Anime - The Seven Deadly Sins: Grudge of Edinburgh (2022) | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime The Seven Deadly Sins: Grudge of Edinburgh (2022)

Did you like the movie? (Part 2)

• Yes.

• No.

• Was average.

• Can't bring myself to watch it because of the CGI.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Very entertaining movie, far more then the previous two imo.
The cgi didnt bother me whatsoever, it was actually quite good.
Like i said i would rather have this any day of the week then the abomination that was season 3 and 4.

and damn, that was quite an epic ending.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What's that?
I haven't seen anything new regarding Tristan's strength compared to Lancelot in this movie.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

- I like the nod towards fairy magic for breaking the spell, but did Mael just get shafted again for the 37th time? I'm going to speculate that this ''age old'' spell isn't something Harlequin will know of immediately, and will probably spend some time in Part 2 finding or creating it. However, why don't they just have Gowther invasion-spell a message to Mael and have him come down? Don't see why Mael couldn't break this type of curse.
Mael isn't considered a close friend I think that's it :catshrug.

If King doesn't know about it(I doubt it). Gerheade surely knows.

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
Watched the movie as soon as it came out. I had my misgivings about the CGI but the animation was actually rather pleasant to watch, aside from Elizabeth and perhaps Gowther. The movie wasn't too bad.

On another note, here's Tatsuhisa Suzuki's message:

TL:
I consider the Seven Deadly "a work that brought growth to the invisible parts of me."
As time went on, I came to realize a lot that the experience I acquired with Ban had become meaningful.
I am really grateful to meet him.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
My opinion the movie is good but I think the movie is in such a weird place cause like we already know from 4kota that Eli is fine and Tristan still can’t control his demon powers it’s just I kinda wish we got it before 4kota started I feel like that might have been better

I do like seeing how Tristan got to the point of why he won’t use his demon powers in 4kota though that’s nice at least and I’m hyped for part 2 but yeah I liked it alot. CGI was pretty as well

wonder who the returning character is though it can’t be lance cause he was already there. Hmm guess we wait for part 2

Part 2 AIRS AUGUST 2023

Last edited:

Zerodx

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
My opinion the movie is good but I think the movie is in such a weird place cause like we already know from 4kota that Eli is fine and Tristan still can’t control his demon powers it’s just I kinda wish we got it before 4kota started I feel like that might have been better

I do like seeing how Tristan got to the point of why he won’t use his demon powers in 4kota though that’s nice at least and I’m hyped for part 2 but yeah I liked it alot. CGI was pretty as well

wonder who the returning character is though it can’t be lance cause he was already there. Hmm guess we wait for part 2

Part 2 AIRS AUGUST 2023
Well, the difference between 14 years old Tristan and 16 years Tristan is the activation of his demon power. 14 years old Tristan Demon power activated automatically during the middle of the fight while 16 years old Tristan can turn it on manually and has control for a moment

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, the difference between 14 years old Tristan and 16 years Tristan is the activation of his demon power. 14 years old Tristan Demon power activated automatically during the middle of the fight while 16 years old Tristan can turn it on manually and has control for a moment
right but was still cool seeing how he started to dislike his demon side. He definitely has better control in 4kota not full but enough to where it’s not like berserk meli in s1 as Tristan knows what he’s doing and what’s happening but he can only control it for so long so yeah that’s interesting

Zerodx

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
right but was still cool seeing how he started to dislike his demon side. He definitely has better control in 4kota not full but enough to where it’s not like berserk meli in s1 as Tristan knows what he’s doing and what’s happening but he can only control it for so long so yeah that’s interesting
If only he talk about it with Meliodas sooner, he probably manage to control it

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Part 2 AIRS AUGUST 2023
I think it's marketed to attract anime-only viewers first. It's not meant to surprise manga readers but to give them information.

August 2023 huh. I wonder if it means the MnY anime will air around that date.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I am not really familiar with Netflix in general. Is there usually this much promotion for their shows? Countdowns by the VAs, messages and stuff. There will be a special event in four days too.

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
Comic Natalie article about the second part.

It says that Tristan's fight with Deathpierce will reach its climax in the second part.
Here's Nakaba's comment: I think there will be many things to see in it, including Tristan and of course the Fairy's strength, their hidden friendship, and the strength of the Seven Deadly Sins as their parents, and I want each of them shown.

Last edited:

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it's marketed to attract anime-only viewers first. It's not meant to surprise manga readers but to give them information.

August 2023 huh. I wonder if it means the MnY anime will air around that date.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I am not really familiar with Netflix in general. Is there usually this much promotion for their shows? Countdowns by the VAs, messages and stuff. There will be a special event in four days too.
Well that I get which makes sense

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Just watched Part 1, it wasn't so bad re CGI, I enjoyed the fights and got plenty of acrobatics for eye-candy( the fancy footwork from Tris was quite nice, Lance's aerial twirling as well, but also loved
Tristan's klutzy misses
...I got a few lulz from those)...Looks like the horrorses have made it into animation and CGI, though, Tristan's princely white horse looked like it would pass out every single moment they would zoom in on its eyes(and it's the first time I even see one with blue-green sclerae, to begin with).
Kulumil was rather funny, if they ever meet her again in the series proper
, Isolde is going to flip:teehee

Curse aside, the mindscape confrontation between Tris and Arthur's knight/mage was very reminiscent of the Elizabeth and Zeldris confrontation over Merlin :deadhorse , which is disappointing on the one hand...a bit too many re-enactments...on the other, I'll hand it to Arthur for the horror-effect with this one. No Chaos helmet before has creeped me like this one's.
In Zenitsu voice: "Why spiders?!?" I barely dodged a rewatch of IT a few weeks ago.

