Anime - The Seven Deadly Sins: Grudge of Edinburgh (2022) | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime The Seven Deadly Sins: Grudge of Edinburgh (2022)

Did you like the movie? (Part 2)

• Yes.

• No.

• Was average.

• Can't bring myself to watch it because of the CGI.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mighty Escanor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
The movie is coming soon.

There is a high chance that Kiane's kids will appear. Diane was searching for them since part 1!

I wish Invisible is also mentioned in part 2 of the movie. Had a racist Death Piece kept his non-human allies by his side just like King Arthur? Or he is swallowed by madness to the point he can't even tolerate the presence Invisible? It's an interesting plot point I hope they include in part 2 of GoE.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't know about King and Diane's kids. I wouldn't bet on it. Maybe only one.

Invisible should definitely be mentioned and appear if Death Pierce is going to die for real in this.

With Star-Visor appearing in the movie something tells me that maybe Percival/Varghese or other Camelot Knights will be teased. Arthur obviously, but possibly Anne's mother etc.

Zerodx

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Watch the movie and I can said that this 2 part movie is a huge spoiler for anime only

Zerodx

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Ah, is that the great thing? What happened tô deathpierce?
Still alive, Lancelot destroy another staff again. For Jericho part I kinda suprising they reveal her face at the end

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Well, most manga readers thought it was her before the reveal anyway.

Killerbee12

Reaction score
Country
United States
I thought it was only 7 staff, didn’t kno it was replicas, it seem ban kno Jericho is on Camelot side

Zerodx

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I thought it was only 7 staff, didn’t kno it was replicas, it seem ban kno Jericho is on Camelot side
I have a crazy theory that Jericho is Ban spy and she was pretending

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
The second part of the movie is nice, not much to criticize about it if looking at it as a stand-alone. I thoroughly enjoyed Elizabeth's little moment of spotlight against the one who cursed her, was nice as redemption for her being the damsel in distress for the plot again.

Also interesting subtle detail that Elizabeth is shown to understand demon language.... suppose it makes sense given her background, but we've never seen non-demons understand the tongue before.

Rey151203

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The second part of the movie is nice, not much to criticize about it if looking at it as a stand-alone. I thoroughly enjoyed Elizabeth's little moment of spotlight against the one who cursed her, was nice as redemption for her being the damsel in distress for the plot again.

Also interesting subtle detail that Elizabeth is shown to understand demon language.... suppose it makes sense given her background, but we've never seen non-demons understand the tongue before.
Percival???????

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
That was good indeed. The animation was much better than I expected.

I guess Lancelot wasn't as strong as he is in MnY considering his feats here. His Shining Road wasn't strong enough to destroy his spear too.

I swear we learn new things from King in ever movie. I don't remember seeing him talk to animals before.

Not sure if the armor means that Jericho is with Arthur or not already, but she is clearly mentally stable there.

Kinda disappointed that we didn't see anything about Invisible. But Death Pierce is alive so I guess he'll be relevant sooner or later in the manga.

I have a crazy theory that Jericho is Ban spy and she was pretending
And that she even fooled Lancelot with his Heart Reading? Unlikely. It was probably her intention at first but then she succumbed to the power of Chaos.

We saw seven but Arthur must be able to create as many as he wants.

Brim787

Reaction score
Country
United States
did this allude to deathpierce being that POW a few arcs back for anyone ? didn’t really sell me personally , but wanna ask
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

i also feel like if meliodas is to die in story , the movie kinda set it up to be at tristan’s hand . but hopefully , HOPEFULLY i’m wrong .

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This movie has some similarities to the Liones arc in MnY. Lancelot and Tristan arguing about the treatment of the ennemy who is running away like when they face Pellegarde.

Tristan refuses to his powers but ends up going all out because he trusts his companion. What Gowther said about Tristan in this movie is basically the same thing that Meliodas said when he decided to intervene: that he needs companions that he can trust.

i also feel like if meliodas is to die in story , the movie kinda set it up to be at tristan’s hand . but hopefully , HOPEFULLY i’m wrong .
How so?

Brim787

Reaction score
Country
United States
easy to miss , but remember when gowther explains tristan during the final friendly match & meliodas said he’d bring him back to his senses if he ever really needed to ? i get lance will always as well , but i sorta saw that as a chekhov’s gun .

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I reset the poll. Same options, but for Part 2 now.

easy to miss , but remember when gowther explains tristan during the final friendly match & meliodas said he’d bring him back to his senses if he ever really needed to ? i get lance will always as well , but i sorta saw that as a chekhov’s gun .
I doubt it. As Gowther said Tristan's friends are going to be the ones who have to deal with this more.

But if I am right and this movie was meant to reference a lot of events in the Liones arc, it might be a reference to Meliodas's actions to stop him when he went berserk against Arthur.