Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 87 Discussion/88 Predictions | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 87 Discussion/88 Predictions

shaheer

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Any translation out yet?
although i can surmise stuffs but its better to have a translation rather than wiring out meaning

LoS

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
there is a summary, and a low quality english Edited Manga. see one of the earlier posts on the first page. It is from some user on mangafox.

Host Samurai

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Now that is odd, Baam wearing FUG regalia/clothing, using the adoptive name of Grace which is the surname of the FUG founder/strongest member, and displaying an attack style typical of FUG members. Baam is basically screaming out to people, hello Im with the FUG. It masks his identity of being an Irregular, and it could also bring much more attention to the FUG since there is some regular taking tests and causing a big scene. This could all be part of some larger ploy by whomever Baam is working with to have him masquerade as an FUG member to cause a conflict between FUG and RED/Zahard.
I think the FUG boss send Baam purposely in the open, in order to test the hostility of their oppositions i.e. Zahard forces. If they find out that Zahard's forces don't take any action, in order to eliminate Baam then, they can take this information and get bolder in their actions. But if Baam does indeed get attacked most likely in the upcoming tests then the FUG, are going to keep operating in the shadows. Or Luslec send Baam for an even harsher training regimen. :p

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

I doubt so, since He wont attract that much attention if He's a decoy. I mean...FUG members works as a religious order if I'm not mistaken on what I read and that means that they wont risk their mission because ego issues.
It's likely that Baam actually belongs to FUG and now He's just on a mission.
I personally think it's best for Baam to reveal himself as a FUG member then as an Irregular. That's why, he deliberately revealed himself in front of everyone in the test area. Or he is just like you mentioned on a mission for the FUG but going with that logic wouldn't it be better for him to go on this mission in "stealth"? This way, he could move freely without people trying to slow him down or trying to kill him due to his affilation.

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
I'm still not exactly thrilled with this Baam, to be honest. I like the badass part but the whole "loner/strong silent type" thing is not something I'm enjoying one bit. Mainly because it's so...ordinary. Strong silent types seem like they were already a dime a dozen in the tower. He just doesn't seem as "irregular" anymore. He seems like he belongs in the tower now and that cuts into my love of his character quite a bit.

No doubt sooner or later some cracks will start to form in his cold/distant facade but I'm really hoping for sooner.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Which is why I'm super curious about what's going to happen with the clumsy flamethrower girl and that bet.

It seems like the first thing Baam would be likely to do is free her of her obligation but it's hard to say if she'll accept that. She might just feel even more obligated then. And who better to start chipping away at the ice that seems to have formed around his soul than a girl with flame powers.:amuse
Baam barely did any effort to be in first position. Baam's level is normally deeply increased when in danger or when friends are in danger (just like any shounen hero in fact). Curreny Baam isn't putting any "soul" in his actions. When he will be serious, Rankers can start to shake.

Monsterguy

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Yah, I agree, Baam realy has a good disguise, what appears to be FUG organization. He only needs to avert the eyes of people to FUG organization and the fact that he is really irregular is covered from the outside !!!

Soon even Zahard families might become involved again, but personally I wonder about that flame girl. Which side is she on, or did she have a fight with her own family or what, if not why taking a loan from some rich guy and not ask her family for help ???

Well either way, Baam sure is a magnet for hot girls, if you ask me:3c. The flame girl literally become his "property" right now. Man am I envy's on Baam...:fail

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Baam barely did any effort to be in first position. Baam's level is normally deeply increased when in danger or when friends are in danger (just like any shounen hero in fact). Curreny Baam isn't putting any "soul" in his actions. When he will be serious, Rankers can start to shake.
All of this is true but, to be honest, I don't really understand your point.

Lack of strength is definitely not a problem for Baam. He's 5 times stronger than anybody else except the ranker. My reservations about this Baam have nothing to do with strength and everything to do the changes to his personality. There are tons of strong people in the tower, even if he could take on a ranker, he'd just be another one of those. It was his perspective and personality that didn't belong and having lost that he seems like a "regular" in every way that matters.

That's the part of him I'm not to thrilled about at the moment, in terms of strength he's just fine.

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
All of this is true but, to be honest, I don't really understand your point.

Lack of strength is definitely not a problem for Baam. He's 5 times stronger than anybody else except the ranker. My reservations about this Baam have nothing to do with strength and everything to do the changes to his personality. There are tons of strong people in the tower, even if he could take on a ranker, he'd just be another one of those. It was his perspective and personality that didn't belong and having lost that he seems like a "regular" in every way that matters.

That's the part of him I'm not to thrilled about at the moment, in terms of strength he's just fine.
I don't even know myself why I answered that to you. So, I currently don't really understand my point either.
I need to get some sleep ...

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
what Baam issued out of him was probably a tiny fraction of his shinso blasts
Now the guy with a shinso tag on his back was serious to wipe the smirk off the preppy brats face, on the other hand the guy who allegedly defeated Hatsu pumped up to show taht the Brats team was stronger.
The flame girl tried her way out of being owned by any one again so i doubt she held back at all
The brat is not the kind to hold back so he is out of chart
Baam on the other had has no reason to give it his all, heck the way he went up and touched the pad and came down seemed like he was complacently sauntering on a beach or sth

i am pretty certain he didnt give his all.

Nd i m sure the flame girl now belongs to him now:hurr (i am pretty sure that the rest cant measure it above the score)

as for his attitude, i am fine with it. I am kind a pissed with the "oh man i am a saint" kind a hero
neither do i like a mad cap one either. a normal guy who feels hurt and react is the one kind i really like

Am not saying that Baam is exactly normal in second season, but he is neither madcap, i mean its too early to draw a conclusion as to what his ulterior motive was. I mean lets face it if he really wanted to drop them all i dont think he would have kept the large burly guy and the silver haired umbrella man lying there after he blasted them off.

i wouldn't want Baam to be insane and dedicate all his life for Rachel (positively like season 1, negatively like the latest portrayal of season 2) i want him to find his own reason to move up. AND NOT BE A SAINT LIKE GOKU ND NA*U*O.
Be normal move forward not hurt ppl for the sake of it but be striding for his goal nd achievements.

Last edited:

kakashi65

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Now that is odd, Baam wearing FUG regalia/clothing, using the adoptive name of Grace which is the surname of the FUG founder/strongest member, and displaying an attack style typical of FUG members. Baam is basically screaming out to people, hello Im with the FUG. It masks his identity of being an Irregular, and it could also bring much more attention to the FUG since there is some regular taking tests and causing a big scene. This could all be part of some larger ploy by whomever Baam is working with to have him masquerade as an FUG member to cause a conflict between FUG and RED/Zahard.
I thought the same thing, why would he going around anouncing he´s from FUG. I mean FUG hides in the middle area of the tower, so why would Baam pull the attention to himself, also i think he could have gotten more points if he had used another attack, but again wanted to show that he´s from FUG, maybe it is a plot against FUG himself and he really isnt from FUG but trys to get their attention and lure them out, don´t know why though, time will tell

Also i think he and androssi are near equal, Baam is surely better in shinso control but overall isn´t as strong because she´s just so strong and hot :D
And about that "right hand of the devil" i´m betting he´s fake, even the introducer he told us that he beat that hatsu, asked himself why he would still be at the 20th floor. And please with his mere 11k beating Hatsu???? never ever

And that Yeon girl? i like her, can´t decide who i like more, her or androssi, but i think when i see her more often she will be higher, i just like clumsy girls, they´re just so cuute and now Baam owns her, he will probably say something cool like, do what ever you want, in the end you also will fall by my hands (but later i think they will be pretty good friends)
also i´m pretty sure even if baam walks around with a face like he doesn´t care his inner face changes from "i´m the boss" to a troll face
and i´m calling it now, Baams real new ambition to climbing the tower: to get a chick from every family of the great 10.

yuri? check
androssi? check
yeon? not there yet, but will be checked soooon enough :D

Last edited:

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
i feel that Baam went through a lot of physical training during this time.i mean he is still at 20 lvl with such insane skills to blast off the shinso meter, he must have been training like crazy. Shinsoo control will always be part of his training. I think he can match androssi in speed nd strength by now. He dd manage to kill the Bull when androssi was being toyed by the bull (as it was controlled so i would presume the bull couldnt be as feral as it normally is when it was fighting the 2 princess)

Arrg i wish more of Baams abilities are shown already :tem

rosco12

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
There is something weird about the test. The last five people to take it were the five strongest, and they were sent from weakest to strongest. That can't be a coincidence.
If you check there is 23 competitor in total:
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/91262/tower-of-god_v2_ch6_by_the-company/14
once 18 have participated, so all but five are left:
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/91262/tower-of-god_v2_ch6_by_the-company/15
you have the five strongest called one after the other.
First the huge teddy bear Horyang
Then the devil of the right hand
then the flamethrower girl Yeon
then the rich brat
and finally Baam/violet
I'd love to know how this happen.

By the way this was once again a great chapter.

Last edited:

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I thought the same thing, why would he going around anouncing he´s from FUG. I mean FUG hides in the middle area of the tower, so why would Baam pull the attention to himself, also i think he could have gotten more points if he had used another attack, but again wanted to show that he´s from FUG, maybe it is a plot against FUG himself and he really isnt from FUG but trys to get their attention and lure them out, don´t know why though, time will tell

Well, at first I thought the same too, that Baam uses their trademark in order to lure some members out. But after reading the translation, where it's stated that his new name is similar to that of the leader, I started to think differently. I think that he is on a mission or is rather climbing the tower on his own, similar like Ace from One Piece was singlehandly traveling through the grandline but backed up by a powerful force/organization.

Also i think he and androssi are near equal, Baam is surely better in shinso control but overall isn´t as strong because she´s just so strong and hot :D
And about that "right hand of the devil" i´m betting he´s fake, even the introducer he told us that he beat that hatsu, asked himself why he would still be at the 20th floor. And please with his mere 11k beating Hatsu???? never ever

I seriously doubt, that Rab Devil (that's his name according to the translation) defeated Hatsu. IIRC Hatsu was equal to Anak with her Green April in the second test and did well, in his fight against Quant in the hide-and seek test. And now, try to imagine how strong he must have become after going through the 20 th floor. He too, is a monster.

And that Yeon girl? i like her, can´t decide who i like more, her or androssi, but i think when i see her more often she will be higher, i just like clumsy girls, they´re just so cuute and now Baam owns her, he will probably say something cool like, do what ever you want, in the end you also will fall by my hands (but later i think they will be pretty good friends)
also i´m pretty sure even if baam walks around with a face like he doesn´t care his inner face changes from "i´m the boss" to a troll face
and i´m calling it now, Baams real new ambition to climbing the tower: to get a chick from every family of the great 10.

yuri? check
androssi? check
yeon? not there yet, but will be checked soooon enough :D
It will be interesting too see the interaction between Baam and Yeon due to her being a descendant of one of the ten great families.
The 10 families forbid their children from entering FUG and consider it their supreme task to eradicate the members, who hide in the remote parts of the middle area.
So are we going to see a "fight" between them soon? For some reason, I think that Yeon is an outcast of her family due to whatever reason, in order to redeem herself I can see her trying to attack Baam in the near future. :D

kakashi65

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
maybe the admin will tell everybody that this test is invalid and the next test will be everyone against baam, the one who will bring him down goes up, but not so sure how the others would go on then

Zephyr

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Wow... amazing... based on translation, I'm now understanding how Baam is really, really dangerous right now. If everyone was disappointed into this thread, he should be now relieved... just with a PALM TOUCH he made a score of *OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAND* so just try to image what can he do if he's angered.... :3c

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
the translation cleared up a lot
liked it when the umbrella guy was almost lobbying for Baam in this one. They were all pissed no doubt.

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
It was a quality chapter. In some ways though, I do wish that things were clearer. Yes, by reading outside the manhwa, you get stuff, but I wish more of it was contained in the manhwa. You wouldn't have even heard of Grace if you just read the series. You don't even get Baam's full alias in the manhwa...

kakashi65

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
It was a quality chapter. In some ways though, I do wish that things were clearer. Yes, by reading outside the manhwa, you get stuff, but I wish more of it was contained in the manhwa. You wouldn't have even heard of Grace if you just read the series. You don't even get Baam's full alias in the manhwa...
exactly, i don´t like that either, but it´s still better then no info at all

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Can't wait for the next one.
And I liked the Firetouch Destroyer Technique. I'll call it like that since it's easier to remember than...well, that.