TV - The Walking Dead | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TV The Walking Dead

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I only know a few cursory things about the comics, so I'm not sure what that is.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I have a bunch of mixed feelings about this season honestly. I mentioned the weirdness of Tyrese's death before, but then you have seemingly everyone in the group reflecting on Noah...I mean, Beth and Tyrese were with the group FAR longer, and it's like they're completely forgotten about. Noah is someone the audience should have far less attachment to, much less the characters...yet they kept bringing him up in the last few episodes.

Also, some of the plotlines were completely forced to me...not genuine to me at all. Mainly Sasha and Gabriel. I also dislike how they shoehorned "romance" into Rick's story, when dealing with the abuse thing is something Carol could have been the main player in.

So getting to Alexandria was interesting at first, and has been interesting at times with certain characters... but overall, it has just played out SO awkwardly IMO. It's almost like the people creating the show felt as out of place as the characters did...

plushdangerous

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
After the last episode I felt like it started to get boring and I'm not as excited like before to see the next season in October.

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Rewatching season 2...how the hell a frail zombie tears open dale's stomach?.. .

:nah

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
So, what did people think of the mid-season premiere? I thought it was an improvement over past episodes, but still there were plenty of cringey things. Overall I think it'll be nice to get over the stupid Alexandrian nonsense, with them all sort of coming out of their shell.

gnut

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So, what did people think of the mid-season premiere? I thought it was an improvement over past episodes, but still there were plenty of cringey things. Overall I think it'll be nice to get over the stupid Alexandrian nonsense, with them all sort of coming out of their shell.
yeah,i'm over the alexandrians....
i also agree about a few cringy scenes....
the glenn scene of him being saved again and the wolf getting all emo with the doc.

but,what darryl did to the bikers was badass....and i loved rick's rampage at the end there.also,michonne's concern for him was really felt during that scene.

i give the episode an 8....

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
yeah,i'm over the alexandrians....
i also agree about a few cringy scenes....
the glenn scene of him being saved again and the wolf getting all emo with the doc.

but,what darryl did to the bikers was badass....and i loved rick's rampage at the end there.also,michonne's concern for him was really felt during that scene.

i give the episode an 8....
The scene with Sam acting brave all of a sudden made no sense, when 10 minutes later he was losing his shit again and getting his family killed. Nothing had change...that scene was pretty brutal. Same with Ron insisting on shooting Carl or Rick instead of trying to save his mom......so oddly done.

I'm pretty much over Glenn and I'm pretty sure he's going to die (again kek) soon. The emotional exposition when the crisis is literally going on next door seemed pretty out of place.

I don't think the Wolf really got emo or anything, but I guess it was supposed to be ambiguous as to why he was protecting her.

The latter half and the montage of them going full meat grinder-mode was pretty well done.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Am I the only one who finds this Richonne thing completely forced and awkward? I guess she's supposed to take Andrea's place in this way (why did they kill her off again?). But idk....the Blonde Alexandrian thing felt forced as well. It's not really about Rick, I always saw Michonne as having a motherly feeling towards Carl, and of course Judith now....but that doesn't mean this. Maybe if there was more foreshadowing or tension, idk....lol

Kat

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Am I the only one who finds this Richonne thing completely forced and awkward? I guess she's supposed to take Andrea's place in this way (why did they kill her off again?). But idk....the Blonde Alexandrian thing felt forced as well. It's not really about Rick, I always saw Michonne as having a motherly feeling towards Carl, and of course Judith now....but that doesn't mean this. Maybe if there was more foreshadowing or tension, idk....lol
My thoughts exactly when watching the Richonne thing. Like it was kinda expected but I somehow hoped it wouldn't be so straightforward and visible lol. The blondie died cuz she couldnt stop crying when her baby boy was being eaten. But like it's so awkwaard even in that new episode like holding hands eww. Like everybody became so horny Richonne and Abraham with that chick lol.

Also where the hell is Carol? Like since the beginning she was there like once O.o

Aand what do you think, will they kill the ppl they are going to kill wihout any complications or there will be consequences? Like it sounds too easy to be true so somebody is gonna get killed off. #prayfordaryl

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
My thoughts exactly when watching the Richonne thing. Like it was kinda expected but I somehow hoped it wouldn't be so straightforward and visible lol. The blondie died cuz she couldnt stop crying when her baby boy was being eaten. But like it's so awkwaard even in that new episode like holding hands eww. Like everybody became so horny Richonne and Abraham with that chick lol.

