Shounen - Tegami Bachi by Asada Hiroyuki | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Tegami Bachi by Asada Hiroyuki

kirimi

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Re: Tegami-bachi by Asada Hiroyuki - Discussion

Tegami Bachi anime announcement, sorta.

My guess is OVA.
According to the advertisement, it's the Jump Super Anime Tour. It will be out this autumn, and be shown at 10 locations around Japan. So, it's sort of an OVA and sort of not.

They used to do this Anime Tour thing a few years ago, like with TeniPuri, Naruto, Eyeshield 21 and Bleach, but they haven't had one for a while. I think. Anyway, these are usually 30-40 minutes long. :)

haya5h1

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

According to the advertisement, it's the Jump Super Anime Tour. It will be out this autumn, and be shown at 10 locations around Japan. So, it's sort of an OVA and sort of not.

They used to do this Anime Tour thing a few years ago, like with TeniPuri, Naruto, Eyeshield 21 and Bleach, but they haven't had one for a while. I think. Anyway, these are usually 30-40 minutes long. :)
Thanks for the translation! So it's going to be something like the "Memories in the Rain" short that was done for Bleach years ago?

I hope they find an animation company that can do the art justice... and I hope they get as far as introducing Zaji so we can settle this boy/girl thing.:XD though even then I bet they'll do something sneaky like Romi Paku or Megumi Ogata:XD

Last edited:

Asidian

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

I can't believe this has been picked up as an anime already. I'm so excited; I just hope the art comes close to the manga art.

Anyway, out of curiosity, has anyone seen a thread somewhere where the translators talk about the choice to make Zaji a "her"? Because in the original Japanese, his/her lines are really rough and masculine and I was... pretty sure it was a boy. Did they actually mention it somewhere and I missed it? O.o;

niphredil

Translator
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Anyway, out of curiosity, has anyone seen a thread somewhere where the translators talk about the choice to make Zaji a "her"? Because in the original Japanese, his/her lines are really rough and masculine and I was... pretty sure it was a boy. Did they actually mention it somewhere and I missed it? O.o;
A couple weeks back I was asked about this and yeah, there is no actual 'proof' so far that Zaji is a girl. I and most of the people I talk to had always pretty much assumed she [using for convenience here] was a girl due to her appearance and just her feeling more like a tomboy rather than... an actual boy. At this later point, the evidence swings more in favour of boy for now. I don't know :x I decided in the end to leave it as "she", and change it later if/when it becomes apparent. I figured I'd rather change it when I know for sure as opposed to changing, being wrong, and having to change again?

Asidian

Reaction score
Country
United States

A couple weeks back I was asked about this and yeah, there is no actual 'proof' so far that Zaji is a girl. I and most of the people I talk to had always pretty much assumed she [using for convenience here] was a girl due to her appearance and just her feeling more like a tomboy rather than... an actual boy. At this later point, the evidence swings more in favour of boy for now. I don't know :x I decided in the end to leave it as "she", and change it later if/when it becomes apparent. I figured I'd rather change it when I know for sure as opposed to changing, being wrong, and having to change again?
Makes sense! Thanks for the quick answer- I was just curious as to whether I'd missed something. My Japanese isn't by any means perfect, and I tend to skim when the going gets tough, so I was worried I'd picked the wrong spot to do it. ^^;;

haya5h1

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Anyway, it seems like Asada-sensei is going out of his way to obfuscate the issue by always having people refer to Zaji as "Zaji", "aitsu" (that person), or "ano ko" (that child), and never a definite "kare" (he) or "kanojo" (she). :XD

ishi

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong

Hi, I'm a fan of Asada Hiroyuki, and I live in HONG KONG.
It's so surprise to find a place like thism which are so many Asada's Fans here!!

Tegami Bachi is quite different from the others work of Asada sensei,
every time I read the new chapter,
I feel exiting with Lag's adventure~

Thanks for your sharing and that is great to discuss with you.
Please forgive my terrible english....

