Theory - Traitor theories | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Theory Traitor theories

shadow22

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What would happen if the students or teachers started to search for a traitor suspect? So far the most suspicious one would be Deku. He takes notes of everyone and comes up with plans to counter their quirks, his quirk control at the beginning was like that of someone who got his quirk a few days ago and there is only one known person who can grant quirks (All For One), he constantly breaks the rules and laws (Stain, Kamino and his fight with Bakugou), and he had a private talk with Shigaraki in the mall without anyone knowing for 100% what they talked about. Only All Might, Nedzu and Recovery Girl know that he couldn't be the traitor as he is All Might's successor, but for everyone else all these actions must look suspicious. plus if my theory that midoriya is the son of all for one
is true and people find out about that this will add suspicion against deku because all for one and take and give peoples quirks and deku suddenly got his quirk and afo is was the symbol of evil ( and there is the prophecy of all might dying so its possible that the reveal of afo being dekus father and etc may happen after all mights death)
https://mangahelpers.com/forum/threads/all-for-one-is-midoriyas-father.3005810/

Froppy

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I have been thinking that he may actually be the mole without knowing it. If All For One has a quirk that makes it possible for him to gather information from people he shared a quirk with, he could use Deku and All Might as sources of data regarding UA. I don't think that's the case, but it's possible. Personally, I agree with you that his behavior is suspicious. On the other hand, I feel everyone believes him to be a straightforward person that motivates everyone around with his earnest will power and sense of justice, so I doubt he would actually be one of the first to be suspected.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't see why Deku would be one of the most suspected after all his actions? He broke his limbs countless times against the VA, helped against Stain. All Might, Nezu, Recovery Girl and Bakugou know his story etc. Even if someone were to suspect him it would be possible to explain how it doesn't make sense in a few seconds.

overlordpringerx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Deku has too many allies that look up to him, like Mineta and Tsuyu.

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
The only way I could see Deku being the traitor or being suspected as the trailor is if he is the traitor unknowingly or he is framed as the traitor which would take suspicion off the real traitor.

shadow22

Reaction score
Country
United States

its been noted by multiple bnha posters that kaminari and hawk have similarities

and both have them have glasses which are part of their hero costumes for different reasons

and hawk has recently revealed to be a double agent spying on the villians for the good guys what if the similarities between them were deliberately put in them to make them mirrors of each other in that while hawk is a pro hero who is acting as a double agent for the good guys spying on the villians kaminari is the ua traitor working for the villians while under the guise of a student wanting to become a prohero.

bakugou got kidnapped by the villains which kaminari helped in fullfilling the league of villains wants to a t. endeavor got injured during the fight against high end the noumu which dabi released and hawks knew that the noumu was going to attack them ( though not at that location and the date and he didn’t know how strong the noumu would be) and brought the number one hero to make sure the noumu was stopped .

and if kaminari is the traitor I believe that he is seriously holding ack his quirk like currently we believe that he can only clad himself in lightning his elemental quirk is weaker than the other elemental quirks used by the students like shouto and the wind guy.

and overusing his quirk results in going derp while the the other quirks result in a physical stress with shoutos fire quirk resulting in overheating

so it would be fitting if kaminari can actually manipulate electricity in its various forms ( I saw someone thinking about this possibility and how its possible that he could pull a similar trick to what static shock does and make it so someone will be stuck to a piece of metal and have power over electromagnetism and magnetizing someone or sticking someone on metal and kaminari talked about wanting a lightning sword he could charge a sword with electricity and use electromagnetism to make sure he doesnt lose it so he could pull the sword to him with his electromanetism )

I can also imagine the traitor kaminari being the fall of ibara shiozaki

• ibara shiozaki is a reference to jesus her being a devout christian and Quirk is likely a reference to Jesus Christ and the ‘crown of thorns’ that was placed on his head. she even has a sort of crown of thorns This is also referenced in her hero name Maria, a reference to the latin name for the the Virgin Mary.
  • Her birthday is September 8, which is also the birthday of Virgin Mary.
  • Her Hero Costume consists of a plain white robe, which looks similar to the one worn by Jesus Christ.
and the name of her attacks

Via Dolorosa is the latin reference for the path by which jesus walked on his way to crucifixion.

plus there are her lines "Passing Judgement” “scheming sinners more religious allusions

and her referring to gevaudan as the beast of revelation/apocalypse

and jesus was captured and led to his death because of judas ( the traitor) who marked him as jesus by kissing him on the cheek. so I can imagine ibara referring to kaminari as judas or something

kaminari could very well kill ibara or arrange for her death (possibly signaling that he wants her dead by kissing her cheek) since jesus died because of a traitor and she is partly themed off jesus

as we all know the writer of bnha is a star wars fan and has made references to it in bnha

obiwan is represented by all might

izuku is to luke

all for one is an example of

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DarthVaderClone

all for one is darth vader

the guy ouright needing a machine ot help him breathe and having a mask to help him with that . who e wears a mobile life-support system and a black helmet that hides his deformed face after an encounter with the Protagonist’s(midoriya) mentor. with the injuries being the mentors (all might) like how darth vaders deformed face was caused by obi wan /

Several of the locations in MHA have their names derived from planets in Star Wars. A lot of them have meaning when you look at the events that occur there:

Tatooin/Tatooine Station: A train station Midoriya and Bakugou’s hometown, and one of the first named locations seen in the series. Tatooine was where Luke Skywalker’s Hero’s Journey began.
Orudera Junior High School: Named for Alderaan, Princess Leia’s homeworld. Midoriya and Bakugou go to school here before being admitted into UA High. Destruction of something precious (Midoriya’s Notebook) leads to a great change in the narrative.
Dagobah Municipal Beach Park: Named For Dagobah, where Luke Skywalker’s Training from Hell with Yoda takes place. Midoriya undergoes similar training so he can inherit One For All.
Nabu Junior High: Named for Naboo. Hitoshi Shinso went to this school before attending UA. In Episode I, Naboo is blockaded by the Trade Federation, referencing the obstacles Shinso was unable to overcome, not being admitted to the Hero course due to his Quirk not being suited for direct combat.
Hosu, Tokyo: Named for Hoth. In Star Wars, the Battle of Hoth was the result of an ambush by the Imperial army, after discovering the Rebel Alliance base there, and the Rebels lost badly. In much the same way, Stain loses due to an ambush by Iida, Midoriya and Todoroki, and the city is almost overrun by an attack from three Nomou.
Kamino Ward, Yokohama: Named for Kamino, where the Clone Troops were grown. Similarly, Kamino is where All For One was growing Nomou to use in attacks carried out by the League of Villains/Villain Alliance.
Mustafu: Named for Mustafar, the site of Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi’s last battle. Bakugou and Midoriya’s hometown, as well as where UA is located; possibly a reference to the bitter rivalry between Bakugou and Midoriya.

and given that mustafar is also where vaders abode is located this couldbe evidence forthe all for one is midoriyas father theory

but the possible foreshadowing for kaminari being the traitor is this :

Besubin Junior High: Named for Bespin. Kyoka Jiro’s junior high, Bespin is best known as the home of Cloud City, where Lando Calrissian betrayed his friend Han Solo— this could be foreshadowing that the traitor in UA is kaminari one of Jiro’s closest friends it would be a neat tie in

Last edited:

Koi Kage

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think your looking to far into the traitor theory especially considering we have literally only instance of evidence, even then I'd say its a stretch, that proves there is a traitor. First off I don't see why Kaminari can't get dumb after using his electricity not all quirks that are similar will have similar drawbacks nor do similar quirks are derived from similar sources, second off if Kaminari was the traitor he'd have supplied the LOV with what every students quirk was meaning when Kurogiri teleported them to the different locations he'd have made them go to locations best suited to counter-act them, and thirdly it was said in the manga and in the anime episode when the press broke into the school that the LOV stole class 1-A's schedule giving them ample time to prepare for USJ. As for the training camp incident you could argue that Kaminari could've caused it however we don't know the range of his hero gear communication device, but since they did not have their hero costumes present at the training camp how would he have sent a signal to them to add on to this I highly doubt that the students cellphones would work all the way out in the wilderness so using a cellphone I'd say is very unlikely to have been used. Now a tracking device is a possibility seeing as most modern cellphones do log the last known tower they where connected to and any good hacker could find the last tower any of the cellphones present where connected to and use that as a base to zero in on a pretty accurate location of where they might be and the cross reference that with any known properties owned by a hero connected to UA in some way to get an exact location to attack the camp.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Hi guys sorry to bother, i m an anime only watcher, and I personnaly dont mind, but the title is quite spoilerish ( x is a traitor is imo a major spoiler), please could you consider changing it for other people like me who dont know anything about the manga, as it appears on the front page of the forum , sorry for the inconvenience :)

Edit -
Thanks for anyone who changed it, its very much appreciated :zomg

Last edited:

Juliana

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
If Kaminari (or other student) is the traitor... do you think is possible that the story uses the "power of friendship" to turn him into a good person?

Personally, I hate when stuff like this happens.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
If Kaminari (or other student) is the traitor... do you think is possible that the story uses the "power of friendship" to turn him into a good person?

Personally, I hate when stuff like this happens.
I think the mole is in Class B. And yes, the power of friendship thing might happen, but I doubt it'll be the case. Not immediately at least.

Ilyia

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
The traitor is Ochaco. The only one other than her that had information all three times was Tsuyu, and she simply doesn't fit the profile.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Please put such long posts with multiple pictures in spoilers. They increase the page size and make it load slower.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States

Koi Kage

Reaction score
Country
United States
Or Overhaul has a contact inside the police force like all mafia centered stories have. Its not that far fetched when you think about it especially when you go back to the chapter where Toga and Twice show up at the Hideout considering the only thing they seemed interested in is their quirks, and if the VA is planning to betray them and I highly doubt this conversation happened to long before the the raid to which they likely already knew the raid was happening before Overhaul asked for Toga and Twice to work for him temporarily.

shadow22

Reaction score
Country
United States
ochako uraraka is the traitor

Last edited by a moderator:

Nightwayfarer

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Serbia
since Toga turned into Uraraka,and the cameras recorded her killing "innocent people"-with that recording,i think that the real U.A traitor will make everyone believes she's a traitor.

Last edited:

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
since Toga turned into Uraraka,and the cameras recorded her killing "innocent people"-with that recording,i think that the real U.A traitor will make everyone believes she's a traitor.
These recordings belong to Re-Destro and Skeptic doesn't want to publish them, because they don't fit the narrative they are trying to push. Furthermore there's no way for the traitor to know about these reccordings or get their hands on them. Plus Ochaco would easily have an alibi as she and every other student is living inside U.A. and U.A. has a safety system which knows if authorized people, like students, or non-authorized people are inside U.A. And by living inside U.A. Ochaco doesn't have any reason to go anywhere else so the recordings of U.A.'s safety system would show her to always be at U.A.

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Surprised no one mentioned Hagakure.

Adding to Joyboy theory is Hagakure possibly hiding her true strength (only using her blinding light ability once), something she never used again, even during the Class B/Class A tournament arc.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Surprised no one mentioned Hagakure.

Adding to Joyboy theory is Hagakure possibly hiding her true strength (only using her blinding light ability once), something she never used again, even during the Class B/Class A tournament arc.
Toru has been labeled "potential traitor" since the start of the manga. In the chapter where the class elects the class president she was absent and Shigaraki destroyed the school gate to create chaos. This was a chance for the invisible Toru to sneak into the faculty room and steal information about All Might's schedule.