Anime - The Seven Deadly Sins: Grudge of Edinburgh (2022) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime The Seven Deadly Sins: Grudge of Edinburgh (2022)

Did you like the movie? (Part 2)

• Yes.

• No.

• Was average.

• Can't bring myself to watch it because of the CGI.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vizard

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Genosha

The two-part movie will feature an original story written by Suzuki, centering Meliodas's son, Tristan.
The first part will premiere worldwide exclusively on Netflix in 2022.

Chief Director: Noriyuki Abe
Director: Bob Shirahata
Script: Rintarou Ikeda
Studio: Alfred Imageworks, Marvy Jack

Tristan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I've just noticed that Tristan created Seven stars to attack those demon-like soldiers. Maybe the producers want to show he's carrying the will of the 7DS

Last edited:

Rizaadxn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just noticed that Tristan created Seven stars to attack those demon-like soldiers. Maybe the producers want to show he's carrying the will of the 7DS
Well he did say he wanted to be one of the 7 Sins so it would make sense.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
How can Tristan even have a hurtful past? He is a prince, he has friends, loving parents and he has potentials. I don't think there is heavy Demon racism in the kingdom led by a Demon and who is acknowledged as a hero.

Same for protection of his family. His parents are Meliodas and Elizabeth. Unless he gets a little brother/sister it's hard to imagine.

Last edited:

sayan pal

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
it be happy ending, tristan be alive and be hero of 4koa

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Oh god the animation...

Is this show, even the sequel, cursed to have bad animation no matter what?

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
Here are the sketches in better quality (click to enlarge):

Translation:
Left:
Hold on, hold on!! Stop!!
I won't fight back!! I will behave!! So please stop attacking!!

Top right:
Eeeeh!?

Middle right:
Don't be so pig-headed!!

Bottom right:
We're gonna get caught in that...

Translation:
Left:
The Sven Deadly Sins!
Hm?

Middle:
Queen of Giants!!
Hey, you guys... have you seen my kids around here?
[Third bubble is incomplete, all it shows is "earlier".]
Queen Diane!!

Right:
...what?
...is something the matter, Ban...?

Translation:
Top:
The direction from which that magic power was emitted is...!!

Bottom:
Yah!!

Last edited:

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
How can Tristan even have a hurtful past? He is a prince, he has friends, loving parents and he has potentials. I don't think there is heavy Demon racism in the kingdom led by a Demon and who is acknowledged as a hero.

Same for protection of his family. His parents are Meliodas and Elizabeth. Unless he gets a little brother/sister it's hard to imagine.
Maybe Mel/Elizabeth died or one of them was killed by Arthur (which let's be honest, Eliz would be killed off first).

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I really hope that Mael (possibly the current SD) makes an appearance in this movie. I'd like to see how he & Tristan would react to each other.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Did Tristan just Grand Chariot those people?!? LMAO, just when I thought Nakaba couldn't disappoint me more. I wonder if Mashima will feel flattered. And Tristan's CGI model looks worse than his deen 2D version, imho...
:heh I see Kiane were busy, lol, busier than Melizabeth and Banlaine...I assume the"fairy" kids in the back are theirs and Diane is looking for them...

EDIT: Just noticed he's got triskele in both eyes and is using only Ark and its variations, can he swap around the inherited powers? Going by that KoA prophecy I'd thought they were somehow mixed into something new, like his parents' God Slayer combined skill.

Last edited:

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Oh, a new fairy/giant, they don't look anything like King and Diane but they share the same race, therefore it's their kid

Gosh, this is like the "Dolores is a Giant so there must be King and Diane's daughter" situation again... :fail

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Did Tristan just Grand Chariot those people?!? LMAO, just when I thought Nakaba couldn't disappoint me more. I wonder if Mashima will feel flattered. And Tristan's CGI model looks worse than his deen 2D version, imho...
:heh I see Kiane were busy, lol, busier than Melizabeth and Banlaine...I assume the"fairy" kids in the back are theirs and Diane is looking for them...

EDIT: Just noticed he's got triskele in both eyes and is using only Ark and its variations, can he swap around the inherited powers? Going by that KoA prophecy I'd thought they were somehow mixed into something new, like his parents' God Slayer combined skill.
This is an NnT movie, so it's more like a backstory for Tristan imo. By the time he appears in the sequel, he might be a mixed entity capable of controlling both powers at the same time.
There was also that Netflix tweet addressing his unability to control demon powers.
We can always expect MnYK Tristan to be a more mature and experienced character compared to NnT Trsitan.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This is an NnT movie, so it's more like a backstory for Tristan imo. By the time he appears in the sequel, he might be a mixed entity capable of controlling both powers at the same time.
There was also that Netflix tweet addressing his unability to control demon powers.
We can always expect MnYK Tristan to be a more mature and experienced character compared to NnT Trsitan.
I don't know about maturity but more experienced definitely. IIRC the description was that he has both darkness and light in his eyes. In the trailer he only has light, because he is only able to control Ark probably. I guess he'll learn to use PoD in this movie.

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Oh, a new fairy/giant, they don't look anything like King and Diane but they share the same race, therefore it's their kid

Gosh, this is like the "Dolores is a Giant so there must be King and Diane's daughter" situation again... :fail
I'm afraid it doesn't work like that ma'am!
Percival looks like Mel, and Nascien looks like a combination of King and Diane more than anyone else. I got to know about the latter thanks to your own efforts.
However, it's hard to believe Percy is Mel's boy, or Nascien is the son of Kiane, right?

