Anime - The Seven Deadly Sins: Grudge of Edinburgh (2022) | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime The Seven Deadly Sins: Grudge of Edinburgh (2022)

Did you like the movie? (Part 2)

• Yes.

• No.

• Was average.

• Can't bring myself to watch it because of the CGI.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mighty Escanor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I enjoyed the movie. The CGI was better than expected, music was good as always, and the intended story was nicely concluded.

Nobody was actually killed throughout the movie which means Death Pierce has a higher chance of redemption.

Elizabeth had her moment, not the best performance, but good enough imo.

Ban's reaction to the name of the horse was hilarious. Mel acting like he understands the horse was funny.

No mention of Invisible, not mention of Kiane kid, no mention of the current demon king! I don't know about the head of goddess clan, no mention of Mael btw.

I hoped Death Pierce would say something at the end, but no.

The focus shifted to Lancelot at the end. I think it was their way of telling us that the next movie project is about Lancelot and Jericho. A story to connect Lancelot special chapter to the plot of MnYK.

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I swear we learn new things from King in ever movie. I don't remember seeing him talk to animals before.
not at all...its in nnt as well....every fairy can....or we've seen the two royal fairies do it....I was expecting king to do it and I'm glad nakaba didn't forget it when mel failed

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
not at all...its in nnt as well....every fairy can....or we've seen the two royal fairies do it....I was expecting king to do it and I'm glad nakaba didn't forget it when mel failed
Really? I don't remember King or Elaine talking to an animal who wasn't Oslow(disregarding Hawk of course).

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Really? I don't remember King or Elaine talking to an animal who wasn't Oslow(disregarding Hawk of course).
Doesn't the fairy race literally speak to the trees and shit, I wouldn't find animals to be odd at all lol

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Doesn't the fairy race literally speak to the trees and shit, I wouldn't find animals to be odd at all lol
Well, they control plants to an extent and are born from trees so speaking to trees isn't less surprising.

Undina

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
So, I finally watched it last night...was more disappointed with it than with Part 1. It had okay-ish comedic moments...amongst which 1 good ol' facepalm one:
Diane, honey, them Chicken Matangos are your husband's subjects, so don't sound so defeated about the minimum tablets :facepalm
I liked that one sign of childish silliness from Lance as he was carrying Escanor and Tristan...gave me a bit of the vibes Asta and Liebe( Black Clover) and their antics during their first training together were throwing around, i.e. brotherly goofs playing around.
I'm split on the nostalgic Diane throw(kinda emarrassing that that was the only relevance they could give her...aside from carrying Elizabeth around), but, eh, it's nostalgic...would've loved to see her rampaging on bug-like empties more, though.
King reminding us of his versatility was cool, it helps his new image grow on me and my properly seeing him as an "adult"...the hair is still annoying.
Uncle Gowther is pretty awesome, he really has a gift with kids, huh?
Ban, Ban, wth, Ban?! You're supposed to show more disappointment at your kid avoiding you like the plague, and trusting Jericho too much, dude...which leads to my growing annoyance with Lance. IK he's being portrayed like a kuudere, but too much is too much, kid. Or, sould I say Nakaba?
And now he really does come off as overall arrogant and know-it-all and needs a spanky from good ole Tom, back in the manga.
Elizabeth...missed you handing out b*tchslaps, but you're a queen now... still love the Hikari Are.
Meliodas...mmyeah...so they couldn't handle giving Tristan a more fitting mark, messier, more similar to what he later has...but they were sure able to chibify Meliodas' model and have him shove his face into Elizabeth's chest :epicfacepalm Meanwhile, the pattern on Tristan's face giving off
somehow. Or a ventriloquist dummy... thanfully his PoD wings and hellfire imbuement on the swords looked more...organic...if only a little.

Idk why I expected Shining Road to be coloured golden or silver...like actual light...but ok...

And Idk what theme was that they gave Tristan...it sounds like a hodge-podge of too many past references...and nothing at all.

Oh, forgot about this bit...so they show the kidnapping victims (other than the demons...who are set back to being a-holey to the other races just cause 1 human was godawful...nevermind what their own superiors, like Monspeet and Derrieri, did to them during the HW2...lame set up for the current manga arc exacerbated dissent)....so, anyway, they show these random giants and fairies returning to say thanks, but not a hint of what happened to the rest of the Pleiades once they left Edinburgh and DP?!
Not an explanation on what that other dimension was( the edge of Camelot?)...Is this how they plan to explain Thetis' barrier theory? Were the boys temporarily pulled in there?
Also, way to establish more acceptable grounds for Tristan's insecurities setback...not a clear reaction of his to seeing a replica of his aunt and a demoness he should know died to protect his mom and might resemble some girl his age in the neighbourhood...yeah...none of that, just generic compassion...but Mel makes him aware he's proud of him...and then he's setback how?!? Way to drop the ball on character writing...the MC at that.

Last edited:

Jdmp53

Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Well, they control plants to an extent and are born from trees so speaking to trees isn't less surprising.
It was in a q&a iirc...where its revealed he can talk to animals but hawk mama was an exception...later we knew the reason

Found it...
ST(Q26): Can King and Elaine talk with every animal?
-Yes. Except for Hawk Mama
Vampire Edinbourgh section Q&A(Chpt 119.1)