Hangout - The Games Hangout Thread | Page 98 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout The Games Hangout Thread

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Forget all of that, where's the FFIX remake?

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just finished out The Quarry.

Damn, good game. Not quite Until Dawn good. But close enough that I feel like it's a conversation. Really good atmosphere and great acting. The only real criticism I have is that it needed a better and more fleshed out epilogue. House of Ashes did that much better and, to a lesser degree, so did Until Dawn.

Sanity Check

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Nice demo

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Looks like an inferior version of this

Not really sure if either game really exists or if it'll ever come out though...

Sanity Check

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

Free unreal engine assets for the month of july.

Best -free stuff- they're given away, ever.

🆓

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well this was unexpected...

..but not unwelcome. I assume all my JRPG playing fellows are aware of Tactics Ogre and it's been rereleased before but the addition of voice acting is pretty cool. This game was basically the story equivilant of Mass Effect long before Mass Effect was a thing and one I'd be interested to revisit, even though it's been remade a couple times.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's nonsense. For one thing, should the line for enjoying something that it must be one of the "Top 100 greatest moments in your life." How does that make sense? Is 99% of the food we eat, the sports we watch, the books we read, the movies we watch, the social events we attend, the music we listen to all a form of depression because they don't meet that standard? That's obviously absurd.

I enjoy cycling. It's something I do a lot of. I'm sure no bike ride I've ever taken would place in my top 100 greatest life moments either. So is cycling a form of depression now? That whole line of reasoning is just silly. It's ok to just enjoy things for what they are.

Enjoy life for what it is you know.

That said, I'm not a guy who has suffers from depression. Maybe there is a way somebody who does suffer from that affliction plays videogames that is more unhealthy. I've never walked a mile in those shoes. My advice would be do what you enjoy in your leisure time. And if you don't enjoy what you're doing do something else.

----------------------------

Having said that, I can think of some gaming moments that probably do crack the top 100 for me. I've had some long fun weekend gaming marathons in games like 7 Days to Die, with friends, that has been some of the most fun I think I've ever had. Those horde nights can be amazing. Or Ark when trying to tame some ridiculous thing.

Most gaming doesn't land that high for me but most everything else doesn't either. Top 100 greatest moments in your life is a high bar.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Though I should also probably admit that it has occasionally made it's way into my top worst moments. It's impossible to express how devastated I was when I reached the end of Mass Effect 3 and the story fell apart. That got a real genuine emotional reaction from me. Made me legitimately go through all 5 stages of grief afterward. As stupid as that sounds.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Wouldn't give that guy too much attention. He seems to run a celebrity/music news site and is clearly fishing for just traffic. He is just spouting nonsense and making everything fit his narrative.

That said My top 100 most likely does have some gaming moments. Of course there is the social aspect, playing with friends, their kids, my dad, my partner etc. But some solitary moments are up there as well. Like just cozying thorough early pandemic with Animal Crossing.

Besides a good game can be as impactful as any piece of art, a film or book, and I bet quite many people could have a experience or two like that in Top 100.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Finally a date for Zelda :Breath of the Wild 2 Tears of the Kingdom.

I almost lost hope after the Pikmin 4 announcement.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
@GrySun

Don't know much about this yet but.. looks like Fire Emblem to me so I'm in. Don't mind the idea of returning characters as an idea but we'll see how they execute that.

GrySun

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Japan
@GrySun

Don't know much about this yet but.. looks like Fire Emblem to me so I'm in. Don't mind the idea of returning characters as an idea but we'll see how they execute that.
Doesn‘t seem like they‘re “characters“, moreso like what they did in Mirage Sessions perhaps? I‘m very fine with that.

Most surprised by some skill-use that looks like it slashes through multiple enemies in a line. Could be like Gambits but possibly use those rings of characters than a battalion.

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Cyberpunk beta is finally over and they finally released the game. Been playing since patch 1.6 and it's great :hee

Reactions: z.5

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Can someone who played the games tell me what is the difference between Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal? Is the latter a sequel? What makes P5R different? I haven't played either but considering buying P5R.

Asako

Reaction score
Country
Tunisia
Can someone who played the games tell me what is the difference between Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal? Is the latter a sequel? What makes P5R different? I haven't played either but considering buying P5R.
More content, new main characters added, new endings added, easier game in gameplay but overall the same game

Persona 5 strikers is the one that is a sequel

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
More content, new main characters added, new endings added, easier game in gameplay but overall the same game

Persona 5 strikers is the one that is a sequel
So it's more of an update/revision not a sequel. Will I miss anything by just playing P5R?