Discussion - THE OFFICIAL SUZAKU THREAD(AND POTENTIAL FIRES REUNION) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion THE OFFICIAL SUZAKU THREAD(AND POTENTIAL FIRES REUNION)

Did suzaku capture your hearts

• Total voters

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
This is the official suzaku thread aka the vermilion dragon, we shall be discussing matters involving suzaku and FIRES. Suzaku gained notorious reputation by sending some fanbase into chaos and madness. Till this day people are still scared of suzaku and they'll do everything they can so suzaku's feat doesn't exist. He brought about the suzaku syndrome, there's no known cure for this syndrome, you can only cope as hard as you can you might be cured from the suzaku syndrome.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
But sadly this good character was retconned because the author of This manga created a character, whose name is selene and her abilities to distort transcended the 2-D world and was able to affect the author's brain. Suzaku was a victim of this retcon and sadly he fell off many people's list. But before this retcon he was just awesome and not to mention he's quite handsome.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

the rough as hell duos, THE FIRES a very cringe tag team name but a nice one. I hope we see more of super fires

Garmadooon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
The GOAT. :datass Destroying Natsu + Erza before they pull out their plot armor to the point that fodder Wendy has to heal them and match Human Selene is one of the best feats in the series.
The Fodder irrelevant 12 wankers can cope with that.

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
The GOAT. :datass Destroying Natsu + Erza before they pull out their plot armor to the point that fodder Wendy has to heal them and match Human Selene is one of the best feats in the series.
The Fodder irrelevant 12 wankers can cope with that.
Unfortunately like many other characters he’s probably go to be irrelevant in the future as well.

Garmadooon

Reaction score
Country
France
Unfortunately like many other characters he’s probably go to be irrelevant in the future as well.
:feelsbadman I hate Hiro for inventing 3 fodder at his level. And then he fell into simpism like many boys in this manga. Like I said, the kind of characters that Hiro can't handle the hype and powerlevel.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Eh I doubt that tho. He's like Selene's son know and he's got a fling with natsu so who knows. Or it could be that I'm just the one coping 😂

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
@grey matter you've left the fanclub :pwnge ?
I understand why tho so it's all good

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
10/10 until Mashima ruined his character for Selene retcon. Was the only new character in the spinoff that at least briefly made it to my top 10 favs in the series, the only new character I truly gave a damn about.

Currently 4/10

Only thing I like about this character at this point is how much various fanbases in this series cope over the fact that Suzaku destroys their fav.

:feelsbadman I hate Hiro for inventing 3 fodder at his level. And then he fell into simpism like many boys in this manga. Like I said, the kind of characters that Hiro can't handle the hype and powerlevel.
It's like the average fodder 12 leeching off God Serena's portrayal.
When GS has far better feats and portrayal himself.

Mashima does this often with characters having established feats/portrayal........have other characters leech off portrayal from them to have them be seen as a threat without any effort from his part.

You don't have to worry about that. At the end of the day, when all is said and done, Mashima makes it quite clear that the OG from whom portrayal is leeched is the one truly worthy of the hype.
- GS gets portrayed with Gildarts, no diff 3 GOI + Jura in base. No diff'd ISM Gajeel in spinoff, reiterated portrayal with Gildarts
- Suzaku gets the best feats by far in the entire spinoff from a non DG character bar DF Natsu, most plot relevance, paired with Natsu

I can maybe give prime Kirin benefit of doubt that he is potentially in same tier as Suzaku (mainly because we never got to see him go all out, he dominated Laxus before he got nerfed and then destroyed by a powered up Laxus). But other two? LOL
Suzaku did casually with one hit that Misaki couldn't with her damage output multiplied over several times 🤡

@grey matter you've left the fanclub :pwnge ?
I understand why tho so it's all good
I left when Mashima had Suzaku shit on his dead guild master to further push Selene's retcon down our throat. And then further sucking up to Selene ........ -_-

That was pure character assassination, can't respect Suzaku after that.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Only thing I like about this character at this point is how much various fanbases in this series cope over the fact that Suzaku destroys their fav
Lol isn't that why most people like him. People still having meltdown till this day 😂😂 over a character getting feats without POF BS so sad. Lol imagine if suzaku comes back and upstage what he did in labyrinth and elentear 🤣

Even now the s12 wankers claim that they are still equals. When a whole year has passed. GS isn't even a s12 anymore, he's part of gold owl guild
--- Double Post Merged, ---

10/10 until Mashima ruined his character for Selene retcon. Was the only new character in the spinoff that at least briefly made it to my top 10 favs in the series, the only new character I truly gave a damn about.

Currently 4/10

Only thing I like about this character at this point is how much various fanbases in this series cope over the fact that Suzaku destroys their fav.

Mashima does this often with characters having established feats/portrayal........have other characters leech off portrayal from them to have them be seen as a threat without any effort from his part.

You don't have to worry about that. At the end of the day, when all is said and done, Mashima makes it quite clear that the OG from whom portrayal is leeched is the one truly worthy of the hype.
- GS gets portrayed with Gildarts, no diff 3 GOI + Jura in base. No diff'd ISM Gajeel in spinoff, reiterated portrayal with Gildarts
- Suzaku gets the best feats by far in the entire spinoff from a non DG character bar DF Natsu, most plot relevance, paired with Natsu

I can maybe give prime Kirin benefit of doubt that he is potentially in same tier as Suzaku (mainly because we never got to see him go all out, he dominated Laxus before he got nerfed and then destroyed by a powered up Laxus). But other two? LOL
Suzaku did casually with one hit that Misaki couldn't with her damage output multiplied over several times 🤡

I left when Mashima had Suzaku shit on his dead guild master to further push Selene's retcon down our throat. And then further sucking up to Selene ........ -_-

That was pure character assassination, can't respect Suzaku after that.
What about FIRES REUNION? Any chance it could happen again. Atleast mashima should give us this duo one last time.

FireIce

Reaction score
Country
France
Even now the s12 wankers claim that they are still equals. When a whole year has passed. GS isn't even a s12 anymore, he's part of gold owl guild
God Serena would clown any Spriggan bar the top 2 given how easily he handled Gajeel.

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
To me that’s just lazy writing but at the same time feats sometimes don’t matter because people will downgrade them if they’re not good enough

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Brandish´s "ThE sP12 aRe EqUaL" was outdated the moment she also claimed Irene/August are on a different level.GS shits on most of the SP12 and its not even close.
Yeah,i agree with Prime Kirin being on par with Suzaku but not fucking Haku and Misaki
Most shameless retcon Hiro ever did.Kiria jumped in front of Dragon Selene out of pure rage after George got killed.Suzaku was always loyal.But nah,fucking Selene has to stay because muh big tits

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Brandish´s "ThE sP12 aRe EqUaL" was outdated the moment she also claimed Irene/August are on a different level.GS shits on most of the SP12 and its not even close.

Yeah,i agree with Prime Kirin being on par with Suzaku but not fucking Haku and Misaki

Most shameless retcon Hiro ever did.Kiria jumped in front of Dragon Selene out of pure rage after George got killed.Suzaku was always loyal.But nah,fucking Selene has to stay because muh big tits
That doesn’t really make the rest not equal to her, she just said that Irene and August are stronger than the rest. GS hasn’t really done anything note worthy that puts him above the rest of the Spriggans.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
God Serena would clown any Spriggan bar the top 2 given how easily he handled Gajeel.
Feats are not even a contest.

You have Erza who lost 3v1 against Azuma + Ikaruga + Kyouka in a mid diff. Yeah, she was injured, but nothing worse than her state when she started fight against Eileen

God Serena in his base, no diff'd 3GOI + Jura who are collectively >>> the trio Erza faced. The weakest amongst them - Jura > the strongest amongst trio - Kyouka.
God Serena no diff'd x793 ISM Gajeel, who scales to x793 LFD Natsu

x792 base Gajeel matched roar with Bradman, supposedly God Serena's "equal" 🤡
I for one think GS got stronger due to whatever the Duke did. But so did Gajeel, basic powercreep between x792 and x793. GS faced a far stronger Gajeel than Bradman faced, and no diff'd him.

