Hangout - Tournament Hangout Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Tournament Hangout Thread

Which character, not in the tournament, should have been?

• Acnologia (human only)

• A GMG dragon

• Zeref with no restrictions

• Mavis

• Hades with Heart

• Ichiya

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
And now we have fight between R or D and Mira. Who should win? Time stop, AntGirl or Macro? :cheez
I win of course :hmph

Tell me who is this great fighter.

Is it
Neinhart
Neinhart is already in the list (number 26) -_-

You must have got inspired by his silhouette right? :teehee

Last edited:

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Nemispelled

We do have a super-secret "???" character in group D that the modly Brandish will decide. :)

Yeah, I did notice the question marks on the 32nd character before the tournament started.

But to beat August, it would have to be Mavis or an extremely powerful character who uses Curses instead of Magic.

Since August has shown to copy and cancel all forms of magic, even dragons would become practically useless against him. August could arguably copy a dragon's roar or whatever magic that they use, and cancel it.

He could even use their own dragon's roar against them or defeat them with his own set of nukes, such as the heat-based pillar spell.

The person who would give August competition would be Acnologia, but given his recent feats, I'm really starting to doubt that as well.

But as you said, let's leave it to the almighty Brandish to make the final call.

Depending on how well Irene, August, and DF Natsu stacks up in the tournament, we might include Zeref (without Fairy Heart) to balance the odds. Or like...a dragon. It's Brandish's call

Nice try, but I already know who the 32nd character will be.

I mean, you practically spilled the secret when you posted this in the Hangout Thread.

Remember? Besides, Brandish already approves of this. So, the way I see it, the 32nd character has already been decided.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Nice try, but I already know who the 32nd character will be.

I mean, you practically spilled the secret when you posted this in the Hangout Thread.

Remember? Besides, Brandish already approves of this. So, the way I see it, the 32nd character has already been decided.
Oh noes. My attempts at misdirection has been exposed.

The true secret is out.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Yeah, I did notice the question marks on the 32nd character before the tournament started.

But to beat August, it would have to be Mavis or an extremely powerful character who uses Curses instead of Magic.

Since August has shown to copy and cancel all forms of magic, even dragons would become practically useless against him. August could arguably copy a dragon's roar or whatever magic that they use, and cancel it.

He could even use their own dragon's roar against them or defeat them with his own set of nukes, such as the heat-based pillar spell.

The person who would give August competition would be Acnologia, but given his recent feats, I'm really starting to doubt that as well.

But as you said, let's leave it to the almighty Brandish to make the final call.
Depends on the dragon. Though I would argue that any dragon on Irene's level still has the potential to just break August's bones with a claw swipe.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Depends on the dragon. Though I would argue that any dragon on Irene's level still has the potential to just break August's bones with a claw swipe.

That's true. But given August's speed, I would be fairly certain that he could dodge Irene's claw swipe, which seems quite slow.

August's movement and attack speed should give him enough time to react and cast a nuke after he dodges Irene's physical assault.

But if it were a parent dragon like Igneel, or possibly even Acnologia, then you do have a point.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
That's true. But given August's speed, I would be fairly certain that he could dodge Irene's claw swipe, which seems quite slow.

August's movement and attack speed should give him enough time to react and cast a nuke after he dodges Irene's physical assault.

But if it were a parent dragon like Igneel, or possibly even Acnologia, then you do have a point.
Hey don't say like this.August was visibly afraid of human Acnologia.Acnologia is sure to win.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey don't say like this.August was visibly afraid of human Acnologia.Acnologia is sure to win.

Yeah, that's true.

But in the last few chapters, Acnologia has really gone out of his way to unimpress me. To the point where I'm actually starting to doubt his capabilities myself.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Yeah, that's true.

But in the last few chapters, Acnologia has really gone out of his way to unimpress me. To the point where I'm actually starting to doubt his capabilities myself.
That's due to plot protection.Do you really believe if Acnologia fires a Dragon Roar at Christina,the ship would survive?

His roar blew up an entire island,so a ship is nothing to it.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's due to plot protection.Do you really believe if Acnologia fires a Dragon Roar at Christina,the ship would survive?

His roar blew up an entire island,so a ship is nothing to it.

I don't doubt his power.

But his intelligence is underwhelming. And his speed seems to be lacking quite a bit for a dragon.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
His roar blew up an entire island
No, he didn,t. Island just disappear in Fairy Sphere.
But yeah, Acno's roar can blow whole town.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
No, he didn,t. Island just disappear in Fairy Sphere.
But yeah, Acno's roar can blow whole town.
Weak character can do that.
Acnologia's roar is solid island level-maybe even country level judging by powerscaling.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Weak character can do that.
Acnologia's roar is solid island level-maybe even country level judging by powerscaling.
Town is not island lvl?
Yeah, in manga was said that Acno destroyed country, but we don't know that was with one roar.
Acno used his roar in Tartaros and it was very poor that must:3c

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Town is not island lvl?
Yeah, in manga was said that Acno destroyed country, but we don't know that was with one roar.
Acno used his roar in Tartaros and it was very poor that must:3c
Town is actually lesser.

It is like this.Lower to higher
Town
City
Large City
Mountain
Island
Country

Comparatively weaker characters have shown mountain busting attacks.While Acnologia has shown feats of island level attacks-maybe even country level if we go by hype.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Town is actually lesser.

It is like this.Lower to higher
Town
City
Large City
Mountain
Island
Country

Comparatively weaker characters have shown mountain busting attacks.While Acnologia has shown feats of island level attacks-maybe even country level if we go by hype.
But most of cities are bigger than mountain.
Young Jellal easily destroyed mountain.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
But most of cities are bigger than mountain.
Young Jellal easily destroyed mountain.
That was Anime only.

Maybe some cities are bigger than small mountains-not large mountains though

But mountains are more difficult to destroy because of rocks and boulders and other things.That's why if you check all powerscaling websites put mountains above cities.Mountains need more megatonne powers than cities to be destroyed.Cities can be destroyed by 2 Megatonne power-but mountains need atleast 6 Megatonne.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
No character is allowed preparation for the battle - spells such as runes can only be cast during the fight; and any wizard with modes/transformations start in their base state.
I've added this to Tournament Rule #4. It''s common sense, doubt it has any impact on past/future voting.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
But is this a bloodlust fight? example natsu Start atbase but can go FDKM or DF from the get go?
That's right. But he still has to start in base. He's free to use his magic as he sees fit after the bell rings.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The only exception is TO-Sherria - but we've defined her as having Third Origin already. So she starts that way...

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I've added this to Tournament Rule #4. It''s common sense, doubt it has any impact on past/future voting.
It's no sense. Natsu will win. 90% fans consider him their GOD. "Natsu is most powerfull wizard in the world" bullshit.
He didn't do the shit even to Serena's corpse...
It's no sense how many rules there be - Natsu is beyond competition.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
It's no sense. Natsu will win. 90% fans consider him their GOD. "Natsu is most powerfull wizard in the world" bullshit.
He didn't do the shit even to Serena's corpse...
It's no sense how many rules there be - Natsu is beyond competition.
No way, August's got this 100%. Even if Natsu's fans were as hardcore as you say, there are just as many people that hate the guy or dont give a crap about him