Anime - The Seven Deadly Sins: Grudge of Edinburgh (2022) | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime The Seven Deadly Sins: Grudge of Edinburgh (2022)

Did you like the movie? (Part 2)

• Yes.

• No.

• Was average.

• Can't bring myself to watch it because of the CGI.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
None so far. The Elizabeth issue should supposedly be solved
via either goddess magic, or fairy magic...and they already called King in
Isn't Elizabeth a Goddess, a top tier healer as well? Can't she just heal herself!?

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
From Yuuhei Takagi:

TL:
For me, the Seven Deadly Sins is a reassuring place like a home.
They are a place where I can think "I've returned again" like we'd been travelling together until very recently even though it's been a year since the recording, and I consider myself one of the Sins.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Isn't Elizabeth a Goddess, a top tier healer as well? Can't she just heal herself!?
Hendy said she should be able to, but she's too weakened
(it's a Curse cast with a Chaos Staff, though, so self-purge might be tricky even for top tier goddesses like Ellie or the AAs)
. Tristan tried too, and we ended up with a scene calling back to Elizabeth's attempt to undo the one Zeldris cast on Merlin,
only he faced off with the Chaos Knight(?) who brought DP the Chaos Staff with which he does his villain job, and it makes me wonder who's gonna be Tris' actual opponent, DP or that mage
. That CK has a fricken' disgusting helmet...and I think it might be a woman...they were wearing lipstick when the "helmet"..."opened"-_-; Doubt it's Merlin, though, she might go on with her bad taste in fashion, but she should know when to put an end to cursing Nee-nee.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

14 years old Tristan Demon power activated automatically during the middle of the fight
That was relatively 10 years old Tristan, at 14 he can already fight it off/stall it, if he so chooses. That's why Lance finished that fight for him and revealed himself, Tristan was leaving himself open by fighting off the mode.

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Now, since it's official that Tristan has got the power of Full Counter, do you think that he could potentially use both the Magical and Physical versions at some point? I mean, his whole existence is based on binary opposition: Light and Dark, goddess and demon, can use both hands (ambidextrous) ... and his swords are named Mael and Estarossa for a REASON. what do you guys think about that?
Maybe.

That would be the teenage angst meeting the "nephilim" issue, so far he's indeed unique and a novelty, as far as the hybrid variety goes. The latter simply manages to validate the former issue, from Tristan's pov. I noticed he also struggled to use his Ark-based healing power(and he is dismayed at being unable to heal and purge as many different things as Elizabeth, it's just that her method of discussing things with him is gentler, so he won't react as strongly to her "nagging"). Meliodas' general behaviour isn't very inviting to opening one's heart to him( dude literally gropes his wife in front of their own child and his same age friends....)

Also, even if parents tell their children about their past troubles, or nifty uncles literally show the kids their parents' memories, when pressured, teenagers would just decide mom and dad just don't get them...even during conversations where the parents are trying to get them :notamused

All in all, Tristan feels more entitled to acting out because he's neither goddess nor demon, he might realise he should balance the two types of power and blend them, but he's stoo scared of contro, failing him( for good reason), and it sort of explains why he admires or prefers to hang out with other complete outliers.

I was actually keeping a close eye on his counters to the Empty attacks, and I'd hoped that when DP sent the 2 chaotic merges out the question would be answered, if those 2 attack at the same time. It didn't happen
I'm not sure if Nakaba will bother with giving him both, the dual version was only in Chandler's arsenal, right? And since Nakaba likes the demons a little too much, he might raise Tristan's control of his demon modes over time, to dish out direct damage instead of giving him these basic counters. I think he only has/uses Mel's MFC to compensate(in a demonic safe mode style) for what he doesn't dare use with PoD and its applications.
Tristan is unable to negate curses and diseases but his Goddess powers are still pretty good. It doesn't look like Elizabeth is in charge of his training either. But he is more eager to learn Goddess abilities. Even Chandler didn't have the two Full Counters.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Tristan is unable to negate curses and diseases but his Goddess powers are still pretty good. It doesn't look like Elizabeth is in charge of his training either. But he is more eager to learn Goddess abilities. Even Chandler didn't have the two Full Counters.
Wait, what you mean to say is that Mael might be training him at some point?!
Cause in the movie he's rejecting the education/training Meliodas establishes for him, and stubbornly refuses to try and let his father learn what's bothering him so much.
I wasn't arguing that Elizabeth is training Tristan, I addressed the difference in his overall attitude towards his mother based on her less pressuring own behaviour, which would let him be more at ease with what she passed onto him and enhance his control of that, not necessarily add more aspects of Ark he can use( 2 years later he still can't heal illnesses or purge curses).
From what we've seen in both the movie and Tristan and Meliodas' interactions in 4KotA, they might solve the current conflict between them...it's just that it's going to be replaced with his envy of his honorary cousin and the approval he casually gets from Meliodas, and no amount of "tutoring" can get him past that. Only making peace with his father and accepting their shared demon nature. He's still rejecting his demonic side. Mmmyea, by me his problem is only in his head.
Also, I feel it's to be expected that Tristan's range of innate skills on each side of his heritage be smaller than what his parents have(we don't need an Arthur 2.0, or even a Gawain 2.0), and that he's just going to blend and remix his skills once he gets used to the fact he's Nephilim, half and half, and that even his demonic side can be consistently helpful...after all, demons are still some of the nastiest dmg dealers.

OtakuFreak

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
The curse puts her in such pain she can't even use her magic.

If someone else was cursed or she could use her magic properly then yeah, she could easily break it.

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
From Maaya Sakamoto:

TL:
The Seven Deadly Sins, for me, is the fun and important place where I feel stimulated by everyone in the magnificent cast!! I was many times moved by how great the voice actors were during the postrecording. I'm grateful to have met them!!

From Tomokazu Sugita:

TL:
Self-conceit is the greatest enemy.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Saw this in my recommendations:

Way too long for me.

Zorra_akuma

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

new poster

a drawing of ban and Elaine that Nakaba did for the grudge of Edinburgh special that Aried yesterday

Bebo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
I've actually heard nothing but praise for this movie story and plot wise, apart from the animation of course.

Brim787

Reaction score
Country
United States
Time is a ticking .

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Why is Mel walking around with passed out Elizabeth in his arms? I'll never understand some of these art choices from mainly shounen artists, meant just for posing :errr
And while the CGI doesn't look that bad overall for this, compared to deen handling S3 and S4, the attempts at comedy fail, the models look too stiff compared to the "funny" flexibility Tri-Tri's ear is supposed to have there :grumble

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
There is merch of Kid Lancelot and Tristan now:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
New pics... Finally!!

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Jericho!!

How long will this movie be again?

??? Looking at the trailer again I see Derrierie and Margaret?

Last edited:

Zerodx

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Jericho!!

How long with this movie be again?

??? Looking at the trailer again I see Derrierie and Margaret?
Deathpierce probably become a chaos monster and create those 2 as his accessory due to his hatred toward them, I guess Lancelot know Jericho joinned Arthur force and wearing the star helmet from this event. The movie is like 54 minutes