TV - The Walking Dead | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV The Walking Dead

Rei Ayanami

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Based on the Robert Kirkman-created comic book of the same name, The Walking Dead comes from Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption), who is writing, directing and executive producing. Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator / The Incredible Hulk) and Kirkman also serve as Executive Producers, along with a new addition – Charles "Chic" Eglee (The Shield / Dexter).

The Walking Dead will premiere in October on AMC.

If you're not familiar with the story of The Walking Dead, check out AMC's description of the series:

The Walking Dead tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home. The comic goes on to explore the challenges of life in a world overrun by zombies who take a toll on the survivors, and sometimes the interpersonal conflicts present a greater danger to their continuing survival than the zombies that roam the country. Over time, the characters are changed by the constant exposure to death and some grow willing to do anything to survive.
IGN: The Walking Dead TV Series Officially Ordered
AMC press release
The Walking Dead Wikipedia page

The six episode season one premieres in October tied to the network’s popular movie franchise "FearFest".

'Walking Dead' Headed to TV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_UaWWyqhP8&

Last edited:

Rei Ayanami

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: The Walking Dead on AMC

The cast according to wikipedia

* Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes
* Sarah Wayne Callies as Lori Grimes
* Chandler Riggs as Carl Grimes
* Jeffrey DeMunn as Dale
* Jon Bernthal as Shane
* Laurie Holden as Andrea
* Steven Yeun as Glenn
* Robert Singleton as T-Dog
* Jim Coleman as Lambert "Lam" Kendel
* Michael Rooker as Merle
* Linds Edwards as Leon Basset
* Emma Bell
* Keith Allen Hayes as Tyreese
* Addy Miller
* Steve Warren
* Adrian Kali Turner as Duane Jones
* Melissa Suzanne Mcbride as Carol
* Jeryl Prescott as Jacqui

The Walking Dead motion comic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adg-2CnpRNE

Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

The Walking Dead

No, this is not a comic but an American television series developed for television by Frank Darabont and based upon the comic book series of the same name by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore and Charlie Adlard. It premiered on the AMC network on October 31, 2010 with a 90-minute premiere episode, during the network's "Fearfest".

The Walking Dead tells the story of the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse and follows a small group of survivors traveling across the United States in search of a new home away from the hordes of zombies. The group is led by Rick Grimes, who was a police officer in the old world. As their situation grows more and more grim, the group's desperation to survive pushes them to do almost anything to stay alive.

Very first good episode. Definitely a good start and (at least for me) not so famous actors but nevertheless good acting. If you're into the apocalyptic zombie theme then this something for you sure.

Last edited:

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I liked how the series started even though they cut a few scenes from my country to shorten the episode (I had to rewatch online)

I'm really interested in this series because it's the first time I see a zombie themed tv series. The special effects while not movie quality are quite high for a TV series.

Hystzen

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
il prob end up watching it online

i done some reading it ment be 90mins long pilot but it starts here on UK friday and it only a hour long..

Xadyu

Reaction score
Country
Cocos Islands
I also watched the first episode and based on that I'll just wait for the season to be finished before I continue watching it.

It started out good, I like the characters until now, but something just felt wrong. I don't know if it was the way the filmed it, or how they portrayed the main character. But I actually didn't like it that much.

Interesting enough for me to keep watching it though.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
It started out good, I like the characters until now, but something just felt wrong. I don't know if it was the way the filmed it, or how they portrayed the main character. But I actually didn't like it that much.
I think that what makes this series different to others is the cinematographic feeling you have. It doesn't feel like you are watching a TV series. During the first episode I wondered myself if I wasn't a (TV-) movie. The atmosphere is really good and definitely better than most other series. I enjoyed it and I kinda look forward to this week's episode

Hystzen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
i deiceded to watch the premire last night

and it was good i enjoyed it alot..like said above it feels movie like not cheap tv like. that crawling woman zombie..oh wait they called walkers now made me laugh alot.

iam looking forward to seeing next episode and the fact there is no ad breaks also helps enjoy the programme more

Karma7K

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
The show started off really well. I felt so sorry for the main character. If each episode continues to be that great, then it could easily become one of my favorites. Second only to Dexter. I'm a huge zombie fan! I watch every zombie movie I can find. Except for Zombie Strippers. I don't like to think of that.

