Hangout - Tournament Hangout Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Tournament Hangout Thread

Which character, not in the tournament, should have been?

• Acnologia (human only)

• A GMG dragon

• Zeref with no restrictions

• Mavis

• Hades with Heart

• Ichiya

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire

Welcome to the FT Fight Tournament Hangout Thread

This thread is for general discussion about the tournament. Please take some time to be familiar with the Tournament Rules; and of course Forum Rules apply here.

Topics for discussion here can include:
  • General inquiries or questions regarding the tournament can be made here
  • Predictions about winners/losers each round or future rounds
  • Tournament outcomes - were they right/wrong to you? Let the salt flow.
  • Thoughts about how the tournament is running and feedback is welcomed.
Domus Flau has been temporarily hidden while the FT Tournament is running, since fight discussion there would disrupt there would impede the flow of this contest. Once the Tournament is over, Domus Flau will be returned to it's original state in all its glory.

Please use this Hangout for Tournament related discussion and not the Fairy Tail Hangout Thread in the main section.

Last edited:

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
you know, the sad thing is that some people didn't even get any feats or some stayed the same like Laxus etc while others got big screen time.

I think we should have waited when FT ends which will be soon but oh well, have fun :super

I won't participate either way.

Last edited:

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Glad that the second annual tournament is finally here. I'm personally enjoying the set-up so far..

Although, I do have 2 questions before the tournament actually starts.

Last year, there was confusion between Jellal being able to use Mystogan's magic. Is this allowed or has further restrictions been applied?

Secondly, how do we determine when Lucy has already broken a key to summon CSK? Is that for each individual's perspective or somehow for a collective group?

Because people may decide to use the 'broken key' in different battles. For example, I may think a battle is easy enough for Lucy to win without CSK, but others may not.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
you know, the sad thing is that some people didn't even get any feats or some stayed the same like Laxus etc while others got big screen time.

I think we should have waited when FT ends which will be soon but oh well, have fun :super

I won't participate either way
Waiting would probably be the most ideal situation. Unfortunately, events have designated dates for when they are supposed to start. And it happens that the Fairy Tail Tournament falls around this time.

Last edited:

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
TO Sherria is allowed :blush:zomg
Thank you whoever decided to have her as a contestant :amuse
Definitely one of the more impressive characters this arc :hip

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Seems the first round where certain number of mages will be grouped together and only Top 4 will go.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Alright once again i'll be asking for details about TO.
Are we talking about a normal, cannon TO, lasting 20 seconds? Or is it unlimited?

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Alright once again i'll be asking for details about TO.
Are we talking about a normal, cannon TO, lasting 20 seconds? Or is it unlimited?
Use the canon version of any character or power-up. Canonically, 3rd origin runs out after Chelia used her godslaying secret art. I don't believe 3rd origin ever had a specified time limit. It was simply until Chelia used up all the power she would ever have access to in her lifetime.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Use the canon version of any character or power-up. Canonically, 3rd origin runs out after Chelia used her godslaying secret art. I don't believe 3rd origin ever had a specified time limit. It was simply until Chelia used up all the power she would ever have access to in her lifetime.
When Sherria got granted TO she was able to do 10 seconds of CQC, then a little talk and then her godslaying secret art. So basically in the tournament, if Sherria wins against her opponent if she can defeat this opponent with this secret art.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Glad that the second annual tournament is finally here. I'm personally enjoying the set-up so far..

Although, I do have 2 questions before the tournament actually starts.

Last year, there was confusion between Jellal being able to use Mystogan's magic. Is this allowed or has further restrictions been applied?

Secondly, how do we determine when Lucy has already broken a key to summon CSK? Is that for each individual's perspective or somehow for a collective group?

Because people may decide to use the 'broken key' in different battles. For example, I may think a battle is easy enough for Lucy to win without CSK, but others may not.
Hmmm... We didn't specify these things but to answer your question (from my perspective):

1) Jellal shouldn't be able to use Mystogan's magic. The staves he used can be considered an "equipment" which wasn't shown in the current arc. That is not to say all feats are limited to this arc only. But since it's very outdated, Jellal is only limited to the spells he has shown.

2) It's impossible for everyone to agree when CSK will be summoned (and which celestial spirit will be sacrificed for that matter). Therefore, I'd say it is from an individual's perspective. Just keep in mind that one of Lucy's celestial spirit has to be sacrificed in order for CSK to be summoned. And this can happen for any battle.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States

I won't participate either way.
Why not bro????:8C

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Why not bro????:8C
there were many unfair thing last year.

you weren't there but I was so...

but don't worry I will vote.

Jellal did won against Laxus last year because of Mystogan magic.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
there were many unfair thing last year.

you weren't there but I was so...

but don't worry I will vote.

Jellal did won against Laxus last year because of Mystogan magic.
Who are the judges for this year? how can mystogan magic beat laxus :loool

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
Who are the judges for this year? how can mystogan magic beat laxus :loool
There's no judges. There's a thread and a poll for each match-up and everyone gets to discuss and vote on who they think will win. After time is up (don't remember how long we had for each round last time, maybe a couple of days?) the mage with the most votes moves on to the next round.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
There's no judges. There's a thread and a poll for each match-up and everyone gets to discuss and vote on who they think will win. After time is up (don't remember how long we had for each round last time, maybe a couple of days?) the mage with the most votes moves on to the next round.
Lol this gonna be like a popularity contest think about it the hate for natsu is strong in this forums he might lose to some1 like gray because he isn't hated as much

Last edited:

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Lol this gonna be like a popular contest think about it the hate for natsu is strong in this forums he might lose to some1 like gray because he isn't hated as much
lol no man.

actually, Natsu won in the last year.

also, we should restrict DF. its way too OP to let it in the tournament.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
lol no man.

actually, Natsu won in the last year.

also, we should restrict DF. its way too OP to let it in the tournament.
Lol HOW???? Omg then this tournament is gonna be very difficult. DF natsu is literally gonna blazes thru characters he literally the 3rd strongest in the whole series right now

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmmm... We didn't specify these things but to answer your question (from my perspective):

1) Jellal shouldn't be able to use Mystogan's magic. The staves he used can be considered an "equipment" which wasn't shown in the current arc. That is not to say all feats are limited to this arc only. But since it's very outdated, Jellal is only limited to the spells he has shown.

2) It's impossible for everyone to agree when CSK will be summoned (and which celestial spirit will be sacrificed for that matter). Therefore, I'd say it is from an individual's perspective. Just keep in mind that one of Lucy's celestial spirit has to be sacrificed in order for CSK to be summoned. And this can happen for any battle.

If it's from the individual's perspective, then I suppose somebody would have to be keeping track? I suspect that this will be based off of an honor system, since it will be difficult to keep of each member's choice in which celestial spirit to sacrifice.

Common sense says to sacrifice the weakest spirit first, but even that may be arguable among various participants.

Either way, I don't mind if CSK is used in every single one of Lucy's battle, so it wouldn't affect me if somebody cheated.

As for Jellal's case, that's good to hear. I was very much against Jellal adopting Mystogan's magic last year.

With these in mind, I'm fully prepared. I'll be looking forward to the commencement of the tournament.