Brazil - The 2014 World Cup Meeting! | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Brazil The 2014 World Cup Meeting!

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Nana, we're planning to go to Sampa, Rio, Vix, BH and BSB! (bus trips, mostly xD )
I'll pick Bob up in Sampa, then we'll come to my home to spend some days in BSB. If you wanna join us and Sampa and then move around with us, you're welcome!! (if you don't mind spending nights in a bus) I wish Lipe would join us in Sampa as well, lol.

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I spent so much time trying to figure out the schedule, now Bob removed the dates, bring them back, please XD
my first plan is a weekend/4 days, because I don't know when I'll get my vacation yet, but I can be out for a friday or monday...

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I spent so much time trying to figure out the schedule, now Bob removed the dates, bring them back, please XD
my first plan is a weekend/4 days, because I don't know when I'll get my vacation yet, but I can be out for a friday or monday...
Yeah, it didn't paste properly, so I had to remove it. Here's a rough version of our plan:

PLAN B

PLAN A

TheMoa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Why is Vix on the plan? so you can know where far spent her youth?

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why is Vix on the plan? so you can know where far spent her youth?
Yeah, something like that. Plus I want to try some of their local cuisine and it'll be a bit quieter than the bigger states/cities.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moa is from ES as well, Bob!
Btw, Moa, you'll certainly meet us, right??
Ah that explains your previous meetings before. Yeah, Moa will definitely meet us.

TheMoa

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Ah that explains your previous meetings before. Yeah, Moa will definitely meet us.
Actually I always met her on BH... I've been living here the last 6 years

Far.. I'll meet you guys if you came to BH. Last year I spent only one week on ES, I'll go there on the first week of june, cuz my parents will celebrate 25 years of marriage. After that I'll come back to BH..I'm saving may vacation days for the second semester

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Actually I always met her on BH... I've been living here the last 6 years

Far.. I'll meet you guys if you came to BH. Last year I spent only one week on ES, I'll go there on the first week of june, cuz my parents will celebrate 25 years of marriage. After that I'll come back to BH..I'm saving may vacation days for the second semester
Well, for me it doesn't really make a difference but Nana is the one planning, but even then it'll be fine. Not like we're busy everyday. Any places to eat you can recommend in BH?

TheMoa

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
A whole bunch of them! Far, explain comida di buteco for him!
But you'll get some nice food on Vix too... a good moqueca can only be found there

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A whole bunch of them! Far, explain comida di buteco for him!
But you'll get some nice food on Vix too... a good moqueca can only be found there
I've never heard of that first one before, but I've just googled it and it looks good. Why can't you explain it to me? :pout
I know of Moqueca from Tata from a long time ago; so I'm looking forward to that. Already found a few good seafood places in Vix.

TheMoa

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I think it kind hard of explain.
Buteco is like a little bar, BH is the Bar city of brazil and maybe the world. There are a ton of butecos... and by buteco we're talking about great bars and "the little one door bar from uncle john down the street".
Every year on april there's a event called "comida di buteco", where every bar on the city can compete presenting their specialties. The whole month people go on the bars and taste the food so they can vote on the best one. Sometimes a famous bar win, sometimes a really small one wins with the "grandma's recipe".
You can look it who won what on the last years, go on this bar and eat it. You can like it or not, but there will be a lot of options for sure.

Dunno if it was clear...

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think it kind hard of explain.
Buteco is like a little bar, BH is the Bar city of brazil and maybe the world. There are a ton of butecos... and by buteco we're talking about great bars and "the little one door bar from uncle john down the street".
Every year on april there's a event called "comida di buteco", where every bar on the city can compete presenting their specialties. The whole month people go on the bars and taste the food so they can vote on the best one. Sometimes a famous bar win, sometimes a really small one wins with the "grandma's recipe".
You can look it who won what on the last years, go on this bar and eat it. You can like it or not, but there will be a lot of options for sure.

Dunno if it was clear...
I remember you linking at article about that a few months ago.

Well, your explanation makes sense enough. I'm not sure we have anything like that to compare here. Sounds like a brilliant event though and month; gutted that I'll be missing it. I take it you'll be attending though? :heh

TheMoa

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
You can bet I will.. haha
although you won't be here in the time of the event... you can still go to the bars and better than that, You'll know what are the best ones

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'm thinking of taking a week off in july, but I still don't know when... if during the days you'll be in SP, or when you'll be in BH...
Don't forget to post the final schedule if you guys get to a conclusion, so I can plan my trip better too :)

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of taking a week off in july, but I still don't know when... if during the days you'll be in SP, or when you'll be in BH...
Don't forget to post the final schedule if you guys get to a conclusion, so I can plan my trip better too :)
Will do, Mari, hopefully very soon; so that you also have time to plan your schedule and book time off work.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I dunno when I will go yet, although I think I could land there around the end of Bob's trip...and I'm not planning to stay more than one week either...and I was wondering how much money I should bring? Any ideas?

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Try to get here around July 27 then, so you stay here during Bob's last week. About money, I... have no idea xD For a week, save $100 to maybe travel between states, around $175 for food (add some more if you'll be constantly drunk) +20% for other silly expenses? ç.ç Lemme know if I forgot any other important item, lol.

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'd add something for cab/bus and are there plans for any paid attractions? Like museums or something?

When I'm traveling, I know I'll do different things and not really control myself :P
My personal preference is around $100 per day, for everything. Usually I have some money left by the end, but it's good to have the extra for safety...

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
Those are good points xD Hopefully I'll have a car here in Brasilia, but I doubt we'll be able to use it to travel outside the city. I'll check Bob's spreadshit to see wich attractions aren't free