Hangout - Tournament General Discussion/Hangout Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Tournament General Discussion/Hangout Thread

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
After that error I just made, kinda feels weird that I haven't received a manga panel of DiMaria lecturing me @ahmadrizqik
Lol I did realise it, but I was refraining. Okay I give you this.

With DiMaria beating Ajeel, and Jacob beating Mard; I am 2 out of 4 in the Bo16 rounds. :(

So am I. I voted for Ajeel and Jacob, unfortunately they didn't advance. As for Battle Royale round, all of my votes have advanced, except one: Neinhart. He was replaced by Sherria.

Rain Cloud

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Why is it that Mira is stuck in a three way fight while everyone else thus far has a 1 on 1..

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Why is it that Mira is stuck in a three way fight while everyone else thus far has a 1 on 1..
It's because Jura and Mira finished equal 4th place in Group C, so we had to make it into a 3-way fight.

It's probably more unfair on Jellal, who finished 1st in Group A. He didn't get to go solo against a 4th ranked person.

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Sadly the tournament was organized before we got to see some of the stronger mages take part(i.e. August, Irene,Invel,Larade,Bradman, Zeref, etc.)

Oh and would a future team battle be possible?

Like a team of 6 mages against another team of the same amount?

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Sadly the tournament was organized before we got to see some of the stronger mages take part(i.e. August, Irene,Invel,Larade,Bradman, Zeref, etc.)

Oh and would a future team battle be possible?

Like a team of 6 mages against another team of the same amount?
This thread is also for suggestions so you're allowed to post opinions on how to make potential future tournaments more interesting/fun.

For the future team battles, well it depends. Each suggestion made here will be taken into consideration in case of next time. Though 6 vs 6 seems a bit too much. Having to account for 12 combatants and access each as well as how they'll perform might be somewhat tasking, That's if we're talking about tournament in a general sense.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
This thread is also for suggestions so you're allowed to post opinions on how to make potential future tournaments more interesting/fun.

For the future team battles, well it depends. Each suggestion made here will be taken into consideration in case of next time. Though 6 vs 6 seems a bit too much. Having to account for 12 combatants and access each as well as how they'll perform might be somewhat tasking, That's if we're talking about tournament in a general sense.
Holt how about taking the best 4 like we do in world cups and then pitting them against 4 characters who didn't enter the tournament.Or perhaps a tag team battle between the Winner and the Runnerup together vs 2 Characters who didn't enter the tournament.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
The Bo16 Round has concluded and we have out QuarterFinalists!

We'll take a short break and resume the Tournament on June 10th!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Holt how about taking the best 4 like we do in world cups and then pitting them against 4 characters who didn't enter the tournament.Or perhaps a tag team battle between the Winner and the Runnerup together vs 2 Characters who didn't enter the tournament.
Team battles or individuals? Doesn't sound like a bad idea though it wouldn't be too soon if we do have one like that.

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Jellal 50, Mira 11... yes, it is realy realy honest tournament

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Team battles or individuals? Doesn't sound like a bad idea though it wouldn't be too soon if we do have one like that.
Maybe we could also stage multiple polls ranging from Favorite FT villain, Best morbid past, Most relatable character, Fan favorite, Most useful character, Most relevant side-character, and so on.

An award styled event wherein we have the FT fans come to a consensus in these matters.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India

Just imagine Tournament Winner and Tournament Runners up together forming a team to fight August.By the time this tournament ends hopefully we will get to know August's magic full and can have this match.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I expected Mira to have some more votes at least. Well, congratulations Jellal. Your win was nothing more than unfair and unrealistic.

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
I expected Mira to have some more votes at least. Well, congratulations Jellal. Your win was nothing more than unfair and unrealistic.
I expect Jellal vs Laxus to be the next match. I wonder what would the votes say :)

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Maybe we could also stage multiple polls ranging from Favorite FT villain, Best morbid past, Most relatable character, Fan favorite, Most useful character, Most relevant side-character, and so on.

An award styled event wherein we have the FT fans come to a consensus in these matters.
You mean like Fairy Tail Award? Thanks for the suggestion. Actually an event like award had ever been held, though it was before I join this site

I expect Jellal vs Laxus to be the next match. I wonder what would the votes say :)
Don't stop hoping. Jellal vs Laxus could happen ;) fufufufu :teehee:teehee

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
If i am not mistaken Natsu will face Mard Geer in Quarterfinals and Laxus against Wahl again.

JamieF!

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Guess it would be Laxus because of all his fanboys.

I expect him to turn out to be the winner of this tournament -,-

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Guess it would be Laxus because of all his fanboys.

I expect him to turn out to be the winner of this tournament -,-
Natsu will win, it is decidedly

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
If i am not mistaken Natsu will face Mard Geer in Quarterfinals and Laxus against Wahl again.
The tournament doesn't have a seeded/pooled structure onward from the Bo17 round. So the table in the Info Thread isn't how the QF's will look like.