Seinen - Tongari Boushi no Atelier by Kamome Shirahama | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Tongari Boushi no Atelier by Kamome Shirahama

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
How do you enjoy it so far ?
I finished 7 volumes so far, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Strong cast/characterization, magic system is good, and like the world-building. The 2nd exam arc especially was excellent, as all characters got to shine and hit all the right emotional beats. I like when all 4 disciples come together and make magic happen, such as the dragon cushion and double rainbow. Teamwork makes the dream work.

I like the magic system, it reminds me of computer programming, take some basic commands, expand and customize into your own program/magic.

I heard so much great things about the art, and when I started I thought it was overrated. Turns out the site had poor scan qualities, switch and in fact the art is awesome. The style, decorative framing, double spreads, expressive close-ups, character design, and colorings are top notch.

My Favorite panels/art:

Also, still Team BrimHat. I heavily dislike the current status quo and rigidity of the current structure. I find it suffocating for the witches, especially with the monitoring and how every action can be scrutinized, and the limiting of potential with clear boundaries, for example medicine. Then, there's the clear differentiation from normal people, calling them "unknowing" :nah. So, yes, Coco is our hope, plus she looks so good in the BrimHat design.

Who is your fave characters so far.
Don't know if it's what you expected or a surprise, but, as of now, they are:

1. Iguin: Great early presentation as an antagonist. Awesome design and some really great panels, has got quite the flair. Let him keep cooking.

2. Riche: One of the main centerpieces of best arc(that I've read) and arguably shined the most. I liked her development there with finding her path forward, and the way she and Euini balanced each other was great. I hope we get more in the future, probably via timeskip. Also, her magic is very nice, plus angriche panels.

3. Beldaruit: I love his character archtype in general. Seemingly carefree and flamboyant, but more than meets the eye.

Tier 2
4. Coco: Honestly, just love her approach to magic, it goes back to coding to me, the way she thinks and approaches problems is fun to see.

5. Olruggio: He's a good man, respectable, and reliable. He'll probably keep rising in my list.

6. Euini: Same thing mentioned earlier. But also goes to show how important a good master is, it can make or break someone's future. Was glad to see how Riche and Alaira treated him, and him find his footing. I am rooting for him.

7. Tetia: The light of positivity. Her purpose/goal is so simple, but she's so bright and genuine, its great to see.

HM: Tartar: Nice mini-arc with Coco, looking forward to their stall

I didn't list Qifrey, don't have a formed opinion on him yet. He is an excellent teacher, I love how he spends his time with his students and engages them, it presented very well. He is actually what Gojo simps claim Gojo is as a sensei. But, I guess it depends on his actions, and what he does. Like we had the shooting star panel, but I felt off because what he did to Olruggio just before.

And you know, its getting soon, an anime :zomg
Yep, but seems still a good bit of time, 2025 at the earliest?

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I heard so much great things about the art, and when I started I thought it was overrated. Turns out the site had poor scan qualities, switch and in fact the art is awesome. The style, decorative framing, double spreads, expressive close-ups, character design, and colorings are top notch.

My Favorite panels/art:
Awesome,to me the art was the 1st thing that caught my interest it is unique and captivating, the framing, the shapes, the interplay of light and darkness. Every aspect is so well executed, giving both enchanting and terrifying vibes. I do love most of those you posted, i can add those, but honestly everything is so great.

that symbolism again !

I can only recommend you to watch this :

I didn't list Qifrey, don't have a formed opinion on him yet. He is an excellent teacher, I love how he spends his time with his students and engages them, it presented very well. He is actually what Gojo simps claim Gojo is as a sensei. But, I guess it depends on his actions, and what he does. Like we had the shooting star panel, but I felt off because what he did to Olruggio just before.
I feel similar about him, tho I love him. to me Orlugio > Qilfrey same way Nanami > Gojo to keep your comparison.

Yep, but seems still a good bit of time, 2025 at the earliest?
Oh, I can't tell yet. But it was revealed around the same time as Kusuriya and Frieren's animes announcement, so hopefully before 2025.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Caught up! The current arc is amazing but I do wonder how it is for everyone who keeps up with it monthly, as it's been going on for about 3 yrs, while I binged it.

With the whole leech situation, you just know the cover up is gonna be Brimhat bad. Though Ininia and her faction just wanted to meet the king. And this whole thing was caused by a former Wise, an old geezer just going fuck it. Hell, he was terrible, but his line of control and restriction actually made sense too. But, I know it's going to just reflect poorly on the Brimhats and generalize them.

Also, while Luluci is awesome and Vinana is a cool boss, I hope the Knights Moralis goes through major change. Their whole thing of swing, swing, swing, memory delete, and move on is just so wrong. I get their want for revenge, but they never actually reflected that their whole memory seal stuff is wrong and how it affects people, not to mention Calga was at fault. On another note, the Galga situation is pretty interesting now, gotta commend his partner for not giving up.

Favorite panels/moments part 2:

Have to say the cast is simply top-tier, the care and characterization given to so many is rare to see in a series.

Updated favorite character list:

Tier 1

Riche: She had the best contraption! And her reunion with her brother was beautifully done.

Coco and Qifrey: It's clear they're the best characters in the manga.

Coco's resolve and response amidst het struggle with the status quo and increasing awareness to what's happening around her, has been great to follow.

Qifrey is honestly one of the best sensei's in manga period. I was unsure earlier, but I'm riding with him to the end.

Iguin*: Well hasn't appeared this arc, so moved him down for now based on the other's gains.

Beldaruit: I almost lost faith in him just a chapter ago, but let's see what grandmaster cooks up.

Tartar: I honestly thought he was gonna be a minor character, so I welcomed the increased focus. Just like Coco, love how he's aware of the faults with the status quo. Plus Tartar x Coco is great.

Tier 2

Olly: Same as what I said before, but love how reliable he is.

Euini: Same as before

Agott: Really good development in the procession, her and Coco on stage is easily one if the best moments of the series. Earlier, I found her goals boring, but like she's shifted away from that for now.

Luluci: Best knight by far. Hopefully, she spearheads change.

Dagda: He's a good man too, with a nice backstory. It's pretty tragic what's happening with him.

Ininia: Her memory swipe panel was so cold and perfect. And an interesting turn with her basically being "adopted" for now.

Tetia: Same as before. Tho I'm wary of the prince.

I'm not big on Custas. He has good intentions, but he def was an ass to Coco and Tartar. His story with Dagad is tragic though, hopefully they get a good resolution.

Following the thread, I saw @Hermit. You ConeHat, keeping this magic(manga) to yourself, never rec'd it. :nah Your Fav. list?

@Brandish μ with Riche taste :pleased

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Following the thread, I saw @Hermit. You ConeHat, keeping this magic(manga) to yourself, never rec'd it. :nah Your Fav. list?
Its getting an anime next year as well lol. I thought everyone knew about it, its rather popular.

My favorites? Agata and Riche top 2. That is all ;)

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Its getting an anime next year as well lol. I thought everyone knew about it, its rather popular.
Studio, team, VA, teaser hasn't been announced/shown yet tho. I doubt for 2024. On the bright side, seems like the production schedule is going on it's own pace.

Ok, I jus wanted to use an analogy joke lol. I had def known of the series, but it's def not mainstream or has a big community.

My favorites? Agata and Riche top 2. That is all ;)
:hi5

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Ok, I jus wanted to use an analogy joke lol. I had def known of the series, but it's def not mainstream or has a big community.
Hmm I thought it was more popular than that. Interesting.

And yeah, the irregular updates are sucky. Honestly I reread the manga twice and still feel like im forgetting stuff -.- It feels like the kind of thing you are better off reading in a go.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
This Christmas art from Shirahama is amazing

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Caught up! The current arc is amazing but I do wonder how it is for everyone who keeps up with it monthly, as it's been going on for about 3 yrs, while I binged it.
Depends how good your memory is I guess, but I like the arc by arc binge.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chap. 75

Beldaruit cooked :pleased

Luluci: Best knight by far. Hopefully, she spearheads change.
It's starting.

That ending tho, Qifrey's being repelled(?). I looked back at Custas before and after he met Ininia, his eyes lost their light/life. I guess Ininia's master's gonna appear real soon given Coco saw the King and the reference to the wind.

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States

Great to see all the girls get a moment to shine :D. I really like Coco and Belda’s dynamic. Whenever he goes into “Wise” mode, she breaks down those walls and then both work together great.

Easthies really has a stick so far up his ass.

doomrider7

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Eventually :nod
How do you enjoy it so far ? Who is your fave characters so far.
And you know, its getting soon, an anime :zomg

I'm sorry, but the Brimhat outfit just has maxed out drip compared to the other one.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I don't remember where I read that WHA would get an anime. Was I tripping?