Hangout - The Games Hangout Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout The Games Hangout Thread

Xerous

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Re: The Games Hangout Thread - Part 1

Well now word is the $299 and $10 a month is now $15 a month which includes the family pack kinda like one of Xboxs current deals so I hope it's not true seeing as I don't need a family pack and I don't want to shell out $660 for the system.

---------- Post added May 05, 2013 at 06:43 AM ---------- Previous post was May 04, 2013 at 09:41 PM ----------

First screenshots of Batman: Arkham Origins can be found Here.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country

Ok, it has been confirmed that the XBOX Fusion (apparently that'll be the name, Microsoft registered it) won't need to be "always on" and (still not sure) will read used games.

But Im not here because of that. Apparently, Microsoft is developing a projector that will create an enviroment not only in front of you, but all around you (using every single wall in your room) giving you a full 3D experience.

Oh, and the console will have backward compatibility, but you'll need to buy a device.

I can't give you a source as I'm getting this info from Spanish sites, sorry :/

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Oh, here we go

Last edited by a moderator:

Xerous

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

Well from what I recall the Illumiroom is only in front of us but I suppose time will tell and in an interview a few weeks back they said the always on will be up to the developer so some will and some wont.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

The projector thing is cool in principle but it does have a few limitations. Ultimately it necessarily has to be an entirely optional feature considering a significant number of games won't have the room for such a thing. Honestly though, even the images in the pictures are not as clear as they would have to be for the thing to be as awesome as it should be. It ultimately feels unnecessary.

I really can't believe they would go that far for the piracy stuff. Its offensive and a lot of people buy games thinking they will sell them in the future to get new games. The amount of people who play games could seriously suffer a blow if other consoles don't do something similar. The whole thing would be passable if games were cheaper to make up for it however I doubt they would do that. Kinda like "hey, you won't be able to sell our games but that will be offset by the fact that we will sell games 20 dollars cheaper than the competition".

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States

According to this Forbes article, the new Xbox console and PS4 will not block used games. As for the "always-on" rumor...

The new Xbox “always-on” concept that has been covered extensively in the press is also something that video game analyst Michael Pachter discussed. He said a better term for the new Xbox would be “connected,” and could be compared to DirecTV. The box could be turned off, but like DirecTV, it could turn on automatically to record a scheduled movie or upload new menu information for the guide.
Another interesting tidbit

The big differentiator between Sony and Microsoft could come in the form of low-priced subsidized Xbox consoles. Pachter believes Microsoft could work directly with cable and Internet providers to offset the price of the new hardware. If the new Xbox retails for $400, for example, it could sell for as little as $100 with a two-year commitment to that cable or Internet provider. This is the same model mobile companies like Verizon and Sprint use for the latest smartphone like the Apple iPhone 5 and the Samsung Galaxy S4. Microsoft has already experimented with this model with Xbox 360, offering the console for just $99 with a two-year commitment to Xbox Live.

Xerous

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

It seems AlienWare has some big revealment at E3 I can only wonder what.

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France

Suprising no one posted the fact that Disney gave the Star Wars Licence game to EA. :fan

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

Well, they do make decent games but somehow I get the impression that star wars might be somewhat outside their area of expertize when it comes to developing. I won't rule them out yet but I am not optimistic either. I mean, its the fifa guys... their money maker year after year is the same game as the year before but with minor improvements.

Xerous

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

Well I did love the KOTOR series so my faith isn't shaken besides they'll have frostbite 3 and now I hear the creator of the AC series has been fired that's crazy I have to wonder why.

Last edited:

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Well, they do make decent games but somehow I get the impression that star wars might be somewhat outside their area of expertize when it comes to developing. I won't rule them out yet but I am not optimistic either. I mean, its the fifa guys... their money maker year after year is the same game as the year before but with minor improvements.
As an avid FIFA player, I can tell that there are often many modifications every two years or so. Saying it's the same game is not very honest. FIFA is also almost year after year the best sport game in the industry. I know it's starting to be cool to say that EA sucks but give the guys some credit. FIFA 12 was really a revolution.

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States

New info on Infamous: Second Son has been posted. The main character, Delsin Rowe, has the power of mimicry.

gematsu said:
The game follows inFAMOUS 2‘s good ending, where (spoilers incoming!) protagonist Cole McGrath sacrifices himself and other conduits to save humanity. Seven years have passed since then, and the surviving conduits are demonized as “bioterrorists” by the American media and feared by average citizens. To deal with these bioterrorists, the government has set up the Department of Unified Protection, a fast-responding and oppressive organization which actively identifies and holds without trial conduits in dedicated containment facilities.

After a transport vehicle crashes near Seattle, the conduits inside it escape, and the city is placed on lockdown, transformed into what Game Informer describes as “something that resembles an enormous airport” with “elevated walkways equipped with searchlights and security cameras” to help the DUP capture the escaped bioterrorists. Checkpoints, scanners, and supernatural power-detective finger-print devices are set up throughout the city, slowing down everyday life.

“The DUP is the TSA,” producer Brian Fleming told Game Informer, citing the game’s parallels to real-world, post-9/11 America.

---------- Post added May 11, 2013 at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was May 08, 2013 at 07:32 PM ----------

New Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 info have been posted. It's about the gameplay.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

A few years back Sony had an idea for a break-apart dualshock 3 pad, now a company called Mad Genius Controller have come up with a working prototype and they demonstrate it using Skyrim on XBOX360. It's quite cool, take a look:

For the full article, check here at engadget.

Tea Leaves

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe

Hey all.

So, a game I'm totally looking forward to, Among the Sleep, released a free alpha demo today via their Kickstarter page.

If you haven't heard about it, it's a first-person horror game where you play as toddler. Yes, a toddler. So the world is big and confusing, your overactive imagination fueling the frightening experiences. There are some jump scares of course, but beyond that, the environment is super creepy. Personally, I think it's amazing! :pleased

If this sort of thing is up your alley, please check it out!

Last edited:

Xerous

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

Full trailer in four days!

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States

Sony hinted at a new game called Panopticon:

Tea Leaves

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe

EA has decided to get rid of Online Passes.
Thank goodness. =w=;;

Speaking of publishers, Ubisoft recently put Patrice Désilets' personal project, 1666, on indefinite hold.

In case you're unaware, Mr. Désilets was the creative director for both Assassin's Creed and Assassin's Creed II. A few years ago he walked away from Ubisoft, and I believe in 2011, joined a THQ studio.

Late last year, THQ filed for chapter eleven bankruptcy, this followed by auctioning off its properties. Ubisoft happened to pick up quite of few of THQ's titles, 1666 among them. Almost immediately after this, Ubisoft fired Désilets, and just this week, (as stated earlier) put his project on hold.

Now there's some incredibly nasty rumors floating around that Ubisoft did this to keep 1666's IP, instead of canceling the the project altogether, which would return the copyright to Désilets via a contract. Come on Ubisoft, really? :notrust

I personally wasn't chopping at the bit for 1666 (though there's not a lot of info about it to get excited over), but I'm disappointed something so ugly is happening.

Well, at least there's more Scribblenausts coming! <3 Any game where I can solve a puzzle by utilizing dinosaurs is something I have to keep my eye on.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania

^^

Yeah that was indeed nasty...especially with not even letting him gather his personal belongings and getting thrown out by bodyguards....I was like :gwah...from my experience though, I would like to hear both versions of the story, if we ever get to details, cuz I doubt that Desilets was an innocent fairy...

riki

Storyteller
Reaction score
Country
United States

Konami will release a Metal Gear Sold: The Legacy Collection.

The collection will include:

• Metal Gear Solid
  • Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
  • Metal Gear Solid 2: HD Edition
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition
  • MGS3 includes MSX versions of Metal Gear 1 and 2
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition
  • Metal Gear Solid IV: Trophy Edition

as well as two Ashley Wood digital graphic novel and a 100-page artbook. It will be out in N. America for $50 on July 9th and Japan on July 11th. There is no announcement for an European release so far.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country

... I need that