Hangout - Tournament Hangout Thread | Page 22 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Tournament Hangout Thread

Which character, not in the tournament, should have been?

• Acnologia (human only)

• A GMG dragon

• Zeref with no restrictions

• Mavis

• Hades with Heart

• Ichiya

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
If the tournament was canon, who would have the better feats? (using the votes as difficulties here)

August:
Stomps Erza, Stomps God Serena (who low diffed Sting), Low-Mid diffs Natsu (who tied with Gildarts)

Irene:
Stomps Gajeel, Stomps DiMaria, Mid diffs both Zeref (who mid-high diffs Laxus) and Gildarts (who mid diffs Jellal) simultaneously

:derp
Irene for me,because i like her more then August....yes i am going to use my Fanboyism to its fullest,since this is mostly a War between Fandom's.
Anyway,vote for Irene Folks you won't regret it surely,nothing's more Beautiful then a Woman winning a Tourney overflowing with Male Contestants IMO.

Note:Just my Fanboying.

#IreneTakesTheTourney
#IreneFanboysAndFangirlsUnite
#AugustHadHisFunBetterStopHimNow

inactive lurker account

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Just a curiosity, and not that this is a likely scenario, but what happens when there's a tie in the finals?

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Just a curiosity, and not that this is a likely scenario, but what happens when there's a tie in the finals?
At this stage we're just hoping it doesn't end in a tie xD

Since it's the final we cannot have a tie. I'll get back to you on this, and update the tournament rules. I'd say something like leaving the polls open until another vote is cast is fair.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
In response to the poll, I voted Other.

It would have been nice if Igneel was one of the characters in this tournament. He would have done quite well in my opinion, namely against people like Irene, Zeref, and August.

I couldn't care less for the Spriggans in this tournament, let alone Acnologia who is currently a massive disappointment.

If we want to see a real dragon in action, Igneel would probably be the best choice since he has the most feats out of all the other parent dragons.

Plus, we could finally have a damn dragon that can show Irene what a "Dragon King" really looks like.

I wouldn't mind if we had top-tier Tartaros members in the tournament either: Mard Geer & Silver

Personally, I think they would perform better than many of the fodder Spriggans and Alvarez Arc Characters.

Silver was hyped to be END's killer and went easy on Gray in Tartaros. There is a good chance his Ice DeS powers can put up quite a performance in this tournament.

Mard Geer is the leader of Tartaros and required a combined assault of DeS Gray & DF Natsu to take him down. Not to mention, he has Memento Mori... so I would also consider this choice as an obvious one.

I would have a lot more fun arguing on Igneel, Mard Geer, or Silver's behalf... to be perfectly honest with you.

I'm tired of defending these lame Spriggans. I have absolutely no interest in exaggerating their failed powers.

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
If the tournament was canon, who would have the better feats? (using the votes as difficulties here)

August:
Stomps Erza, Stomps God Serena (who low diffed Sting), Low-Mid diffs Natsu (who tied with Gildarts)

Irene:
Stomps Gajeel, Stomps DiMaria, Mid diffs both Zeref (who mid-high diffs Laxus) and Gildarts (who mid diffs Jellal) simultaneously

:derp
August because he beat Erza and Natsu.:derp:verily:cheez

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Didnt realise today is the last day. Time sure flies really fast. I feel like Brandish and I were just talking about the pages yesterday. We talked about the final thread already having the most pages/posts on June 12th, which was one day after opening.

Anyways thank you for your participation :zomg The event would have been quiet without you. FT is ending soon too. Gonna miss you guys.

Laxus chan-yo

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Just to make sure, is there a member time length or post count minimum for those allowed to vote? I can totally see some randoms making dupes and ruining an otherwise fun event.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Well it was a great tournament.I thank all the mods and other participants for making it possible.

And congratulations to you August.Seems like Dragneel's again won the tournament.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Hello,

The Fairy Tail Fighting Tournament has come to an end. After almost 2 months of competition, we have our champion – August

August beat out his contemporary, Irene, in the final, and it was the most discussed thread in this event. There were several other highlights, such as Gildarts vs Natsu which ended in a draw, and of course the surprisingly hot thread that was Zeref vs Invel.

Tournament by the numbersTotal replies – 3008
Total views – 72341
Average replies per battle - 158
Average views per battle - 3807
Average votes per battle - 83
Most replies – 482 (Grand Final – August vs Irene)

As the Fairy Tail manga is drawing to a close, this is the last fighting tournament for FT, so it was great to see so many members get involved. Thank you all for participating in this event and to those who made this event possible.

- Brandish

EmptySoul

Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Congrats to all August fans for winning Fairy Tails popularity tournament 2017!!!!!! :super (Not salty at all :blush)

Anyways GG everyone,the discussions were fun mostly :XD :verily

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
August you have to win! Please.:pout
We did it bro. I'm happy your mans won the tourney. It was looking close there for a sec but it seems like August edged Irene out. Congrats.

Anyway this tourney, while it had its downs for me, was a fun experience. I got to know some interesting people like @Invel > Zeref and @Pheromone and overall it livened the fanbase a bit. I was more hyped to see who the winners of each match were than the actual FT chapters coming out. So many people had amazing arguments that actually had me re thinking my choice at times. Thanks to all the mods who helped make this experience as fun and as civil as possible.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'd like to extend a personal thank you to the staff responsible for this event. It was way more fun to watch and participate in than I had imagined and the result was an indication of just how much a community can change in a short time. The conversation was overall fairly respectful and when things did get rowdy it never got out of hand. So thanks to @Brandish @SirSamuel016 @DiMaria Yesta @Axiomus and @XXEliteXXAceXX for a good event :amuse

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
August won this huh?...i was surprised to say the least.

I legit thought Irene would win this,but it happened ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ so let's move on.
Congratulations to the People that Voted August,was a Nice Tourney.:victory
Thanks to the Mods that set up the Matches and Threads of course really well done.
The Debates were enjoyable sometimes.:kappa
Have a Nice Day everyone.

Laxus chan-yo

Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
August pulled through!

Justice and Truth reign supreme at the end of the day!

What a flawless victory. Sometimes the people just know. Not gonna lie still flabbergasted that Irene even made it into the final but at the end of the day people remember the winner not the runner up. Mangahelpers keepin it real

@Stormsfury @Alpharez @MLG Bradman @Orgastthemage
Y'all arguments were lightning sons!

Ma niccas @Laxus pwns natsu @~Charging Lightning~ @Seven777 @Atom @BluePegasus put in some honest to God's work too.

And we're scratching the surface here, team August was just so overwhelming in argumentation and volume.

@Zeref Spriggan @Emperor Spriggan @natsulucy and co. you guys still fought well

And @Jko you were like Lebron James facing Golden State. Inevitable defeat but still a candidate for MVP due to tenacity.

Also mods amazing tournament. You guys have amazing ideas and execution. These events are always so popular and add flair to the section.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Honestly surprised that August won, I saw many more posts in favor of Irene than August :XD. I guess there are still a lot of lurker voters. :p
Anyways glad that August won this tourney. It was blast, enjoyed it a lot. :)

Thanks to the mods for setting up and managing this fun event. @SirSamuel016 @DiMaria Yesta @Axiomus @XXEliteXXAceXX :verily

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Aw :(
Kinda bummed none of my candidates won in the end :pout
Gratz to August and all his fans though,hard won victory in the end.:zomg
So if we were to rank the strongest in the manga based on this tourney,it would be something like:
1.August
2.Irene
3.Zeref (Restricted)
4.Natsu
5.Gildarts
Not too shabby :mono;)

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Congratulations to August! This was definitely the right final match up, the sheer activity shows it.

And a big well done to all of the supporters on both sides, I haven't seen so many great arguments in one place on MH before.

Likewise, a big thanks to all of the mods for running this tourney, it was really fun. @SirSamuel016 @DiMaria Yesta @Axiomus @XXEliteXXAceXX@Brandish

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Damn, the wrong Spriggan won in the end (You should've won Irene!). But it was a fun tournament in the end with some interesting discussion, and it couldn't of been possible without @Brandish helping run this, as well as the rest of us greens. We can't forget all of the users who participated though as without you, the event would've been pretty dead (like Makarov was for a time) so thank you for helping us make this a success!