Predictions - Villain Alliance Spy[update 28/07/2017] | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions Villain Alliance Spy[update 28/07/2017]

Who is the mole?

• Total voters

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I still think it is nighteye. Right now the situation with him is that he is the single most stupid and incompetent person in the entirety of the manga, which is not an easily earned distinction given that incompetence is rampant among adults in it, or he is the traitor that is giving away the plans he is behind.

shadow22

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
  • For someone billed as the series heroine, Uraraka does not get a lot of focus, and has just about as much pagetime as ostensibly-supporting characters Kirishima and Tsuyu. Of course, the fact that Horikoshi is waiting so long to get into her head and find out her thoughts could be a set-up for a big reveal down the line.
  • She already has a motive that the villains can take advantage of (financial support for her family.)
  • Uraraka, notably, does not go on the mission to rescue Bakugou and even tries to dissuade them from going, even as Midoriya pushes for it. (Contrast with Iida, who goes on the mission to look out for Midoriya.)
  • This line of dialogue may just be Toga being creepy, or...
    "You are very well-trusted..."
  • Her deciding to put her feelings for Midoriya aside could be a "focus on the mission" attitude, especially given that the narrative contrasts her repeatedly with Toga, who is more upfront about her Villainous Crush.
  • It's subtle, but Uraraka is contrasted in many ways to Bakugou through their relationships with Midoriya. And now that the manga has already proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that Bakugou, despite seeming extremely villainous, has heroic goals, what does that make the seemingly heroic Uraraka?

Last edited:

Aonori

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
She could be to a degree of chance, but I´m still expecting a 2nd traitor to be involved into the mix.

About her line on rescuing Bakugou though, I dont think it´s too bad per say, but she definitely had a point when saying that, since at the rescue, Deku even thought that he couldnt be the one to take Bakugou´s hand and it needed to be Kirishima. Also the rescue contributed in some way shape or form to make Bakugou feel worse, regardless of who saved him, Bakugou would probably rather remain at the villains bar than to have AM use the last remainders of OFA to save him and have to fight AFO, for instance this was brought up by him.

Last edited:

Ilyia

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Reminds me a bit of my theory about Ochaco being the traitor. I'll use this post of mine as a stockholder and add it later at some point.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
It's possible but I think it's too good to be true. Would be pleasantly surprised if it's the case though.

I considered before that the mole might be the reason why Horikoshi has yet to show the girl's battle. But I was imagining Tsuyu as the mole.

Arata

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Honestly, these theories are very well written. If I have something to say about these theories, it's indeed too good to be true :s I'm not sure if the author really wants to take that controversial route for her character, considering her development is quite safe, filled with positivity and such. The route makes her character WAY more interesting regardless.

Last edited:

Wookitake

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Pretty interesting, but I believe Uraraka's development will be related to her love for Deku. Nicely written, though.

Libarian

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nicely written, you bring up man good points actually if you go through the classic checklist of mole behavior then uraraka fits the criteria almost to a t :near the middle of the pack performance wise, lives alone, has money troubles, has a solid-strong connection to main character(s) which is why I cannot see her actually see her being the traitor the twist in this manga are too good. The contrast between her and bakugo are very strong evidence...of her switching sides but her being the mole I find it doubtful. To me eraserhead is more likel,y he is in a position to get information that the villains could use, he has been directly involved in every incident receiving wounds every time but the villains failing each time to end him, other than allmight he is the first adult to see something in deku giving him the emotional bond for most of the class not just deku, tsyu, ieda, and bakugo. Skigarmki actually touched him and he just lost a bit of skin Nomu stopped right before killing him, with the extent of the damage most would rule him out, but him dodging the bullet so many time just highlights him for me also if you examine what is said about him in the intro it sounds very much like stain so him working to tear down the system seems to fit. He also is in a position to take someone with him when he goes after what I expect to come to a head with the death/near death of allmight Uraraka being manipulated into a situation she couldn't get out of easily seems a lot more in accordance with her character and something that toga would enjoy doing to her. But darn it I was just enjoying the story and then you have to throw this out for our brains to bounce around.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Pretty interesting, but I believe Uraraka's development will be related to her love for Deku. Nicely written, though.
Both are possible. Even assuming she is the mole she is still the main heroine of a manga about heroes. Her love for Deku can be used to redeem her.

Wookitake

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Both are possible. Even assuming she is the mole she is still the main heroine of a manga about heroes. Her love for Deku can be used to redeem her.
The love for Deku torning her apart between the heroes and her undercover mission is a great element from the theory. If she really turns against the heroes, I hope she doesn't come back.

This kind of development is what makes me think that this theory won't pan out. Well, I'm a bit uncertain about it, let's wait a few more chapters.

Calbalacrab

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I think I’m the only one not believing this theory...
I mean, the only reasonable hint it’s the “ura” kanji meaning. I can make an effort and think about how the Toga x Uraraka comparison might be a hint too, but everything else...
The “need-to-touch” quirk theory, the missing title, herself and Bakugou, the costume in the color page. All of these seems a bit too much for me.

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think I’m the only one not believing this theory...
I mean, the only reasonable hint it’s the “ura” kanji meaning. I can make an effort and think about how the Toga x Uraraka comparison might be a hint too, but everything else...
The “need-to-touch” quirk theory, the missing title, herself and Bakugou, the costume in the color page. All of these seems a bit too much for me.
I don't believe it, but I would like it to be true :p. It would be interesting.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This theory gives out for me with the training camp arc. Uraraka was attacked by Toga and that was a lucky case for her. If she had bad luck it would have been the chainsaw Noumu, Moonfish or Muscular who found and killed her. Even if Shigaraki and his Vanguard team didn't know anything about a mole, it would be dumb on All For One's part to not warn her about an incoming attack. All the trouble to get a mole inside U.A. and then she dies because some new League member found and killed her? If Urakaka faked a sickness to stay inside the building at the night of the attack this theory would make more sense, but this way it sounds dumb on All For One's part and the League's part.
Plus if she were the mole why would she take part in an internship? If her role is to gather information at U.A. why does she leave U.A. for 2/3 of every day to work at Ryukyu's hero office and risk her life during that time? The internships are known for having students who die during it. Why take such huge risks which are of no benefit to All For One?
Edit: Also the only reason Uraraka is at U.A. is because Deku sacrificed himself to save her, which made her ask the faculty if she could share points with him which in turn gave her enough hero points to pass the entrance exam. You would think All For One or the League would send a mole who is guaranteed to succeed the entrance exam and not rely on the luck of some unknown hero points.

Last edited:

Calbalacrab

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I would like it to be true as well because I think we’ll eventually need another girl in the VA

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Are you serious :oo:

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Also forgot to add, but if Ochako really is the traitor I would expect a obvious connection to the Broker.

I agree with @ShenGao on this, I´ve been saying this for a while, but whoever is the traitor should´ve some sort of connection with either AFO himself or his closest partners (Doctor and Broker) and this is because AFO would never pick up just anybody to do the traitor work, he´d need someone with a useful quirk for spying (like invisible girl), or relaying the intel (Kaminari), or someone who can cope with a Jack of All Trades quirk (like Monoma), the rest of the heroes are just not nearly as good traitor material as this 3, quirk utility wise, like what can Ochako do in favor of the villains with her quirk in all honesty?

Also the Toga and Ochako interactions should be taken at face value until another villain as a say on the matter, consideering the traitor theory and all, Dabi and Todoroki interactions are also hyped up but we dont know much about Dabi for the time being.

And honestly I´d have a easier time believing Kaminari to be related to the Broker or Monoma with AFO, rather than Ochako being the traitor for the time being because of the utility purposes, but I guess we will eventually figure out who the traitor is anyway.

Nicely written, you bring up man good points actually if you go through the classic checklist of mole behavior then uraraka fits the criteria almost to a t :near the middle of the pack performance wise, lives alone, has money troubles, has a solid-strong connection to main character(s) which is why I cannot see her actually see her being the traitor the twist in this manga are too good. The contrast between her and bakugo are very strong evidence...of her switching sides but her being the mole I find it doubtful. To me eraserhead is more likel,y he is in a position to get information that the villains could use, he has been directly involved in every incident receiving wounds every time but the villains failing each time to end him, other than allmight he is the first adult to see something in deku giving him the emotional bond for most of the class not just deku, tsyu, ieda, and bakugo. Skigarmki actually touched him and he just lost a bit of skin Nomu stopped right before killing him, with the extent of the damage most would rule him out, but him dodging the bullet so many time just highlights him for me also if you examine what is said about him in the intro it sounds very much like stain so him working to tear down the system seems to fit. He also is in a position to take someone with him when he goes after what I expect to come to a head with the death/near death of allmight Uraraka being manipulated into a situation she couldn't get out of easily seems a lot more in accordance with her character and something that toga would enjoy doing to her. But darn it I was just enjoying the story and then you have to throw this out for our brains to bounce around.
Eraser is more of a Kakashi like character though and honestly he isnt good traitor material, he gave Deku support for his actions, the traitor should never do that, either act neutral about the whole thing and dont throw any points about Deku´s quirk (a thing tsuyu did which is why I think she isnt the traitor) and the reason shigaraki didnt kill him is because his quirk is good, like what motivation would eraser have to be a villain after working his ass up to go up in the hero ladder with his quirk? This is why I´m not very fond, the teacher "X" is a traitor, because it doesnt add up, being a hero teacher means more income to the respective hero, so the money issue isnt a good factor for the betrayal of the heroes in the sidelines (unless we are talking about someone like Mt. Lady with her debts I guess in that case we could have good traitor material if AFO offered to pay off some hugeeee! Debts:XD).
This reason can apply to some of the students very well but the ones like Momo and Todo or the ones we already know by common sense that arent the traitor.

Of course aside from the income thing, there could be other reasons behind the traitor´s actions, which would be either, family member "X" is being imprisoned by AFO´s goons at a unknown and therefore the student is forced to comply, this could also apply to one of the teachers but again I find this unlikely because the teachers are better informed in the hero world and would probably be able to fix most of these sorts of cases unless AFO is very physically and directly involved, which shouldnt be the case consideering his health issues, but this could be a good motivation for one of the students turning traitor.

3rd reason could be like a Grant Ward (from Agents of Shield) scenario, the traitor was originally quirkless or/and living in poverty and was offered a quirk by AFO and a chance to go up in the social ladder, I dont have any idea which one of the students could fit this bill, many were believing Kirishima could´ve been like this for a while, but now that we know it wasnt the case and he just dyed his hair we have no easy to pinpoint suspects and invisible girl would just be too obvious.

4th reason the traitor has family ties to AFO´s villain partners or AFO himself, which I particularly find possible for Kaminari and Monoma.

Libarian

Reaction score
Country
United States
Eraser is more of a Kakashi like character though and honestly he isnt good traitor material, he gave Deku support for his actions, the traitor should never do that, either act neutral about the whole thing and dont throw any points about Deku´s quirk (a thing tsuyu did which is why I think she isnt the traitor) and the reason shigaraki didnt kill him is because his quirk is good, like what motivation would eraser have to be a villain after working his ass up to go up in the hero ladder with his quirk? This is why I´m not very fond, the teacher "X" is a traitor, because it doesnt add up, being a hero teacher means more income to the respective hero, so the money issue isnt a good factor for the betrayal of the heroes in the sidelines (unless we are talking about someone like Mt. Lady with her debts I guess in that case we could have good traitor material if AFO offered to pay off some hugeeee! Debts:XD).
This reason can apply to some of the students very well but the ones like Momo and Todo or the ones we already know by common sense that arent the traitor.

Of course aside from the income thing, there could be other reasons behind the traitor´s actions, which would be either, family member "X" is being imprisoned by AFO´s goons at a unknown and therefore the student is forced to comply, this could also apply to one of the teachers but again I find this unlikely because the teachers are better informed in the hero world and would probably be able to fix most of these sorts of cases unless AFO is very physically and directly involved, which shouldnt be the case consideering his health issues, but this could be a good motivation for one of the students turning traitor.

3rd reason could be like a Grant Ward (from Agents of Shield) scenario, the traitor was originally quirkless or/and living in poverty and was offered a quirk by AFO and a chance to go up in the social ladder, I dont have any idea which one of the students could fit this bill, many were believing Kirishima could´ve been like this for a while, but now that we know it wasnt the case and he just dyed his hair we have no easy to pinpoint suspects and invisible girl would just be too obvious.

4th reason the traitor has family ties to AFO´s villain partners or AFO himself, which I particularly find possible for Kaminari and Monoma.
Eraser hardly seems like one to care about money in fact his noted style as described by All-might in his introduction prettymuch requires it the other kids barely knew his name and as far as motivation well while it is not the best motivation it could be attacking the established glory-seeking system that seems at odds with his personal beliefs and could be seen a similar to Stain, moles typically do not to far from one side to avoid calling attention to themselves unless they were originally know to be a little radical which erazerhead was and truthfully seems dragged into the UA job by midnight for his different views so him encouraging deku would not be farfetched. However, the bulk of what made me name him was plot utility his betrayal would affect everyone not not just deku and the main focus characters and he would still be retentive far into the manga. Truthfully I doubt money is a motive world domination does pay well but at this point the teachers would be more of an ideals issue and to use a student in a deep cover plot of fairly considerable length under treat seems foolish for OFA, and a link to OFA can be introduced at any time so to me that seems kinda weak critera considering it would only be found out right before the gig is up. Present Mic would probably be the most suspicious teacher but who would really give a frak about him he is no one to anyone important and Erazerhead would have his students and All-Might's trust which is important because I think the mole will come out to kill/nearly kill all-might. Momo and Tsyu are probably the most likely students as the the traitor would have to be fairly capable to send and whose betrayal would hit hard Uraka would be a devastating blow to deku but she barely pasted the entrance exam and personally appealed to the teachers overseeing it immediately after, talk about calling attention to yourself, plus like I said looking at her objectively she fits the norms of a mole too well she should have been at the top of the list to investigate to anyone with half a brain, so people like the principle and Eraserhead overlooking her is unbelievable to me so the only one that seems to fit my criteria is Eraserhead now Eraserhead manipulating Uraka into having litle choice to turn until she can clear herself that I can see

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Eraser hardly seems like one to care about money in fact his noted style as described by All-might in his introduction prettymuch requires it the other kids barely knew his name and as far as motivation well while it is not the best motivation it could be attacking the established glory-seeking system that seems at odds with his personal beliefs and could be seen a similar to Stain, moles typically do not to far from one side to avoid calling attention to themselves unless they were originally know to be a little radical which erazerhead was and truthfully seems dragged into the UA job by midnight for his different views so him encouraging deku would not be farfetched. However, the bulk of what made me name him was plot utility his betrayal would affect everyone not not just deku and the main focus characters and he would still be retentive far into the manga. Truthfully I doubt money is a motive world domination does pay well but at this point the teachers would be more of an ideals issue and to use a student in a deep cover plot of fairly considerable length under treat seems foolish for OFA, and a link to OFA can be introduced at any time so to me that seems kinda weak critera considering it would only be found out right before the gig is up. Present Mic would probably be the most suspicious teacher but who would really give a frak about him he is no one to anyone important and Erazerhead would have his students and All-Might's trust which is important because I think the mole will come out to kill/nearly kill all-might. Momo and Tsyu are probably the most likely students as the the traitor would have to be fairly capable to send and whose betrayal would hit hard Uraka would be a devastating blow to deku but she barely pasted the entrance exam and personally appealed to the teachers overseeing it immediately after, talk about calling attention to yourself, plus like I said looking at her objectively she fits the norms of a mole too well she should have been at the top of the list to investigate to anyone with half a brain, so people like the principle and Eraserhead overlooking her is unbelievable to me so the only one that seems to fit my criteria is Eraserhead now Eraserhead manipulating Uraka into having litle choice to turn until she can clear herself that I can see
I think it´s also because Eraserhead is excellent teacher material, AM being there a few times is very nice and good, but Eraser being present for the major time in the students classes is better for their growth as heroes, the hero society wont be as kind to them if they dont deliver on the hype and they all cant be like AM, also I dont think he´s the traitor because of how he positively influenced Momo, he didnt had to, if he was a traitor.

Though I do agree that Eraser could be a good counter to AM, I dont agree on him being the mole because of another thing, if Prime AM hadnt fucked up AFO´s eyes, Eraser probably would be quirkless by now, there´s simply no way AFO wouldnt want to steal his quirk if he could use it, so it´s illogical for Eraser to be the traitor, it just doesnt add up in that regard, he owns something to AM, that would become painfully clear the moment he watches blind AFO on the bed after figuring out his quirk ability. If it was Monoma it would make much more sense because AFO wouldnt feel as much necessity to have his quirk stolen, along with other targets, the traitor should be someone relatively safe from having his/her quirk stolen at least to a certain degree.

Libarian

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it´s also because Eraserhead is excellent teacher material, AM being there a few times is very nice and good, but Eraser being present for the major time in the students classes is better for their growth as heroes, the hero society wont be as kind to them if they dont deliver on the hype and they all cant be like AM, also I dont think he´s the traitor because of how he positively influenced Momo, he didnt had to, if he was a traitor.

Though I do agree that Eraser could be a good counter to AM, I dont agree on him being the mole because of another thing, if Prime AM hadnt fucked up AFO´s eyes, Eraser probably would be quirkless by now, there´s simply no way AFO wouldnt want to steal his quirk if he could use it, so it´s illogical for Eraser to be the traitor, it just doesnt add up in that regard, he owns something to AM, that would become painfully clear the moment he watches blind AFO on the bed after figuring out his quirk ability. If it was Monoma it would make much more sense because AFO wouldnt feel as much necessity to have his quirk stolen, along with other targets, the traitor should be someone relatively safe from having his/her quirk stolen at least to a certain degree.
While it is true that on average the class can learn more from Eraser than All-Might that does not speak to WHY HE TOOK THE JOB evil people can be kind towards people they know the class grew on him regardless of weather he turns out to be the mole or not I think that it is beyond argument that they grew on him and he really values them and they will likely be his downfall if there is any to be had. As for it being illogical that Eraser would side with a man that might steal his strong power, you just said it yourself AFO is physically incapable of using his eyes and therefore cannot use Eraserhead's power he is by definition the safest quark user on the planet and as long as he joined after that two year mark that the doctor and AFO were talking about it is perfectly logical. We do not know when the traitor turned we also don't know where momo's family gets its money we can guess its by making gold and various things of value but who's to where it comes from and where it goes, actually the money a strike against momo being a mole with a mansion like that the funds would make me think twice. Plus there is a real simple factor that is still unknown to us what is All For One's quark capacity if he didn't have one then why say he found a combination that would work why not just Gate of Babylon All-Might anyway Eraser would be far more deadly weapon able to function as a trap card than just another power people blink a lot when in combat.

Capable, useful( a student is only privy to so much without drawing attention), impactful, it would be a good measure of the class further down the line he knows them and what they can do, further plot relevance since the cast are only going to been seen less in class more in the field, and likely to get results. He serves all the purposes that I can see for the mole

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Seriously, Ochaco is the traitor?

Are you serious ?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
No it would be stupid and nonsense.