Hangout - Tournament General Discussion/Hangout Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Tournament General Discussion/Hangout Thread

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I feel like i have an important question i would like answered. How come DiMaria's age seal is banned, but Jacob's Transport isn't?

Both are equally hax, but you just set a time limit to Transport, which the manga gave no indication to it being for a set amount of time.

I dont think thats very fair. If Age Seal is banned, so should Transport...
Since you've noted this here, we would consider further evaluating both magic for future rounds in order to make things balanced as much as possible.

Last edited:

~Charging Lightning~

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I view Age Seal as more broken than transport tbh. People who are as fast as/faster than Happy can just stop Jacob from casting transport altogether (depending on the fighting distance ofc). Dimaria's Age Seal can be cast in an instant and her opponents become sitting ducks.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I view Age Seal as more broken than transport tbh. People who are as fast as/faster than Happy can just stop Jacob from casting transport altogether (depending on the fighting distance ofc). Dimaria's Age Seal can be cast in an instant and her opponents become sitting ducks.
I agree, but from what weve seen both are just too hax? Who can stop those 2 magic? I cant think of anyone besides Hyperboin of the Gods of Ishgar, who may be able to paralyze him before he claps but thats it. I just kinda see it as just too op for this competion. Thank you Holt for looking into it

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree, but from what weve seen both are just too hax? Who can stop those 2 magic? I cant think of anyone besides Hyperboin of the Gods of Ishgar, who may be able to paralyze him before he claps but thats it. I just kinda see it as just too op for this competion. Thank you Holt for looking into it
Well Happy did stop it by himself. Which leads me to believe that anyone with Happy+ speed can stop his clap. The scene was for gags though, so I'll understand if you still find it as OP as Age Seal.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
To be honest, we don't really need to ban Jacob's magic. It's pretty much useless anyways and is pretty featless.

I am all ok if we say that as long as you are Happy Speed+, Jacob won't be able to use it.

And to be real honest, reaching Happy Speed is not that hard, you can literally just throw a tangible object and that will be good enough to stop Jacob.

Happy is known for his ability to fly, even a noob like Jet (Jet is cool btw) can outclass Happy Speed.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
If we don't people are going to be saying that if he claps fast enough he coild whoop anyone. Its already happenkng in other threads. You say its featless but it did wipe out fairy tail quicker than anyone could react

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
If we don't people are going to be saying that if he claps fast enough he coild whoop anyone. Its already happenkng in other threads. You say its featless but it did wipe out fairy tail quicker than anyone could react

The only thing shown so far is that he can transport you to another dimension. That part is a feat.

But killing you is not a feat. He said he could instantly kill anybody in his other dimension. Given his performance, Jacob is not a credible source. He exaggerates too much and we have no proof of him ever killing someone with transport.

In other words:

Transport (to send them to another dimension) ---> FEAT

Transport (to send them to another dimension AND kill them) -----> FEATLESS

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
The only thing shown so far is that he can transport you to another dimension. That part is a feat.

But killing you is not a feat. He said he could instantly kill anybody in his other dimension. Given his performance, Jacob is not a credible source. He exaggerates too much and we have no proof of him ever killing someone with transport.

In other words:

Transport (to send them to another dimension) ---> FEAT

Transport (to send them to another dimension AND kill them) -----> FEATLESS
How will you fight jacob from the demension he sends you? There wasnt mention of a time limit, he can keep you there forever, as far as we know. Its incredibly hax, which is why the moderators are correctly discussing whether or not what i have said is valid

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
How will you fight jacob from the demension he sends you? There wasnt mention of a time limit, he can keep you there forever, as far as we know. Its incredibly hax, which is why the moderators are correctly discussing whether or not what i have said is valid

No, that problem has already been addressed and resolved. @Holt has already stated this in the Rules and Tournament Info Thread (the one above this one).

I'll directly post Rule #2 here:

Jacob's Stealth won't be allowed to permanently teleport opponents to another dimension. He can temporarily do so however.

~ Fairy Tail Tournament Rules and Tournament Info Thread

This was taken directly from Holt's post. He had told us that this was one of the rules outlined for Jacob for the entire duration of the tournament itself.

Last edited:

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
No, that problem has already been addressed and resolved. @Holt has already stated this in the Rules and Tournament Info Thread (the one above this one.

I'll directly post Rule #2 here:

1. Jacob's Stealth won't be allowed to permanently teleport opponents to another dimension. He can temporarily do so however.

~ Fairy Tail Tournament Rules and Tournament Info Thread

This was taken directly from Holt's post. He had told us that this was one of the rules outlined for Jacob for the entire duration of the tournament itself.
Thats the problem, why does he only get a time limit placed on his magic but DiMaria's is out all together. That's my complaint, if you read my first post then you could understand a bit better, i'm only asking that both haxx magic be treated equally. Why didn't Dimaria just get a time limit placed on her magic? See what i mean?

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thats the problem, why does he only get a time limit placed on his magic but DiMaria's is out all together. That's my complaint, if you read my first post then you could understand a bit better, i'm only asking that both haxx magic be treated equally. Why didn't Dimaria just get a time limit placed on her magic? See what i mean?

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with you. I agree that I don't like Jacob's or Dimaria's magic because they are both hax magic.

In fact, from the beginning, I have disliked both of their magic.

To be honest with you, I really don't care whether the mods decide to change the rule between Jacob's and Dimaria's magic restrictions. Either way, it won't affect me.

If I had to guess though, I think the reason why they allowed Jacob's hax magic but put a time limit on it and banned Dimaria's magic is because Jacob's magic so far has not shown to be able to instantly kill, only transport to a different dimension.

So if they put a time limit on it, eventually the person who is transported will be released and not look like a dead fish when they re-appear.

On the other hand, even though Dimaria has never actually killed someone with her time-stopping magic, she has instantly shattered other people armor and stripped them naked using her time-stopping magic.

Through those feats, the mods probably found enough evidence for Dimaria to actually insta-kill somebody.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree with both of you guys here. I see Lexusflame's point about how people tend to overrate Jacob. I can also see how you want a fair treatment between Dimaria and Jacob. However, I do agree with Nemispelled as well that there is a slight difference. Dimaria has shown capabilities of being able to affect her opponent when she uses Time Magic. She also demonstrated enough power to take on Kagura and kill DF Wendy + Carla. On the other hand, Jacob has no feats. He literally transports everyone to a different dimension and thats it. The part where he says he can kill them instantly is all hype. Like I've said before, it is similar to how Mard Geer said his Momento Mori can kill Zeref. It didn't happen meaning it isn't true, until proven with feats or confirmed through continuous hype from numerous characters). Either way, I've asked the question before, "How does Jacob kill his opponents once they are in a different dimension?". Whether it is a short amount of time or permanently, it shouldn't make much of a difference.

Physical Attacks? If he uses hand-to-hand combat, it will prove to be useless. We saw Natsu endure his throwing knives and even melted them upon impact without breaking a sweat. Maybe if you have low defense like Lucy then you will get affected, but still, Jacob cannot defeat the majority of these characters with just knives.

Other Attacks? Anything else is hype. So far we've barely seen him use magical attacks. He is a physical combatant. To assume Jacob can place his targets in a coma, release monsters that take away lives, or whatever magic you can think of is just speculation. We can do that with any character...

To this day, I still can't comprehend the fact that Jacob made it to the next stage... The moderators can change the rule if they want but it doesn't matter. Jacob should have lost already and I am an advocate for that. But either way, he should be eliminated next round...

Last edited:

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
WHAT??? You equal simple roar with the strongest spell in entire manga??
Abyss Break isn't even Jellal's strongest move let alone in the whole manga :lmao

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Abyss Break isn't even Jellal's strongest move let alone in the whole manga :lmao
I think it is his strongest spell but obviously not the strongest in the entire manga. Far from it.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
The Group Stages are over. We'll begin the Best of 16 Round tomorrow as scheduled. Stay Tuned!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The Bo16 Round has Begun! The first 2 battles are live. Also, we've considered the issue with Jacob's transport and have modified the Character Limitations in the Info thread.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Battle 3 (Natsu vs Wolfheim) and Battle 4 (Mard Geer vs Jacob) of Bo16 round are now live!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Battle 5 (Wahl Icht vs Erza Scarlet) and Battle 6 (Laxus Dreyar vs Gajeel Redfox) of Bo16 are now live!

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
With DiMaria beating Ajeel, and Jacob beating Mard; I am 2 out of 4 in the Bo16 rounds. :(