Hangout - Tournament Hangout Thread | Page 23 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Tournament Hangout Thread

Which character, not in the tournament, should have been?

• Acnologia (human only)

• A GMG dragon

• Zeref with no restrictions

• Mavis

• Hades with Heart

• Ichiya

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Damn, the wrong Spriggan won in the end (You should've won Irene!). But it was a fun tournament in the end with some interesting discussion, and it couldn't of been possible without @Brandish helping run this, as well as the rest of us greens. We can't forget all of the users who participated though as without you, the event would've been pretty dead (like Makarov was for a time) so thank you for helping us make this a success!
Brandish who? :kappa

inactive lurker account

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
I'm just glad the tournament match-ups turned out to look much better than the canonical results that have been shown to us, at least in terms of simulated fighting. To think that August was able to win against his closest rival who happens to be a dragon and an enchantress, the alleged strongest mage of Ishgar, the most hyped-up protagonist, and the main female character known for her tenacity and will to win... that should make for some nice fan fiction. Well, time to go back to being an inactive lurker until the next interesting gimmick

At least it's comfortable knowing that even though Hiro ruined and neglected the king of magic, he's getting a bit of due remembrance in this community. Similar things can be said about Irene, Zeref, and the other antagonists who met tragic or absurd ends... now I worry about Acnologia's fate

Last edited:

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Everyone knows 2nd is the new 1st :hmph

No but seriously congrats to August. Last one standing. Massively misused/underused by Hiro. Great tournament. Makes me almost sad FT is ending. The power rankings are always "fun" lol. Thanks for the hard work organizers.:zomg

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you to everyone who participated in this tournament! Whether you argued fiercely or just gave a vote, it all contributed to the event. Overall, discussions were controlled, votes were close, and many good arguments were made. Not going to lie, but you guys had me on edge at times. I'm looking forward seeing these again when the Domus Flau returns!

As for the moderators, @Brandish really put in a lot of work behind the scenes. From organizing/planning to making the templates and a lot more. Meanwhile, @SirSamuel016 was the one who made sure things flowed smoothly and always took your guys' complaints into consideration. @Axiomus played a big role in finding all the pictures + resizing them and @DiMaria Yesta took on the task of making everything happen in a timely manner. Thanks guys and great work!

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Really happy that August won! I was so worried that I actually started tallying up the votes on my own(based on comments that explicitly stated who they were going to vote for. Always knew it would be close(the gap between them here is far larger than I anticipated:gwah)

Nevertheless this indeed is the best fight the tournament offered. The votes separating them, the pages, heated arguments, crazy scenarios, all prove this claim(One claim we can all agree on:derp)

For sentiment' s sake, I have to say I've grown attached to this community. It's always been comforting visiting from time-to-time. Meeting all these great people and sharing my love for one of the shounens I appreciate the most (even with the lack of delivery recently:noworry)

Thank you to everyone who voted for August! :\m/:\m/:\m/

To those that argued for him you know who you are.:)

Much appreciation to the mods that made this tournament so great! :yourock

I had hoped for a doubles tournament, but the mechanics would have been tricky to come up with. Great tourney, great people.

:ruawizard

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
team august stand up!!!!! August is the real and only villain that lived up to his hype. (Meh Irene did too) for a sec I thought Irene was gonna win cuz I was seeing more and more Irene supporters my man @Jean Grey shocked me :notsure but the goat august Supporter weren't backing down. @Jko sorry bro that we couldn't finish our debate had some business take care of in real life if u know what I mean :cheez. We can finish it the august vs Irene debate cuz I'm not done with u yet. @Laxus chan-yo nicca we made it!!!!!. Want to thank all the august supporters for pulling it thru and everyone that participated in this tournament. Also want to thanks the mods for allow an exciting tournamen and ur handwork devoting the time to set this up. it was fun hope maybe one more?? Since the manga is ending and maybe add more characters in there??? Just got to say one more time #teamaugust!!!!!!!!:hip

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sigh I knew August would win the vote. It was an okay tournament. Felt like Zeref shouldn't of been that restricted. And August abilities were speculative as heck. But its whatever. Chalk it up to fan favorites like last time.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
team august stand up!!!!! August is the real and only villain that lived up to his hype. (Meh Irene did too) for a sec I thought Irene was gonna win cuz I was seeing more and more Irene supporters my man @Jean Grey shocked me :notsure but the goat august Supporter weren't backing down. @Jko sorry bro that we couldn't finish our debate had some business take care of in real life if u know what I mean :cheez. We can finish it the august vs Irene debate cuz I'm not done with u yet. @Laxus chan-yo nicca we made it!!!!!. Want to thank all the august supporters for pulling it thru and everyone that participated in this tournament. Also want to thanks the mods for allow an exciting tournamen and ur handwork devoting the time to set this up. it was fun hope maybe one more?? Since the manga is ending and maybe add more characters in there??? Just got to say one more time #teamaugust!!!!!!!!:hip
It's cool bro. Life is more important than manga battles lol.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh yeah I forgot to give it up to the mods for putting in the hard effort. The tournaments sure liven up the place.
I am @Orgastthemage. Don't be fooled by my change in name. Me and the real Jko switched usernames bcs we want to show good sportsmanship.

Orgastthemage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Oh yeah I forgot to give it up to the mods for putting in the hard effort. The tournaments sure liven up the place.
I am @Orgastthemage. Don't be fooled by my change in name. Me and the real Jko switched usernames bcs we want to show good sportsmanship.
We also exchanged our number of messages and likes received on this forum site. Don't forget that.

And, well, date joined obviously. Gotta be precise.