Unfortunately, most horror aimed tv-series don't last. No idea why.

And I thought it was filmed amazingly. Frank Darabont is brilliant. I know he wrote all 6 episodes for the first season, but I don't know if he's directing all of them, or just the first.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
You know, I've always wondered why there's never been any zombie-themed TV-series. It's a very popular movie concept, so done right it should be able to be an awesome series, as well, right? Well, wouldn't you know it, judging by the first episode of The Walking Dead, it seems so!

Though the concept of the plot has been used so many times before (waking up after zombiepocalypse has broken loose a la 28 Days Later, teaming up with other survivors, trying to stay alive a la... well, every other zombie movie ever made, etc.), it felt pretty original. Like many others have said, probably mostly due to the cinematography, it felt more like a movie. The way it started out really slow with just the guy walking around in silence really didn't feel very TV-like. You can tell an awesome film director is behind the camera. Great tension in some of the scenes (mostly involving the black guy and his wife).

I wasn't completely blown away and I'm not too fond of the main character, but being a big fan of zombie films and seeing as this series is off to a pretty darn good start, I'm definitely gonna follow this one. :tem

Edit:
Oh, and did I mention it is way, way better than the comic so far? First thing that strikes me is that it takes a lot more chances to be violent, and what can I say? I'm a sucker for seeing zombies getting slaughtered. An example is the zombie at the fence; in the comic, the Morgan stops Rick from shooting it.

The first episode covers chapter 1 and about half of chapter 2, and so far the stuff they added (the part in the series with Morgan's wife, for example) really improves the overall feel, the depth of the characters, the suspense and leaves for a lot more possible plot points in the future. Good job, Mr. Darabont!

Last edited:

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I wasn't completely blown away and I'm not too fond of the main character, but being a big fan of zombie films and seeing as this series is off to a pretty darn good start, I'm definitely gonna follow this one. :tem
Same over here Organizized but that can work out very good. I had the same feeling with Olivia Dunham in Fringe. In the first episode, she wasn't convincing at all but man she did a great job (and is still doing) later on.

My intuition tells me the same. The main character wasn't convincing, he wasn't bad either, but I wouldn't be surprised if the story later on will level up the main character in a way that he will become a very strong element of the series.

Going to watch its second episode tonight :)

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
What I like about this show so far is that even though there are countless zombie movies, this show feels pretty refreshing. Some of the stuff is really engaging, some of it even pretty original, like

the black guy in ep 1 struggling with himself when about to shoot his wife, which was really emotional even though the "having to kill zombie-loved ones"-concept has been done before. Also, in the second episode, I really didn't start watching it expecting they'd smear themselves with guts to smell dead. I don't think I've seen a zombie movie where they've done that before. That's what I like, they include already used concepts and do that really well, and at the same time they add some new ideas to the mix. Glenn and Rick walking amongst the zombies was pretty darn intense.

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Second episode was better than the first one IMO. I really loved this episode. It was intense and Rick acted all cool and played the leader role.

It was a bit sad the old guy dying on the roof even though he was a jerk. I thought he would survive somehow and come back later on as an human enemy as it would be pretty interesting a "civil war" amidst all the chaos.

Hystzen

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
thanx for spoilers BBB not on til friday in uk :thumbs

BBB Banana

Fruits Punch Samurai
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Sorry hyst :facepalm Usually portugal is one of the last countries when it comes to series so I'm not used to this simulcast thingy :s

Man epic episode is all I have to say.

Merle sure is a bad** motherf**** he got out of town one handed.

The other guys were really cool protecting the elders and stuff. People from the camp should join forces with them now.

The ending was the most awesome thing. This series just keeps getting better and better.

Last edited:

jonsan633

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
The walking dead is awesome series. Its first season was too small. It has only 6 episodes but all these episodes are awesome..

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Bump

Kat

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Man this EPISODE WAS AWESOME!!!!!! Welcome season 5

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Pretty good start of the new season...better than most from what I remember :nod...

Kat

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
You guys never liked Carol but I always did and here she goes <333333 Daryl x Carol !