Discussion - Things your tired of. | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Things your tired of.

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
Robin getting blue Poneglyph texts and not sharing their content with the One Piece manga readers
  • The 2 Whole Cake Treasure room Poneglyphs that Brook copied
  • The Onigashima Poneglyph that Law found during the war against Beast Pirates
  • The Wano Shogun castle Poneglyph
We still have no clue what they were speaking about, and I am still waiting for them to be read.

WILDCARD 1 7

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I'm really getting tired of how incompetent everybody is in this manga. Like seriously letting Rob and Kaku run around like that or just leaving York all by herself and Saturn and Kizaru just standing when the person they want to kill is helpless right in front of them.

All the padding Oda does. Like this for example Big Mom is about to get on the Sunny, end of next chapter Big Mom is almost on the Sunny. And not to mention all the chapter s where it literally just random father or civilians reacting to things and only momentum is at the end. I mean there's a difference between slow moments so we can all breathe learn more and enjoy ourselves and just patting out the story.

And how judgy the fandom can get, like I get we all love this manga and could be said for just about every fandom, but that's no reason to be an asshole just cause you disagree. Tho it's really not that bad on this site which why I'm on it it can get their.

Also I think Sanji gets clowned on a little too much in this fandom. And I say that as neither a Sanji or Zoro fan.

Last edited:

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
slow pace, when we know we could go faster in the plot.

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm really getting tired of how incompetent everybody is in this manga
Also I think Sanji gets clowned on a little too much in this fandom.
I mean these two don't go together. Sanji is literally useless in the latest chapter so clowning Sanji seems acceptable.

I am clowning on Luffy, Zoro and Sanji this arc lol

Agree with others. Oda is bad with creating tension naturally so he just uses some kind of time limit to create fake tension. Way too overused.

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I mean these two don't go together. Sanji is literally useless in the latest chapter so clowning Sanji seems acceptable.

I am clowning on Luffy, Zoro and Sanji this arc lol

Agree with others. Oda is bad with creating tension naturally so he just uses some kind of time limit to create fake tension. Way too overused.
When I said the Sanji part I just meant in general not just this specific chapter.

Last edited:

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
Sanji is a let down. His pervert jokes are going way too far since post-timeskip. He is no longer a gentleman since he got the mermaid curse. I honestly thought he was paralyzed in Egghead so that he would save Bonney from Marine execution with a burst of Haoushoku Haki. A Lady protection awakening would have mase sense. It didn’t happen.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Robin getting blue Poneglyph texts and not sharing their content with the One Piece manga readers
  • The 2 Whole Cake Treasure room Poneglyphs that Brook copied
  • The Onigashima Poneglyph that Law found during the war against Beast Pirates
  • The Wano Shogun castle Poneglyph
We still have no clue what they were speaking about, and I am still waiting for them to be read.
Robin been holding out on the reader like she held out on telling Luffy his brother (who she spent more time with than him) was actually alive the whole time
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Sanji is a let down. His pervert jokes are going way too far since post-timeskip. He is no longer a gentleman since he got the mermaid curse. I honestly thought he was paralyzed in Egghead so that he would save Bonney from Marine execution with a burst of Haoushoku Haki. A Lady protection awakening would have mase sense. It didn’t happen.
WCI is probably my favorite arc in the series.

If I ignore the fact that Sanji is virtually unchanged afterward when it comes to his stupid pervert shit.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I would have loved that. In the end, I think Oda went a bit too comfortable with those jokes which in the end are not even that funny.

I enjoy (a lot) the dumb part of One Piece...Egghead had some of that at first but it went very fast to the drama. T_T
I was thinking that I want the dumb part of the fights without relying on Nika for it (LikeS Strawhats vs CP9)

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm tired of Oda getting so much praise, and fans not realizing he's actually overrated.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm tired of Oda getting so much praise, and fans not realizing he's actually overrated.
Nobody's above criticism, but who is rated above Oda in his medium that makes him overrated?

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You woke up and chose violence, huh?

I think it's pretty common that One Piece fans only consume anime as their primary source of popular culture which leads to tunnel vision. But Oda is a fantastic writer anyway. He has a lot of weak points, but manga is a weird medium anyway (Having to split your scenes while keeping tension is not an easy task)

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Nobody's above criticism, but who is rated above Oda in his medium that makes him overrated?
No one has to be rated over him, it's just the praise he gets that seem unwarranted when the same people have had issues with his work.

You woke up and chose violence, huh?

I think it's pretty common that One Piece fans only consume anime as their primary source of popular culture which leads to tunnel vision. But Oda is a fantastic writer anyway. He has a lot of weak points, but manga is a weird medium anyway (Having to split your scenes while keeping tension is not an easy task)
I don't think he's that fantastic when even OP fans say first few arcs are boring or skippable. And then post-timeskip he's gotten complaints (on here anyway) as well, during each arc he's been writing. To me, it's weird to hype Oda up this much despite complaining about arcs, especially when saying Alabasta was the first good arc (how many arc does it take to get to Alabasta?). Plus, majority of his flashbacks for me have been boring, if not outright bad.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
To me, it's weird to hype Oda up this much despite complaining about arcs, especially when saying Alabasta was the first good arc (how many arc does it take to get to Alabasta?). Plus, majority of his flashbacks for me have been boring, if not outright bad.
Pardon? Complaining does not equal having general criticism, and who tf says Alabasta was "the first good arc"? Nobody is above criticism. Oda isn't above shit, I'm not sure who this strawman is

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Pardon? Complaining does not equal having general criticism, and who tf says Alabasta was "the first good arc"? Nobody is above criticism. Oda isn't above shit, I'm not sure who this strawman is
Quite a few OP fans, and some of them were/are obsessed with the series. Even on Twitter I've seen them tell newbies to skip few arcs or that it's slow the first few arcs but gets better later, usually around Alabasta.

There's a difference between criticisms and constant criticisms and complaints. Says a lot to me when Oda's had his post-timeskip work constantly criticized, which is interesting given his stature.

Blame the fans, not me. I'm going by what they're saying.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Quite a few OP fans, and some of them were/are obsessed with the series. Even on Twitter I've seen them tell newbies to skip few arcs or that it's slow the first few arcs but gets better later, usually around Alabasta.

There's a difference between criticisms and constant criticisms and complaints. Says a lot to me when Oda's had his post-timeskip work constantly criticized, which is interesting given his stature.

Blame the fans, not me. I'm going by what they're saying.
It sounds like you're going by fans *on twitter*, which nobody should ever do.

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
gear 5 cartoon effects, useless monkey D Dragon and 10 minutes or less boss battles.

Cortes

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Cliffhangers not getting a follow-up next chapter, 10 minute stuff