Question - The Ape Titan (aka Big Foot) | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question The Ape Titan (aka Big Foot)

The Ape Titan is...

• ...human-based.

Votes: 79 62.7%
  • ...a pure titan.

Votes: 47 37.3%

• Total voters

hafrice

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think that the Beast Titan is Erwin Smith's dad. If you look at the burn mark that he received it matches up quite nicely with the scar on the Beast Titan's human form.

Haze

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I wouldn't be surprised if the beast titan is infact Erwin's dad with his memory wiped out. But then again, it wouldn't explain R and B recognizing this guy, unless of course he left for the world outside the walls immediately after the torture and later formed a conspiracy against those inside the walls.
However, this theory is completely shaky as this guy seems more experienced than any other, and considering gaining that level of intelligence would have had been next to impossible after a memory wipe in such a short period of time. The Ape titan being a relative of Ymir though wouldn't be completely shaky, as explained by a few guy on MyAnimelist - (Another forum I am active on.) - As neither of their titans represent a human but have a body closer to that of animals, with the ape titan being an Ape and Ymir being..Well, a Vulture? Or whatever you guys see fit. To me she looks closer to a Hagraven from Skyrim. Not sure what that creature would be.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Eren and Grisha's titans have the same elf ears as beast titan and Ymir's (shark-like) dancing titan. I'd rather assume they're all related in some way until it's proven otherwise. Did Eren get his pointy ears from the serum he was given or was it a side effect of genetics (or both; maybe the serum came from Grisha's own spinal fluid)? The titan and world knowledge/power/experience issue is too much of a problem for me to consider Erwin's dad a candidate, unless someone has an explanation to solve the discrepancy...?

hafrice

Reaction score
Country
United States
However, this theory is completely shaky as this guy seems more experienced than any other, and considering gaining that level of intelligence would have had been next to impossible after a memory wipe in such a short period of time.
If my memory serves me correctly Erwin's dad died far away from town

Since we never saw him die or a body in panel the author is totally free to bring the character back. If Erwin's dad left the walls around the time of the funeral it and found the other humans outside the walls it would give R&B the time to get to know him and could explain how they recognize him... Erwin and Anne also share a lot of features... maybe they're siblings.

Haze

Reaction score
Country
India
that wouldn't explain the fact that Erwin's dad knew nothing of the 3dmg on stepping into the walls, which would mean a memory wipe. Gaining that level of knowledge about the world, titans and everything else that he knew of would have had been incredibly hard for anyone. This is a shaky theory again, so it may or may be accurate. If BT does turn out to be Erwins dad though, then it'd make for an interesting continuation of the plot and I'd like to see the direction it heads, though I wouldn't count on it.

hafrice

Reaction score
Country
United States
If the Reiss family can control and manipulate memories who's to say another person or group of people couldn't do the same.

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Uruguay
Eren and Grisha's titans have the same elf ears as beast titan and Ymir's (shark-like) dancing titan. I'd rather assume they're all related in some way until it's proven otherwise. Did Eren get his pointy ears from the serum he was given or was it a side effect of genetics (or both; maybe the serum came from Grisha's own spinal fluid)? The titan and world knowledge/power/experience issue is too much of a problem for me to consider Erwin's dad a candidate, unless someone has an explanation to solve the discrepancy...?
http://imgur.com/0PBpS9P This is snk chapter five,page 5,that titan has a amazing resemble with eren's titan,but is a mindless titan so..

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Interesting. Every other chapter it feels like there's a whole new reason to go through all the chapters again. Are there any other titans with special features in common with the beast titan (or Ymir/Eren/Grisha)? We just don't know!

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wonder why they vary in size?:hmm
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Interesting. Every other chapter it feels like there's a whole new reason to go through all the chapters again. Are there any other titans with special features in common with the beast titan (or Ymir/Eren/Grisha)? We just don't know!
you think since ymir is over 60yrs old.....titans have extensive lifespans....
hence....seig could be a first generation titan....giving him that primative appearance(looking more like the first king).
he may very well be a few 100 yrs old:hmm

kannazuki

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Absolutely. It's my current suspicion that Zeke/Sieg and Grisha may be much older than Ymir; and yes possibly "first generation" titans if that ends up being how it works.

serban

Reaction score
Country
Romania
it seems to me that some of zeke titans have asian features. Does it have anything to do with the "asian race" regarding the story?

Eigengrau

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
it seems to me that some of zeke titans have asian features. Does it have anything to do with the "asian race" regarding the story?
Not really, as for the last picture with the 2 Titans lunging at Levi, their looks are from the voice actors for Mikasa and Eren, they're supposed to look like them, hence the asian features. It's also said that most of the Titans' looks come from people that Isayama knows, like friends and such.

Edit:

After referencing Araki Tetsuro in Chapter 77 and Inoue Marina in 80, Isayama now gives shout outs to seiyuu Kaji Yuuki (Eren) and Ishikawa Yui (Mikasa) in 81!

Last edited: