Hangout - Tournament General Discussion/Hangout Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Tournament General Discussion/Hangout Thread

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

Welcome to the Fairy Tail Tournament Discussion Thread!

This is where all general discussions about the tournament will take place, that is, the tournament's hangout. Before you join the discussion we ask you to get familiar with the Tournament Rules.

Agenda of discussion:
  • Predictions about the strongest contestant in the tournament and potential winners. You can also share your predictions about the matchups for the latter stage battles!
  • With Fairy Tail's huge cast, bringing everyone in was impossible. We also had to consider characters who would be too powerful to participate. Is there anyone you miss that would have been a better choice than others? How far would they have gotten in the tournament?
  • General thoughts around the tournament.
The staff has decided to not allow any other fight discussions to take place while the Fairy Tail Tournament is ongoing, as it would distract and ultimately disrupt the Tournament.

This means that while the tournament is running, Domus Flau will be temporarily hidden. Rest assured that all the threads will reappear unchanged and be available again as soon as the tournament is over. We hope you understand our reasoning behind this choice, as this event is a rare one and should be given full focus for it's full duration.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I have a question?Is DF of Natsu allowed in this tournament?

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have a question?Is DF of Natsu allowed in this tournament?
Natsu is in another group, and as Dragon Force is part of his magic that has been used at will, yes he can use Dragon Force.

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Poor Elfman.. xD

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I still miss participants like Ultear, Rufus and Seilah though. Well, I'm just happy Minerva is in it xD.

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I still miss participants like Ultear, Rufus and Seilah though. Well, I'm just happy Minerva is in it xD.
No Rufus o.O thank you to point that out i wonder now why we know more about his magic than some other characters ( he explained it in very detailed way )..
Even so i fell bad for side characters especially the one from not the fairy tail guild cause they will got no feats to begin with ( except Sherria none of the side character have gain a single feat or show that in one year timeskip they improved they skill in any way ).
Characters like Rogue and Minerva are not in condition to gain new feats or show any improvement , Kagura was become a pushover in whole Hargeon battle
It will end up that we will choose between current FT characters ( Even Elfman will soon get more feats than any other side character except Sherria :P) vs GmG side characters vs hyped characters ( Gilldarts/GoI ) vs Alvarez...

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Why is the poll for Group B Battle Royale hidden? I'd like to keep track of the results.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Why is the poll for Group B Battle Royale hidden? I'd like to keep track of the results.
And what does the poll mean by waiting until it os manually edited? You guys can change the results of the polls yourselves?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Is it working for you now? I believe there was a problem with seeing the polls but it was fixed.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Is it working for you now? I believe there was a problem with seeing the polls but it was fixed.
Nope, I still can't see the results :/.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Nope, I still can't see the results :/.
Sorry for the inconvenience. The poll result is supposed to be hidden until the voting is over. Group A results were accidentally revealed. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience. :)

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
And what does the poll mean by waiting until it os manually edited? You guys can change the results of the polls yourselves?
As mentioned above, the poll results are supposed to be hidden until the poll closes. Group A's poll results reveal was an error.
Also, no, we can't change the results of the polls. That statement simply refers to manually making the results visible not editing the results themselves.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have to agree with that. As much as I enjoy seeing the results as well as who voted in each category, the way Group B Battle Royale is handled is the best way.

Keeping polls hidden is a way to prevent bias when it comes to voting. Looking at the poll progress and especially who votes in which category sometimes causes people to be biased and vote for the one that is most popular.

So far, in Group A and Group B, it's not that big of a deal as most of the choices are no brainers, but in other group stages in the future, especially when we get to the bracket stages, keeping the polls hidden will be necessary.

Memicky

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I have a question because of the results in group c. Mira and Jura have both 26 votes and are together the 4. But there can only advance 4 participants to the next round. Will be there another voting for the two or is there any other thing planned because of it?

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I have a question because of the results in group c. Mira and Jura have both 26 votes and are together the 4. But there can only advance 4 participants to the next round. Will be there another voting for the two or is there any other thing planned because of it?
In the event of a tie they both advance, and there will be a 3-way battle in the next round (Jura v Mira v another character).

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel like i have an important question i would like answered. How come DiMaria's age seal is banned, but Jacob's Transport isn't?

Both are equally hax, but you just set a time limit to Transport, which the manga gave no indication to it being for a set amount of time.

I dont think thats very fair. If Age Seal is banned, so should Transport...