Anime - The Seven Deadly Sins: Grudge of Edinburgh (2022) | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime The Seven Deadly Sins: Grudge of Edinburgh (2022)

Did you like the movie? (Part 2)

• Yes.

• No.

• Was average.

• Can't bring myself to watch it because of the CGI.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Giuliana De Giuseppe

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Nakaba has been spewing data on King and Diane's children during interviews for a long time, keeping a kind of secret (who knows why) that exhausts anyone.

So why would one day, just with the ad, he would only show the designs of his children? I mean, he could have said it when he finished the main manga, but for some reason, he didn't.

In addition, if we go to the aesthetics of those fairies presented, they respond more to the designs of Puora and Ende, they have little to do with King or Diane who have more "human" features (because they lived with their clans) than the rest.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Nakaba has been spewing data on King and Diane's children during interviews for a long time, keeping a kind of secret (who knows why) that exhausts anyone.

So why would one day, just with the ad, he would only show the designs of his children? I mean, he could have said it when he finished the main manga, but for some reason, he didn't.

In addition, if we go to the aesthetics of those fairies presented, they respond more to the designs of Puora and Ende, they have little to do with King or Diane who have more "human" features (because they lived with their clans) than the rest.
I understand that reasoning and I doubt they are their kids but isn't the reveal of Tristan's design as a teenager kinda similar? I don't think anyone expected to see him appear in a movie first. And unless one of their kids ends up becoming the fourth KoA, he will be more important.

Giuliana De Giuseppe

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
I understand that reasoning and I doubt they are their kids but isn't the reveal of Tristan's design as a teenager kinda similar? I don't think anyone expected to see him appear in a movie first. And unless one of their kids ends up becoming the fourth KoA, he will be more important.
The presentation and display of Tristan's design is completely different for this purpose. Here, Tristan's thing is to show who will have the leading role in this new production.

(Well, in fact, nobody expected that there would be another film within the "NNT" stage, but that's another story).

Mighty Escanor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
simply none of those four are represented with any physical or facial features that matched King and Diane. And when I say none, it is literally none. For saying something, the only thing they share is the race. What they are wearing and what hairstyle they have doesn't really matter much more than a simple anecdote. We are talking about descendants. Both Tristan and Lancelot have been clearly designed only through physical traits inherited from father and mother. Nakaba himself has done so. So it seems practically impossible for two people like King and Díane to have descendants like those 4. Four kids and all got a hair of all the colors of the rainbow except those of the parents themselves? Eye shapes and colors of all kinds except the parents’ themselves? Pointy ears when both dad and mom have normal ears?

Come on, I don't think Nakaba has strayed that far from the concept of genetic inheritance after getting it right with Tristan and Lancelot.
Dolores’ case was the same. She didn’t share any trait with them but yet people believed she was their daughter just because of her name. Yeah it’s difficult to guess who are their children based on designs, but it’s pretty easy to recognize at least who is not a possible kid.

Again, the announcement itself says they are just fairies and a giant who will be a key for Tristan’s role. That’s all and there’s nothing wrong in that. King’s children are not even introduced properly here (it’s even hard to read Diane’s sketch on the original page due the size of the same), but don’t worry the announcement itself says we will get more info and news through the magazine and Twitter.
Remember, Dahlia, Dubs and the Supreme Deity were not revealed on the first announcement of Cursed by Light ;)

Or who knows, maybe their kids will actually never appear during the Part 1 of the movie and it’s all Nakaba having fun to extend the long-awaited debut to Part 2. The worst thing is… I can see that happening 😂 It’s already a mockery for him since long ago…
So you find their designs so irrelevant, and you believe there's always a part two four their debut huh?
Now this can lead to a coherent theory of what their role will be in the new project.
I might like it myself.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Secret or less pivotal is an important distinction here.
Nakaba insisted on including Tristan in NnT, but just entioned Lancelot by name.
Then he focused on Lancelot in a one shot, still no sign of Kiane kids.

It's the second side story focusing on children of SDS, and Kiane kids are heavily addressed in the early announcements. I don't see any secrecy here, he was probably waiting for the right moment to include them in a story, rather than revealing everything about them in an interview or Q/A part.

NnT manga: Tristan
One shot: Lancelot
Grudge of Edinburgh: Kiane kids probably

And don't forget there's another child who is even less known but not necessarily more mysterious than Kiane kids. I guess the next focus on the offsprings will tell us more about Zelda's kid as the other hybrid(?) Character.

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
And don't forget there's another child who is even less known but not necessarily more mysterious than Kiane kids. I guess the next focus on the offsprings will tell us more about Zelda's kid as the other hybrid(?) Character.
When was confirmed they had a child? Just asking 'cause maybe I missed something during the last year
I remember Nakaba only mentioned 3 kind of first hybrids from interclan births on an interview after NNT finished.

Translation (made by FKS long ago):
(About chapter 345)
Q: Elaine became pregnant. Are interclan childbirths rare?
A: Every one of them is the first. Children from a Human and a Fairy, from a Goddess and a Demon and from a Giant and a Fairy are the first ones. Oh of course, King and Diane should also be expecting a child.

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
When was confirmed they had a child?
I remember Nakaba only mentioned 3 kind of first hybrids from interclan births on an interview after NNT finished.

Translation (made by FKS long ago):
(About chapter 345)
Q: Elaine became pregnant. Are interclan childbirths rare?
A: Every one of them is the first. Children from a Human and a Fairy, from a Goddess and a Demon and from a Giant and a Fairy are the first ones. Oh of course, King and Diane should also be expecting a child.
Because it's not confirmed, I put an (?) in the second part of my post. However, the final arc of NnT and Cursed by Light proved to us that Zel is not any less than a deuteragonist to NnT. Nakaba would never care about the descendants of non-Mel kids more than Zel and Gelda's. Mark my word!

However, the main point was about this assigned SECRECY that is non-existent as far as the patterns imply.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Because it's not confirmed, I put an (?) in the second part of my post. However, the final arc of NnT and Cursed by Light proved to us that Zel is not any less than a deuteragonist to NnT. Nakaba would never care about the descendants of non-Mel kids more than Zel and Gelda's. Mark my word!

However, the main point was about this assigned SECRECY that is non-existent as far as the patterns imply.
Zeldris was important in this movie but he is not important enough overall to count as a deuteragonist. The Sins will always be more important than him. He simply was the deuteragonist in that movie.

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Zeldris was important in this movie but he is not important enough overall to count as a deuteragonist. The Sins will always be more important than him. He simply was the deuteragonist in that movie.
And that's why I used "not less of a" instead of "is" lol.

We'll see if Nakaba shares the same idea with you folk and considers King of Fairies more important than King of Demons!

However, my main point was to ask people not to overhype their kids as super mysterious characters because they are not like that. If that's so hard to understand or you guys like to stay away from discussions you are destined to fail at, it's better to drop the discussion!
@Demonspeed @Redworld96

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
The fact that only Tristan (MC), Deathpierce (Main villain) & those 4 "giant & fairy" kids got their designs coloured in that Promo, makes me think these kids could really be King & Diane's hybrid children. If they were just a bunch of random characters they wouldn't have gotten their coloured designs put alongside Tristan & Deathpierce in that promo.

Last edited:

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Or maybe these kids maybe children of other fairy and giant parents since after king and Diane, marriage between giants and fairies might have been legalized among them and such these hybrid kids of fairies and giants are from other parents and not king and Diane

HHellenn

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
NnT manga: Tristan
One shot: Lancelot
Grudge of Edinburgh: Kiane kids probably
The first and the second is manga, why the third becomes an exception - the movie?

Mighty Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
The first and the second is manga, why the third becomes an exception - the movie?
By WHY, do you mean why I think that's case, or why should Nakaba do it? I answer both of them though!

1. Based on FKS's post, Diane is searching for her children. If they were gonna be absent from the movie, there was no need to put those lines in early promo material. The movie would be enough to raise anticipation. Why should they specifically leak such data if the movie is not gonna provide more useful information? Not to mention that GoE is a two part project.
These four kids might be Kiane's or not, but it's highly possible that they will appear in the movie IF NOT APPEAR EARLIER IN SEQUEL MANGA.

2. Why should Nakaba choose a movie for thier debut?
The only person who can answer this question with one hundred percent certainty is Nakaba himself, but we can guess why should he be doing that IF THAT'S REALLY THE CASE.
First of all, let's make a more practical distinction. We have two types of dualities here:
a. Main story vs Side story
b. Manga vs Original anime

Among the most prominent characters debuted in a side story are Escanor, Zelda, and Lancelot (One may count Dahila and Dabuzu as well). Kiane kids may get added to this list if we see them for the first time in NnT: GoE.
There could be several reasons why they should appear in a side story. For example, if they are gonna have significant ties to Trisran, a side story in which Tristan is the protagonist is a better place rather than a manga featuring Percival as the protag.
The relative independence of a side story also makes it a perfect place to start a side plot in complex stories like NnT and 4Kishi. Tristan can find a lover or some close friends in GoE and appear alongside them in 4KotA without causing any confusion or any kind of unneeded mystery! And if any of Kiane kids happen to be among those characters, the perfect place for their debut would be this very side story.

Why should it be an anime project instead of a manga chapter/one shot. Nakaba is a known author and has a legendary studio the almighty Marvy Jack by his side. They are alway ready to shit on Nakaba's work and turn it into an animated shit!
A little extra money is spend compared to a simple manga chapter, but more people will know about continuation of NnT after watching young Tristan in it. It will ultimately be more effective in the long term and increase the income.
Long story short, anime or manga is a question of finance and marketing more than anything else, and it has very little to do with the artistic aspects of characters, their first appearances and their role in the story.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Or maybe these kids maybe children of other fairy and giant parents since after king and Diane, marriage between giants and fairies might have been legalized among them and such these hybrid kids of fairies and giants are from other parents and not king and Diane
LOL legalized? :XD It was never forbidden to begin with. Yes, there could be more Giants and Fairies couple since their two leaders are together but it's not like it was taboo in the past. None of them make me think they could be hybrids excepted the one in the middle.

MonsterEnvy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I am kind of annoyed the Deathpierce thing is being wasted on a movie instead of in the sequel.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It will most likely be further explored in the manga.

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Deathpierce is supposed to be dealt with in this bipartite movie, which takes place some point before the beginning of MnY.
The enemy of Tristan among Arthur's knights is probably gonna be Nanashi, because of his mysterious background as a "fallen goddess".
1- Percival vs Ironside
2- Tristan vs Nanashi
3- Lancelot vs Gawain
4- ?? vs ??

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Deathpierce is supposed to be dealt with in this bipartite movie, which takes place some point before the beginning of MnY.
The enemy of Tristan among Arthur's knights is probably gonna be Nanashi, because of his mysterious background as a "fallen goddess".
1- Percival vs Ironside
2- Tristan vs Nanashi
3- Lancelot vs Gawain
4- ?? vs ??
Gawain will fight Green Knight

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
1- Percival vs Ironside
2- Tristan vs Nanashi
3- Lancelot vs Gawain
4- ?? vs ??
So you don't think Gawain is one of the KoA? Ironside being there is rather strange. I don't believe he will stay a threat to Percival for too long but you never know with Arthur's powers.