Also where the hell is Carol? Like since the beginning she was there like once O.o

Aand what do you think, will they kill the ppl they are going to kill wihout any complications or there will be consequences? Like it sounds too easy to be true so somebody is gonna get killed off. #prayfordaryl
The problem was that previously she told Sam to go with Gabriel since he was taking Judith and locking himself in the church, but he refused, saying he was strong or some nonsense. And then the next scene we see with him he remembers those things Carol told him about the monsters and he randomly lost his shit. As if he wasn't paying attention to the zombies up until that point? lmao

The only romance in the show that hasn't felt hamfisted as fuck is Maggie and Glenn. Everything else either didn't last long enough to have exposition or came out of nowhere.

Well, they made a point of Carol going back into her "diguise" as the housewife, but since Alexandria is theirs now, I'm not sure. I'm not actually sure what they'll do with her, because in the comics she's dead. She might give some of Michonne's storyline since Michonne is sort of taking Andrea's place by being with Rick.

And I know a bit about what happens with what's coming up, but regardless of that, the show hasn't really followed even who dies and who doesn't with the comics. Plus there's characters in the show that never existed in them as well. But I'm pretty sure Glenn is a goner. His fake death was way too heavy-handed, as well as him getting saved with the assault rifles. As well as all the feel-good stuff about him and Maggie getting pregnant. Any time that happens you know things will get fucked. Abraham is probably not long for the world either. He went from having a full-blown deathwish to now searching for a reason to live. When he was nearly choked out he clearly saw something. Not sure who it was, whether it was his dead family like that guy he rescued said or if it was Sasha or Rosita. Either way there will be drama surrounding that.

Kat

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
The problem was that previously she told Sam to go with Gabriel since he was taking Judith and locking himself in the church, but he refused, saying he was strong or some nonsense. And then the next scene we see with him he remembers those things Carol told him about the monsters and he randomly lost his shit. As if he wasn't paying attention to the zombies up until that point? lmao

The only romance in the show that hasn't felt hamfisted as fuck is Maggie and Glenn. Everything else either didn't last long enough to have exposition or came out of nowhere.

Well, they made a point of Carol going back into her "diguise" as the housewife, but since Alexandria is theirs now, I'm not sure. I'm not actually sure what they'll do with her, because in the comics she's dead. She might give some of Michonne's storyline since Michonne is sort of taking Andrea's place by being with Rick.

And I know a bit about what happens with what's coming up, but regardless of that, the show hasn't really followed even who dies and who doesn't with the comics. Plus there's characters in the show that never existed in them as well. But I'm pretty sure Glenn is a goner. His fake death was way too heavy-handed, as well as him getting saved with the assault rifles. As well as all the feel-good stuff about him and Maggie getting pregnant. Any time that happens you know things will get fucked. Abraham is probably not long for the world either. He went from having a full-blown deathwish to now searching for a reason to live. When he was nearly choked out he clearly saw something. Not sure who it was, whether it was his dead family like that guy he rescued said or if it was Sasha or Rosita. Either way there will be drama surrounding that.
Yeah like that was a bit weird tbh. One moment he was like "Im not leaving you mom" then "Omfg Im so fcking scared so Im gonna screw the whole plan". And like the whole family of 3 died without a reason. In the comics Rick is with Andrea? Well a lot of ppl ship Richonne so it was expected they would eventually end up together tbh. Just didnt think it would be this direct XD

Yeah like Glenn and Maggie has been together since forever so its like genuine love the other things are too forced. I don't think Glenn will die actually. I mean if he was to die he would have already. If something is to get fcked up then I would say that the baby will die or something.

Abraham's been acting weird like being with Rosita while thinking about Sasha but yeah I think that if somebody is going to die from the *main* group then it could be Abraham.

Was Jesus in the comics?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Yeah like that was a bit weird tbh. One moment he was like "Im not leaving you mom" then "Omfg Im so fcking scared so Im gonna screw the whole plan". And like the whole family of 3 died without a reason. In the comics Rick is with Andrea? Well a lot of ppl ship Richonne so it was expected they would eventually end up together tbh. Just didnt think it would be this direct XD
Yeah, it happens at Alexandria too. Andrea was killed off with the Woodbury thing in the show though for some reason.

Yeah like Glenn and Maggie has been together since forever so its like genuine love the other things are too forced. I don't think Glenn will die actually. I mean if he was to die he would have already. If something is to get fcked up then I would say that the baby will die or something.
Nah, him escaping death so many times was pretty planned, just to twist the knife. Just watch.

Was Jesus in the comics?
Yeah he is

Kat

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
Haha I guess it looked to easy to be true :XD The whole plan was good but Carol and Maggie fcked up I guess...