To me that’s just lazy writing but at the same time feats sometimes don’t matter because people will downgrade them if they’re not good enough
Downgrading when feats are shit is what people without agendas will do. But as you can see, there is too much agenda at play within this fanbase lmao

Portrayal truly has only mattered amongst the "good guys", that is the only relative portrayal Mashima respects and is adamant on preserving. Stuff like:
- Gildarts will be strongest (bar DF Natsu), no matter what. Which is why he's just getting stronger along with others as a middle aged dude.
- Natsu/Gajeel/Gray will always be comparable in their base
- Laxus/Jellal will always be comparable, right now can add Erza there trailing
- Mira will be somewhat relative to Erza even if she's trailing
Portrayal here is important for Mashima, because they are recurring characters.

Portrayal for villains is different, it serve primarily one purpose for Mashima - to act as a hype tool.
Mashima doesn't want to bother with building hype for multiple villains, so he uses a villain with established hype and/or feats to build hype for others without putting effort.
Mashima doesn't care beyond that, because villains are for the most part one time usage characters, so once they serve their purpose, their hype is of no value to him. He just wants the villains to have some hype before they fight the "good guys" and serve their purpose, after which they are mostly just irrelevant.
This is why the OGs shit on the leeches, once everything is said and done:
- God Serena to average Spriggans
- August to Eileen, and Larcade
- Acnologia to dragon Gods (Ignia will be a possible exception because he is actually relevant)
- Suzaku to other BDSK (Kirin is a possible exception)

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
Downgrading when feats are shit is what people without agendas will do. But as you can see, there is too much agenda at play within this fanbase lmao
like how most people will downgrade characters they hate no matter what

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Nothing really says that GS could clown the other Spriggans since they are equal to each other Other than the top 2 (possibly 3). Gajeel did not have an affinity advantage or power up to match a Spriggan strength at the time like he did with Bloodman.

FireIce

Reaction score
Country
France
Nothing really says that GS could clown the other Spriggans since they are equal to each other Other than the top 2 (possibly 3). Gajeel did not have an affinity advantage or power up to match a Spriggan strength at the time like he did with Bloodman.
Gajeel only struggled against Bloodman because he couldn't touch him. Once he could, Bloodman was easily destroyed. His black iron form was never stated to be a power-up nor to have made him stronger. The explanation is that Gajeel changed his metabolism in order to touch Bloodman. He can't even have become stronger as he ate demon particles which were stated to weaken wizards.

God Serena > Gajeel > Spriggans (bar August and Irene)

WoWfan

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Gajeel only struggled against Bloodman because he couldn't touch him. Once he could, Bloodman was easily destroyed. His black iron form was never stated to be a power-up nor to have made him stronger. The explanation is that Gajeel changed his metabolism in order to touch Bloodman. He can't even have become stronger as he ate demon particles which were stated to weaken wizards.

God Serena > Gajeel > Spriggans (bar August and Irene)
Incorrect, he did touch him, but only for rare opportunities, Bloodman survived direct hits from Gajeel who even had his Iron Scales up. First it was with being caught off guard and even caught his punch The second time. That shows he has physical capabilities. His Black Iron form is a power up as he ate the Iron that was from Bloodman, and eating one’s elements makes one more powerful, being able to hit him more often is a bonus which he couldn’t win unless he was stronger. Wendy became stronger when she ate Particles that erases magic That leads to people to fall ill, this is no different.

GS = Spriggans (Bar Irene, August and Larcade) > Base Gajeel.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I like Suzaku. His powers, the names of his spells, his designs.... Only thing I dislike is his long eyelashes.