

Again Sis sees Lag's memories of Niche, and like Gauche, ends up having Lag's feelings and memories overlap with her own, this time of losing her sister. She remembers them both as babies, how they were always together from the moment they were born. The old mayor shows up and decides to get rid of them since nothing good is coming of keeping them in the village. After he throws them off the cliff, Niche is apparently still asleep and drifts off, with Sis unable to reach her. Sis sinks into the water, crying and screaming out when she realises she is truly alone and has lost her sister. We see her transform from a child to the 'older' form she has now, with her saying it was after the outpouring of feeling quieted down that her growth started. She decides it is her duty to return to Maka and... do something I'm not quite sure about. 命の理に従うように. Possibly follow Maka's way of life.

Lag asks why she didn't go back to look for Niche; she figured that once Niche grew up she too would come back to seek Maka - and that if Niche didn't survive, then she wasn't worthy of taking up the role of Maka. Lag says she is the most foolish of all for abandoning her sister, that no human would ever be that stupid. She seems to agree with him in some sense, though she doesn't know whether it's because she herself is stupid, or because her mother was a 'stupid' human. Steak throws Niche out of the lake, and Maka (!) takes her away for healing at a lake within the cave. Outside, the Mayor's being a bastard and trying to get the fake "legendary" water for himself, but falls into the ice water instead.

Back inside, Lag asks what "Maka's role" is that Sis mentioned. She tells him how the creatures in the ice pillars, having lost all of their Heart, had begun to transform. To prevent the world's order being disrupted, Maka froze them before they could fully transform. Sis says that they are お前が眼に宿すものと同じ... 「精霊虫」の成れの果てなのだ - I THINK this means they are the end result of Spirit Insects, the same as the one in Lag's eye. And that's it! (Consider me terrified that a giant disgusting Gaichuu is gonna pop out of Lag's skull 50 chapters from now. Or Lag starting to turn into a Gaichuu. I'd have nightmares for life.)

Well... at least it'll speed up translation for me ._. /hides

Last edited:

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Volume 06 is coming out on 2/4/09! Be sure to be on the lookout for it~!

Jura

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

Hmm, I have to get volume 5, too. Thanks for the date. I'll get them at my Sanseido.

I enjoyed the small anime it had and I hope the series rumors are true.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Glad to see the new chapter after so long. Tegami has been missed and this has been quite a good arc.

Mr. Death

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

Well we had no decent raws to work with, hopefully it will all change....

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Well we had no decent raws to work with, hopefully it will all change....
Yeah, chapters 25 - 27 only had cam raws until last week.

silentdon5

Reaction score
Country
United States

The first chapter was published in North America Monthly Shonen Jump July 2009 Issue.

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

The first chapter was published in North America Monthly Shonen Jump July 2009 Issue.
No it was the March issue.

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States

Tegami Bachi wallpapers can be found SQ website. No text will be found on the pictures other than a small line for credits.

The green one is my favorite and my current wallpaper.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

First thought about this chapter: Aria is smexy. Even more than usual this chapter.

As the above statement made obvious, I'm glad to see Aria get some extra screen time this month. This is the first time I can recall her taking such a prominent role. With her assignment and Lag's apparent heart reaction to Dr. Thunderland there may be revelations, at long last, about the day of the flicker.

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States

Someone finally revived this thread ~ :hug

I found it very interesting that the day of flicker was made from people hearts and even took body parts. So Dr. Thunderland, Signal, and this new guy Laurence with Reverse have an eye stolen from them. At least I think so, he has that weird scar like the other two. The chapter was also very funny. Aria and Niche make a great combo. I would have never thought Aria was a clux. I guess the tight clothes doesn't help the situation. But I'm sure she will make this up in her spirit amber power with the violin. Bolt is very cute, it's like if Happy Potter was a St. Bernard, it would be that dog. I have a feeling Lag will give us a flashback to the day of flicker thanks to Dr. T and Gauche.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I don't think it is explained what caused the flicker. The only known is everyone who saw it lost something; Dr. Thunderland, Signal, and Laurence's eye, Gauche lost the memories of his mother. Aria saw it too, she may have lost some of her heart as well. Most importantly, Lag and Sylvette were born on the day of the flicker. There are still so many unknowns. We know nothing about Akatsuki, the sun, the central government, and only the barest amount of information about reverse. Flicker revelations may be coming but I expect them to only be partial.

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States

I meant to say the artificial sun is made from hearts not the day of flicker. >.< I'm thinking the government caused the flicker. The hearts are the fuel for the sun to glow, and the day of flicker was a way to recharge the sun's batteries. It has been 12 years since then so maybe it's time for another flicker. Maybe Reverse knows all about this and wants to stop the gvmt so their not completely bad. Those are me crazy theories. xP

Last edited:

kdowns

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

Im just wondering is it realised Monthly or every 2 months O.o cause i am confused

tpspoons

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

39 was released a little while ago (raw). Shame the Edited Mangas take so long for this manga (especially now that things are finally getting interesting).

Mr. Death

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

39 was released a little while ago (raw). Shame the Edited Mangas take so long for this manga (especially now that things are finally getting interesting).

Hey, you will patiently or die, we have finish clean 38 and just awaiting trans and I refuse to rush Niph-chan...

tpspoons

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

No offense intended :P I really like your scans

Sai

THE MH FOODIE
Tech
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom

it's partially my fault anyhow since I've been backlogged on my own tls and hence backlogged on my raw scanning.... In fact I just scanned Ch. 39 for JAC today ^^;;