PS: WHATS WITH THE LOVE THING THIS SEASON ... and what happened to Darol ;-;

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Season of L O V E :biblethump

None of it makes any sense really. From Carol and the builder dude, to Abraham deciding to leave Rosita by being as cruel as humanly possible.

I'm so past the point of Morgan being redeemed btw. The interesting thing about this plan and everything is comparing Rick's motives to what the Governor did back in Season 3 or whatever. "They would come for us", etc. I guess the comparison is fair, though we know the Governor was a "bad" person. The reasons for both actions are pretty much identical however. And then Morgan always has something to say about it. There's no logic to his character, it's like he never went through what he went through. Zombies have to be put down, because they only create more Zombies...there's nothing sacred about them. He's came pretty damn close with Carol and Denise, but this asshole is going to get someone killed.

Kat

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
I mean that Carol thing was random like it came out of nowhere really. Abraham and his passion for Sasha is random too. Like you get why Richonne happened that was expected but those two are such bs.

Morgan is extremely annoying with his peaceful and forgiving self. Like he's been through a lot himself yet he doesn't undesrtand how the new world is. Tbh somebody kill him pls, he is the most annoying character out of all. Even Eugene and Gabriel fcking get it now so pls :XD

Also how you compared Governor with Rick I think you have a point there yes. Governor had his town and wanted more (it was destroyed later tho, right?). However, Rick has his place and wants to protect it. It's kinda crazy they killed so many ppl for that but guess they had to do it for the food :XD

I really like the Jesus guy btw

g01

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
That abraham scene :fail what is his problem ? like you said it came out of nowhere."I thought you were the only woman in the world" or something like that,wtf ?
When I saw Richonne scene,I kinda laughed,I mean yeah it was expected but the way it happens :XD
Rick "I found tooth pastes but they all gone"
Michonne "Rough day huh"
...hugging/kissing.... :XD

Morgan is really annoying,there are zombies,gangs,cannibals and he is still talking about peace...-_- I feel like carol will kill him or he will cause her to die,idk.

Yeah jesus guy is soo cool and he seems like professional soldiers or something like that.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I mean that Carol thing was random like it came out of nowhere really. Abraham and his passion for Sasha is random too. Like you get why Richonne happened that was expected but those two are such bs.
It was? I felt it was as forced and clumsy as any of the other relationships. Just because she showed motherly instincts for his children, didn't mean a relationship made sense. The timeskip is maybe what made it surprising, since I don't even remember a hint of that prior.

Also how you compared Governor with Rick I think you have a point there yes. Governor had his town and wanted more (it was destroyed later tho, right?). However, Rick has his place and wants to protect it. It's kinda crazy they killed so many ppl for that but guess they had to do it for the food :XD
They had different motivations. Ricks might be more honest, as The Governor lied to his people about who was at the prison. But it's basically the same thing.

Kat

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
It was? I felt it was as forced and clumsy as any of the other relationships. Just because she showed motherly instincts for his children, didn't mean a relationship made sense. The timeskip is maybe what made it surprising, since I don't even remember a hint of that prior.
Well, I think it was mostly because of that motherly instincs and he being like his "right hand" when it came to deciding she wasn't afraid to tell him it was wrong or something. At least that's what I remember.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Well, I think it was mostly because of that motherly instincs and he being like his "right hand" when it came to deciding she wasn't afraid to tell him it was wrong or something. At least that's what I remember.
No no, I understand why it is. But I think it's cheap and forced. They're trying to reinforce the idea that the comfort of having a place like Alexandria leads to these things. The comics have plenty of couplings going on as well, but up until now they largely left them out. With the timeskip after Carl got hurt, it all of a sudden happened and idk...just feels goofy to me.

Like, I understand why people shipped Carol and Daryl, but I never felt that Richonne would be a thing. Especially given what I know about the original story.

Kat

Reaction score
Country
Slovakia
No no, I understand why it is. But I think it's cheap and forced. They're trying to reinforce the idea that the comfort of having a place like Alexandria leads to these things. The comics have plenty of couplings going on as well, but up until now they largely left them out. With the timeskip after Carl got hurt, it all of a sudden happened and idk...just feels goofy to me.

Like, I understand why people shipped Carol and Daryl, but I never felt that Richonne would be a thing. Especially given what I know about the original story.
Ah well in that case I agree ... It sure was forced maybe because after they saved Alexandria they needed a sort of filler to show that things are also good (sometimes). Well I'm not a big fan of Richonne ... actually I'm not a fan of that at all