Round of 16 - Wahl Icht vs Erza Scarlet | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Wahl Icht vs Erza Scarlet

Which Fighter Advances?

• Wahl Icht

Votes: 38 63.3%
  • Erza Scarlet

Votes: 22 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Voting Rules:

• This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • During Bo16, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.

Wahl IchtErza Scarlet

Discussion will end on: June 4th, 2016
Voting will end on: June 5th, 2016

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Uh oh, another tough vs battle. Both Erza and Wahl are pretty much the same, they are versatile. I think MP will be deciding factor, who will be out as the winner. I suppose I'll wait for people to give me some decent reasons why I should choose Wahl or Erza (again haha).

Last edited:

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
its hard to gauge Wahl's strength.he almost killed Laxus but that was because he was immune to electricity and Laxus was greatly weakened due to his sickness.the damage he took from Laxus was none because of his immunity and Laxus' sickness was even worse.Erza couldn't beat Ajeel by herself.I will say Wahl.

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
This is going to be very difficult fight. Wahl has many powerful spells like his Anti-Material Magic Cannon and Etherion, while Erza has Nakagami Armor which is really overpowered.

Even though I still don't believe Erza is Spriggan tier, I'd give this fight to Erza high diff. There is only one reason why and that's her Nakagami Armor.

First of all, Nakagami Armor has the ability to disspell magic. From that point out, Wahl can't use his Weakness and Alchemy anymore. Even though Wahl's hand-to-hand combat is pretty high, it won't help him to defeat Erza.

Second, the sword she uses once she is in her Nakagami Armor is able to cut through everything. Since she could cut through space, she can destroy Wahl's body as well without a doubt.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Erza is Spriggan tier. She just has luck she faces against a machina, since her magic is super effective against him. Wahl's durability is pretty low after all.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Wahl's metal body vs Erza's swords would be interesting. He won't 'slash', he'd scratch, crack and break - it might just be break like with Red Lightning. So it might not be as simple as inflicting accumulative blows, you might need to hit him with a powerful attack and then he breaks. Erza's nakagami could probably do it??

Anyway Wahl has great offence. Even his CQC in impulsive mode is decent. And in assault mode his moves are strong. Erza's got great endurance though.

I'd say Wahl, mid or high difficulty.

Last edited:

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I have no idea, at all. I think i'll just wait to get convinced by you guys' arguments, cause i really have no clue who would win this one

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
This is a very tough one tbh. On first glance, one might give it to Wahl simply because he's a spriggan and Erza nearly lost to another but it's not really that simple.
Ajeel's sand body made things a bit difficult for her and sand world basically rendered her helpless ad defenseless. Wahl won't be impervious to attacks like that and there won't be any hindrance like Sand world. Erza is also pretty versatile so she won't have an immunity problem like Laxus did. Still, Wahl should best her in
CQC considering he could match Laxus. Erza is a ridiculous tank though so considering Laxus was able to take Wahl's attacks despite his weakened body, Erza should be able to cope with Wahl as such. Wahl has etherion which is beyond Erza but it does take a bit of time to cast and Wahl only attempted it while Laxus was helpless on the ground. He shouldn't get a clean shot or time to prep against Erza like that. Also, it's possible water attacks might help her considering he's a machias.

Well, in conclusion, I currently leaning towards Erza edging him out in an extreme diff match. Wahl would likely dominate for the majority of the fight but Erza probably has the abilities and attacks to take him out provided she gets them in and she can likely tank his attacks in the process. Not really decided on the outcome her though.

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
now that I think about it,Erza could beat Wah.she has insane durability to tank everything Wahl throws at her.not to mention her Nakagami Armor which is OP as hell.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wahl Icht wins mid-high diff.

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Wahl. He could literally fly up in the air and rain stuff down the whole match.

Marche

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Erza.

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Erza has a Requip that allows her to fly iirc. Flying won't make much difference here.
In order to fly, she'd have to use Black Wing, which doesn't have the most impressive feats.

Only way I see Erza winning is with one of her more OP armors like Nakagami, and Nakagami can't fly.

I should also mention that Wahl has better AoE and speed than Erza. We also can't ignore Wahl's ability to identify Erza's weakness.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Let's be real here. If Titania couldn't beat Ajeel, there is no way she is beating the Adjudicator.

She lost to Ajeel in a 1v1 while Wahl stood up against Laxus.

Even with PoF, Erza doesn't come close to beating Wahl.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Let's be real here. If Titania couldn't beat Ajeel, there is no way she is beating the Adjudicator.

At some point I agree with you. You're right that Wahl should be above Ajeel's level, but that doesn't literally say she can't beat him.

Erza is not Spriggan tier in my opinion, but I think she has a high advantage against Wahl because he is a robot. Since her Nakagami Armor is able to cut through anything, Wahl's body wouldn't be any trouble to break.

As you see, she was able to slash through space, which is a more impressive than breaking through a steel body.

Laxus won from Wahl while he was in a disadvantage. In the end, Wahl's durability turned out to be pretty pathetic.

There is no way how Erza could defeat Wahl with ease, but her Nakagami Armor is a perfect way to combat a robot. His missles and lazers wouldn't be any trouble as well, since she could easily block them with her armor (even Laxus could tank them who has a lower defense than Erza). But if she would fight any other Spriggan, she would be pretty much owned.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
In order to fly, she'd have to use Black Wing, which doesn't have the most impressive feats.

Only way I see Erza winning is with one of her more OP armors like Nakagami, and Nakagami can't fly.

I should also mention that Wahl has better AoE and speed than Erza. We also can't ignore Wahl's ability to identify Erza's weakness.
That's actually quite a task because one of Erza's main strengths is adaptability. She would alternate between her different armors, coercing the Robot to change its tactic. She isn't about to just give the Robot a chance to figure her out in her area of expertise.

It could go either way. The Robot's got great speed & an assortment of powerful guns to create an opening; however, Erza would cut through his firepower & just when the Robot's about to pounce on her as she's distracted with the guns, she just about reacts & equips the Nakagami to temporarily suspend all assault towards her. The Armor's is quite draining, so Erza would have to utilise her superior intellect to deceive the Robot into thinking she could activate its power at anytime. Though this bluff eventually wears off & the Robot now knows her issue is stamina. It then becomes a battle of attrition. The Robot's got greater fuel to last the battle, but Erza's superior intellect & skill isn't to be underestimated as she efficient in utilising her powers.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

She can Requip in an instant, she just needs it when Wahl flies and she can switch to another one.

Wahl isn't going to fly around all day, especially if Erza requips to a suitable armor to evade. Erza will use Nakagami when needed. She doesn't need it on for the entire fight.

He does and I already mentioned that earlier that he'd dominate majority of the fight. What weakness is that exactly? It's not like Wahl's weakness magic creates one, saying he can see her weakness doesn't mean much here. Erza is just about the most versatile Mage so locating weakness that'll be a game changer is highly unlikely.

Not really that clear cut though. Don't forget that first there's no sand body here. Secondly, Wahl fought against an inhibited Laxus. There were two restrictions on Laxus there. First, negation of his lightning attacks (naturally this would flow over even to CQC when Laxus attacks) and second, was his illness and weak body. But even then Laxus could tank Wahl's attacks, even those that hit head on when his body started acting up. Erza is a hefty tank herself and isn't far off from Laxus' level. Wahl will be superior in CQC, but Erza should be able to tank a lot or most of his attacks. Also, Ajeel drained the moisture from Erza and left her severely hampered but she could still pull off Nakagami starlight afterwards.

Basically, it's not that Ajeel is stronger than Wahl, but a matchup against Ajeel is trickier due to the nature of his abilities. Wahl vs Erza would be a more straight forward fight, and she can possibly edge him out in such a case.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
At some point I agree with you. You're right that Wahl should be above Ajeel's level, but that doesn't literally say she can't beat him.

Erza is not Spriggan tier in my opinion, but I think she has a high advantage against Wahl because he is a robot. Since her Nakagami Armor is able to cut through anything, Wahl's body wouldn't be any trouble to break.

As you see, she was able to slash through space, which is a more impressive than breaking through a steel body.

Laxus won from Wahl while he was in a disadvantage. In the end, Wahl's durability turned out to be pretty pathetic.

There is no way how Erza could defeat Wahl with ease, but her Nakagami Armor is a perfect way to combat a robot. His missles and lazers wouldn't be any trouble as well, since she could easily block them with her armor (even Laxus could tank them who has a lower defense than Erza). But if she would fight any other Spriggan, she would be pretty much owned.

Yeah, well to be honest, over the last week, I kept on telling everybody that Laxus being at a disadvantage in that battle made a big difference, but everybody thought it was an excuse.

However, I don't think it is true Erza will win. Wahl will blitz Erza and destroy her within a couple of minutes.

That Nakagami Armor was PiS to the max. Erza should never have been able to cut through Minerva's space magic.

If the Nakagami Armor slashes through anything, she should be able to slash through Acnologia or August with ease. But that's not the case.

Erza couldn't even beat Ajeel. Why didn't she use her Nakagami Armor and destroy Ajeel in the first place?

Ever since the 1 year timeskip, Erza has really been slacking. It's time she step down from her throne. I don't even classify her as Spriggan Tier.

No offense to anybody who disagrees, but saying Erza > Wahl in this fight is like saying Ajeel >> Wahl.

Wahl's nukes are enough to rip her to shreds.... Wahl's speed matches Laxus, so that would also obliterates Erza.... and Wahl has an entire arsenal of weapons that can go head to head with anything Erza can dish out.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Not really that clear cut though. Don't forget that first there's no sand body here. Secondly, Wahl fought against an inhibited Laxus. There were two restrictions on Laxus there. First, negation of his lightning attacks (naturally this would flow over even to CQC when Laxus attacks) and second, was his illness and weak body. But even then Laxus could tank Wahl's attacks, even those that hit head on when his body started acting up. Erza is a hefty tank herself and isn't far off from Laxus' level. Wahl will be superior in CQC, but Erza should be able to tank a lot or most of his attacks. Also, Ajeel drained the moisture from Erza and left her severely hampered but she could still pull off Nakagami starlight afterwards.

Basically, it's not that Ajeel is stronger than Wahl, but a matchup against Ajeel is trickier due to the nature of his abilities. Wahl vs Erza would be a more straight forward fight, and she can possibly edge him out in such a case.

I don't know about that. Sand body is inferior to Wahl's Machia capabilities. Saying "inhibited Laxus" is kind of an excuse. I said that a week ago and nobody believed me.

Regardless, Wahl has shown nuke capabilities and mass destruction out of Erza's league. None of her armor besides Adamantine can defend from those explosions.

And how long can Erza stay on athe defense against a Spriggan like Wahl?

By the way, in regards to your post, I don't see at all how Erza is a hefty tank. She was defeated at the hands of mere sand.

Wahl is an elite Machia capable of matching Laxus' speed. Maybe not strength, but Wahl can make up for that with his nukes and tech gear.

His blitz firing of missiles and railguns should be enough to pierce through almost all of Erza's armor.

And if Erza couldn't escape the mere grasp of Ajeel's hands, there is no way she is dodging intense fire, if not, explosions.

Ajeel may have drained the moisture out of Erza, but what does that tell us?

Erza can be blitz pretty easily. I don't see how Erza can tank against Wahl if she was severely damaged by Ajeel's attacks.

By far, Wahl's offense >>>>> Ajeel's offense.

Last edited:

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
replace opponents in their fights:Laxus vs Ajeel and Erza vs Wahl.

Laxus would beat the shit out of Ajeel.heck,he might even one shot him.he is not handicapped here like against Wahl.

Erza would do much better against Wahl.can she win???depends on which armor does she use.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, well to be honest, over the last week, I kept on telling everybody that Laxus being at a disadvantage in that battle made a big difference, but everybody thought it was an excuse.
I can believe that Laxus his Red Lightning was super effective against Wahl. But even though, he fought on par with Wahl for a while.

(Tbh I think that fight was awful, but it's canon after all).

However, I don't think it is true Erza will win. Wahl will blitz Erza and destroy her withtin a couple of minutes.
I don't think so. Wahl never showed that his speed is higher than Erza's. You shouldn't forget her Flight Armor, she'll outclass Wahl's speed once she uses it without any doubt.

That Nakagami Armor was PiS to the max. Erza should never have been able to cut through Minerva's space magic.
Even though I don't want to believe it, it's true. She could.

If the Nakagami Armor slashes through anything, she should be able to slash through Acnologia or August with ease. But that's not the case.
Acnologia and August have many ways to counter her Nakagami Armor. Wahl's durability is just low.

Erza couldn't even beat Ajeel. Why didn't she use her Nakagami Armor and destroy Ajeel in the first place?
She hadn't a chance to strike him before he was hit by Jupiter Cannon.

Ever since the 1 year timeskip, Erza has really been slacking. It's time she step down from her throne. I don't even classify her as Spriggan Tier.
She isn't Spriggan tier.

No offense to anybody who disagrees, but saying Erza > Wahl in this fight is like saying Ajeel >> Wahl.

Wahl's nukes are enough to rip her to shreds.... Wahl's speed matches Laxus, so that would also obliterates Erza.... and Wahl has an entire arsenal of weapons that can go head to head with anything Erza can dish out.
Wahl >>> Ajeel, but Erza would win this because her magic is super effective against Wahl while she was in a huge disadvantage against Ajeel. But in the end Wahl is the only Spriggan that Erza can match.

Laxus speed was far better than Wahl's speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.