In other news, I found out some humans in Britannia undergo growth spurts even after age 19:notsure...interesting. And DP has the weirdest kingdom of all. I can't help but agree with Tristan on the sad part.

Was Gowther able to use heat vision/x-ray before? That was kinda funny(him and Tris as an EMT)... Speaking of Gowther, I loved the theme song when he notified the other Sins. But as much as I like the old gang, I hope they don't directly interfere with the upcoming battle. I suppose Lance gives Tristan the go in using his PoD/demon mode on DP and this is where they establish that silent agreement on Lance helping Tris out if he loses control.

All in all I was entertained, but I wish they just went with a single movie of 90 minutes length.

Zorra_akuma

Reaction score
Country
United States
One thing I do really like is the fact we got to know why Tristan doesn’t like using his demon side in 4kota. And it’s not cause he hates demons it’s cause hes traumatized which makes sense

FKS

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
France
From Jun Fukuyama:

TL:
For me, the Seven Deadly Sins is!! The king of classical fantasies!! I borrowed the classics, the king and my role King!! Please look forward to watching Grudge of Edinburgh!!
[TN: Classical is 王道 in Japanese, a word that includes the character for king.]

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Was Gowther able to use heat vision/x-ray before? That was kinda funny(him and Tris as an EMT)... Speaking of Gowther, I loved the theme song when he notified the other Sins. But as much as I like the old gang, I hope they don't directly interfere with the upcoming battle. I suppose Lance gives Tristan the go in using his PoD/demon mode on DP and this is where they establish that silent agreement on Lance helping Tris out if he loses control.

All in all I was entertained, but I wish they just went with a single movie of 90 minutes length.
Yes. Although I don't remember the exact moments where he used them.

One thing I do really like is the fact we got to know why Tristan doesn’t like using his demon side in 4kota. And it’s not cause he hates demons it’s cause hes traumatized which makes sense
There is this but I remember against Arthur he said he could save the world without Mel's powers or something. Even in this movie he thinks Mel can't understand him for some reason.

Tristan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Now, since it's official that Tristan has got the power of Full Counter, do you think that he could potentially use both the Magical and Physical versions at some point? I mean, his whole existence is based on binary opposition: Light and Dark, goddess and demon, can use both hands (ambidextrous) ... and his swords are named Mael and Estarossa for a REASON. what do you guys think about that?

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Even in this movie he thinks Mel can't understand him for some reason.
That would be the teenage angst meeting the "nephilim" issue, so far he's indeed unique and a novelty, as far as the hybrid variety goes. The latter simply manages to validate the former issue, from Tristan's pov. I noticed he also struggled to use his Ark-based healing power(and he is dismayed at being unable to heal and purge as many different things as Elizabeth, it's just that her method of discussing things with him is gentler, so he won't react as strongly to her "nagging"). Meliodas' general behaviour isn't very inviting to opening one's heart to him( dude literally gropes his wife in front of their own child and his same age friends....)

Also, even if parents tell their children about their past troubles, or nifty uncles literally show the kids their parents' memories, when pressured, teenagers would just decide mom and dad just don't get them...even during conversations where the parents are trying to get them :notamused

All in all, Tristan feels more entitled to acting out because he's neither goddess nor demon, he might realise he should balance the two types of power and blend them, but he's stoo scared of contro, failing him( for good reason), and it sort of explains why he admires or prefers to hang out with other complete outliers.

Now, since it's official that Tristan has got the power of Full Counter, do you think that he could potentially use both the Magical and Physical versions at some point? I mean, his whole existence is based on binary opposition: Light and Dark, goddess and demon, can use both hands (ambidextrous) ... and his swords are named Mael and Estarossa for a REASON. what do you guys think about that?
I was actually keeping a close eye on his counters to the Empty attacks, and I'd hoped that when DP sent the 2 chaotic merges out the question would be answered, if those 2 attack at the same time. It didn't happen
I'm not sure if Nakaba will bother with giving him both, the dual version was only in Chandler's arsenal, right? And since Nakaba likes the demons a little too much, he might raise Tristan's control of his demon modes over time, to dish out direct damage instead of giving him these basic counters. I think he only has/uses Mel's MFC to compensate(in a demonic safe mode style) for what he doesn't dare use with PoD and its applications.

Samael Morningstar

Reaction score
Country
India
Ain't planning on watching the movie
But is there any Mael? Or any reference to him?

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Ain't planning on watching the movie
But is there any Mael? Or any reference to him?
None so far. The Elizabeth issue should supposedly be solved
via either goddess magic, or fairy magic...and they already called King in