Predictions - Villain Alliance Spy[update 28/07/2017] | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions Villain Alliance Spy[update 28/07/2017]

Who is the mole?

• Total voters

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Perhaps because we are talking about a protagonist of which we have seen the thoughts more than once?

And none of them could only guess a betrayal? I do not know......

We're talking about a minor character I could get it, but how do you think that a protagonist character we see thoughts can hide something luscious?

Plus, if there's a traitor, is obviously a teacher.

Last edited:

shadow22

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

As 1-B's homeroom adviser, he has access to much of what Aizawa has access to — teaching schedules and possibly the knowledge that All Might isn't long for this world, but might not adequately remember students' quirks enough to efficiently relay it to the villains. When the villains attack USJ, Blood King does show up at the end, but only because it's "expected" of him as a UA teacher. Notably, the location of the training camp was changed last minute on a need-to-know basis, which means plenty of faculty didn't know where it was going to be...but as 1-B's teacher, he would. During the camp itself, vlad king stays at the facility despite it only ever being attacked by fake Dabi clones, when his skills as a pro hero would arguably be more useful on the field. Also, his quirk is blood manipulation, which ties him thematically to fellow blood-themed villains Stain and Toga.
plus it would be funny for monomas reaction given that he always tries to one up class a and his class's teacher is the traitor

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I merged the three threads since it's about the same thing.

Aonori

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
While it is true that on average the class can learn more from Eraser than All-Might that does not speak to WHY HE TOOK THE JOB evil people can be kind towards people they know the class grew on him regardless of weather he turns out to be the mole or not I think that it is beyond argument that they grew on him and he really values them and they will likely be his downfall if there is any to be had. As for it being illogical that Eraser would side with a man that might steal his strong power, you just said it yourself AFO is physically incapable of using his eyes and therefore cannot use Eraserhead's power he is by definition the safest quark user on the planet and as long as he joined after that two year mark that the doctor and AFO were talking about it is perfectly logical. We do not know when the traitor turned we also don't know where momo's family gets its money we can guess its by making gold and various things of value but who's to where it comes from and where it goes, actually the money a strike against momo being a mole with a mansion like that the funds would make me think twice. Plus there is a real simple factor that is still unknown to us what is All For One's quark capacity if he didn't have one then why say he found a combination that would work why not just Gate of Babylon All-Might anyway Eraser would be far more deadly weapon able to function as a trap card than just another power people blink a lot when in combat.

Capable, useful( a student is only privy to so much without drawing attention), impactful, it would be a good measure of the class further down the line he knows them and what they can do, further plot relevance since the cast are only going to been seen less in class more in the field, and likely to get results. He serves all the purposes that I can see for the mole
That could make Momo a traitor, but I really wonder if Momo´s family gets it´s money by making gold and various things of value, then why wouldnt AFO steal their quirks? Yeah that could be interesting if they do that and AFO gave them a free pass because they are related to the Broker or something, that would be interesting

He probably has one, but even if he didnt and his capacity is infinite per say, he could still have limitations like not being able to use quirks without proper synergy between each other, also we know his health definitely plays a big part in the amount of quirks he can use at a given time, so even if his quirk capacity was infinite he would never be able to do something outrageous like activating all of his quirks at the same time, it would be beyond even AFO´s limits, also he cant spam a Gate of Babylon on AM, especially since there are quirks like the teleportation ones and reverse impact which cant be used consecutively by AFO and he´d need to be able to use teleport for making the Gate of Babylon attack real, along with actually being able to use some sort of quirk to throw the created objects very fast, so he´d need at least 2 more quirks along with momo´s quirk in order to do the move, still could be a very interesting combo to see being applied.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
As the present Mic says, only teachers know the location of the test and the summer retreat,

So mole can not be a student ....

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
As the present Mic says, only teachers know the location of the test and the summer retreat,

So mole can not be a student ....
He didn't say a student can't be the mole. He has been interrupted but he said a student could have revealed their location via the GPS function of a phone.

Admiral Teach

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Hmm, I don't like Urara or whatever her names is, and partly for that reason, I am ashamed to admit. But I think the theory would be awesome if true. We really haven't seen her thoughts in a way to prove one way or another, from what I've seen of MHA (And I only recently became a regular reader, and it's still not my slice of pie. That be becoming Pirate King and all things of the sea). Also, something rubs me wrong about her character. Before ever reading this theory minutes ago, I always thought of her as too nice and.... I don't know, forced? I started out liking her character, but she's definitely not developed enough. Whatever lies in store for her, it better be impactful enough to make up for her wasted character.

But I don't know quite what to think about Nighteye. I wouldn't want him to be a villain or traitor, but his powers and actions thus far would make more sense if he were... or had some kind of strange motive. His obsession with AM seems to imply it's not him, IMO. If I had to take a guess... well I can't guess. But I am heavily leaning on the fact that it's a female student, not a male.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hmm, I don't like Urara or whatever her names is, and partly for that reason, I am ashamed to admit. But I think the theory would be awesome if true. We really haven't seen her thoughts in a way to prove one way or another
We are talking about an almost main character, we have seen him many times and have seen him think and make judgments, how do you think he is a spy?

That is, when in the forest Himiko attack Tsuyu thinks of Gunhead lessons and how have they been useful, would the thought of a traitor be?

Even when he thinks to put aside his feelings for Izuku he thinks of his heroic career ....[/QUOTE]

Calbalacrab

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Wouldn’t it be nice if the spy doesn’t know to be a spy? You know, maybe some of them were friends in middle school with one of the guys that now is a villain or Such.
Or maybe someone is friends with them - like Himiko may have friends thanks to her changing ability? Toga becomes someone else, makes friend with one of the student that reveals something to her and such.
Lol I have a high fantasy

ShenGao

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
What would happen if the students or teachers started to search for a traitor suspect? So far the most suspicious one would be Deku. He takes notes of everyone and comes up with plans to counter their quirks, his quirk control at the beginning was like that of someone who got his quirk a few days ago and there is only one known person who can grant quirks (All For One), he constantly breaks the rules and laws (Stain, Kamino and his fight with Bakugou), and he had a private talk with Shigaraki in the mall without anyone knowing for 100% what they talked about.
Only All Might, Nedzu and Recovery Girl know that he couldn't be the traitor as he is All Might's successor, but for everyone else all these actions must look suspicious.

seizzoverow

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I don't think ochako is the spy,the one who have clear background and family member shown is highly not the spy
My list of class a safe from being spy
- midoriya [mc]
- bakugou [mc rival and. Childhood friend clear family background too]
- iida [family condition and all characteristics is already shown]
- todoroki [ entering u.a special test make it clear he just care about his goal to become a hero without fire part of his quirk before fighting midoriya]
- momo [ her action and inner dialogue is shown that she is a normal class a student]
- ochako [heroes reasoning,and family background check is fine, toga just hate ochako because she is close to midoriya]
- tsuyu [ her extra story make it clear she is a normal class a student as well]
- mineta [ he's characteristic just a pervert mind class a student who actually smart ]
- kouda [ the first exam make clear he is normal aspiring heroes student]
- jirou [ family background check make her safe from spy position this time]
- kirishima [he's recent before entrance exam backstory make him clear]
- ashido [so is she as part of shown in kirishima backstory]
- aoyama [ many mini cameo hinting he is just have inferiority and a bit of coward but trying to fix it]
------------------

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't think ochako is the spy,the one who have clear background and family member shown is highly not the spy
My list of class a safe from being spy
- midoriya [mc]
- bakugou [mc rival and. Childhood friend clear family background too]
- iida [family condition and all characteristics is already shown]
- todoroki [ entering u.a special test make it clear he just care about his goal to become a hero without fire part of his quirk before fighting midoriya]
- momo [ her action and inner dialogue is shown that she is a normal class a student]
- ochako [heroes reasoning,and family background check is fine, toga just hate ochako because she is close to midoriya]
- tsuyu [ her extra story make it clear she is a normal class a student as well]
- mineta [ he's characteristic just a pervert mind class a student who actually smart ]
- kouda [ the first exam make clear he is normal aspiring heroes student]
- jirou [ family background check make her safe from spy position this time]
- kirishima [he's recent before entrance exam backstory make him clear]
- ashido [so is she as part of shown in kirishima backstory]
- aoyama [ many mini cameo hinting he is just have inferiority and a bit of coward but trying to fix it]
------------------
Tsuyu having a normal class and family doesn't mean she can't be the mole. If you are supposed to do that kind of work you should be good at these kind of things. All Might and Eraser visited everyone's home. Tsuyu being the mole is another possibility that I would like:
  • She is an elite student so the VA would be confident in her abilities for the UA test.
  • Shigaraki got angry because of the mole(I assume) in the first arcs, and before leaving he tried to kill Tsuyu. Maybe it was a coincidence but Deku and Mineta were also potential targets. Assuming she is the one, it could be seen as he trying to kill her because of what happened earlier.
  • She is the one who tried to stop Kirishima and the others to go at Kamino first. Again, it makes sense for a hero in training to say this, but it can be seen as her trying to make things easier for the villain team.
  • She crying at Heights Alliance could be seen as a manipulation tactic to prevent them for doing that in the future.
  • She can keep her cool in pretty much every situation, which is an ideal quality for a spy and among the supporting characters, the females especially, her growth is more noticeable to the readers. She aces her tests and her camouflage ability made a lot of readers reconsider the development potential of her Quirk. On her UA file card Horikoshi even mentioned that she is starting to look to OP.
  • It would explain why Overhaul knew that Sir would come to investigate. It's still something I find weird.
Team Ryukyu has more members and yet we still don't know their situation. The giant guy could be strong but it's hard for me to imagine him being stronger than Nejire and Ryukyu even if he took the drug. There must be some kind of twist :hmm.

Nejire could be one two who knows. She is very strong, her innocent curiosity could be a facade and it looks like she pays attention to important events all around the school. She is the one who talked about the "troublemakers to Mirio". At this point Deku and Bakugou are a high priority among the students to Shigaraki. From the Mirio flashbacks it looks like she started to befriend Tamaki and he only when they became famous . Basically, what I am trying to say is that the mole being the reason why the fight has been skipped would be a good twist, I find that there are enough elements to suspect the three girls(with Uraraka as the least suspicious) but my main theory is still that he is from Class B and that Shinsou will replace him.

Ilyia

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Nejire could be one two who knows.
No,she couldn't. Only five people have been privy of the information that was leaked. These five are

Deku
Aizawa
Kirishima
Tsuyu
Ochaco

There is nothing that suggest it is Tsuyu. Deku is unlikely since we see his thoughts all the time, and Kirishima's flashback pretty much exonerated him. That leaves Aizawa and Ochaco. Out of these two, Ochaco makes the most sense and would have the biggest impact. Also unlike Aizawa there have been plenty of hints throughout the whole manga. We even have a motive.

Uraraka as the least suspicious
...How? Is that some kind of backwards logic? Kind of like a "since she seems the most suspicious and make the most sense,that means she is the least suspicious" kind of thing?

Tsuyu having a normal class and family doesn't mean she can't be the mole.
That is true. What make her less likely to be the mole is:

1. She has the wrong type of quirk for her to be a cool traitor.
2. We have gotten zero hints that she could be a traitor.
3. What we have seen of her background as well as how she thinks all suggest she isn't a traitor.

What would happen if the students or teachers started to search for a traitor suspect?
It is very likely that they are. Placing the students in the dorms seems to be just another way to narrow down the suspects. Just give out different information at different times to different people and then cross reference it with the reaction you get. No need to catch the traitor in the act, just set up a trap like that.

seizzoverow

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Tsuyu having a normal class and family doesn't mean she can't be the mole. If you are supposed to do that kind of work you should be good at these kind of things. All Might and Eraser visited everyone's home. Tsuyu being the mole is another possibility that I would like:
  • She is an elite student so the VA would be confident in her abilities for the UA test.
  • Shigaraki got angry because of the mole(I assume) in the first arcs, and before leaving he tried to kill Tsuyu. Maybe it was a coincidence but Deku and Mineta were also potential targets. Assuming she is the one, it could be seen as he trying to kill her because of what happened earlier.
  • She is the one who tried to stop Kirishima and the others to go at Kamino first. Again, it makes sense for a hero in training to say this, but it can be seen as her trying to make things easier for the villain team.
  • She crying at Heights Alliance could be seen as a manipulation tactic to prevent them for doing that in the future.
  • She can keep her cool in pretty much every situation, which is an ideal quality for a spy and among the supporting characters, the females especially, her growth is more noticeable to the readers. She aces her tests and her camouflage ability made a lot of readers reconsider the development potential of her Quirk. On her UA file card Horikoshi even mentioned that she is starting to look to OP.
  • It would explain why Overhaul knew that Sir would come to investigate. It's still something I find weird.
Team Ryukyu has more members and yet we still don't know their situation. The giant guy could be strong but it's hard for me to imagine him being stronger than Nejire and Ryukyu even if he took the drug. There must be some kind of twist :hmm.

Nejire could be one two who knows. She is very strong, her innocent curiosity could be a facade and it looks like she pays attention to important events all around the school. She is the one who talked about the "troublemakers to Mirio". At this point Deku and Bakugou are a high priority among the students to Shigaraki. From the Mirio flashbacks it looks like she started to befriend Tamaki and he only when they became famous . Basically, what I am trying to say is that the mole being the reason why the fight has been skipped would be a good twist, I find that there are enough elements to suspect the three girls(with Uraraka as the least suspicious) but my main theory is still that he is from Class B and that Shinsou will replace him.
but it will also create major question when she got attacked by toga in the training camp in the forest back then

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Well the mole theory could get even more radical if it turned out the mole is unconsciously doing the deeds without even knowing, thats the only possible way I could see Tsuyu being a mole (along with other students who seemingly seem less suspicious on the list).

AFO or one of his close partners could have a quirk for that sort of stuff, who knows.

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Speaking of a student being the mole without knowing...maybe there's a villain working for AFO that is a father/mother of one of the students? Or maybe married to one of the teachers. Something along those lines.

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Speaking of a student being the mole without knowing...maybe there's a villain working for AFO that is a father/mother of one of the students? Or maybe married to one of the teachers. Something along those lines.
That could also be a scenario, but the only students so far who seemingly could have a blood relation with AFO or associates physique wise are Monoma (his quirk seems like something that came out of the AFO quirk), Kaminari (him and Broker could honestly be related) and maybe invisible girl since her true looks are unknown, Shinsou could also be a case of a student having a villain as a father or mother, etc... working for AFO, but he wouldnt work for the villains of his own free will, his whole character represents the concept of a student with a villain like quirk trying to become a hero afterall, but yeah consideering what Hori has in set for his character I guess we might see a Shinsou Backstory relating him to some family villains, his "brainwashing quirk" is severely good for villains.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
So, Shigaraki was angry at the spy early on? That... now explains the potential plothole of a Spy Ochako failing the entry exam. She all but flunked it, and got in by the skin of her teeth, thus Facepalm's anger was invoked, for obvious reasons!

From a narrative standpoint, does this not make PERFECT sense? We as readers, and the story, are served better if the reasons for the spy driving our dear villain to wrath are stated, rather than never explained and left as an empty hole of info. If Ochako is indeed the spy, then her near failure to enter UA would clearly be a strike against her. If it were me, I'd have been outraged too, especially for daring to choose and trust someone like that! Of course, she could even somehow be related to Shigaraki, not impossible. (I don't mean by blood, but by possible ties elsewhere we're not aware of).

I personally have a feeling that, while I would love it to be Ochako, that there's a high probability of it being someone else. If anything, I'd argue more that Ochako goes through a villain phase, but is redeemed later after learning her lesson.But even so... arg! I just can't get it out of my head that something's off with her. She is duh spy!<_>

The recent chapter, though, insists to me that something's off, for reasons others have mentioned.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I talked about this just before Chapter 155 :XD.

but it will also create major question when she got attacked by toga in the training camp in the forest back then
Toga doesn't have to know she is the mole. It's more convenient this way. Maybe now Shigaraki would tell her since their bond are strong, but back then he didn't really trust any of them.

No,she couldn't. Only five people have been privy of the information that was leaked. These five are

Deku
Aizawa
Kirishima
Tsuyu
Ochaco

There is nothing that suggest it is Tsuyu. Deku is unlikely since we see his thoughts all the time, and Kirishima's flashback pretty much exonerated him. That leaves Aizawa and Ochaco. Out of these two, Ochaco makes the most sense and would have the biggest impact. Also unlike Aizawa there have been plenty of hints throughout the whole manga. We even have a motive.
No. The Big Three also knew but Horikoshi didn't draw them. They are part of the operation and were considered better assets than the 1st years, there is no way they would not know. Their schedule is different because they are 3rd years.

...How? Is that some kind of backwards logic? Kind of like a "since she seems the most suspicious and make the most sense,that means she is the least suspicious" kind of thing?
Because of everything that's been said before. We talked about her a lot.

That is true. What make her less likely to be the mole is:

1. She has the wrong type of quirk for her to be a cool traitor.
2. We have gotten zero hints that she could be a traitor.
3. What we have seen of her background as well as how she thinks all suggest she isn't a traitor.
What hints do we even have? We can't really tell. Everyone is trying to guess who is the mole in various ways. You don't necessarily need a Quirk perfectly suited for the job and I think her Quirk is decent for this, but the most important element to me is her personality. Simply relaying information via a phone or something is something everyone can do. It doesn't look like the mole did anything extravagant so fat. If we are talking about best Quirks for this then we have Jirou, Shouji and Hagakure. For the two girls, there is the fact that both lost consciousness during the trip which is a bit suspicious but or Shouji I can't think of anything. I too think her background doesn't suggest she is the mole but it's not a strong argument IMO.