While these guys don't look like King or Diane, they are among the most important characters of this movie. Tristan's encounter with them is also supposed to be a major event in his life.
The kids are seemingly caught in a fight or something, and Diane is simultaneously searching for her children.

I don't see why one should not consider the obvious possibility here, but I'm more curious to know why you are against it :hmm

Shouldn't the possibility of their appearance be to your liking as a Kiane fan? Honestly, I don't know how I will react to any news of the next Sunshine host when the time comes, but I can say many of us want Nakaba to stay away from our favorite story element as much as possible lol.

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Shouldn't the possibility of their appearance be to your liking as a Kiane fan? Honestly, I don't know how I will react to any news of the next Sunshine host when the time comes, but I can say many of us want Nakaba to stay away from our favorite story element as much as possible lol.
Wow... all that just because I said this one (for example) is not their kid? ( Not to mention they are announced directly as "Giant and Fairy boys and girls")

You're right, it's very crazy to actually think they might not be huh
I may be a fan but at least I am not pointing out each new fairy or giant I see without considering other facts we should take imo.

Who knows, maybe it's their "fairy transformations" and they will actually reveal their real forms later.

But I think it's totally logic to believe they're not their kids, just 3 fairies and a giant as the announcement says, who will became friends with Tristan. It doesnt matter if you're a fan of the parents or not.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The two little Fairies definitely look too unimportant. I don't want any of them to be their kids and I find it unlikely, but I think the possibility that the one in the middle is one isn't nil. I hope he isn't though.

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Wow... all that just because I said this one (for example) is not their kid? ( Not to mention they are announced directly as "Giant and Fairy boys and girls")

You're right, it's very crazy to actually think they might not be huh
I may be a fan but at least I am not pointing out each new fairy or giant I see without considering other facts we should take imo.

Who knows, maybe it's their "fairy transformations" and they will actually reveal their real forms later.

But I think it's totally logic to believe they're not their kids, just 3 fairies and a giant as the announcement says, who will became friends with Tristan. It doesnt matter if you're a fan of the parents or not.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it's crazy to think they are independent characters. It's always good to consider alternative possibilities. I just expected you to be a proponent of Kiane kids theory.
So the question is what's the problem with these kids?

Design? Debut in a side story? The possibility of them being a non-KotA side character?

Besides, doesn it make sense to mention them for a second time without revealing them? I mean we already know based on the final chapter of NnT, that they at least have a kid. They were mentioned but not shown. Now they are mentioned again in a movie, but four irrelevant kids are used in announcement material?
I'd say it's more like mockery if Nakaba does mess with Kiane kids this much.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania

My reaction is based on the teasers actually pointing out that Kiane have more than 1 child and that she's looking for them in the human world...along with the fact that, even if more cartoonish, the 2 kids in the back have designs more strongly inspired by King's, Diane's, and even Helbram's(y'know, King's original best friend) than Dolores ever had...sure, I may end up being wrong, but if this pv and sketches are teasing an introduction of Kiane's offspring among the first things ever released, and they do show us 2 kids who resemble them, even if not in Xerox copy format(which is actually good), it's only natural that people would try and figure out which of the kids shown could possibly be them.

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying it's crazy to think they are independent characters. It's always good to consider alternative possibilities. I just expected you to be a proponent of Kiane kids theory.
So the question is what's the problem with these kids?

Design? Debut in a side story? The possibility of them being a non-KotA side character?

Besides, doesn it make sense to mention them for a second time without revealing them? I mean we already know based on the final chapter of NnT, that they at least have a kid. They were mentioned but not shown. Now they are mentioned again in a movie, but four irrelevant kids are used in announcement material?
I'd say it's more like mockery if Nakaba does mess with Kiane kids this much.
simply none of those four are represented with any physical or facial features that matched King and Diane. And when I say none, it is literally none. For saying something, the only thing they share is the race. What they are wearing and what hairstyle they have doesn't really matter much more than a simple anecdote. We are talking about descendants. Both Tristan and Lancelot have been clearly designed only through physical traits inherited from father and mother. Nakaba himself has done so. So it seems practically impossible for two people like King and Díane to have descendants like those 4. Four kids and all got a hair of all the colors of the rainbow except those of the parents themselves? Eye shapes and colors of all kinds except the parents’ themselves? Pointy ears when both dad and mom have normal ears?

Come on, I don't think Nakaba has strayed that far from the concept of genetic inheritance after getting it right with Tristan and Lancelot.
Dolores’ case was the same. She didn’t share any trait with them but yet people believed she was their daughter just because of her name. Yeah it’s difficult to guess who are their children based on designs, but it’s pretty easy to recognize at least who is not a possible kid.

Again, the announcement itself says they are just fairies and a giant who will be a key for Tristan’s role. That’s all and there’s nothing wrong in that. King’s children are not even introduced properly here (it’s even hard to read Diane’s sketch on the original page due the size of the same), but don’t worry the announcement itself says we will get more info and news through the magazine and Twitter.
Remember, Dahlia, Dubs and the Supreme Deity were not revealed on the first announcement of Cursed by Light ;)

Or who knows, maybe their kids will actually never appear during the Part 1 of the movie and it’s all Nakaba having fun to extend the long-awaited debut to Part 2. The worst thing is… I can see that happening 😂 It’s already a mockery for him since long ago…

Last edited: