Chapter - Tower of God Chapter 87 Discussion/88 Predictions | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Tower of God Chapter 87 Discussion/88 Predictions

matzik1212

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Yeah indeed nice chapter .
So the dude with purple hair actually participated as well in that Shinsoo competition . I don't know but befgore the translation i thought those weird creatures that congradulated him punched that machine but it results that it was the guy himself who got that score that surpassed Yeon . Didn't expect him to be that strong , i though he was a loser :)

And i'm starting to like the silver hair dude , he already knows Baam's the real deal , just a few clashes between the 2 of them and he started appreciating him . I like that , now i'm thinking that he'll be a part of Baam's team in the future :wtf
Oh and i like Baam's technique , it's really badass ...:)

FrostyMouse

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yeah indeed nice chapter .
So the dude with purple hair actually participated as well in that Shinsoo competition . I don't know but befgore the translation i thought those weird creatures that congradulated him punched that machine but it results that it was the guy himself who got that score that surpassed Yeon . Didn't expect him to be that strong , i though he was a loser :)

And i'm starting to like the silver hair dude , he already knows Baam's the real deal , just a few clashes between the 2 of them and he started appreciating him . I like that , now i'm thinking that he'll be a part of Baam's team in the future :wtf
Oh and i like Baam's technique , it's really badass ...:)
We didn't see whether "Prince" used a technique or anything, but Yeon barely touched the thing, not even using any flames, and still got 23k, so she's clearly better than that. Still, it was surprising to see her even get that much. Although, if Baam needs new companions, they can't be too weak.

So far, we've got four new members in Baam's entourage, as Jangwan will seemingly need to progress somehow.

We don't even really know what this Shinsoo King thing really means. That was just a basic attack from Baam, not even shinsoo strengthening, so who knows. We did see the big guy and "The Devil" use arm strengthening techs, so they're clearly not that great in shinsoo strengthening, but that doesn't mean that they're that weak. Baam seemed to fail to penetrate the big guy's shield a few chapters ago, but he didn't use this attack.

Last edited:

joshua019

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was actually expecting for more from baam! it would be awesome if he got at least 300k but 130k is alright since it is just floor 20!

kakashi65

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
i wonder what comes up next, in jangwangs previous test he was paired up with yeon, but apparently aside from the first test the other two tests change, because jangwang didn´t know what was coming but maybe the third test keeps the same and they will get paired up? i vote for violet&yeon but can also imagine violet&jangwang ooor violet&miseng(school girl) and i think jangwang&nia is also a possibility

LoS

Reaction score
Country
Isle of Man
well first something has to happen just for those weak people to even be included, they are currently 13th or worse. Also, SIU tells us that next chapter starts a tearful backstory of Jangwang, so we will probably have to wait a bit to see what the final round of this floor is all about anyway.

kdowns

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Baam was a true bad ass in this chapter. Showing everyone up by scoring at least 5x the higher score than second place.

menino

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I was actually expecting for more from baam! it would be awesome if he got at least 300k but 130k is alright since it is just floor 20!
I do not agree with you. Why? Because evebody else in the 20flor have a low score the baam, and baam dont use all his power unlike the others.

matzik1212

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Romania
You did see that he didn't even bother throwing a punch right ? ;) If he would have been serious i think he could have gotten 1 mil or something . From what i saw he just decided that that attack would bring him enough points on this lvl, nothing more nothing less :amuse

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Above all, I'm still really impressed that Love got 13.2M by seemingly just extending his hand.

Baam's still got a long way to go if Love can get that much. The normal test administrators seem to just be Rankers, not High Rankers, so I wonder where Love stands. The Director was a High Ranker, but...

kakashi65

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
but you also have to consider that Ren was called a genius because he could create a room in 2 years, in comparison baam made 2 rooms in like 2-3 weeks? also quant thought him a technique he himself learned in 5 years, baam could do it in his first try. his shinsoo abilitys are far more than genius and i think its pretty obvious he held back. and since when is this love guy in the tower? 300 years is a sure thing, in comparisan 5 years is nothing and i still think if both of them would go all out, love would have some trouble keeping up with baams shinsoo attack, i don´t think baam would win, but it also wouldn´t be a fight thats quickly determined

Agreton

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Some of my thoughts

In respect to the power levels, we already know that irregulars reign havoc throughout the tower, therefore their power levels must be tremendous, not just in shinsoo, but also depending on the person attack power, durability, and so on. We already know Baam is excessively powerful, and we know or knew that he was naive, as he can only remember being in a cave with a light, Rachel taught him everything he knew, which had little to nothing to do with the tower, or how the tower affected people, merely a story about the top of the tower and climbing it, how the tower was built, but none of this is enough for Baam to fully integrate with the society within the tower. Considering Baam was comfortably numb when he walked up to the Shinsoo gauge, and we also know that emotions can help achieve power, such as extreme rage or concentration, if we double everyones power if they are fighting at their limits, and consider that Baam is an irregular, he is definately on par with the Rankers. Which brings us to character development and progression.

Baam is your typical naive idealistic and easily manipulated personality type. He only ever had one true friend in the beginning, while making others during his climb through the tower. We know that his heart was well intentioned because he wanted everyone to pass the test if he died trying to take Rachel up, however as is typical with pain, anyone can relate to being angry, being filled with hatred over extenuating amount of pain. So Baam has moved into the second phase of character development. I think Baam is still too trusting at this point, so while he's not as easily manipulated, I do think that he is being manipulated by FUG. His idealism has been shattered by a very personal betrayal, and when you hate, when you're angry you want to return that pain in the beginning. So Baam has learned
a good amount of the ways of the tower, it's society and how to adapt which tells us that Baam isn't exactly cold and distant, cold infers that he doesn't feel anything however, Baam has already had flashbacks of Rachel which tells us he cares very much, I think it would be more accurate to say he's internalizing, he is in control of his emotions, and motivated though his intentions are not yet clear, he understands the need for silence and secrecy.

I touched upon FUG earlier, and I wanted to come back to it for a reason. We've seen the symbol for it before we even really knew it was FUG, and I think it's safe to say that Baam is truly a member of FUG. He already asked specifically about irregulars, so he understands why he needs a cloak of secrecy which FUG gives him. FUG in turn can use Baam. We know that FUG is a very very dangerous organization, especially when during season 2 they mention that if he really is a member of FUG everyone there is dead. If FUG has such a heinous reputation, then FUG is probably out for power, that's typically what they strive for. Sending Baam out into the open to me seems like an open act of aggression from FUG, the only targets I can really think worth sending Baam for are the Zahard famalies, the very core of the towers law. I think his mission might also be that Baam is suppose to climb the tower and seek out another of the past irregulars, while is is looking for Rachel.

Either way, a lot of speculation but it makes a lot of sense to me, thoughts anyone?

shaheer

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
you know for some reason i have a gut feeling that prince (actual one) will do better than Baam in this test
idk Y but i feel that the prince will have some thing that will cause baam to feel interested enough to want to travel as a group. nd if he looses this test then there is a possibility that the poor guy wont be able to take the test ever.
then agian these are not any reason for prince to do better than baam, its just a gut feeling

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
you know for some reason i have a gut feeling that prince (actual one) will do better than Baam in this test
idk Y but i feel that the prince will have some thing that will cause baam to feel interested enough to want to travel as a group. nd if he looses this test then there is a possibility that the poor guy wont be able to take the test ever.
then agian these are not any reason for prince to do better than baam, its just a gut feeling
Well, Jangwan will progress to the final test for some reason, even though he failed to come in the top 8.

We've seen nothing special out of Jangwan, not movement speed, not attack power, nothing. Um, I'm still of the opinion that the actual Prince is going to be Baam, because of the Khazard crest on his prison.

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Above all, I'm still really impressed that Love got 13.2M by seemingly just extending his hand.

Baam's still got a long way to go if Love can get that much. The normal test administrators seem to just be Rankers, not High Rankers, so I wonder where Love stands. The Director was a High Ranker, but...
The use of shinsoo is more or less granted by a contact with a guardian. I wouldn't be surprised if a contract with lower level guardians is granting way less than a contract with higher level guardians. It might explain the gap between Love & the regulars. And the contract with a guardian is probably different between a ranker & a simple regular.

Last edited:

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Very nice first post, Agreton. Welcome to this forum.

And I do, too, think that FUG is manipulating Baam. But I don't think it's that dangerous. It's the thing organizations says about someone who is against it. Reminds me a lot of Nico Robin in One Piece, in the sense that maybe they're not dangerous because of their brutality (Which I believe is half myth, half fact) but their ideals may be something that destroys the core of the Tower. After all, it's aganist the Ten Families which are the rulers of this world.

FUG will be really interesting to see in the future, and I can't wait to see why Baam is now a Grace :P