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Welcome to the site ishi...

I have only ever read I'll and something that Asada did in a one shot about football. I didn't even realise that it was the same mangaka as that of Tegami Bachi until recently.

I think that having now caught up with this series it's probably going to be my favourite one out of everything he has authored.

caesarpk

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

o, I can never keep up with author names, it seems....
anyways, didn't know TegamiBachi got a discussion thread! I like this series, and I'm here to say hi!
Good to see a native from China there! I've never been in Hong-Kong before, what is it like there? (sorry for being off-topic

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

o, I can never keep up with author names, it seems....
anyways, didn't know TegamiBachi got a discussion thread! I like this series, and I'm here to say hi!
Good to see a native from China there! I've never been in Hong-Kong before, what is it like there? (sorry for being off-topic
:D awesome dude - mx0 is maybe over, but I got to see you in other manga threads :)

anyway I hope we might know more about reverse and noire in next chapter. Btw when will next issue/chater come out?

haya5h1

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

next JSQ is out on June 4 - 2 more weeks.

welcome ishi! nice to see more TB fans from other parts of Asia:)

niphredil

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

July's JSQ had another advert for the anime, with a few small (oh so small T^T) images of design sketch sheets. They had Lag, Niche, and Steak, but more interestingly, awesomely detailed sketches of both Hachi Nosu and the view from Bifrost leading up to what looks like the Gate at Kyrie (Dead End). Also another shot on this second location, showing I think just another view of the gate with Signal's little.. room off to the left. Sadly there wasn't any other TB-specific info, just a listing of the Jump Tour dates/locations. But anyway... I wonder if that means the Kyrie story will be the focus? Or maybe they'll just pass through the area.

haya5h1

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

could be they're not doing the "origin story". I remember that the Bleach anime "pilot" for Jump Festa was the Memories in the Rain arc, which was in vol 3.

chapter 18 raw's up

Last edited:

niphredil

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

First purchase back in the States was TB vol 4, and opposite the contents page is a cast listing with spellings for the names and brief descriptions in both Japanese and English.

Steak ... Niche's live bait?
Aria Rink ... BEE-HIVE Sub Master
Zazie ... LETTER BEE
Wasiolka ... Zazie's DINGO
Goos Suede ... ex LETTER BEE (missing)
Lode ... ex Goos's DINGO (missing)
Silvet Suede ... Goos's sister
Anu Seeing ... Lag's mother (missing)

There were more, but these are just the ones with interesting spellings (Wasiolka, Goos, Lode, Zazie?)... or which are simply amusing, like questionable live bait Steak.

Oh, and to answer the question from a little while back, this volume includes chapters 11-14.

Last edited:

haya5h1

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

.........well, "Silvet" will be easier to fit in the word bubbles.

But "GOOS"?!!!1!!!
I hadn't got this one because I already had all the chapters from JSQ... Does it have any bonus materials worth scanning other than Dr Thunderland Sr's lecture?

niphredil

Translator
Reaction score
Country
United States

Mmph, that was my reaction too. I'm not sure if I'll be changing my spellings. I don't think I can bring myself to go for Goos just yet... my heart isn't prepared!

Other than the lecture, there are a couple of small rough sketches (of chapter opening images, and volume covers) and inter-chapter images, but no nothing else really. Unless a mini Sylvette encountering Steak in her underwear counts ;)

haya5h1

RAW Provider
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia

Oh, OK. I'll put it on my list of stuff to buy next month, if no one else comes up with scans. (I impulsively splurged on Library War novels and drained my book and most of my food budget for the rest of June...:sweat )

Asakura

RAW Provider
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Consider this series licensed by Viz as of today.

Mr. Death

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Consider this series licensed by Viz as of today.
Well we are going to continue to scan it.

Sexy Randal 105

Reaction score
Country
United States

I am so happy this was licensed. Now if they would only license Neuro.