Shounen - [Webtoon] DICE by Yunhyunseok | Page 17 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen [Webtoon] DICE by Yunhyunseok

kusiobache

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
You know... I'm starting to wonder if the
random machine (Gachapon?) is a new thing (just because it HAS the abilities of previous S-rankers doesn't mean all previous A-rankers could access the random machine...). If it was around Mooyoung could have farmed a lot of dice and tried to get abilities (including his old ones). To me he seemed to just want 6 A-rankers and immediately went to battle X, instead of wanting more dice (to use the machine). If it was around, and he still lost so many times to X...

If it wasn't around, then maybe some interesting stuff can happen with it still.

But I feel like it was mostly just for DongTae to get stronger. Otherwise Eunju, who to me seems to have a lot of dice, would have had a party with the Random Machines, too

Anyway... I'm really just trying to bring a bit of life back to this thread.:verily

requiem46

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
oh, I just recalled this manwha existed and I see someone else tried to bring the thread back to life xD

Well, tbh I haven't seen any scanlated updates on this in a long while, and I don't recall too much about the random machine. But it did look like an asspull to give dongtae a way to powerup. Although it could be justified in that none of the classic greed-crazed dicers would really want to fight his or her own fears and risk his/her life on it.

Eunju's case for not using it would be different, as she simply despises the dices. She's only using them to achieve her goal of erasing them, and I doubt anyone would have given her intel on how to access the random machine given what her goal is. the existence of this thing is kinda far-fetched, and Eunju has probably been busy learning about the other 9000 dice-related stuff that are more obvious to newcomers

kusiobache

Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
Well, tbh I haven't seen any scanlated updates on this in a long while, and I don't recall too much about the random machine. But it did look like an asspull to give dongtae a way to powerup. Although it could be justified in that none of the classic greed-crazed dicers would really want to fight his or her own fears and risk his/her life on it.
Now the author seems to be balancing the dice a little, by making it so that DongTae can't use two abilities at once, or roll a new one until he uses the one the dice currently has (lets hope he never rolls something like "go back 10 years in time".)
Your point about the greed-crazed dicers makes sense, and I like that thought (it hadn't occurred to me).
Eunju's case for not using it would be different, as she simply despises the dices. She's only using them to achieve her goal of erasing them, and I doubt anyone would have given her intel on how to access the random machine given what her goal is. the existence of this thing is kinda far-fetched, and Eunju has probably been busy learning about the other 9000 dice-related stuff that are more obvious to newcomers
True, but I'm under the impression that, once she became a dicer she somehow got most, if not all, of the information about the dice (although now we see that she most definitely doesn't know everything).
Once she became a dicer she got A-rank dice really quickly, also proved herself to be efficient in her use of the dice. She also managed to dominate Dawn (although maybe Dawn wasn't being completely serious, I forget), and during the fight Eunju showed some high proficiency with how to use her dice.

requiem46

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Where have you been keeping up to date with DICE? It would be nice to catch up on recent events.

About Eunju, maybe X saw she was becoming too good and decided agaist telling her about the random machine so that she wouldn't crush everyone down so easily? X loves trolling after all :D

kusiobache

Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
Dicescans have been releasing updates (they have a blog; I'm sure you can find it if you google). I'm not sure if me saying that is a violation of the forum rules -- I hope not :gwah

And that reason for Eunju not using the dice makes sense. Some other possible reasons I've though of are maybe there are some requirements to use it that she didn't meet, or perhaps the random machine is something that X doesn't know about? (It could introduce the possibility of some other "boss" that could maybe prolong the story).

Also, I'm getting tired of this Suksoon character.

requiem46

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I just caught up to the latest chapter. Indeed, Suksoon went from being a shitty character for a time pauser to be a crazy retarded bitch. I doubt he has long to live, though. Which is good, although I have no clue as to how will they divide the loot. I'm surprised Dawn is still alive and looking quite normal, too

requiem46

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I like the way this season is unfolding so far. Breaks to prepare a new season are usually a good thing for the story. My only complaint with the current clan wars status is that we are supposed to think non-dicers do not react at all to this thing. Or so it seems