Hangout - The Gamer by Sung Sang-Young | Page 42 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout The Gamer by Sung Sang-Young

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, though it's hard to compete with Tower of God on that front. SIU has a habit of making his chapters small novels sometimes.

I'm still having problems enjoying the Gamer's serious turn. Ever since it tried to incorporate mythology and politics and such it just hasn't been the same for me. An RPG character in real life should be fun and it just hasn't been that in a while.

Son-Derling

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
finaly we get to see his stat page again...i love those chaters where he upgrades his stats!

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Been a while since I caught up with Gamer. Seems he's grown considerably. He's likely going to have a bit of a tougher time without Harem King or the guild's protection. I get the feeling something big is going down soon

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just caught up too. It should be pretty cool to check back in with all his friends/love interests. He's been off doing his own thing for a while. I'm looking forward to seeing how they've changed.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh, I like this development a lot. A time skip and him being in a class with all 3 of his love interests at the same time. And they know each other somehow.:^_^

Also the new blue haired "guy" who became the class president. Not convinced he's a guy.

Eracuel

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
This mask arc + pulling a sudden Kubo lvl. cliffhanger...meh :faint

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
This mask arc + pulling a sudden Kubo lvl. cliffhanger...meh :faint
Was definitely not the best place for to end the season. Like that we are getting back to Shi Yi though. Looking forward to seeing what his other love interests have been up to.

billylebegue

Reaction score
Country
France
Season 4 has started (spoilers available on reddit for instance)

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fun developments with Shi-Yi. I like it when they play into the love comedy element.

smokeesid

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Could anyone who knows Korean tell about the penalty upon Jee-han for increasing his intelligence to this level?

Here, webtoon says that the stamina is permanently decreased by 1 in every 24 hours. But if that is the case then he would run out of it soon and die

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
So I just noticed something funny. Or at least something I find it funny.

Now I could be misunderstanding this but it seems to me like the Church of Masks, where people join together and live as a one whole, is essentially an analogy for communism (intentionally or not). So, if you think about about, this Gamer arc could be taken to be a 1960s style allegory for battling the spread of communism.:XD
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
So the church of masks storyline finally ended. Not going to lie really wasn't a fan of about 75% of it. It was such a shift from Gamer's RPG comedy roots to a more conventional urban fantasy battle manga. And whenever it starts trying to act serious.. that really don't work for me.

Despite that, I did like the ending.

Looks like Jeehan has got himself a troublesome "friend" now.:amuse

Eracuel

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
So I just noticed something funny. Or at least something I find it funny.

So the church of masks storyline finally ended. Not going to lie really wasn't a fan of about 75% of it. It was such a shift from Gamer's RPG comedy roots to a more conventional urban fantasy battle manga. And whenever it starts trying to act serious.. that really don't work for me.

Despite that, I did like the ending.

Looks like Jeehan has got himself a troublesome "friend" now.:amuse
Yeah I have to agree, I'm glad this arc has ended. The final fight was quite enjoyable tho...and that leash, come on girl you don't want to get rid of it, just be honest with yourself :3c

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Their dynamic since has been pretty good too. I like that she hates him. Most of the other people around him are very much either in love with him or care about him and it's somehow refreshing to have somebody whose holding a grudge.:XD

Last edited: