Hangout - Tournament Hangout Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Tournament Hangout Thread

Which character, not in the tournament, should have been?

• Acnologia (human only)

• A GMG dragon

• Zeref with no restrictions

• Mavis

• Hades with Heart

• Ichiya

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Natsu will still have competition from Irene (her dragon form is not restricted) and August. Restricting Dragon Force for Natsu would mean restricting Irene's dragon form and eliminating August from the competition. It should be noted that we've left a lot of things unrestricted for this tournament. Age Seal, Transport, and Brandish's magic are all open to interpretation on who it can and cannot effect. This is likely to be Fairy Tail's last tournament, so we wanted to include as much as possible. The only things that are clearly off the table is Fairy Heart and Acnologia, and suicide moves for obvious reasons (you need to be alive to win a round).

As for Lucy, we originally had an idea to make two separate options for Lucy, one to indicate that the Spirit King was used and we would restrict one of Lucy's spirits afterwards. The logistics of that made it too impractical, so that idea is scrapped. Lucy can used the Spirit King in every round, and her keys regenerate. The only canon showing of Lucy's spirit king summon is the one in Tartarus, and that's only Mard Geer's level. We feel this wouldn't be too overpowered in the long run.

Last edited:

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yea Age Seal and Command T are not restricted :) Here are some editing made by @Brandish

That was funny! But true.
Nice job!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Pretty hyped for the Fighting Tournament. It's the first time I'll ever be in one.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
So do the remaining 4 members of each group fight each other? Or are they getting mixed up randomly with other groups?

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
So do the remaining 4 members of each group fight each other? Or are they getting mixed up randomly with other groups?
There will be 4 winners (ones that have got the most votes) out of each group. They then proceed to next round (Best of 16), and randomly are pitted against each other (1 v 1 battle).

Also, there was a special case in previous event (Mirajane-Jura case). In the Battle Royale round, they got same number of votes, and therefore they proceeded to the next round (Bo16) as "one package", and were pitted against Jellal (a 3 way battle).

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Well the first round was great.

More or less everyone agreed.But from other rounds and group stages it will get heated up.Can't wait for it.Yeah :allthe

I thank all the organisers for giving us such a great tournament.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Since August is in this tournament, I'm predicting that he's going to win the championship by a large margin of votes.

The way he can copy and cancel a wizard's magic at will, already raises his chance of winning by... at least more than 75% if you ask me.

I'm fully expecting August to take the title this year, and I doubt there is anybody here who can stop him (which means I'll likely be voting August in every match he's in).

Unless it's August vs. Mavis in the finals (which it won't be), then it's a pretty safe bet that the Spriggan 12's Leader will win.

I'm damn sure of it.

So yes, my prediction for this year's victor is August.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
There is heavy chance August is going to win.

The only person who may stop August is Dragon Irene.

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hmmm, I also think that August most likely is going to be the winner. His magic is very hax. However if Natsu happens to come back in the next 4 chapters, and gets a new powerup, then it might go to him. Right now I think it's gonna be August though.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm sorry so u guys don't believe that DF natsu>august and Irene??? And what put mavis as a top tier anyways her immortality or fairy heart?

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm sorry so u guys don't believe that DF natsu>august and Irene??? And was put mavis as a top tier anyways her immortality or fairy heart?

In terms of power, yes DF Natsu is likely stronger than August.

But his attacks won't work if August just neutralizes them on the spot.

DF Natsu is far stronger than Irene, in my personal opinion.

And Mavis only beat August by the power of love between mother and son.

In terms of power, she's still pretty weak honestly.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Gotta agree with what was said above. August being in the tournament means the victor is already decided.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

Unnamed Namesake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Isn't the Spriggans' hax magic a bit unfair? Dimaria can stop time, Brandish can destroy your organs, Wahl is like the FT king of prep, Jacob can basically use Obito's kamui, Bloodman can give you FT cancer-AIDS, Larcade can pretty much rape you, Invel can freeze anything that isn't Gray, and August is invincible because holder-type magic sucks dick.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
@Nemispelled

We do have a super-secret "???" character in group D that the modly Brandish will decide. :)

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
Tell me who is this great fighter.

Is it
Neinhart
Don't be silly, no one in their right mind would have a weakling like Neinhart being the mystery fighter. Only someone of enormous power would be worthy of this position. Someone who instills unwavering terror into the hearts of their opponents and annihilates all who dare stand in their way without mercy. Someone like...

Romeo

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Tell me who is this great fighter.

Is it
Neinhart
It's a super secret. Okay not really but...

Depending on how well Irene, August, and DF Natsu stacks up in the tournament, we might include Zeref (without Fairy Heart) to balance the odds. Or like...a dragon. It's Brandish's call